How did the hell he get hired?

how did the hell he get hired?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SrQBIa3Ogqs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you ever attended an American public school?

This. They'll hire anyone with a Bachelors degree.

He was (still is?) fucking the principal.

I'm watching season 1 episodes of fop and crocker is more nuts than I remember.

he was probably a good teacher until timmy fucked him over not saying he wasn't nuts before that I'm sure he let the fairy obsession slip now and then but timmy just escalated it to a new level

>whole new level

He's a male primary school teacher, schools don't want to lose the few that they have.

You Know!
i feel like if i look back at fairly odd parents, i might end up liking and appreciating a character like crocker.

Sure especially after that episode where Timmy goes back in time and meets kid crocker

Here's why
youtube.com/watch?v=SrQBIa3Ogqs

Well it dose look good on him.

>Is that your ear... on your neck?

I've asked myself the exact same question with all of my old teachers. Even when I wasn't in an american public school. Once upon a time I had a narcissist for a teacher, and I'm not just saying that for kicks. This lady (who looked exactly like a white Gruntilda) spent most lessons talking about how much our parents were spending to send us to that school. She would spend the entire lesson doing this.

So end of the year comes and I get my report card in. I got some alright feedback from other teachers, they all seemed mostly happy with my work. Then I take a look at this hag's marks. This pus bucket had decided to talk more about herself on my report card than me, even going as far as to call herself one of if not THE best teachers in the country and that she had won several awards. Worst part is, I know she gave me bad grades for some of my papers simply because she didn't agree with my opinion.

When she decided to stop fingering her cooch to the thought of herself, all she had to say about me was that I needed to show more respect to her. Of course I knew well and good that I give my regards to those who deserve it, and a lot of other teachers at the time were all over me for that, mostly for me treating them like humans with feelings rather than objects, or in this case, deities.

Cont.

Cont.

This person didn't like the way I talked I guess because she would constantly interrupt me when I would ask me a question and tell me to repeat it, but more "respectfully." (I think it had to do with my Americanisms, which I was used to getting shit for at the time) It's not like I was talking like "Oi, gimme that paper." I would just say stuff like "Couldja pass that?" and she would correct me to "Miss, could you please give me that paper? Thank you very much miss." She was the type of person if when she asks you "How was your day?" she will scrutinize you for saying anything other than "Good, you?" (or in this case, "Good, miss, how about you?") If you ever DARED say "meh" to her, she will fucking pull you to the side and give you a 10 minute lecture on the functioning of society and how we are expected to say the same thing every time.

Basically I was punished for not kissing the ground she stepped on, and the worst part is, so many other students did this. She was fucking worshiped in the school. I had no idea how that shit flew with some of the other banter lords of the year but I swear everyone was sucking up to this sack of shit. I knew she was just doing this because she was self conscious about how she looked and acted. It was clear she had been through a lot of abuse, and I feel sorry for her for that, but damn dude. Narcissists shouldn't be teachers.

I haven't really gotten into the thick of the things she had done. Don't even remember specifics that well to be honest. I'm sure if you had asked me at the time I could have greentexted something, if I had known what greentexting was.

I think it's ironic how everyone complains about how the education system sucks or is a joke and no one ever wants to put the blame where it obviously needs to go -- the fucking teachers. They act like victim-saints in all of it. Even though we wouldn't be such a dumb nation according to everyone's dumb opinion if they managed to do their jobs of un-dumbing people.

I can launch into all sorts of triads here but I'll leave it at that first and foremost.

You do realize public school teachers don't get paid shit, right? You try dedicating all your time and energy to something that hardly pays the bills.

I don't really think of it to be one thing that causes bad education. It's just a whole lot of opposing shit from everyone. When all is said and done, it's a lot easier to just turn school into a child labor factory rather than keep it in such a chaotic state in which individual's needs are treated accordingly.

Students can be assholes. Teachers can be assholes. Markers can be assholes. The government can be assholes. Principals can be assholes. Janitors can be assholes.

Just be thankful you don't have to live that life anymore.

He's a good boi

the teacher unions holds fuck ton of power in the US, and a full network of retarded media and social support, any suggestion that anything but spending more money on teachers salaries as the solution to Americas education problems is ridiculed and labeled an assault on the idea of education it self.

