Spider-man/Deadpool #14

Finally! A Spider-man book with quality.

Itsy-Bitsy part four!

Folks have been wondering for a couple issue's what the deal with Patient Zero was.

Surely it isn't important...

So is this the Korean experiment Nightcrawler?

Pretty Wade is jarring

Guess who?

Thanks for reading.

Support your local comic shop!

Calling it now.

Itsy Bitsy is May-day.

>forgetting about pete's time spider-senseless and learning kung-fu with Shang Chi

:(

>to be continued in may

What the fuck

May. May Parker. May-day parker.

DON'T YOU FUCKING SEE HOW HARD THEY ARE TELEGRAPHING THAT ITSY BITSY IS PETER AND MJ's VANISHED KID!

>Mephisto is Weasel's partner in Hell
>trying to orchestrate Spider-Man's fall from grace

This is actually fucking great, why isn't Kelly taking over from Slott, like, right now?

really?

To be honest, I can't remember other writer aside Slott who actually remember Peter did kung fu training.

Years ago, when they were still married, MJ was in Labor, and Norman came back from the dead. He fucked up Ben Reily Spider-man and forced Peter to come back. Ben died in his arms and clone dusted after telling Peter he was the real spider-man.

Peter gets to MJ, finds out the baby was abducted while she was under.

They travel to Europe on the trail but instead find Aunt May? But she died last year?!

Life goes on as normal, never knowing what happened to their kid.

Fast Forward to Civil War.

Aunt May's life hanging by a thread thanks to a sniper's bullet. Mephisto makes his deal and restores May.

Except, Aunt May wasn't Aunt May. She was after Mephisto brought her back from the dead...but before, that Aunt May was a force aged baby May Parker with implanted memories! Or at least, I think so.

One More Day was solely so Mephisto could get the soul of a Spider-Totem. May's totem. Alive and then unmade in his clutches!!!

At least, that's my crackpot theory

>Petter Person

>Wade mentions neck snap
>Peter instantly berserks over Gwen

kek

Well, fuck.

>we have to wait three months for the continuation

God damn it. At least I know it'll be worth the wait. Thanks, OP.

Im pretty sure it's Apocalypse-Wins-AU Kurt, who they brought back to the main universe along with the life seed when they tried to cure Archangel from turning into the next Apocalypse.

He's a lot meaner than the real Kurt (who is currently dead) and gets annoyed at people mistaking him for his dead alter ego. He survived for years in a hell is landscape ruled by Apocalypse, and his favored method of dealing with enemies is teleporting away with their severed heads

What? No, this is regular Kurt.

Didn't Kurt come back in Amazing X-Men?

>comics

Anyway, yeah, this is pretty good. Actually engaging.

WHERES MY WAIFU?

Can you belive it? A Spider-Man books that talks about souls and afterlife! That's crazy!

See Slott? It wouldnt have been so hard to explain the return of Ben and everyone, but nooo

Thanks OP, this book is great

I hate when anons made good enough points to make me belive a crazy ass theory is possible

Bump because this deserves to be read more than Slott's shit.

Nice too see spiderman in his old costume.

Nightclawer must be switching back and forth costumes.

So the OMD is just about to be undone??? or at least the memories restarted???
>Itsy Bitsy is May-day.
But it's obvious that is Annie May, after she was never born in this universe, she is the little girl from the OMD.

This book examining characters doing soul searching is better than most other books doing anything else

Is this book even in 616? With how much shit is changing and the fact no other Spider or Deadpool books mention it make me think everything will just get reset at the end or turn out to be a different universe.

The vanished kid isn't Mayday, and never was. Mayday was the kid that died/was stolen by Norman during the clone Saga.

oh my god, Wa\de is DEFORMED!
what the heck??

Kelly ur fucking great, honestly I like this much better than duggan and poshen

I really like Duggan's Deadpool, but this is definitely one of my favorite Marvel books right now.

HE IS SO HANDSOME

>Nightcrawler is alive
Whoa whoa whoa, since when is he alive?

Annie May is May-day. May "Mayday" Parker was her name in the MC2 universe. They altered her name for renew your vows or something.

Okay, fine, let me restate. ITSY BITSY IS PETER AND MJ'S DISSAPEARED KID!

Since like three years ago.

X-Men come back more than Jesus.

Fucking A

Really I didnt know he was dead let alone orchestrating this entire thing

I really want Kelly to write Spidey and get rid of Slott

I think he died off panel. He references getting killed by some alien bounty hunter guy from Way's Deadpool run when all of Deadpool's old friends tried to kill him or something. It's been awhile.

Remeber in secret war when Spiderman kicked Nightcrawler ass, together with all the other X-men collective asses, and all with the utmost ease?

I remember.

KELLY YOU MADMAN

YOU'RE ACTUALLY DOING IT

Thanks OP

To be fair, Spidey's off his game right now. He's got a ton on his mind and doesn't really have his heart in this fight.

