Champions Dead?

Spider-Man #12 47,517
Champions #4 34,969
Ms Marvel #14 24,006
Totally Awesome Hulk #15 23,623
Nova #2 23,098

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmicbooknews.com/content/marvel-comics-cancels-11-titles-least
reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/520v4x/officially_canceledending_comics_anad_avengers/
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Loveness needs to go on his talk show and promote Nova

>Miles sells two times more units than Nova.

>Champions #4 34,969

Not with those numbers. Who the hell is reading this? I mean the Teen Titans book isn't good by any stretch, but given the choice between the two.

I want Miles to fuck off eternally.

Do Spider-Man spinoff books usually sell that well?

Always. Especially when his book is literally titled "Spider-Man"

I am unfortunately part of those numbers, when The Vision was cancelled midtown comics transferred my remaining issues into a Champions subscription. I wager those numbers will drop like a rock.

That's still a very long way from cancellation numbers, especially for a book that's banking more on trade sales than floppies.

If the trade sells poorly they'll probably drop it like a rock though.

Not really but Sup Forums will tell you otherwise

>Nova #2 23,098

Ugh we finally get Rich and a fun cosmic side back and the sales go to shit.

Hurts guys.

You must be a newfag. Putting Spider-Man in your title basically insures your success.

tell that to all the cancelled Spider-Man books and shit like 2099

Isn't it sad how the writers and fans talk about these comics like they're changing pop-culture as we know it but in reality they can't even break 50k?

You clearly haven't seen Spider-Man sales as of recently and I mean before clone conspiracy.

Spider-man and assorted spin office was like in the 20s. Spider-Man isn't Batman

>Putting Spider-Man in your title basically insures your success.

How long until we get Spider-Man/Captain Marvel.

and the book is shit, I have no problem with Miles, byut the book has been so bad, it does nothing, nothing happens in the fucking book, Nova has been great, I've really enjoyed these 3 chapters.

Still Spider-Man name sells, it's selling because of the name, not because of Bendis.

Web Warriors doesn't say Spider-Man, Spidey 2099 is pretty good, but you probably don't read it so that is all you have to say about it, and its getting cancelled on a 20+ issues run, that isn't bad.

> to all the cancelled Spider-Man books

Non of which had "Spider-Man" in the title.

> and shit like 2099

2099 has become synonyms with "Blade Runner Spider-Man" People don't buy it because it's too intimidating. Miles book on the other hand is just titled "Spider-Man". Which is the only reason it sells.

The fuck are you talking about? Spider-Man always gets high sales.

Synonymous*

why are you being obtuse. It being called Spider-Man would helped the #1 and not much after that

Oh God, maybe THAT'S what Marvel's upcoming "Generations" thing is all about. It's not about returning older heroes to their original titles, it's about shoving in everybody's face how much better the new generation is than the old.

And it'll probably be helmed by somebody who can't write teenagers for shit.

Yeah, sure it does. I bet people buy ASM because of Slott too.

Waid has already been confirmed to be the writer.

Well, fuck.

>when The Vision was cancelled midtown comics transferred my remaining issues into a Champions subscription
uh, were you consulted about that or do they have carte blanche to do this

>Spider-Man always gets high sales
Someone post the sales after OMD, the figures that Quesada promised a retcon if they dropped that low (which started off Marvel's trend of overshipping to inflate numbers)

>Waid has already been confirmed to be the writer
I look at Kingdom Come, then I look at Archie and think it's time to take Mark out behind the shed and Old Yeller him.

I'm not that user, but one quick Google search found that it was Marvel that made the switch.

cosmicbooknews.com/content/marvel-comics-cancels-11-titles-least
reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/520v4x/officially_canceledending_comics_anad_avengers/

Is it more or less sad that they're at least 5 years behind in terms of pop culture too?

Show some respect for one of the best writers the industry has ever seen shitlord.

You're funny, funny lookin.

V for Vendetta was politics in comics done right. Champions is not.

>Those numbers

At issue 4 user. All the others, except nova, are in their teens. Champions is on issue four and is only selling 30 thou.

