Is this accurate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=abZmFCs-ltY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A
F U C K I N G
W H I T E
M A L E

But if they guy in the picture is actually a transwoman, who is the most interesting now for a tumblrina?

toy sales

Twitter was a mistake

Well I agree with her text, but the accompanying picture classes with it completely

How are the others interesting looking? They just look weird.
Not even weird in that they'd be doing weird stuff, weird in that they look like awkward retards who stand around drooling.
Especially the far right one.

None of them look interesting though, that's a shitty art style and boring character design all around.

Anyways, don't let the looks of the minor characters fool you. If their race-pandering looks are more interesting to you, it's better that they don't have any lines so you can keep that fantasy. Because if the main character is truly uninteresting, that means you have a shitty writer on your hands who's going to write your minor characters even shittier.

Or you know, maybe the character isn't actually uninteresting at all and you just hate white people because the internet says it's okay to use them as a bullying target.

Lol, sounds like they're calling out We Bare Bears.

Well of course. That's a really common literary device. She is just reiterating the point from all the novels she reads.

The fuck is going on with those girls? I mean look at the calves on the 3 fat girls, something is going horribly wrong with their bodies. Like squidward getting into the Krabby Patty vault.

>look
Yeah, because you only care about how people look, and not how they are as people. You are so shallow that you judge people before you've even spoken to them, or heard what they had to say. The main character could be the most interesting person around, and the other characters could be as deep as a puddle, but you don't care because you only care about how things look.
Fuck you.

If they can't turn a profit for another few years it'll go under and we can all be free of this horrible curse. Capitalist investors control every website and the moment they get bored of losing money will everything die spectacularly.

Same with tumblr

The main character is always the least likeable character in a series. That's not new information.

>3 deformed girls filled to the brim with diabetes
>1 muslim

of course they're more interesting, they're the Suicide Squad

I agree with the message and how the main character tends to be uninteresting because he's your average straight white male in his early 20's, but the designs of the BG characters are horrendous except for maybe the Hijab-wearing lady.

kek

Someone raceswap the two sides and send it to her.

Just imagine the reckoning.

>in his early 20's
Where the fuck do you live where people in their early 20s dress like that? He's clearly a teenager.

I feel like this has some decent meme potential. What other Sup Forums characters could you fit in there?

/blog

Clearly you never lived in a university town.

>shirt
>jeans
>sneakers

Uh, just about every young adult in major cities and university campuses?

I feel like there's a we bare bears joke hidden in OP's pic.

This is inherently wrong on all sides of the issue, but there's one main reason: if you have a white character, you can characterize him however you want. He's allowed to make mistakes, learn lessons and accept when he does something wrong, and just overall have a very specific personality that is risky. Because you're not going to offend anybody that way.

Meanwhile, when you have the GenderFluid™ Black Muslim main character you want so badly, zhe won't be allowed to do ANYTHING wrong and has to have a cookie-cutter personality so as to not risk making zhem look bad. Because to make such a person look bad in your cartoon would mean you are sexist and racist and think those kind of people do bad things.

>girls

YASS QUEEN SLAY

Niggers, 'slimes, fatties, and trannies aren't really very interesting.

>This is inherently wrong on all sides of the issue, but there's one main reason: if you have a white character, you can characterize him however you want. He's allowed to make mistakes, learn lessons and accept when he does something wrong, and just overall have a very specific personality that is risky. Because you're not going to offend anybody that way.
>Meanwhile, when you have the GenderFluid™ Black Muslim main character you want so badly, zhe won't be allowed to do ANYTHING wrong and has to have a cookie-cutter personality so as to not risk making zhem look bad. Because to make such a person look bad in your cartoon would mean you are sexist and racist and think those kind of people do bad things.
This.

You make a non-white character look bad? DAS RACISS

You make a non-white character look good? SJW KEK

Creators cannot win. They will be flamed by retards from either direction.

>the rare turbo beta that isn't even orbiting pretty girls

>You make a non-white character look bad? DAS RACISS
>You make a non-white character look good? SJW KEK
This is basically Steven Universe's current status in a nutshell.

Only if you consider(your subjective taste in) appearance the sum total of what makes a character interesting.