> You try dedicating all your time and energy to something that hardly pays the bills.

I dedicate my time to and energy to something that doesn't even pay my own bills. It's called having a job. I still do the best job I can do on it, because I'm being paid at all to do something.

Maybe being a teacher pays like shit because... uuhh...she's producing a shit product? That's exactly what I'm talking about, she's demanding more money before she even shows she's capable of producing a better product worth the investment to begin with.

Why do so many teachers get into this profession if the pay is sssoo bad (when it's actually not)? Because they "love" to do it? Bullshit. They know it's a cushy job that lets them work literally half the time most normal adults do and they usually don't care about the low-pay since they only went to college to marry the rich guy they found in their senior year. The teacher's salary is just extra purse money for her

Yeah my suggestion is privatizing and making teachers actually compete for the student's parents money. Something that benefits everyone overall but it's going to be fought harder than anything because we don't, for some reason same economic forces being applied to all the other amazing products we enjoy being applied to educating our children or ourselves apparently.

>Maybe being a teacher pays like shit because... uuhh...she's producing a shit product?

Way to prove to know virtually nothing about the american education system in a single sentence. Do us all a favor and stop posting before you say something even dumber.

> (when it's actually not)
Hahaha...

> it's a cushy job that lets them work literally half the time most normal adults do

>He thinks teachers only work the hours classes are meeting.

Okay, now we know you're fucking with us. Well done.

Oh no. She has to grade papers while sitting on a chair watching television in her own fucking house. Woe is her.

Just because that's how they taught in your special needs classes doesn't mean that's how it is around the board, user.

Oh look more foreigners who are barely capable of speech.

USA #1

Actual teacher here, go fuck yourself. I'm tired of people always blaming me without having a slightest clue of what I have to put up with.

I am not allowed to teach my students what they need to learn because of our new, great standards that got shoved down everybody's throat a few years back.

Here are some examples:

I teach 2nd grade. I am only allowed 15 minutes of social studies A DAY. No American history for my young minds, that doesn't bode well for the new norm!

About 75% of my students are still reading at a 1st grade or Kindergarden level because last year their teachers were not allowed to teach them phonics! They were forced to focus on reading comprehension! ( even though you can't fucking comprehend what you're reading if you don't know what sounds the letters make!)

Extreme behavior problems in class and in our school cannot be suspended unless our area superintendent approves and signs off on the referral, the best we can do is send them to in school suspension where they sit with our deans and do nothing. There are students at our school who have hit teachers and shown up the very next day in class because of this.

This is just a fraction of the bullshit I have to put up with on a daily basis. Are there shitty teachers out there? Yes. Are Teachers Unions bullshit? YES. But to dump all of the failures of the education system on every single one of us is pants-on-head retarded.

Why not shift that same criticism towards our Department of Education? Jimmy Carter created it back in 1979 and for the past 30+ years or so it is sunk about 20 billion dollars annually into " programs" and " shifts in educational practice" and has produced fuck all for it.

I have to go to work, thank you for posting because I really needed to vent.

Education right now it's the most expensive it has ever been and yet little to no improvement has been shown over the years
It's time to admit the problem won't be fixed by throwing money at it

>Child labor factory
Except it completely fails to prepare children for any kind of job

> You try dedicating all your time and energy to something that hardly pays the bills
Like police officers right? It's OK when they fuck up and kill someone because their job sucks

I heard a good solution to this
You let parents chose where they want kids to study and then you reward the school based on how many students they have
So then good schools get more students and grow while shitty schools get ghettified

This sounds about right based on what teachers I know say.

@90182247
@90182251
Nice fucking blog, liked and subscribed :^)

Actually thought this'd be the case, so I considered becoming a teacher at my old high school for shits and giggles. But they expect you to take all of these exams for an educator license, with the practice exams having questions you were never taught in university.

>No American history for my young minds, that doesn't bode well for the new norm!
>American
What history?

Subjectively you can blame the idiots who are directly responsible for their own actions. Objectively you should blame the management for even allowing these idiots in the first place in a role of power. I know exactly what the problem is and honestly we should murder and torture all of them on every single front. And I genuinely mean murder and torture because there is no excuse for acting so irresponsible with a role of power which affects others, you're more than scum, you're an active killer of civilization.

