Infamous Iron Man #5

dead?

OP made it while Sup Forums was fucked and you couldn't post images. Gimme a minute and I'll do the storytime now that we can.

I'll be straight with you guys, Bendis is about to stretch out like 4 pages worth of content into ~15 pages, but that's Bendis for you.

Stick around until the end though because there is a fucking DOOZY you won't want to miss.

digging the artist

>Director Hill
Wasn't she fired and replaced?

Bendis is the king of decompression. The first like dozen issues will probably all still be taking place immediately after CWII. Remember that he didn't finish his Original Sin tie-in until Secret Wars was about to start, and that whole arc was undone via time-travel.

>Hello, Mother.
>Who ARE you?
????

How the fuck is Ben even relevant?

Is this comic ignoring Triumph and Torment? It better not be.

Jesus christ this is like Bendis speak 101

He's not even spacing it out with some actual dialog now

Bendis did a poorly done acknowledgment that he's read Triumph and Torment in the first issue. But it's still Bendis.

Why is Doom's reaction not "I SAW YOUR SOUL GO TO HEAVEN AFTER I FREED YOU FROM HELL"?

>I don't have a phone

It's nice to see Doom actually be intelligent.

It's classic Bendis. Most of the issue is extreme decompression padding things out until he does a last page that gets talked about, causing it to seem like more happened than actually did.

Really? They just leave her without asking her anything else? Just like that?

>The Maker fucked Doom's mom
AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BRAVO REED

>For the first time since I was a young man
FUCK YOU BENDIS, YOU REALLY ARE IGNORING TRIUMPH AND TORMENT AREN'T YOU?

>mfw

IS HE NOT JOBBING? WHY IS HE EVEN HERE?

To be fair he has close to a thousand years on her

>spoilers that one
>doesn't spoiler this one

For what purpose?

THIS IS ALL RICHARDS' FAULT! RICHAAAAAAAAAAARDS!

That cover has been solicited for 3 months now. That ain't a spoiler.

>Latveria
>Ever not a perfect land ruled by Doom
>Kristoff or someone else not acting immediately after Shield starts this shit

What the fuck happened to Latveria? I thought Reed remade it made like it was before for Vic

After Victor got his face fixed, he decided to give Latveria back to the people, went to his military leaders and told them to ensure a peaceful transition and a number of people he said to seek out for leadership positions then fucked off to look in mirrors and fuck with Tony Stark.

Latveria almost instantly collapsed into civil war the second he left.

>>RIIIIICHHHHHAAARRRRDDSSSS!!!!
>>"I believe the term you're looking for...is DADDY"

that's really dumb

the maker and richards are different people?

Why the fuck is he even here?

Why would he be fucking with this version of Doom? It isn't like he can uncuck himself through transitive property of fucking Doom's mom.

Maker is 1610 Reed who survived the restart 616 Reed did after Secret War

It's Bendis. Given that he probalby can't use regular Reed to do some dumb Reed vs Doom story, he's left with Maker

The Maker is Ultimate Reed.

Ehhhhhhhhhh, there are still some errors, but I can think of a few ways that this doesn't mess with that.

I mean, it kinda makes sense:

>Let's get Reformed Doom to fight Evil Reed.

What doesn't make sense is why. She's obviously a clone, because that's the Maker's shtick. But why fuck with Doom? He gave up Latveria, he's basically working as a rogue element, and he isn't even the 1610 version of Doom.

Is it just Reed being drawn to fuck with Doom like he did in Ultimate FF?

THE MADMAN HOLY SHIT

This reminds me of an elseworld where Lex went back in time to fuck supermans mum before krypton blew up. His reasoning being that superman will never dare to hurt his dad, making it easier to kill him.

Calling it now, it's a clone of his mother.

Honestly, that is the best way this can go down without anyone getting angry.

>dude who has had entire armies of clones previously
>"I bet it's a clone!"

No shit, it'd be surprising if it wasn't.

thanks for helping me understand it a little better

The Maker versus Doom is almost enough of a twist to get me to buy a Marvel comic series again.

Almost.

I have to admit, I am intrigued.

Problem.

It's Bendis, not Hickman.

Both times Hickman has been with Evil Reed, it's been fucking great. But I've got no faith in anyone using him.

Well, his stated goal in New Avengers was that he was trying to gather up all the super-geniuses he could to be forced into helping him create his Ultimate Universe, a singular super-universe made from fusing all the universes together.

Makes sense that he would want Doom's help given his intellect, but would clearly be wary of him considering his period of time on Battleworld and history with Van Damme.

They weren't an army of clones. They were an army of genetically perfect post-humans developed through a thousand years of eugenics in his hyperbolic timechamber that held The City.

Ewing can write Maker well.