I too find freakishly mutated humans more interesting to look at than regular ones, I admit.

Note the proportions of the characters on the right. One has a head half the size of the main character's head. Another has legs thinner than his arms. Then further still, stump legs with no feet... and on the far right calves bigger than her thighs.

But this is just looks. We have no idea what their personalities are like or even if they're capable of personalities given the very unfortunate genetic malfunctions going on.

Is this better?

>Main character - Looks like a person
>Minor characters - Ugly characters that probably are modeled after the animation team
Stop trying to live your life through characters that aren't even important enough to be the focus of your own work because you're so used to being cucked.

None of those characters are pretty.

Have you ever thought maybe sometimes people have different opinions and that you don't have to watch a cartoon if you don't like it

Being brown and weird shaped does not make a character interesting

A featureless, blank character is definitely more interesting than those things on the right.

What is his story? Is he human? Was he involved in some sort of accident? Is he some kind of superhero? So many questions.

I'm invested now. Holy shit.

Have you ever thought that people are allowed to criticize stupid opinions they don't like? Of course you haven't you're just a fucking dog.

>If you are interesting or not is 100% based on your looks

At least I can lick my own dick.
Fucking humies.

Well now I want to know that blank slate's story. What's his deal? Why does he exist in this world of only frumpy and oddly proportioned minority women?

Pretty much. White males are boring as fuck

The character on the left doesn't look interesting or really stand out but he looks like he could have interesting adventures with a decent cast.The group on the right don't give me that vibe. In fact they seem like they'd be really boring to watch, like they'd just sit around and talk like characters in a sitcom.

thats why janna is best

>mfw I've realized the people who advocate that races are the same are really the ones who divide and remind us of other races

Mundane main character gives the series the steady base to build upon without stealing the spotlight from the more interesting world that is showcased around him.

If you try to make the series ride on the "interesting" main character you will have to make him be interesting for multiple fucking seasons.
It's far more feasible to make the main character something that doesn't grate you after 3 episodes and make the infinitely expandable world around him the interesting part.

Irony ain't it?

Activist groups of the past tried their hardest to destroy segregation, but now their children want to bring it back.

LEFT
>Main character is a guy who warps through dimensions with different cyberpunk/fantastic properties trying to get "home", traversing different cultures, kingdoms and governments across the multiverse while also slowly piecing together who he really is. He doesn't really "win" his battles. In fact, the more he finds out about his past the less enthusiastic he is about it.

RIGHT
>Side characters just show up in the background, only thing remotely interesting about them is that they're all different shades of tan, brag how about they're going to do things but end up actually not doing anything other than being "omg quirky".

Main character's more interesting because he develops as a person and you grow with him. Side characters show up once and don't contribute at all.

is this accurate?
youtube.com/watch?v=abZmFCs-ltY

alternative =/= interesting

SHUT DOWN THE PRESIDENTS TWITTER

Why would any self-respecting gentleman be afraid of a woman? We're generally smaller and weaker.

She got a point about background characters (sometime) is more interesting than main characters

However, the pic she used is just another forceful tumblr agenda.

Thats some wicked ass strawman.
>who the fuck are these people
>is the ice cream free
>if not who paid for it
>everyone is entitled to the same things
>matrix???
>being redpilled = hating women

>people interest me based on look, not personality
well he avatar has a sidecut, so I guess it's not a fake pic at least.
that said muslims are extremely uninteresting people unless you like to hear about how their "brothers" are suffering in the bled and how you should totally convert "back" to Islam, or stop doing something because it's against their Islam.

I want deviant art design back.
At least they attempted to make their girls cute.
Tumblr is just a walking monstrosity.

To an extent, side characters can be a lot more daring in their design or backgrounds.

There are no Night in the Woods threads on Sup Forums so you post it here?

Yeah, and the ONLY time that happens are in shitty movies.

Usually that happens when the background character is doing something FAR more interesting than what the main character's actually doing, and NOT what they look like.

be the change you want to see

I can't draw for shit.

Pretty much this. Finding the supporting characters more interesting than the main one was pretty much a general rule for the anime I watched when I was a kid, but that picture is just saying the other characters are better because they're brown and/or fat.