One big problem with that "solution". Are you just going to let the poor kids suffer in shitty schools? That's not solving the problem, it's just spreading it around.

Don't interact with them user. They'll probably ask for money or Nato protection for free

That's not a good solution, that's what fucked up the detroit school system.

This might sound horribly negative, but... public schools with free entry should not exist. Only schools with entrance exams.

...you would give kids entering elementary school entrance exams?

Sadly yes, especially based on home education and their personality. Some kids just aren't qualified for entry school and will never be. Dragging them along just sabotages the rest of the educated children who want to learn and which cannot because of some disruptive low-end scum. Who has problems back home and keeps spilling them in class instead of back home while the principal and teachers continously refuse to kick him out or sanction him horribly through his abusive trash family.

School should be taken more seriously and to stop being taken for granted.

>Poor
How does poor factor in on this?
Public education is free

What fucked up Detroit's schoos was a board of education that stole the money and run

I beat the shit out of some prep school Nerd a ways back in my youth. His fancy school never taught him how to fight. Checkmate

I remember the great white flight too

>only those I deem worthy deserve an education
DeVos please go.

I bet he is still thinking about it to this day instead of moving on with his life and chosing not to be a pathetic lower right?

Another teacher here, go fuck yourself.

Do you listen to this American Life?
I remember the podcast were they claimed that what black students need is white students keeping them on check in an Orwellian attempt of using the good students to try to average the bad ones at the cost of their own education
It was also racist as fuck

We need to give 6-year-olds entrance exams to go to a public school? They're 6.

And acting like an elementary school kid will be awful based on their family history? Sounds pretty Moviebob there.

>MUH UNIONS
Yeah man us teachers are so ultra powerful! We are just greedy is all!

To be fair family life is pretty much the biggest factor on how a little kid will act in school
I advocate for Intellectual segregation tho, let the good kids go to the good schools

And do you think any of those questions had anything to do with being a good teacher? Welcome to bureaucracy. They spent 3 decades lowering teacher's salaries and shifting all the funding into charter schools that just take the money and run and inner city schools who don't know how to spend it. So inevitably the parents and teachers complain about the quality of teachers going down, so what is the bureaucratic solution? The same as it always is: more tests. Tests invented by Education Majors appointed by 80 IQ Governors because they are their sister's husband's cousin. So you got a job that pays terribly, requires going through bureaucratic loopholes to get through, and is publicly maligned and you're surprised that the only people who go into it are insane and incapable of functioning in the real world?

MORE TESTING. MOOOOOOORE.

If Union's are so small and insignificant then do away with them

I think you need way more tests
Psychological ones

Plus we all know why you get into education wink wink child rape

So the uneducated and poor get dumber and poorer? You am smart good.

It doesn't occur to you at all that there are many intelligent kids from poor family backgrounds, and all of these entrance exams can fuck over many of these said kids? No Child Left Behind made shit worse, dude.

Nah, that's why you join the seminary

I teach in nc and we dont have a union which is why teacher pay and working conditions in nc are nearly the worst and counties can treat us like total shit with no real consequences.

I know you are joking but standardized testing makes my job so much harder.

>Poor
There is that word again
Kids who want to do well do well, kids don't get taught hard stuff
>Uneducated
They are uneducated out of choice
Listen most schools classes have smart kids and dumb kids who don't care, the dumb kids who don't care don't change and the smart kids don't become dumb we are just pairing them up with other kids like them
If anything having your kid in dumb school would be a wake up call for lazy parents to do better
Also the good schools can grow, there is no reason for the good schools not to eventually grow enough to render the other schools pointless

>Poor
Public school is free

>tfw you want to make a comic about the education system and child psychology but don't have a lot of time to do it in between other art projects

I always appreciate threads like these on any board just because of the wealth of perspective, from people telling stories about their school days to teachers inside the system explaining the problems.

Are there any good resources about this stuff or is it too taboo for people to have books about how fucked the education system is or how kids really operate in that system?

It's not about how easy your job is shithead
I would be perfectly OK with your life being horrible if it meant a couple more thousand kids have a future

Watch Season 4 of The Wire. It's all about how talented and intelligent kids are gutted by standardized testing.

