>BUT I CAN CARRY STRANGER THINGS 2

>when the end of all things kicks in
youtube.com/watch?v=3MWxAAQoNiw

>Don't you let go

I won't Sam, I won't

>tfw no Samwise Gamgee tier bro

>tfw used to argue with my best friend who was Sam
>tfw he eventually said it was me
>tfw realized months later that he letting me be Sam is what Sam would do.

Did you guys share the load too?

>I think the simple “rustic” love of Sam and his Rosie (nowhere elaborated) is absolutely essential to the study of his (the chief hero’s) character
>chief hero

Tolkien knew what was up when he was writing it.

youtube.com/watch?v=FXaJI0L562k

FRODO: I can’t do this, Sam.
SAM: I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened.
But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something.
FRODO: What are we holding on to, Sam?
SAM: That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.

I can't file it for you, but I can claim you as a dependent!

I cried because you're right

Every night.

I am unironically crying here, user. I've acting like a fucking scumbag for the past couple of months because I am frustrated with my life. This has reminded me that there is victory ahead and that I can't just give in to anger.

Thank you, senpai.

In that hour of trial it was the love of his master that helped most to hold him firm; but also deep down in him lived still unconquered his plain hobbit-sense: he knew in the core of his heart that he was not large enough to bear such a burden, even if such visions were not a mere cheat to betray him. The one small garden of a free gardener was all his need and due, not a garden swollen to a realm; his own hands to use, not the hands of others to command.

>I've rationed it. There should be enough
>for what?
>the journey home
How can one man be so pure?

can he carry me and my friends?

Took me years to realize that Sam is the greatest hero in the series. He's what it's all about.

>Lie down
>Try not to cry
>Cry alot

youtube.com/watch?v=d3pDTfCKjiA

Thinking about it now, couldn't Sam have just grabbed the ring, ran it up into the volcano, tossed it in and ran back down to Frodo to catch the eagle?

I understand it would have ruined a lot of thematic stuff, especially if Gollum didn't directly cause the ring to be destroyed, but why couldn't Sam have said "no, I CAN carry the ring, Mr. Frodo; it's only like 20 feet, I'll be back in 30 seconds I just have to save the world real quick"?

he would have succumbed to it's influence

At the risk of being a huge pleb, this is probably my all time favorite film speech and I literally tear up a little bit every time

Frodo becomes crazed when the ring is in jeopardy. On Mount Doom he goes from not being able to walk to being able to fight with Gollum. Also it's shown no one has ever had the strength to destroy it.

But Sam carried it for a much longer period of time right before that when Frodo was out of commission, what's another 30 seconds?

one of those 3 times in the movies where you have to shed some tears like a little bitch

Great writing, great music and a fantastic performance. Astin became legend in that moment.

Yeah, too bad he tarnished his legacy with that horrible tell all book he wrote.

Who else watches these movies at least 1-2 times a year? I don't spoil myself so 1-2 is good. And honestly it never gets old.

Fellowship is the comfy one. Something about it is really charming. Its adventurous.

Towers is kind of the middle. It has some comfy and some action.

Return is the great final act. Big action without losing anything really.

>A character women will never understand

Every fucking wiman thinks he's secretly gay

King Isildur fought a fucking war to get rid of the ring and punked out literally two steps from the edge.

same here man, got the shit beat out of me, been pushing the people I love away from me, damn near killed myself through substances and poor habits, but I'm still going, hoping for a better tomorrow.
We're gonna make it bro.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=201&v=W__p0gCBSZI

>yfw this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc

Yeah but Isildur's human, I thought Hobbit's are supposed to be more resilient than men?

I'm done making a fuss about it, I also understand Frodo was fucked up having to carry it the whole time and Sam just had it a few hours, I just wonder if Sam could have subbed in at the last minute and punched it in after Frodo brought it all the way to the 1 yard line.

Ikr the elves even gave them a special necklace so they wouldn’t have to actually touch the ring

>I thought Hobbit's are supposed to be more resilient than men?
...To the ring's power, I meant

Also Hobbits*

me

I host a marathon of all 3 every year. We start at 9am after breakfast, then eat one LotR-themed meal between each one-half of the three movies. So breakfast, 2nd breakfast, Elevensies, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, and Supper. Each movie has its own unique drinking rules, along with a few global ones. Our favorite is, "Every time you either tear up or cry, you must exclaim 'For Frodo!' and take two drinks."

No you make a fair point. But maybe Frodo thought for absolute certain he would be able to get rid of it and didn't want to take the risk.

hello plebbit

that sounds super autistic but I'm still jealous

I dont have any friends, can I come?

>DEAAAAAAAATHH

y-yeah what dumb sounding party haha

wtf lol, are they gay?

underrated

My headcannon is that the closer you get to Mount Doom, the stronger the ring's influence gets

That's accurate senpai, that's when the ring is at it's strongest.

literally fucking reddit

>hurr durr so much evil in the world but we need to fight for happiness!!! xD

>On the day of my judgment, when I stand before God, and He asks me why did I kill one of his true miracles, what am I gonna say? That it was my job? My job?
>You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?
>Yes, John. I think I can.
>my soul when

What exactly is in that book that destroyed his legacy?

