How does it feel to be utterly BTFOed, Sup Forums?

How does it feel to be utterly BTFOed, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

hillarybeattrump.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm not American so this doesn't mean anything to me

Is Spencer really this anal pained that people don't want their comics pander to politics anymore?

Me neither. I recognized Corto Maltese though. I always wanted to get into it but I haven't yet.

I really love Tintin, so if it's anything like that, I might enjoy it.

Why is Ronald Reagan melting?

Yup. Especially far left shit.

Damn, Reagan looks like THAT??

Well, probably a few months after he died, I suppose. He'd look like bones now.

The only difference is that now conservatives are kids who read comics and don't like to be BTFO

Here's the difference: once called out on it, Frank Miller stopped acting like a self-deluded cunt online. When does Spencer plan to do the same?

the irony of saying "don't tell me how to think" while parading something that is meant to force everybody who read it to bow down to your side "or else"

I'm pretty fucking sure this has more nuance than simply putting Trump quotes in the Red Skull's mouth.

Isn't frank miller treated as an insane ultra right wing pariah?

Is this really the best example to use?

I don't get it.

Is Spencer only able to communicate to other humans through virtue signaling or what

Cigarettes: not even once

Millars a centre left democrat. He hates guns and supported clinton but hated the wall street protestors.

Wasn't a sjw leftist either.

>don't like to be BTFO
Can't you even talk normally? The fuck is your problem?

only after 9/11, 9/11 broke him just as Trump broke a lot of comic writers.

>virtue signalling

If you gonna use buzz words, can you at least use them when they actually apply?

>Your political virtue signalling is annoying, partisan, and uniformed

>Frank Millar did it so it's okay lol you got BTFO

Spencer's response actually doesn't answer the complaints leveled against him. Like, at all.

Spencer is still mad people want him to tone down the political soapboxing and pointed out that DKR had political references.

Do people seriously read comic panels like this and think it's anything but satire?

hillarybeattrump.org/
reminder that you create your own reality
in other words go back to tumblr where you are able to live in fantasy land

Fucking hell, if Spencer is any saltier he'd become Lot's Wife

Also I don't think anyone is supposed to take DKR seriously, especially as a political commentary of all things

Frank's not that right wing.

Do people even remember it for the political shit? Seems to me that the politics was always something people just ignored in favor of the rest of it. After all, Dark Knight Returns II isn't considered a classic.

>Millar
How embarrassing for you.

Frank Miller, not Mark Millar.

Fuck me if I'm one baited motherfucker.

Sorry my dude didn't mean to harass you with my mean words try to keep a close look out for those evil alt right fascist boogiemen for me alright

The market is saturated with lazy, badly executed garbage that it's completely predicatable. I don't think he even understandss the complaints.

There's what he is, and what he's treated as. That makes it even more hillarious.

I genuinely can't tell if you're trolling or retarded

Anti-SJWs: Marvel sucks because Spencer is an SJW!
SJWs: Marvel sucks because Spencer is an anti-SJW!

>Writes everyone with the same voice in Champions and reduce them to talking heads for your political opinions

>Write a small mid-western town that somehow has a gay dance club, a mosque, a synagogue, and a black church just so evil white people can attack them

>Insinuate that it's not the progressive left Antifa that are the violent problem but white middle America.

>Insinuate that Trump's election caused a wave of anti-minority violence when it instead caused the left to freak the fuck out and black teens to kidnap a retarded child and torture him live on facebook while screaming fuck trump fuck white people.

>Insinuate that Trump caused identity politics based hatred when Obama was the one starting it by courting BLM.

But its okay because DKR goosed Reagan?

Spencer you can't win by posting non sequiturs.

Miller is an awful writer, this is no secret. Bad example.

I think the problem is that the people complaining about poltics being inserted into comics at all are the loudest, and he (and likely other creators) confuse them with other fans who just think Spencer's commentary is clunky and distracts from the story at worst.

Typo

Nigga spencer doesn't write champions you idiot,Waid does

Like the people making up terrorist attacks in Sweden?

The problem is DKR's main theme and story was about Batman coming out of retirement, not Reagan.