You must be uneducated if you dont realize that home life and access to resources is a major factor in attitudes towards education in students.

You must be fucking retarded.

I went to an expensive private school, one of the best around and I can tell you my experience was pretty great
I was a little spoiled brat and I didn't try my best but there were no fighting between kids and when it was it was incredibly mild and for the most part students were students and teachers were teachers and everything worked perfectly fine

And you know why it was so great? No poor kids
And you know what? That's a lie, 20% of students couldn't afford to pay for it and had 60% of the cost subsidized and poor kids studied hard and got along great with everyone else, some of my best friends were poor

So I know it isn't a money thing, kids who want to learn should have the chance to

>tfw you were the quiet kid that just wanted to learn shit cause it was interesting and you could doodle on paper while doing it, but the entire rest of the class was so disruptive the teachers just gave up and would just tell completely unrelated personal stories, to the point where you just learned how to draw in school, but never learned chemistry

There
Hell most of the time poor kids tried the hardest

So how does excessive testing make me a better teacher or educate kids better?

Yeah man that anecdotal evidence sure blew me the fuck out.

It doesn't
When did I mention that?
If anything it's a tool to find out how bad you are at your job

Raising children is the responsibility of all citizens, not "government-designated children-raisers." Stop shifting the blame, you measly little bureaucratic worm and take some responsibility.

WE

Because it was a gigantic school built on an old clock factory with tons of students and 20% being poor makes it a really big sample study
If a school were 1 in 5 kids is poor can be great then there is no reason to assume it's poverty dragging kids back

Fuck public school.

I even had a good time at mine, but they're a waste of everyone's time and money. I learned to read when I was 3. My grandma taught me algebra when I was 5. I learned social skills from my friends and family.

Literally the only things they taught K-12 that had any impact on my life I knew before I went to kindergarten. The only skill I develop at school was how to shade in circles better than other kids.

Private schools, home schooling, or apprenticeship. Anything else is indoctrination regardless of individual teacher's intentions or efforts.

But they spend 8 hours a day with you you moron
Most kids see their teachers more than they see one of their parents

Ah, I see, you are shitposting. Bravo

>Most kids see their teachers more than they see one of their parents

I got butthurt over a teacher complaining that her job is too hard
Come on
I mean fuck you
If your job was hard those kids would be acing those tests

For elementary school kids whose parents go to work all the time, definitely. That's why you get the occasional kid who accidentally calls their 1st grade teacher "mommy".

Because parents unlike you have to work in their jobs

thanks ma'am

All the government tells me to say is science vocabulary. Thats the thing about excessive testing, it doesnt matter how well a student understands, say, planetary motion. If he doesnt remember what a perihelion is then thats all testing shows. Biology in particular is very heavy on pushing to teach constant fucking vocab words. All so kids can do well on a test.

I worked in a very poor, 95% black community. No matter how good my students were or how good their critical thinking skills were, they were poor test takers and when they inevitability performed poorly on a test I still get in trouble. Doesnt matter their actual knowledge or application on concepts.

if they're intelligent, how did they fail an exam?

This is why I made my own damn worksheets and assignments.

What the fuck am I looking at here?

Worksheet itself may have been focused on practicing estimation.

If what you said was true then the world would reflect it by being filled with people that are too smart for their living situations and not the other way around

Homeschool kids who get taught by their moms in their spare time do way better than kids taught by professionals in a schooling environment
Public schools are cancer and they are cancer breeding grounds because it spreads to the kids
Honestly how can you defend the system by this point?

Probably is. Good thing I moved on and up with Charisma alone since they dont teach that in books. Sadly im only making 18 an hour though

Homeschooled kids are also social retards with many interpersonal problems.

Reminder that it's teachers the ones disrupting the system and getting in the way of education and making kids unable to function

And they do better than kids getting educated by you
I hope kids can use those social skills to make people supersize their fries later on in life

Don't worry, at least you have the memory of the one time you beat someone better than you even tho it was using violence
I guess in a world without police you would thrive

how the hell did he get hired?

FIFY

>$50-$55k/year
>three months of vacation every summer
>shit