Is he showing up for Eternity War? It would seem logical given he's sliced into a multiversal amount of himself and it'd give him a good excuse to combine together

Maker will be in Ultimates, it was confirmed in a teaser.

Wouldn't it just be easier to reform the Council of Reeds because Molecule-Man accidentally put a Maker in every continuum?

Right, clones. Genetically modified, and peerless, but they were still clones from the same genetic stock that he had refined over centuries to create the Children.

The "Coming this year in the Ultimates^2" teased him showing up there. He's definitely still a factor in Ewing's Eternity War story.

Each Maker is doing this in their own universe. They're working together as a singular whole.

Hang the fuck on, wasnt dugan a robot who was killed of?

If Bendis is respecting what Ewing did with Maker then one of the other Maker slices could probably have sent her from an alternate reality where she never died

Fury made a bunch of replacement Dugan LMDs. Once one doing LMD dies, the next one just wakes up and takes his place. The real Dugan is basically in stasis with his brainwaves being used for the LMDs. You'd have to kill the original Dugan to stop the constantly respawning Dugan LMD army.

He was a series of LMDs and they thought the original was dead, and he was fucked in that every time an LMD Dugan died another one was activated, so he could never escape his hellish existence as a soulless robot

But then Ewing had the New Avengers find the original Dugan in suspended animation

But didnt Fury make the robot Dugan because the original died, if he was alive why didnt he just use the real one?

Lethal injury. Had to put him in stasis to save him. Uses his LMD factory to let him live on indefinitely. Explains why he hasn't really aged despite having never taken the Infinity Formula.

it is realistic

That literal motherfucker!

New Doom is that guy who mentions something in passing and then waits for you to ask about it to get attention.

I think the first one is Doom being sardonic and then he thinks it's a fake so he wants to know who's pretending to be his mom.

Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed off by this poor excuse too

That ending was fucking aces. Bendis is doing really well with this series and I'm probably going to buy the TPB when it comes out....maybe.

>That ending was fucking aces
I thought her name was Cynthia.

>Toppled the monarchy that killed her
>Mastered science and the mystic arts
>Saved her from Hell
>Got out of Hell, twice
>Became God, three times
>Saved all of existence from extra-dimensional action figures
You'd think she would have been just a little proud of him before.

something Bendis wrote actually made me smile

Alright thread. If you were going to make a team intended to legitimize "redeemed" rogues Who do you gather alongside Doom/Iron Man, SpOck, and Sabertooth? The team wouldn't need to be exclusively comprised of character that fit the archetype, but who do put together with them?

Magneto

So the Thunderbolts?

Oh shit, yeah. Great call.

>She's obviously a clone, because that's the Maker's shtick.
his new thing is to gather people from alternate universes

Not necessarily. I always thought the Thunderbolts was more like the Suicide Squad in that they were being leveraged against their will to provide benefit to whomever was calling the shots. in this case, I mean characters doing good for not reason that their own volition. Ock saw the benefit of righteousness before being outkeikaku'd by Osborn and giving control of the body back to Pete. Doom has seen the folly of the endless pursuit of power and how the pursuit of power will never satisfy him even once he has absolute power and that perhaps there is an alternative to doing things as he always has. Vic was admittedly turned against his good will by the inversion, but even he realized a remorse for all the bad he's done of the years, and I think Magneto and Scott became mirrors to see themselves in, before realizing the other might not have been as wrong as they initially thought.

so much reused artwork on this page

whats better is he currently exist across all universes at the moment thanks to molecule man so this isnt even the grand scheme of things

could do without the first panel

>I always thought the Thunderbolts was more like the Suicide Squad
Yes, a lot of people who were under the impression that Ellis created the Thunderbolts when he turned them into the Suicide Squad seem to think that.

However, it's not the case.

I think hes saying since he last saw her alive and you know not burning in hell.

Couldn't they just send one guy? Why a whole squad just to ask her a question?

When Doom is involved, better safe than sorry.

> *ZZZZZAP*
> "Tom sure is taking his time, someone go check on him"
>*ZZZAP*
> " man, now Mike is taking forever"
>" Lets keep sending guys in there one at a time "

she has ties to Doom ,send a whole army

How did Maker even manage this?
>Hey, come back to life and help me fuck with your son

I can't believe Bendis is actually setting up this Maker confrontation, rather than shoving him in without explanation in a couple months.

>Expecting logic and continuity
>In a book written by Bendis
Y'all dun fucked up

The maker is the backbone of this entire marvel run

It's not like 10 guys are going to do better than just one against Doom.

My theory is that Cynthia is gonna turn out to be Morgana LeFay fucking with Doom. Bendis is obsessed with that one Iron Man/Doom Camelot story, it's the only old comic he'll ever repeatedly reference.

still assuring knowing that you dont die alone

Holy shit.

Source for this? first time seeing it

New Avengers.

Holy fuck this is going to break Doom