How muscular should strength-based heroes be?

How should Superman be built? Thor? Colossus? Da Hulg?

It depends on the source of power and the designs of the original artist.
Spidey looks slim to emphasize speed and agility, but he can still lift tons over his head. Hulk looks huge and muscley to contrast with Banner, so he's look awful slim.
Magic or cosmic or whatever exotic kinds of sources have more wiggle room to have non-muscular powerhouses, whereas closer-to-mundane types like super soldier serum heroes should probably have matching muscle.

Depends on the hero/design they want to go for.
Most guys should be attractively buff, so not ugly bodybuilder type.
If you're supposed to be an acrobatic type then go otter mode.

Except Hulk he's usually a monster...unless he's Professor Hulk, in which case he should be a little below monster tier with ahandsome face.

I think that "well built" to "Mr.Olympia" is a good fit for most super strong guys depending on their level, with the super heavy powerhouses like Hulk and Juggernaut literally being inhumanly built

Depends, most of them should be fit but they generally don't have to be too bulky. Would err on the side of less powers = more muscles.

Realistically it's just down to what the artist thinks is most attractive unless it's an intentionally monstrous character like Hulk. No one likes drawing ugly people.

I usually assume that super strength has nothing to do with muscle mass, unless it's something like Hulk where there's a direct correlation or Captain America where they're just enhanced humans. That's why I never understand people complaining that artists don't draw Wonder Woman muscular enough.

because genetically they are suppoed to be amazonian, its not more so about them having super strength but rather being them raised as warriors since birth

I love the way Coipel draws Thor.

Colossus should look more like a powerlifter, dude grew up on a remote farm with presumably no access to a gym.

Because she's supposed to be hot.

Doesnt matter except if for some dumb reason their superstrength isn't a proper superpower like Spidey villain the Ox.

Big musculature helps convey an impression of strength to the reader, but a contrast with a slender build can work too.

Conventionally hot, not fetishist hot.

Oh sorry I misread.
I thought you were saying the opposite.

Superman should be on par with hercules 's body

Whatever makes the most sense for their character.

I like this Herc Bodytype better.

I want to lick Punished Thor's chest.

Not in a gay way though.

Well Herc is the quintessential strong guy

Why? His strength comes from being a Kryptonian under the influence of a yellow sun.

I don't like Supes that big tbqh. He can have a little definition to him but should be generally slimmer.

>Laura unimpressed

Where's his right buttcheek?

If the source of their power is drawn from sort of energy (magic, science, whatever) source, then their looks should not matter in the slightest.

We almost never see this expressed in characters with some superintelligence. For instance, a character like Galactus or Mogo should in theory be immeasurably smarter than Brainiac, or Reed Richards but we know this isn't the case.

This. In my mind Batman should be more muscular than Superman, because Batman works out constantly while Superman is just naturally superhumanly strong.

thats what a diet of alcoholic beverages and self loathing will land you with, i can testify to this first hand

Alot of the time when we see Krypton in flashbacks everyone looks ripped already. I don't think we've ever seen a fat Kryptonian actually. Maybe Kryptonians are just naturally in good shape (dat genetic engineering).

Depends on the nature of their strength. Is it magical or some kind of limited telekinesis? They can look like whatever. Is the power actually muscle based? They should be fairly jacked.

Likewise. Her powers are basically magical in origin. I don't really care if she looks more like a supermodel than a weightlifter.

It's probably an artifact of him originally being a muscle-based superhero.

Because it's a useful cue to his character type, a big, strong, reliable guy.

Hercules is built like a fucking brick wall.

why is laura don't seems to be impress ?
what do you think the girls in the pic are each thinking in their mind ?

Laura has taken bigger in her anus??

I do too, but in a gay way