Teen Titans is shit too. Neither of these are all that good. I'm holding up for a Young Justice Rebirth.

Wouldn't matter, Marvel isn't going to follow thru so whats the point?

Different user here. Not surprised, but still vexed.

"Hey, we cancelled/ended this one comic you liked, so we're gonna automatically subscribe you to a comic that may or may not be similar to the one you used to read, simply because it might have the same or similar characters in it."

Also, note the three (3!) comics that got turned into Champions subs.

>mosque
>homeless encampment
>gay club
>Jewish temple
>black church
>whatever got set on fire too

For a caricature of a deep South town, they sure have a lot of progressive elements.

This is what I mean. The writing is so shit, it's really just embarassing.

Oh, don't worry. I'm in the Champions threads when they drop. Gwenpool alone made it the worst issue of the month.

>Champions Dead?

One can only hope...

But Mark Waid isn't an idiot, this might be the worst part actually, it's just his head is just so far up his own ass he can't even tell when he's writing retarded shit.

Super Sons is good.

the writing game probably just passed him by. Happens to every writer at one point.

When it has "Spider-Man" in the title, yes.

The one with the grr bullies are bad and Bruce is a shitty dad? I was unimpressed. I'm hoping Superlex picks things up.

I'm at the point where I think he lost his mind. in between scripts he sits on a park bench and yells at people.

It was set in fucking California, which was what was so funny. Waid couldn't even bring himself to write a southern setting. Wasn't he on twitter saying that Superman needed a new origin because country people aren't woke enough?

Personally, I feel like he's been trying to write and rewrite the same Superman story over and over ever since he left DC. When he's not doing that, he's just phoning in a script. With "Champions", he's just using it as a soapbox for his own views.

I mean, the first issue had the group dealing with human trafficking. The first issue! Garth Ennis waited two years before making his slavery story in "Punisher MAX"!

Can we take Archie and do that too? They're a godawful publisher. Worse than Marvel

I can see this being the case. He sees some guy walking past him with a Make America Great Again cap, proceeds to yell at him for a while, then goes inside to write another hamfisted dialogue between kidclops and Kamala about Trumpland America.

Which is tragic because Miles' book isn't even half as good as Nova.

>Punisher MAX
The disparity in quality between the way slavery is handled by both writers if fucking night and day.

I almost want to see a comparison between the two.

>Marvel 2006
>panels from Punisher MAX

>Marvel 2016
>panels from "Champions" #1

It's already hilarious.

Spider Man sales have been falling for years dude.

>Nova's numbers that low
We asked you guys to buy it. now theyre going to cancel it.

I might do that. I've already got the MAX scans. Might post it later if I get to it.

Why is TT so bad? It has to be one of the worst Rebirth books.

Not even a make america great again. Just some poor motherfucker with a Skynard shirt or a cross. Shit, he probably gets triggered by spray tans at this point.

Its trying to be Teen Titans when Titans is doing that better. Rather than sucking NTT's cock for the millionth time they should have done a YJ rebirth with Kon gathering Tim, Cassie, and black Wally who we discover is really Bart.

still 10K above cancellation line.
So at least 2-3 issues left.

Hey I grew up in a deep south town with all those elements (And a nudist colony and a buddist temple) and none of that shit ever happened.

There was some push back against the mosque making a bigger mosque but they still got it in the end.

You want to find some shitty people go to the midwest where they don't have brown people and are openly racist if they see one. Fucking North Dakota.

Honestly this line of logic made no sense to me.

>buy a Marvel book written by the same fucks who ruined it in the first place.

No thanks.

I wonder how the author reacted to that school burning not that long ago.

Eh, live in the deep south and we're racist by modern standards. We just aren't burning shit down or trying to beat people. Difference is some faggot in tights starts hassling people, that bitch gets shot.

>Nova's sales
nooooo

Not the same writers tho, man

>Also, note the three (3!) comics that got turned into Champions subs.
>Guardians of Infinity turned into bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy
Errybody's getting gypped

>But Mark Waid isn't an idiot
>he can't even tell when he's writing retarded shit.
sounds like an idiot to me

Nova's sales shouldn't come as a surprise. #1 had a 100% overship and only did 50k
It just serves to the point that Marvel needs to have a rebirth of their own.

