Toonami Ratings for 2/18/17

The NEW 10 episode season of Samurai Jack begins March 11th at 11:00pm. Apparently our bitching worked because it's no longer going to get fucked by having the Super rerun in front of it.
Trailer youtu.be/VSrv_n4tw7w

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

Little of note last week, this week things go back into the shitter with some fresh timeslot lows we haven't seen in years. Yet again GitS shits the bed, just like I said it would

11:30 Dragon Ball Super 1140 0.56 716
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 1003 0.49 634
12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 769 0.37 480
1:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 618 0.31 401

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 625 0.33 424
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 621 0.31 402
2:30a One Piece 525 0.27 342
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 453 0.23 291

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_watched_television_broadcasts_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/EW/status/834555669088976896
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.57 938 0.35 444
8:30 Samurai Jack (r) 0.40 634 0.24 308
9:00 American Dad (r) 0.45 702 0.30 390
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.50 767 0.38 488

10:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.56 842 0.43 554
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.71 1063 0.48 616
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1427 0.64 825

Comedy reruns rekt the last hour of Toonami

3:30a American Dad (r) 582 0.28 364
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 579 0.29 376
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 522 0.26 334

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 585 0.29 371
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 582 0.28 363

Jojo's Bizarre Memeventure keeps on sinking the block

Best

People like you are why everyone lost all respect for Kill La Kill in /tg/.

What the fuck is wrong with JoJo? I like it, and the dub is actually better than I expected, I don't see why it's fucking tanking, unless it's as simple as casuals going "WHERE ARE THE STANDS AND JOTARO" en masse.

don't forget me ;)

Sword Art Online 2 when?

Because they put to reruns and old crap there

We discussed last thread it may be due to a lack of girls in the series.

The no Stands thing probably isn't helping the situation, though.

That's generally the reason.

Most of the people who were excited for Jojo probably didn't think Part 1 or 2 existed.

It's literally that

So, Anchor Bay just released a BD set for Stand Alone Complex season 1.
>the English audio track has the Japanese audio playing on the surround channel, and some lines are 100% in Japanese for some reason
>the Japanese track only has fucking dubtitles
>the framerate is set at 24fps instead of the show's intended 30fps, so all the CG is choppy as fuck
>they're refusing to do a replacement disc program and are blocking anyone who asks about it on Twitter
How does one company fuck up a release so badly?

>all those people who said GitS would do great because it hadn't aired in a few years
>muh movie hype
>does worse and worse every week

I kek harder and harder each week

Self-correction, they just released both seasons on BD. But all the aforementioned problems are present on both releases, which is even worse.

I suppose DBZ and DBS get around that from the nostalgia factor, although Super up until this point has shown a decent amount of girls.

You'd think that Lisa Lisa aka contender for all-time best girl would perhaps move the needle, but I guess people have shit taste. Maybe the NIIIIICE scene will grab some attention (the delivery on that line in the dub is PERFECT too).

Damn, these numbers are awful. Looks like Demarco has fucked the block over with DBZ in the sense that they'll ONLY watch DBZ/Super and tune out.

Anything else air Saturday that could account for lower numbers?

>that drop after DBZ
>those people coming back to watch HxH after gundam
>gits' falling ratings
man...

the entire part 1 & 2 dub has been available for more than a year

if anyone is interested they can literally watch it all online right now

DBZ will be an exception to every problem other shows have because of nostalgia. DBZ may very well have identical problems to another show that go completely ignored because it's DBZ.

It seems like kind of a silly reasoning for poor ratings, but I can kind of see it with what a sausagefest the lineup is. Good waifus can make a shit show bearable. So things like HxH and Jojo aren't getting that benefit

>came back for HxH AND Naruto filler

Wow lets air a boring as shit Gundam series without airing any of the accompanying material haha yea great

That goes for literally every show on the block since revival except a handful here and there. None of them had the issue Jojo has had since it started. The show is the problem, not its dub availability

>it's the lets try to place blame anywhere but the lineup episode

Guess what bub, nothing else that airs at this time is competing with the block. Morons who willingly watch dubbed long running shonen one episode per week are not the audience for things like Sportsball and SNL

What was the last show at 12:30 that wasn't a dub premiere? I honestly don't remember.

Was IBO a dub premiere? I don't remember

Yeah.

>Ghost in the Shell doing worse than fucking ONE PIECE.
LOL, fucking nuke it!

Then I'd have to say KLK then, the dub was a tiny bit ahead of Toonami

>tfw autistic garbage will continue to dominate toonami until the block either dies or becomes Naruto reruns again

I miss 2012

Huh, I honestly thought that it was a dub premiere too but I guess I just subconsciously blocked out the aniplex release because of the price.

Nah, nigga, it will become Dragon Ball reruns this time.

I mean it pretty much was one with how close it was, but it wasn't. You couldn't watch the whole thing dubbed when episode one started for example

You mean DBZ reruns

>people think Jack alone is going to fix all of this
>pinning the hopes of the entire lineup on a ten episode series

I'm pretty hype for the first Jack episode just so I can see people far and wide panic that the ratings didn't magically spike like everyone seems to think they will

>every popular series gets leaked
>we all watch them at least in a week in advance
>inb4 someone misses the word at least and mentions another timeframe
>jack gets low ratings
>FLCL2 cancelled

Another week another lousy thread

>FLCL2 Cancelled

I miss Ryuko.

why? you KLK faggots spam her to death every fucking thread

Yet you keep coming back every week knowing what will happen.

