ITT: Comics you really wanted to like

...but couldn't.

The current Nighthwing run.

I've never seen art so completely wasted, Christian Ward is awesome but Fraction one of the top five hacks in the industry today and this is one of his most unreadable works.

Dylan Dog and Hellblazer

Was it the art?

We3

Sandman

what didn't you like about it?

Well, personally it wasn't the usual Fractionisms that got me, I was well prepared to bear that shit if it meant enjoying some Ward art and a new sci-fi universe, but the reimagining of the Odyssey offers nothing new. Wow, so everybody's genderbent and in space? What else? Nothing. It's as plain as it sounds. The worst part is that the opening part has this timeline and map of the universe and it makes you think it's going to be really fucking cool, but it's all wasted potential.

I kill giants

I don't think I can ever outlive the shame

Invincible

I can definitely see that. The edginess just comes off as so silly today. I can't take the main character seriously.

The art style is convincing me to give it a try anyway

Kenneth Rocafort was too good for pic related. Glad Rebirth picked up the pieces

I haven't read all of it, but the last thing I'd use to describe Sandman is "edgy"

it just comes off as a theater kid doing "deep" stuff
I like Lucifer, Books of Magic and Shade the Changing Man a ton though

Claremont X-men

Deathstroke.

Yeah I was never a fan of Gaiman's prose work either. Loved the Coraline movie though

nigga what?

Lucifer is a better straight up "action" story than Sandman, probably because it is a 75 issue arc with maybe a few single issues tossed in there (Gaudium and Sphera)

I really want to like Dresden Codak, because it hits a lot of topics that I really enjoy, and the art style has always been cool, but the author's terrible fucking politics creep into his writing too much, and the writing in general is just sort of bad.

The absolutely glacial update speed doesn't help.