They should've done that sooner.

Starbrand and Nightmask > Champions?
that doesn't make any sense

Well yeah, it's got the name "Spiderman" attached to it, which is an automatic seller. They could literally turn Nova into Spiderman and it would sell more.

Spider-Man 2099 has Spider-Man attached to it and yet his book it's not an automatic seller.

>that doesn't make any sense

Both titles focus on teens would be the reason I'd guess.

where do you get all this numbers?

The art is THAT bad.

Diamond releases them on the third Monday of the month. Comichron compiles them: comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

>The fuck are you talking about? Spider-Man always gets high sales.

Spider-Man sales were high back when Superior was happening all the way to the ANAD relaunch. But they've been decreasing over time. And before Superior, even stuff like Spider-Island was only getting 50,000+ in sales.

Well actually sometimes it's the second Monday but yeah.

Holy shit, thank you user!
Now I can avoid my work this afternoon with this info.

The art on 2099 isn't even bad. Spider-Gwen has worse art in my opinion and yet it is still doing better than Spider-Man 2099.

>so we're gonna automatically subscribe
It's easier and probably cheaper for them to do that than to refund only a part of a subscription.

>Nova that low
Fucking fuck promote that book Marvel!!!!

Loveness and Perez didn't ruin Nova, they're making it fun again.

Also the Nova editor is not the Cosmic Marvel editor or Wacket so the people working on it have nothing to do with the people who messed the character or the title.

>All the others, except nova, are in their teens.
Are you talking about the most recent Diamond numbers? Because OP's numbers are all from last month, which is the most recent report.

I think he means issue numbers

Okay, that makes more sense now.

Still bummed about Nova tanking so hard on just the second issue.

Well no one gave nuch of a shit about Nova until Nova #2 came out and people started posting the Rich and Champions panels.

My LCS didn't order much for Nova #1 and #2 but the owner said he finished selling his remaining issues until a month or so after the comic came out because people came asking for it. He also sold most of his Nova #3

Also I'm finding out that there are a lot of comic fans who remain unaware that this comic is even out because I always see someone expressing surprise that Rich is back or people asking in messageboards for sauce or what they have to read to get this comic.

Marvel really didn't promote this, so it just came out of nowhere for a lot of people.

Even with promotion, everyone was skeptical about CURRENT YEAR Marvel actually publishing a book we wanted with a character we wanted, so...

>ITT:Triggeredfags complain about "diversity" and "not muh DC"

>Nova #2 23,098
Ah, fuck. I want to blame Sam for botching Dick's return but deep down in my heart I know he doesn't draw dimes.

>ms. marvel & nova are more likely to get cancelled than miles
> both characters will probably be shelved to either be cannon fodder for some dumb hero vs hero event or picked up by a writer who knows nothing about the characters
> this all civil war 2's fault

THANKS BENDIS

Kamala has enough presence to survive in team books and the like. Sam in the other hand is the prime candidate to be killed off in an event for shock value since he's the weak link of the treenity.

>Nova's sales
I bet Breevort is masturbating to this.

>tfw Nova is selling like shit
It's not fair

He won't be able to fully climax until he can say without a doubt that it's Rich's fault
Right now, Sam is a more likely scapegoat

fuck, baby Nova is comically manlet

There's a reason Amadeus Chad stole Viv.

Whatever. This is Viv is not the Viv we liked.

It's so odd how Waid is writing one of his best Avengers books right now and also one of his worst.

His regular Avengers comic is pretty fantastic, though Del Mundo certainly helps pull it all together. It's just a super hero story which is actually refreshing coming from today's Marvel. Champions on the other hand is just awful. Probably because Waid is in his 50s and doesn't understand who he's trying to appeal to or how to appeal to them.

Marvel should just drop Sam already, he's shit and sales poison.

I think Waid being so behind on the times is part of what makes Champions so funny to watch.
What do you bet that Waid will weigh in on the Pewdiepie situation 2 months from now?