>To be continued in May

So what are the chances that this actually leads anywhere?

I realize that it's selling pretty well, but I doubt Marvel would undo One More day, especially without making a huge announcement. And definitely not in a side title instead of ASM

>What might possibly be Mephisto under Peter
Marvel doesn't deserve this book

>slightly used pineapple
hehehehehe

I'm chalking this one up to the entire story taking place between when the first Mercs for Money abandoned Deadpool and when the second Mercs for Money got put together

It's 100% confirmed Mephisto. He came and taunted Peter after Deadpool brought him back from the dead (Twice)

He mocked him for not even being able to remember why he feels empty inside, like something is missing.

Also: holy shit being Wade is suffering. Every good thing that's ever happened to him has immediately been followed by him getting shat on by life.

>>Finally an X-man, get to work with Wolverine and X-Force.
>>Fantomex compromises your morals and executed a fucking child in front of you.

>>Finally recognized by captain America, do pro bono work for the Avengers, eventually get placed on a team of your own
>>Spiderman hates your guys and quits the team refusing to work with you. Cosmic cube makes cap Hydra and he fires you and calls you a failure.

>>Finally get to work with Spiderman your idol, since the Venom symbiote made you feel strongly about him after you wore it
>>You kill his alter ego twice after he was framed, now he takes after you too much and is being influenced by Mephisto to become a killer like you

Cont'd
>>Finally get to work with Spiderman your idol, since the Venom symbiote made you feel strongly about him after you wore it
>>You kill his alter ego twice after he was framed, now he takes after you too much and is being influenced by Mephisto to become a killer like you

>>Finally have a relationship and marriage with a woman who isn't repulsed by your appearance or actions
>>When you start to do good deeds and become handsome again she's totally turned off by your change

>>Find out you have a daughter who is healthy and alive
>>Her mother is captured and murdered in a North Korean death camp, where conscripts are forced to have your cancer-ridden mutations as they are forcibly given powers and are now dying. Have to undergo near continuous transplant surgery to keep them alive

>>Finally lose Madcap and the boxes from your head
>>He tries to destroy your life and endangers your daughter and only friends, have to call in a favor from Stryfe to save them

>>Get your own mercenary team doing good around the world
>>Bankrolling the Avengers leaves you with almost nothing left to pay any other expenses, they all quit and form their own team

>>Evan turns out alright and comes to your aid, you ensure he has a place at the X-Mansion
>>Apocalypse bullshit happens and Genesis is hated and feared, has to live in a safe house you give him

>>Your daughter is a mutant who regenerates her entire body to youth at her point of death
>>Immediately after learning she has the X-gene, the Inhumans poison the whole world to mutant kind.

>>Negasonic removes the second cloud with reality warping
>>The war continues anyways and Ellie dies, world is plunged into a Limbo demon infested hell

>>Preston helps put your mind back into order
>>Weapon X fucked with your memory so bad they brainwashed you into murdering your own parents and burning the place down with them inside, Sabertooth remembers this but is too ashamed to tell you.

>>You're miserable for a hundred years until 2099, where you keep your wife in a pym shrunk coffin next to your heart after she tried to destroy the world. Your second daughter despises you and ellie doesn't want contact.

What's Outlaw up to these days? She's one of like four people on the planet to genuinely like Wade, he could really use a hug right about now

to 'undo' OMD would be to kill off Aunt May, restore Peter's marriage to MJ, and restore their pe-aborted baby, and have everyone in the world remember Spider-Man is Peter Parker,

I think this is just going to have Peter remember what life was like before mephisto-verse and what he gave up to save an ancient woman he's not even as close to anymore

And sadly this is mostly only from this continuity.

You forgot the part where he went on a metaphysical trip after events of remender's run and realized he'll never be happy.

Especially all stuff with zenpool and realizing all of the kids in his life, he can never really do anything for them which is why he sent evan to school, elle to live with preston, i'm sure he'll send his other daughter to get fixed by preston.

Never getting to be happy, in continuous pain, and even fixing his appearance hasn't made him happy either. Tragedy follows him around like a long note in a song cast so long ago he can't even remember what it's called.

The everyman that can never be his own man.
Don't forget the wife already cheated on him too. And tries to kill his kid, and hide his other kid and wage war on the entire world, so that will probably make a ton of people hate him too since he woke her up.

He can never truly win.

this is so much better than Spiderman is Steve Jobs Zuckerberg in China.

I just want Wade to be happy for once in his lonely, miserable life.

The issue where Ellie got to talk to "Uncle" Spidey about how excited she was about what he and her dad were doing, and how much they both admire him, melted my fucking heart.