How did blank slate become blank. His posture implies he's quite proud of the way he looks so it couldn't be a curse.

>Some feminazi was butthurt enough to make it.

I'd read/watch 'Blank Slate'.

The fuck kind of world does this to someone?

>If they can't turn a profit for another few years it'll go under and we can all be free of this horrible curse.

Twitter works kinda like a containment board.
Once it goes tits up, its denizens willl shift the weight of their attention to other sites.

That is probably the inspiration for the original pic.
She thinks she is subtle.

If you're a racist who "watches" cartoons for "diversity" then yes.
And by "watches" I mean of course "reblogs gifs on tumblr"

I wish I wasn't on my phone

a man made this

correction then
>Some nu-male was butthurt enough to make it.

Still a feminazi.
Being a dude just makes him a turbofaggot, too.

neither can most of tumblr, doesn't stop them

Containment boards don't exist. They're just places with unchecked virus incubation. It's the same with generals. For every two cancer posters that are ensnared one escapes. That doesn't even account for the cancer conversion of newer unformed posters either getting caught up in, or God forbid, mirgrating here for, the general itself.
Those posters are doomed to cancer to begin with and when they leak out or burst when the general ends/is banned they go on to expose others and make new generals.
Containment is a meme

I legit can't think of a cartoon that had a black chick with blonde hair as a one off character. Maybe The Boondocks.

JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT THE FEET ON THE BLACK NERD GIRL ON THE RIGHT.

This meme.

Maybe you've considered the fact that most examples you're thinking of are in fact pigeon holled?

Most people praise characters like Virgil, Midnighter and Kamala, which are in fact horribly flawed as people. Almost like bigoted cowards are forced to ignore reality...

Heh

But all that shit on the right side of the image is so trite, boring, overdone and uncreative it makes you want to puke.

>Containment is a meme

Remember when m00t tried to flush out Sup Forums during the whole GamerGate shitstorm?

Out of a single ravaged Sup Forums two Sup Forumss sprang forth, one more virulent than the original one.

>Virgil
The wrestling superstar?

>Most people praise characters like Virgil, Midnighter and Kamala, which are in fact horribly flawed as people
Not that they'd fucking know since they praise the characters based solely on their looks and don't actually read comics. That's why Wonder Woman is a "celebrated feminist icon" despite spending most of her life as a bondage object.

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE.
... is that WebM implying the Matrix ISN'T good?

>Containment is a meme
>what is /vp/
>what is /mlp/
Even if random bits spurt out, they still contain it.
If they didn't, Sup Forums would be 9 pages of Pokemon shit every two years and we'd be full of cartoon horse autism.

>women even need a man to bitch for them properly

Yeah, it's popular to shit on it because redpill=racist now, rather than just silly metaphors that can be adapted to pretty much any ideology.
These people lmao are fools.

I will see myself out right away.

"Male allies" are actually the very worst, grossest and most insane feminists you'll ever meet. Literally whipped subservient drones, most often self-castrated too.

Yeah. I at least recognise the hijab girl. But how the fuck does this 'artist' want the main character t look like then they are bears? I don't know what other show fits this bill honestly.

Made me laugh user.

First of all he's talking about the creators, not the audience dumbass. Most people will find a likable character likable regardless of skin color, but most creators are too afraid to pull that shit off because of the vocal minority of crazy assholes that essentially pussy whip them.
Second off all I haven't even heard of two of those characters, and as for Kamala all her flaws are considered excusable because she's still a liberal minded "good guy". Now imagine a terrible person. An interesting, but terrible person who does all sorts of irredeemable bad shit that's basically joker tier. That fucker is almost certainly going to be white regardless of whether the creator knows the audience will love him because creators are often a bunch of pussies who wanna play safe with the vocal minority. You find this literally everywhere,

>spending most of her life as a bondage object.
Like, I get what you mean, but for a character that's been around for 75 years, the heavy bondage fetishism stuff is hardly "most of her life"

Well I laughed.

Enjoy your ban I guess. I hope it's not too long.

Guy, it's clearly a stab at Steven Universe.