JACK'S BACK!

JACK'S BACK!
youtube.com/watch?v=nMIZD-JSf5k

>that choppy, slow animation

Woof.

It's like I'm watching anime.

good thing they're only robots.

I came at a point where I came to the conclusion his sword has the magic power to turn everything he cuts to machines. Like Robotnics wet dream weapon.

this looks like shit

Looks pretty good, makes me more hyped

definitely my proudest fap

Yeahhhhh...

WOAH

its neat that they're a seemingly upgraded version of the bugs from the dog episode

Genndy seemed pretty unhappy about new Samurai Jack despite it being written like he always wanted. I guess he saw how cheap animation work he received and that made him doubt this whole deal.

I don't get it, was it really that hard to make animation at least as fluid as the old show?

WACHA

99999999999999999999/10

So I'm not the only one that thought it looked slow compared to the original.

It doesn't look bad but it certainly lacks a sense of liveliness with its timing, and I feel this will hurt the intensity and emotion of fight scenes quite a lot.

That said if nothing else it at least purely looks better and shouldn't be a disappointment in terms of story.

meh
i liked it

>Genndy seemed pretty unhappy about new Samurai Jack
sauce?

He seemed tired in every interview and always was saying "well, I don't know what is going to happen, I just want to see people's reaction, are they going to like it? Hate it? I dont know"

He is definitely not confident with this one and now we know why.

Looks like utter shit.

Jack should have stayed dead.

but you're retarded

He's just saying he just wants to see people's reactions to it

>but he looks tired

Anyone working on a cartoon that's expected to live up to it's hype is probably, maybe, gonna be looking tired

Not many animators leave their fans on a cliffhanger for 13 years and suddenly come back to wrap up the series.

It's surprising. This scene started real bad, but it gets better with every second.

I think that's normal behaviour. The expectations set against him are way too high.

Dare I say

JACK IS BACK
A
C
K

I
S

B
A
C
K

Or maybe he's worried how fans will perceive the work after waiting so long and is stressed

You can't deny that all of this feels off. Scenes are disconnected with each other, animation is less fluid, camera work is choppy, it seems worse than the original. He shouldn't have done this if there was no money, it really shows.

Will he fuck the aliens in the pussy?

Well, the original series had inconstant animation quality.
Let's hope there are other better animated scenes.

it's also a one minute clip taken from a ten episode installment. this is likely not going to be the best to be offered by this series.

>all the people saying this looks bad
What the hell it looks good tho
Even better than the original

The only thing that gets me is the use of the corny CGI vehicle shit that animators have been using for a while. I don't think it was as bad as most people say.

I don't understand why so many people in this thread are criticizing the animation. There's literally nothing wrong with it, he looked like a guy on a motorcycle destroying a bunch of bug robots, the animation served its purpose.

>feels off
>scenes are disconnected
>less fluid
>choppy

How the fuck are you able to notice shit like that? The things you're describing have never once entered my mind while viewing anything. Are you just trying to be a pretentious art critic? Do you go to school for this?

his ass

the animation in Samurai Jack was never good

Sup Forums's next big waifu?

I got you family

The scene flows better if you put it on 1.25 or 1.5 speed on youtube. Some scenes, like him shooting the pistol or taking out the spear, dragged on for far too long.

Well, now I wished I'd saved the original that says Thank You, to thank you with.

This, the pacing is fucked up. Hopefully someone will fix it when the episode comes out

I'm not getting this "bad animation" complaint. I thought it looked good. Besides, it's a 1 minute clip.

It's got the same pacing as the original sequences from the series.

I feel like the people whining are the people that didn't watch Jack until the sequel was announced, and now are suddenly Jack experts.

> dragged on for far too long.

You haven't watched Samurai Jack, have you?

You know what, I think I know why it's so long. It's like that because it was meant to be a showcase of Jack's new arsenal. That makes sense for me at least.

maybe it's edited that way because it's a teaser

>I feel like the people whining are the people that didn't watch Jack until the sequel was announced, and now are suddenly Jack experts.

This
or they are blinded by nostalgia, Jack fihts were never better than this, not even your favorite one.

^This, what's wrong with you complainers? Extremely slowed down scenes of Jack pulling out a weapon or jumping away from an explosion was 90% of the original series.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. If anything the pacing is a hair FASTER then the very slow, very deliberate fight scenes of the first few seasons. Seriously, anyone who thinks this is too slow needs to rewatch Samurai Jack.

He sounds pretty fucking enthusiastic to me with how he talks things up a lot. You're seeing what you want to see.

but you're retarded

Post yfw

>TWIST

cool, robots

robots being violently killed

cool

groundbreaking

But we all know the best Samurai Jack fight from an artistic standpoint was Jack versus the Shinobi, objectively.

>no cable management
>no RGB
Aku confirmed filthy peasant

I don't know the specific name for this, but do you guys know that rule about how when making an action scene you should always make sure the cuts are consistent with where the characters are placed so the audience is not thinking "wait, how did he get over there" or "I thought he was on the other side"?

That's something that always unnerved me about how this was the problem with Samurai Jack's action scenes.

Are you talking about the 180 degrees rule? If so then yeah, SJ really did have issues with following the rule even when plenty of action cartoons at the time were fine with it.

My personal favorites were Jack vs. Aku in the graveyard, and Jack vs. The Minions of Set. There's something unnerving about Jack of all people feeling desperate and out of options in a fight.

>watched the comic con video of this scene storyboarded
>got hyped

>watch it animated now
>lost hype

Would've been cool for the motorcycle to be like a rolling chainsaw instead of a huge cartoony lawnmower.

You mean
>SPAGHETTI

>Are you trying to be a pretentious art critic?

That's the entire point of Sup Forums. Any moment not spent on waifus and company wars has to be spent trying to imitate Sup Forums

Any faggot complaining about the CG in this clip is just trying to talk big

>b-but I noticed it was CG

Good for you, have a cookie

it's sad but Sup Forums seems incapable of enjoying things now

HOLY SHIT you are right, this is koreans fucking fault

I don't know if you're aware how lawnmowers work, but that motorcycle was way more like a chainsaw than a mower.

Post pics of Jack being a cute

Why is Jack white though?

>loses the mask almost immediately

Man, Jack. Why bother wearing clothes at all?

>That reddit spacing

>Disparaging formatting for the sake of readers
It's like you want to make things difficult for others.