Dadpool needs to find a nice lady who can reign him in if he starts going too far off the deep end, who also doesn't mind the fact he's got (two) kids. Unfortunately the only women really in his life recently have been Preston (Married, wouldn't touch Wade in a million years anyways), Shiklah (we know how this story ends. Unfortunate, I wish they'd been written as a legitimately happy married couple who work through their dysfunctions, but apparently post-OMD Marvel fucking hates stable marriages. They broke up Jessica and Cage. Broke up Black Bolt and Medusa. Broke up Peter and MJ, and then Outlaw but she was only a brief appearance in the main run and then she was in that spy themed spinoff where Wade was an MK Ultra style army experiment. I don't think Domino is the type to settle down.

Oh, and Death, but there's only a couple writers who actually read comics and reference the fact it's not just his healing factor anymore but he's literally been cursed by Thanos with the cosmic inability to remain dead because he got cucked by wade.

Thanos curse got undone in Thanos & Deadpool

but it also had Deadpool defy Death when she tried to usurp Eternity so that's a bit of a sore spot between them

>Oh, and Death, but there's only a couple writers who actually read comics and reference the fact it's not just his healing factor anymore but he's literally been cursed by Thanos with the cosmic inability to remain dead because he got cucked by wade.
Wasn't that undone in the Deadpool vs Thanos mini series?

I do wonder why Death didn't come to get him when his head was cut off
I guess he will find happiness with Death once he dies in one of her daughter's hand

There was obviously still feelings there between them when they saw one another in Spiderman/Deadpool. She's also the reason he's handsome and cancer free at the moment

I loved that as well. with his daughter being the thing that thaw's pete's idea of wade and not anything he does specifically outside of that.

I think DP taking in Evan after Inversion stuff worked more for me in that dad kind of way. He does it because he wants to and not because he has to gives him a place to live, go to school, all of that and picks the kids over his shitty marriage and yeah I wanted him to have a good marriage to but lets be honest, we knew what she was from gauntlet and it was as much a political thing as anything else.

She doesn't deserve a happy marriage, honestly.

Also Jessica/Cage thing is ultimately messed up because all of it was Purple man influencing it and the kid. that entire situation is just gross so.

I think you would be wrong about Domino, I think she would be a decent partner in that his kid that he has is a mutant and she will do anything to help mutants. Not to mention he wouldn't need to explain his lifestyle to her, and they've been on so many teams together it isn't really an issue. A kid with his healing factor and her luck abilities would be nigh unkillable, that is scary to even think about.

So yeah I do think he deserves one or two good things in his crapturntable of a life. I figured it would be a mutant, someone like Siryn. Domino works too, and would probably be better for keeping his inane bs in check. Unfortunately if it did happen, they would probably kill her off after they had a kid to increase the tragedy factor and play into her mutant savior angle. She reminds me a lot of Sarah Connor, dragging mutants behind her because they can't save themselves.

Fuck dude, this was awesome. Also, those baby Nightcrawlers are cute. And who knew Spidey looked so cool with katanas?

bump

He teleported out of Heaven. I'm not making that shit up.

>Susan Mary.
Named after Sue Storm and MJ or just a Mary Sue joke?

He's a married man right now after all. Death is not a slut like that even if she comes for everyone.

Mary Sue joke.

Fucking Christ, that sounds insane enough in the comic world for it to be possible.

isn't absorbing man and titania still together

I think they were having marital issues the last time I saw them. I don't remember the conclusion for whatever reason (cancelled series that didn't get storytimed?) but Marvel was even trying to break them up.

>Eternity is ticklish

Cute

It is weird they managed to go double-digits, unlike some titles lately, but half those issues are other stories or fill-ins instead of the main story. I mean it's made me keep reading, but I feel like it could have been better if they kept going with this team-up more normally.

I've been enjoying the whole run aside from the penn and teller guest comic, especially as of late with Deadpool trying to keep spidey from becoming the one thing he never wants him to become.

>So what are the chances that this actually leads anywhere?
The odds of it going somewhere are getting bigger and bigger.

>I just want Wade to be happy for once in his lonely, miserable life.
I think he was finally happy right before he actually fucking died in the Secret Wars incursion

Bump.

Anywhere I can read the first 13 issues?

Textless?

>and have everyone in the world remember Spider-Man is Peter Parker,
That had nothing to do with One More Day. It was a separate event that happened during the timeskip.

Didn't her clothes go boom with the explosion? Spider man should be remembering her naked!

Well, Karnak come back out of the hell's door

I like that Slott remembers that.

BUT in this context don't forget that the Kung-Fu he learned was based on his having a Spider-sense, and Wade mentions WITHOUT Spider-sense. Sure Peter should still improve with Kung-fu training, but its like being trained in fighting with two swords and then switching to a one sword style or even a 2handed one sword style. You'll still know a lot of the basics and be able to keep track but you're not nearly at your best.

It gets bet when you consider that Peter lost The Other because Mephisto kicked it out of his soul in order to have free reign to manipulate him.