Do girls read comics?

Do girls read comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eltingville_(comics)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some do. Lot of hot cosplayers do.

The three comic shops I live near all have women running the counter, so I'd say yes.

are they hot? do they smell like stale paper?

Do guys read comics?

Is OP a faggot?

My cousin (female) reads comics from time to time

Does Sup Forums read comics?

I think the better question here is do attractive girls read real comics and no poorly pandered shit.

>are they hot?

They read comic books for a hobby, of course they're not hot.

dude

that's weak

Inb4 the inevitable, spoilered "we do" that gets 10000 (You)s

One of my friend's has an obsession with Tom King's stuff and she finds him cute.

I know one girl irl that reads comics, and by that I mean she pirates Harley Quinn comics.

We don't get along.

There's at least one female comic reader on this forum who does semi-regular storytimes.

Sup Forums in a nutshell

My sister (male) does.

Yeah they do.
However, that doesn't mean they're reading Marvel shit.

Some do, some don't. Almost like they are human beings like you and I.

Yeah, but most of them (probably 95% of them) only read shit like Saga or Squirrel Girl

>eltingville club
This triggers Sup Forums

No one gives a shit what your gender is here because it's irrelevant when we're all anonymous. If you get blasted for exposing any personal details, you deserve it.

the real question is if they support the same ships or if they are permaplebs

>sister (male)
What?

No. They read wikis and cosplay tho.

We /tumblr/ now

He's saying they're a tranny.

How can it trigger Sup Forums? It's literally just a mirror for 90 percent of the people here.

yes
yes they do
they just don't read floppies or capeshit
I know this one girl who reads Scott Pilgrim and hates John Green books

It doesn't
I figured out a long time ago that it's easy to not get triggered if I ignore black and white thumbnails.

More like 85
5 percent are decent guys, the other 15 percent are female.

>mirror for 90 percent of the people here
There's your answer.

>we're all anonymous
Stow that shit. We all know full well that we assume everyone is a guy and if they say they're actually a girl they get blasted.

this is true
on an anonymous website, telling people what gender you are is an attention grab, unless it is in a thread whose specific topic is gender like this one
as far as girls reading comics...
i live in the southern US and most women here are afraid to like anything out loud except bad music
i'm sure there are women who legitimately read comics (not just reading watchmen or the walking dead once) but i've never met one

No, Not even my trap bf reads comics

(You) are pretty funny

That's some quality projection you've got going there, Shirou.

Yes because I am one and I do.

I don't really like capeshit so I don't know if I 'count' though.

What comics do you read? For the record, I ask everyone who says they like comics but not capes.

Most girls I know read manga, does that count?

I'd say more girls enjoy "orbiter hobbies" like cosplay because girls naturally like to play dress-up.

Not too many seem to enjoy action oriented media in general regardless if the protagonist is also female.
They often at best like the look of a character and the admiration they can get by dressing up like some kind of weird stripper.

What they do seem to enjoy that I have seen every so often is a story about a bland brunette that a female audience can self-insert as in a kind of love triangle or straight up reverse-harem.
>Fushigi Yuugi
>Ouran Highschool Host Club
>Vampire Knight
>Twilight
>Hunger Games
Not comics though.
I'd say most comic writers now-n-days find heterosexual relationships "unprogressive and problematic".

Plenty. Just usually not cape comics.

Yes, but I feel bad for them because now women that have been a part of the fandom for decades have to be repreented by a bunch of dye haired hipsters dead set on franchise rape for a nebulous greater good.

A lot of the girls reading comics didn't give a shit and now they have to go into hiding lest they be associated with condescending, juvenile, cutesy shit like Hellcat, and I can only guess how much that must suck for them.
I went through the same thing when Hudlin was on Black Panther but at least that was more isolated.

Is that kind of like how if you step out of lien with certain ideologies you're assumed to be a straight white male?

you mean Sup Forumsco or Sup Forumsmblr?

she pirate them she is ok in my book

i have always wonder what was she asking for in the original printing

well comics used to be a hobby for the marginated losers so go into hiding was a thing comic readers did

Saga.

Both just read webcomics that wank their opinions off

no that is what she is asking for in the reprint the original eltingville club is way older than saga but i havent seen the original print just the new one

This.