Stop acting like you hate this place. We are your only friends, we know it, you know it, stop being so Asuka about it.

does anyone know when SJS5 airs in Canada

Hopelet on Toonami when

Oh yea speaking of FLCL Demarco did comment on it a few days ago saying its in progress but he isn't putting a timeframe on it. So that confirms 2018

Super is literally killing Toonami

It doesn't, you will have to stream it after its uploaded somewhere

I was actually tapped to do one of those Nielsen Ratings surveys this week. I marked down JJBA and Gundam: Unicorn.

don't say i never did nothin' for ya, Toonami.

You do realize the first few Jack episodes already leaked, right?

fuck Home Movies

Danganronpa on Toonami when? That would be a fun ride

but we have adult swim

When was having fun with friends considered autistic?

>lousy thread hurr
>I know I'll contribute another worthless shitpost

Neck urself

Why does Demarco keep dragging his feet and refuse to get Tokyo Ghoul

it honestly could save Toonami

Then why do fucking leafs bitch they don't have Toonami every week?

adult swim isn't toonami user

Toonami is adult swim though

It's their own fault for plugging the block up with long series that everyone who cares has already seen.

That's a meme title that's well past its expiration date lad. If it booted a long runner off though go for it

>dragging his feet

No he isn't, he just jammed the block full of long shit so he never has to get new shit

sure dude

Tokyo Ghoul is fucking awful though.

you keep saying that but you never provide a link so shut the fuck up please?

the dub has been ready for years already, it sure as shit finished before IBO

Demarco is still having a pissing contest with Funimation isn't he?

I heard the same thing with JoJo.

except TG has the benefit of being relatively short and will end in our lifetime

so even if it did fail it could be replaced relatively soon to try again

Gundam is a bigger meme, it's not surprising it got priority

This. I know damn well it's awful but I'm desperate for short show slots

>it's real

Short or not, it'd still be half a year of garbage. That's not an improvement.

wut

Yea half a decade of garbage is much better

>LONG AGO, IN A DISTANT LAND, I, DEMARCO, THE SHAPE-SHFTING MASTER OF TOONAMI, UNLEASHED UNSPEAKABLY BAD RATINGS!
>BUT A FOOLISH SAMURAI SHOW WIELDING GREAT RATINGS STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME.
>BEFORE IT MAKE RECORD-BREAKING RATINGS, I TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME AND FLUNG THE SHOW INTO THE FUTURE, WHERE MY SHIT TASTE IS LAW!
>NOW, THE FOOL SEEKS TO GET GOOD RATINGS, AND UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS GETTING CANCELLED

Garbage is garbage. Why hope to get garbage when you could hope to get something decent?

It makes sense on paper, hyping the normies with the anime before the movie hits the theaters.
Oh well, I'm enjoying it and it's really comfy watching it at night on television.

> listening to Spotter at 3 AM

supreme comfy

Because that kind of hope died long ago

Except it doesn't at all. It's way too far down for any normies to even get close to. That means the only people watching are the hardcore Toonami fans, who have already told Demarco via ratings the last time GitS aired that they aren't interested

Maybe Suzie Q will bring in some more attention.

Who ready for Jack to pull in M*A*S*H ratings?

what ratings?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_watched_television_broadcasts_in_the_United_States

The M*A*S*H finale back in 1983 was watched by 106 million people. The only programs that have ever gotten more views are the Super Bowls.

>The only programs that have ever gotten more views are the Super Bowls.
Is that just for America or worldwide? I recall reading about a pro fight in Japan (Bob Sapp vs Akebono I think?) that an absolutely massive number of people saw, like close to half of Japan's population.

Her dub voice is Stroheim-levels of hilarious caricature, but it's also very cute.

I think just the US for the SB's, but I'm pretty sure the FIFA World Cups get massive ratings too. The Germany vs Argentina finale in 2014 got like 200 million viewers IIRC.

It's always the same guy always at the beginning of the thread.
It's kinda impressive.

I'd be shocked if it even beat the AgK record

What was AgK's highest rating? Was it higher than OPM's, which was like 1.4 million IIRC?

AgK premiere was 1.85mil. Following week was 1.7.

Kai holds the all time high at 2mil but not a premiere

>1.85 million

I'm thinking Jack won't make those kind of numbers. Not enough hype or promotion, I don't think.

The trailer on Youtube has over 4 million views though, so at least there's interest.

> August 8, 2015: Akame Ga Kill: 1.822

what the actual fuck

this is the kind of stuff that makes me not care about ratings, when the factors that account for ratings highs and lows seems completely random.

>not enough promotion
It has a fuckton of promotion, even outside of AS.

Guess I shot a tad high. Anyway, that night was not only the AgK premiere, but was also the release of Resurrection F in theaters. Some speculate that may have been a bit of a stars aligning night that can't be replicated

I've only seen the one trailer and nothing else as far as promotion goes. Are there other trailers I've missed? Do they run ads on normal AS during the weekdays? Do they advertise on any other websites besides Youtube?

This was posted earlier, a clip from the first episode.

twitter.com/EW/status/834555669088976896

There's also an interview with Genndy and the lead sound guy about how the audio for the series is developed.

HxH will have waifus in a couple of weeks.

What are the chances of the new Samurai Jack surpassing the old one in episodes?

Doesn't it only have 10 episodes?