Fuck off you edgy relativist.

Hey as long as you’re having fun right? Don’t let them shit on you

Jesus cries take the dildo out of your vaginas you homofags.
>I'm so le crying right now and I want you all to know so you think how deep I am on this anonymous forum
Jesus fucking Christ. You don't *more* get it if you react or pretend to it heavier.

>Simbelmyne. Ever has it grown on the tombs of my forebears. Now it shall cover the grave of my son. Alas, that these evil days should be mine. The young perish and the old linger. That I should live to see that last days of my house.
>No parent should have to bury their child.
This is now the feels thread just so you know

>But I can carry your loans

They couldn't possibly rain on my marathon. It's the most positive, enjoyable party of the entire year. It's basically 12 hours of:

>God damn, I love this scene so much dude.
>I know bro, the way it shows Boromir as a real champion of Men. Makes his death that much more potent.
>Here he is as a captain of Gondor, and with his last breath he named Aragorn HIS captain. Man, it's just... ah fuck, for Frodo!

>You'll forgive my impertinence, Sir, but even though we have never before met, I have always considered you as a father to me.
>Quellek... by Grabthar's hammer... by the Suns of Worvan... you shall be... avenged.

>In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields of Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom.

a trilogy which women will never truly understand

but why be really anyone don't just decided to even to far flying wanted to those big birds as carry them satanic trinket want do more then volcano?

>Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.

Hobbits dont desire and greed over things like power, which is what the ring signified. Throughout the story it makes a point that men succumbed to the rings allure because they wanted power, take boromir and his brother, at the first sight of the ring they went crazy. Although not as much, I have to assume other races also have this weakness too, considering gandalf was a Maiar and didn't even want to touch the ring.
This lack of greed I think just makes it so that a hobbit can hold onto longer and give it up easier than men/other races, but since it was so close to mount doom the rings power still had a great influence over frodo.

Not to single out this post specifically, but this whole conversation is missing the point. It's not D&D. D&D is the feeble, gamified imitation of LotR.

>when Galadriel first sees all of them right after gandalf fell and sam still has hope left
The dude never stopped believing. Brings a tear to my eye

Boromir gave up the ring when he could've taken it for himself.

A true numenorean could've waltzed into Mordor and thrown it in the volcano without a second thought

great introspection about war

Sounds really lame, but fun at the same time.

fpbp

I have been watching a lot of the behind the scenes for the lotr trilogy and I recommend anyone who hasn't seen them to watch all the lotr BTS appendices.
Learning about the pain staking process of shooting all the movies earned even more of my respect for the trilogy.

I specifically like this part where it tells how crammed and jumbled up the post production process was for Return of the King, they finished it all mere days before the world premiere.
youtube.com/watch?v=ltj___wSu_w

This one is about the reception of the last movie and its a feel-good feeling seeing all the actors and staff getting the reward they deserved.
youtu.be/792nQVWcsI0

>when he chased Frodo in the river and refused to go back
He's a fucking bro

You are a giant pleb if you don't understand how peace and prosperity works.

> I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
> So do Alwo Livtocesu, Chtymesbutté Datiznoth, Fordemdode'ayd Alwë, Av'dòisse de Coyde, Watto du Wittë, Dimedatiz Givhen "Tousse" Deraroth Erffources, Atvorkin Tiswold, Frodo Besiddins (relative of Frodo?), Devil of Evil, Bilbo Wasmint, Duphaunde Ringin, Witch Caseyo, Wheralzomeent Dohavit and Datizan Encuradgingougt.

Fuck I tear up hard every time with this scene.

Twice.
Once in the spring when I open my cabin.
And again in the fall when I close things up for winter.

Wsa this explained in Tolkien's other works?

They were appearently characters in Silmarillion. Someone made a list but I lost it.

A DAY WILL COME WHEN THE COURAGE OF THE MEN OF THE WEST WILL FAIL... TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY!

one does not simply walzed into Mordor

This got ruined for me due to that cringe video, you know the one.

He really can, holy goddamn hell. Been slowly watching through it and he's the only thing worthwhile.

Theodens speech at Pelenor vs Aragorns speech at the Black Gate

whos is more epic?

Love the Black Gate scene but DEATH is the single peak of the trilogy, despite ROTK being the weakest of the three films.

ehehehehehe

HAHAHAHA, oooh that's true

Faramir's parting conversation with Gandalf

come on
even in the book he's just a suspicious nanny sidekick with quirky jokes
he's not the hero, he's the bit of shire that makes it all the way to mt.doom with frodo, since frodo himself is drained of it completely until the ring gets bitten off.

used to be. now it's hollywood schlock.

Some good feels.

I didn't understand this scene

Dont worry, the new series will adress the problematic content for you.

>ironically using /lefty/ words to "flip the narrative"
You're a pussy.

this is the complete opposite of true you dolt

>But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something.
Sam was redpilled in his own cute way. That's some good stuff right here

>Imagine be this devoid of emotions.

You've clearly never watched the triliogy

>Yet hope remains while the company is true *glances at Sam*
Really warms my heart

read the original speech at the end of the two towers (right before shelobs lair I think)

the movie version is a pretty good condensation, not much is lost

cuck