This is technically a Cartoon. Prove me wrong

This is technically a Cartoon. Prove me wrong.

It's as much a cartoon as Astroboy, Gatchaman, Gigantor, and Samurai Pizza Cats.

I said Prove me wrong.

>different plot
>different story
>re-edited
>stuck 3 seperate unrelated sources together
>had multiple original movies with new assets
>had an entire American Book Series
>not a cartoon
Bitch

You win this time Macek.

It's the cartoon equivalent to Power Rangers, I'd say the drastic differences in story outweigh the shared footage and make each version unique.

it's not a cartoon but it is Sup Forums

It's interesting
They bring up her song
My boyfriends a pilot but then they make it about her makeing her big break
But hey atleast they kept the
knife fight date

would someone please cue that bird

This man was a godsend and a genius that took three mediocre series and turned them into proper military science fiction beloved by millions, saving it from the hellish quagmire that manchild Kawamori stuck Macross in and never pulled out of. We were never worthy of Carl Macek.

Carl Macek was a good man. RIP

Harmony Gold can burn in hell thogh.

All anime are cartoons.

you should learn what these things mean before you post them its pretty obvious what his argument for it being a cartoon is you're just being retarded

agreed. Does harmony gold even have any other sources of income? They just make money suing warhammer and hasbro these days, right?

Is this a cartoon?

Well since Japan gives no shits about it then it might as well be.

According to wikipedia they also deal in real estate.

Storytime ye cunts, because yes, Robotech IS Sup Forums.

Do you remember love BASED storytime user?

Oh, behave.

Robotech:The Macross Saga is, up until the last 6 episodes, one of the most faithful dubs before the 2000s. Its got a surprising lack of content censorship compared to most TV dubs, and no excessive indulgent attempt at making it seem more adult like all those cheesy OVA dubs. They redubbed Macross in a more faithful way, but I'd rather watch Robotech because the second dub's voices feel less appropriate in a lot of ways, and flagrantly drop Japanese for the kind of weeb crowd that likes to crouch in the middle of Barnes and Noble aisles and read without paying.

The other two series got the usual weird dub treatment thanks to being shoehorned as sequels, though.

please elaborate. what did macek do exactly

Aw, Steve...

3 wrongs don't make a right.

>proper military science fiction
>beloved by millions
>Robotech

>Gatchaman
best girl, prove me wrong faggots

Libgen's being a bitch and it looks like it won't let me download the rest of the series. Oh well.

Well it is now, seeing how it be formally adopted by the USA.

Still we got Legendary Defender out of it and done by the same people who did Avatar which is a match made in heaven.

We only except classic Gatchaman here.

And that's all you're getting from me I guess

wait, why suing them?

One more page. Member when Wildstorm published rapey edgy Thundercats comics?

Because back when the original Transformers was running Hasbro went to basically every Japanese toy company that had transforming robot toys and they made a deal with Bandai to use the Valkyrie for Macross as Jetfire.

Since Harmony Gold owns everything to do with Robotech in the US they try and sue Hasbro anytime they have a new Jetfire toy that resembles the original.

>>
>We only except classic Gatchaman here.
got it

Better.

also I kinda like Battle of the Planets

>tfw you realize the reason why all those cool Macross videogames don't get localized is because of Robotech.

Which they can't fucking do anymore by the way.

They finally took the likes to court and Harmony Golds bullshit worked against them at long last and now Hasbro can use the Veritech design (and later redesigns of Jetfire) as much as they want and Harmony Gold can't do jack shit

Good on Hasbro.

me too user