Girls actually read a wider variety of comics than boys.

Or, at least, a wider variety than the narrow niche that Sup Forums's boys focus on.

It's not a reprint, it's new story. And she's asking for Saga.

Well, "new". 2014.

Heh. It really did sound like Sup Forums. At first. Then the 2nd half of the page kinda escalated unrealistically. Seems more like these characters just have deep-seated anger issues but I doubt this writer actually thinks that deeply about what they write.

Here's the thing, OP.

Nobody reads comics.

(Females) don't count, tranny.

are you sure it isnt a repraint of 1995? check the Publishing history in jewpedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eltingville_(comics)

100 percent sure. This is a recent comic.

>reprint of a comic from 1995
>everyone has smart phones

Yeah. I remember a woman back around 2007 asking me if I had read the latest green lantern. I lied of course because talking to women was rare for me and she smelled gud. She asked me who my favorite character was and I said Al Gordon. The conversation awkwardly fizzled out and I haven't talked to a woman since.

a shit im sorry

And then still assume it's a guy anyway. You're full of poopy

I do, but I try to keep it lowkey. no cosplay, no comic themed clothing. keep powerlevel on an acceptable point unless I really get to meet somebody with a likening for comics. I enjoy storytime threads.

I guess some of the ones that do just don't go around being "visible". don't expect them to be qts or very sociable though. I dont think it's likely to mention it on threads unless it's a question like this one

I do.

>scott pigrilm
well aleast is not saga i guess

>find girl that reads comics
>she reads marlel trash

How many times have you had sex?

The average here is 0.

Thats why we have comics, because we need connection to anything at all and we suck interpersonally.

That page is from a "new" comic, yo
The Eltingville Club/Dork are old but that one is a new comic from Dark Horse

I forgot it was still cool to shit on scott pilgrim.

What is it with Saga that girls like so much? It is not even a good comic.

Never even read it.

What is it about capeshit that boys like so much? It's not even a particularly interesting genre.

yea this user make it clear

They do, I seen it wit me own eyes.

Well now you are just wrong

im not shiting on it im just saying is one of the few comics girls read, i was shiting on saga doe

I'm not somebody who gets outside a lot, or has a lot of friends. I have never got the trend where it became cool to be "nerd" or "geeky", people don't know how it sucks, in a way.

what I know is I enjoy talking with my few friends about comics

>Thats why we have comics, because we need connection to anything at all and we suck interpersonally.

How do comics provide more of a connection to something than any other form of media?

>Well at least it's not Saga, I guess.
That's shitting on it. Damning with faint praise, at least.

Doesn't every body do?

> I have never got the trend where it became cool to be "nerd" or "geeky"
normies think that until they find a real nerd and the coplain in tumblr becuase he turned out to be an asshole witch used to be one of the charactheristical traits in the "geek" comunity

>keep powerlevel on an acceptable point

You are pathetic.

I think that user is mostly projecting his reasons to read comics

I like Saga and think it's good. Not everyone has to like the same things you like, user. You fucking moron.

Why? I can understand her for not wanting to look like a geek.

This.

lol speak for yourself dude

>only wanting these things to be your topics when talking to others

>wanting to be one-dimensional as a cardboard cutout

Are you a girl? Also Vaughan has done better comics

No. It's a little known fact that women cartoonists have never actually read a comic book... we just draw what our male bosses describe to us. But actually reading comics? 100% forbidden.

My ex-girlfriend has an intense love for Shonen manga, Plastic Man and Captain Marvel.

She finds most of the characters sexy, and has admitted to have touched herself to Goku, Luffy, Naruto and that ginger prick from Bleach. There's more, including Plas and ol' Billy Batson himself not in Captain Marvel form

I must admit Plas is kinda cute, but my heart goes to Booster Gold

>Are you a girl?

No.

>Also Vaughan has done better comics

Probably. It's all a matter of opinion. You understand that, right? How opinions work?

no, they read blogs. and blogs get clicks talking about comics.

That's cheating, Larry.

>not in Captain Marvel form
Dang, why aren't you guys together anymore?

Good choice, but Guy Gardner is the man

Explain yourself. Why would you care what other people think?

That's literally the opposite of being cool.

No wonder, the dude looks like a total chad. I'd bang him and I'm straight.

Yes