Champions is about how white men are the devil and non-whites are victims of white intolerance. There's really nothing more to it than that.

i wonder if spencer knows how hilarious he is. if i worked at dc id check his twitter every minute for laughs and sodium intake

he's really not but if you're only looking at people in the american comic book industry he's on the right end of the spectrum

Spencer is truly the master of making nobody happy.

But Spencer didn't write Champions

>Implying migrant crime isn't a daily occurrence in Swedistan.

RAPE CAPITOL OF EUROPE

>>all these new fags blaming spencer for Waids book

>Years Ronald Reagan was president before Miller spent a few panels on him when discussing the nature of Superman is he truly is about the nation as some writers would like to believe: 4.
>Years Donald Trump was president before Nick Spencer started calling him out in his comics and making vaguely concealed metaphors for his campaign slogans: 0.

I wonder why one is accepted yet still often criticized as strawmanning while the other is called stupid and pandering.

Holy fuck, can you really be this retarded? You used a word wrong (and likely didn't even know what it meant before you copy-pasted it from some youtube comment section), and now you're projecting harder than an actual projector.

Are you legitimately 12 years old?

I'm pretty sure newspaper cartoons aren't threatening you.

Can you really blame them? Marvel's writers are starting to blend together into a homogeneous mass of SJW cancer.

He's virtue signaling right now you turd, by definition

>vir·tue sig·nal·ing
>noun
>noun: virtue signalling; noun: virtue signaling
>the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

He's posting this to signify that he is part of the moral high ground and beyond questioning. He's also saying that it's perfectly okay for him to soapbox poorly, because someone else did.

>36 likes

at least all of Spencer's fans have stayed loyal

everyone knows that people living under democrat tirany should get used to terrorist attacks
just look at germany, france england, etc

Miller has said it wasn't meant to be political, just satire. It was literally just shit he thought was funny.

>stopped acting like a self-deluded cunt online.

and that has nothing to do with what is actually in his comics.

Corto Maltese didn't deserve this.

>donald trump hasn't been a known quantity for decades
lol ok

>Champions is about how white men are the devil and non-whites are victims of white intolerance.

They went to fucking pakistan to fight radical Muslims. When was the last time that Big 2 did it?

>implying putting a president in a comic is political

No one is complaining that comics acknowledge that politicians exist. Just keep the fucking propaganda out of it.

>Also I don't think anyone is supposed to take DKR seriously,

And you think people are supposed to take shit like trump modok seriously? Just admit you're a hypocrit. If you have problems with politics in comics, then be consistent. This is a case of "I wasn't alive when the comic was made so it's okay".

Fuck off you nazi fascist. Your time is coming to and end bitch.

I'm more impressed with the fact that Reagan supposedly even knows about Corto. I've tried to order volumes from comic book store-owners that didn't know what it was.

Very different from Tintin. They share similar themes of "Adventures around the globe in the pre-/post- World War period", but Corto's a lot wordier, and reads more like an actual novel. It's also very melancholic in tone, but has beautiful art.

Radical muslims live in white countries too.

Doesn't matter, I can taste Spencer's tears through my monitor. The man is clearly sour Marvel is beginning to pull back their condescending bullshit in their comics depriving him of a soap box.

You can't be this dense. I refuse to believe it. Nobody can look at those 2 panels and say "Yep, that's a completely neutral portrayal of the president".

Far leftists like you and the nazis are both scum.

Can't even pander to one side, what a madman.

You were saying?

Black Reign

hillarybeattrump.org/
for when reality is too much to handle for liberals

>Fight Radical Muslims
>In Pakistan

That's just muslims. Implying there's a "radical sect"in Pakistan is wrong. It's their culture to beat their wives and fuck little boys.

That's not my point, you retard.

I don't like Trump either, but whining about shit that hasn't even happened yet is grating and clearly pandering. His use of the Serpent Society in Sam's book was just groan-worthy.

It just shows they form their opinions on comics based on what they read online.

Yeah, Corto Maltese is basically Tintin for young adults. It's pretty good. Not the modern revival that just came out though, that was atrocious garbage with pretty art. Felt like it was written by someone who read a wikipedia article about Corto Maltese and thought they could write a whole comic about it. Just read the original Hugo Pratt books if anything.

