What is it about anime&manga that is so attractive to black people?

What is it about anime&manga that is so attractive to black people?

And how come western cartoons&comics don't have it?

Most black folk got into shounen as kids because 90% is about fightan

Shounen is cool

Actual niggers.

Anime has action whereas action cartoons are dead.
Manga is easy to find free online. People don't know how to get comics online so they just stay casuals.

Same reason why western comics don't have a Weeaboo equivalent. We're an autistic bunch, but we're not that autistic.

Anime is foreign and cool. Cartoons are everyday and uncool.

Anime has a mystique from the 80s and 90s since only a few people understood them enough to put them out there. The market wasn't big. This just kept going well into the age where it became more accessible. It also helped that the popular anime back then was heavy on fights which is cooler than cartoons being only about laughs.

It just carries over to the next generation too.

the anime boom brought a bunch of action shows with it the fact that most shows had new episodes daily rather than weekly helped

Culturally? It's a smidge easier to digest media that's not developed "By da white mayne" because all of the forced racism we're supposed to feel constantly being shoved down our throats.
Secondly, the format is just (in my opinion) more entertaining. Picking up a series and knowing it has a defined beginning, middle and end is just so much simpler than the lunacy involved in comicbook continuity.
Third, anime and manga just do action scenes better. More absurd displays of strength, more wild and eccentric choreography, more badasses being badasses. We've always been drawn to it, even back in the 70's and 80's kung fu movies were HUGE in the black community for many of those same reasons. It's just in our blood to love watching a good fight, take that how you will.

Too bad Fairy Tail turned to shit.

Probably has roots in that 70's obsession with kung fu movies. That happened a lot with black people just because those were types of movies flooding cheap theaters in low income areas. I've also read that part of the appeal there is that the protagonists weren't white but I'm not entirely certain. But maybe there's some similarity their with anime.

>white man
>when that's all anime is except they have japanese names
The real issue is that anime is more expressive and the fight scenes are cooler.

it tends to be lower budget to not have to figure out how to draw racial differences in faces though. and the whole
>japans draw westerners
meme has to die. They use exaggerated facial expressions as part of their story-telling.

>Picking up a series and knowing it has a defined beginning, middle and end is just so much simpler than the lunacy involved in comicbook continuity.

Tons and tons of mangas don't have endings, even big titles like Ranma 1/2 still don't have a proper ending

Being black myself I've never understood why and I still don't understand why. Outside of a few pieces of media I just couldn't take to anime and manga. Even my interest in Japan itself turned out to be nothing more than a passing fantasy. Was/am more partial to western comics and cartoons.

Secondly, the format is just (in my opinion) more entertaining. Picking up a series and knowing it has a defined beginning, middle and end is just so much simpler than the lunacy involved in comicbook continuity.

They do have arcs, though.

I remember whenever Batman did two-parters and thinking that was the coolest shit in the world. Only makes sense an arc in anime would be even more cool.

Because the vast majority of western animation is for kids and we're all autists for liking it so much.

I don't think that's entirely true when looking at the genre as a whole. Some Japanese series may go on for too long and have a poor ending (Bleach), or or keep progressing so slowly that there's no end in sight (Berserk), but an ending is still IMPLIED, and generally WILL be met. Guts wants to kill Griffith, Luffy wants to find the One Piece, Natsu wants to learn why the dragons disappeared. There are clear goals to be met for the resolution of a story that HAVE to happen. The issue of the big two's serialization is that it's much harder to get into for ANYONE. Not just blacks. That's a major reason why as a whole there are more weebs than comicbook fanatics of any nationality.

For the vast majority of anime and manga you can confidently pick up any book and eventually find your resolution. You can read Monster from beginning to end, but Batman will keep going forever.

weebs aged, they're currently late '20s or '30s or so. they're fucking old now. the pathetic failure generation.

current teenagers don't give a fuck about anime and manga.
they're the true millennial generarion, growing up with smartphone.
let's hope they save animation and comic from cancerous jap anime shit.

i don't ever want to see those kids with naruto or moeshit profile pics in youtube or twitter or whatever anymore.

What?
There is the french Euromanga and in the 90's there was heavy manga influence in usa. And now you have still some.

Black people have good taste?

But we still don't have a weeb equivalent.

Wake up weebs.

Who is this Woolie knockoff?

Same reason kung-fu films are so attractive to black folk

It's a genre not dominated by white people