Wait, what? TDKR was released in 1986, a full six years into Regan's presidency. Those two singular panels were there to set the state of the US and frame the current environment yo set the background for an older Superman and Batman, whose origins and history came from a much different time. This shit was setting material to explore changing times and how they affected the characters, not soapboxing.

But what it have to do with what I said?

>underage detected

That's literally EXACTLY how Reagan talked. I think he might have even been QUOTING him.

Bite the pillow, it's going to be a long 4+4 more years. Maybe you'll finally be a real man when Trump is done with you.

Fucking die Pig. Hilary won the popular vote. YOU FUCKING SCUMBAG RETARD. Are you high? Make your own reality?? You got fucking duped by a con man, and believe others are delusional. I'd fucking carve your pig face off and feed it to you if you were in front of me right now you fascist cunt.

>Historians say Clinton's presidency is already in "all time top 5"

This is some Chris Chan level shit right here.

I just checked and apparently Corto Maltese is an actual location in Miller's DKR universe.

Interesting. Perhaps you can tell me why you personally like Corto? What about it is noticeable and worthwhile for you personally? (maybe even something to get me hyped?)

They should let them beat up radical muslims in usa.

And have ms marvel crave delucious white cock.

SPENCER BTFO

SOMEONE POST THIS AS A RESPONSE

The 2 panels are about INTERVENTIONISM, it's straight as fuck:

Reagan is a monster that uses his charm to make terrible shit like warsd or americna imperialism sound good.

Fucking idiot. Do americansd really have no idea whats was going on during the 80's?

>TDKR makes fun of the president
>"i don't see anything wrong here"
>Marvel comics make fun of the president
>"WOW WHAT THE FUCK STOP SHOVING POLITICS IN COMICS YOU FUCKING SJWS"

2/10, made me respond. If you're fishing for (you)s keep it toned down, you're more likely to get responses that way.

>Serpent Society
SONS OF THE SERPENT, FUCK ME
I need to stop doing this.

He's replying to the thread which started with only 1 expressed opinion, that being "I'm allowed to use social commentary because others do it". Whether you agree or not, this is absolutely not virtue signalling.

And if you thought he was referring to Spencer in general, I remind you user was also retarded enough to shut off his brain and post another storm of meaningless, youtube-comment-quality buzzwords

No, Spencer's right that Miller did do political commentary in DKR. Miller was very critical of Reagan in DKR and Elektra Assassin. But the thing is, it didn't hinder the comic.

Neat, a thread discussing Millar's use of political tension in TDKR.

Trump supporters are a lot more thin-skinned than normal people.

>spencer doesn't realize those are literally quotes

Yeah, there's NOTHING political about a neutral portrayal of a real politician. Fucking spencer is a fucking idiot who knows nothing about comics and even less about politics and history.

>He unironically believes right wingers are nazis

I can sort of understand the conservatives are racist meme but how detached do you even have to be to think that almost half of the country are comparable to Hitler

>we've got to secure our -ahem- stand up for the cause of freedom

It's made clear as fuck to the point of being cartoonish, yet you still can't understand it.

>Muh popular vote

Remember when you leftists were out protesting for the electoral college to change before the election?

No? Because you didn't?

Because you only called foul when Hillary "don't make me assassinate you in the back of the head" Clinton lost?

Is that why 80% of the cops there are considering quitting over the migrant crisis?

>>TDKR makes fun of the president
Reagan and tatcher were neoliberal monsters, it's a critique to propaganda and how things were happening

>>Marvel comics make fun of the president
For stuff he hasnt done and never said. IT's no diffwerent than calling obama a dictator.

You realize those are Reagan quotes, right? There's nothing "political" or "biased" about quoting someone. In fact, it's the exact opposite.

>I'd fucking carve your pig face off and feed it to you if you were in front of me right now
you are clearly not over reacting and acting out in completely delusional and violent ways right now

>But the thing is, it didn't hinder the comic.

Because you weren't alive when he was the president, so you don't really have that strong of an opinion about him.

I don't think they are? Corto Maltese isn't one of the countries Reagen's administration fucked up