Star vs the Weekend

The two-part one-hour season finale airs on Monday!

>EP21 "Face the Music" (ft. Patrick Stump)
youtube.com/watch?v=9W62wS7dYmk

>EP22 "Starcrushed"
youtube.com/watch?v=fmuGJOgIZ2E

Other urls found in this thread:

youdubber.com/index.php?video=TzGDtoXKrH0&video_start=80&audio=lcOxhH8N3Bo&audio_start=137
youtube.com/watch?v=m-ItSIq-ekw
vimeo.com/202168051
youtube.com/watch?v=VKCjlFG0vEU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just finished just friends and am severely uncomfortable

Also, appreciate this thing an user did.
youdubber.com/index.php?video=TzGDtoXKrH0&video_start=80&audio=lcOxhH8N3Bo&audio_start=137

You wanna talk about it?

When you've bungled all your bangles and your loved ones have been mangled, listen to the jingle-jangle of my gypsy tambourine.

'cause these chords are hypnotizing and the whole world's harmonizing, so please children stop your crying and just sing along with me!

What time?

So any predictions on where they're going with the "if you're not leaving with me, maybe I'll leave for good" thing?
It doesn't really make sense for Star to drop that bomb on something without any stakes, but nor does it make sense for Marco to try to ditch someone he at worst has a strained relationship with if that person is going to be fighting for their life and the fate of at least a couple dimensions may hang in the balance.

fsjal?

She just says 'if you don't leave right now maybe i'll leave for good'. Nothing about leaving with her.

If I had to guess Marco wants to talk about whatever awkwardness just happened between them and sort out how Star feels about him, and Star just wants her space and doesn't want to deal with it. So she's telling him to leave her alone and give her some breathing space or else she'll go back to Mewni where she doesn't have to be exposed to this tragic love triangle any more.

What're you doing to survive the wait Sup Forums?

7 AM EST

Gotta love how they decided to go all needless Tween Romance Drama

Promo #2
youtube.com/watch?v=m-ItSIq-ekw

It seems like they both want to talk, but it's probably not about the same thing.

ONE HOUR?! Holy fucking shit, that's a hell of a finale.

i wonder how hard shes going trash talk glossaryck

theyre just friends? wtf

I want Baby to harshly judge me while saying 'interesting' and secretly holding contempt for my complete incompetence.

Well, 44 minutes, technically, but yes, quadruple-length.

Even more technically, it's two double-length episodes back-to-back.

If they hadn't and just kept Marco spilling spaghetti around Jackie until the end of time without making a move like in season 1, you'd probably be complaining too.

Just friends with benefits

well thats certainly interesting

Everyone thought Marco was that perfect boy, but it turns out he's delusional and kinda egoistic.

That whole sync works unexpectedly well
>"Turn around, bright eyes" when she's trying to leave and it looks like she's crying
>"I need you now tonight" when she's physically pushing him away
>"If you hug me, hold me tight" when she breaks the hug

do you ever stop what you're doing and just think about how much you love Toffee

I keep forgetting he exists.

It's like rich, buttery Tootsie Rolls!

so did I for a while, but since he'll be back in the finale it's getting exciting

No, I'm busy thinking about how much I want to fuck Star Butterfly.
I'm not some kind of degenerate.

I love you, my wand.

Guess you would want to be her spic friend so she can scream your name...

While you cuck her.

Princess Ludo confirmed?

Why did they give him such a delicious name?

motherfucker, no i need me some Toffee. Gonna get the saucepan and sugar out.

Well, Glossaryck said he only teaches magical princesses, and Ludo owned a casttle...

>mfw I just seen the recent few episodes
>keep getting reminded of how much a pathetic loser cuck star is
>laugh hysterically for hours
This truly is a great victory for Jarco bros.

If I ever get the opportunity to ask Daron Nefcy a question at a panel or on one of those Twitter Q&As or something, I'd seriously like to know that.

Might be an interesting story behind it.

Hope you like being the NaruSaku fags of western animation once the series wraps up. Honestly, at this point, I think you could actually get canon endgame Jarco and still have a hissyfit meltdown because they have Star be happy with someone else/on their own.

So what would've happened if instead of trying to be the best possible friend to Marco and inviting Jackie along, Star had tried to keep them apart and just bought 2 tickets to the concert? Would Star have tried to kiss Marco and passed it off as getting up in the moment with all the other couples kissing if he objected?

>Star ends up going evil at the end of the season because of her jealosy about Marco
>Ends up turning on everyone and deciding to take over the Earth to become it's queen with Marco as her king
>The ending song lyrics are changed

I think Earth is a pretty gre -at place.
That's saying something, 'cause I've been through outer space.
I think it suits me, it's just my style.
I think I'm gonna rule a little while.

I think that strangers are just slaves you haven't met.
I'm blasting humans and I never break a sweat.
I'm really thinking I could call this place home!

Honestly? I'm pretty sure that Star just plain feels like she doesn't deserve to date Marco.

Season finale theme: vimeo.com/202168051
>An angel and demon are sitting together like friends
>I'm in the middle; which way do I face?
>Either destroy myself or destroy everything else
>They scream in my ear all night
>Is there a right answer to this?
>Demons wearing the masks of angels
>They beckon to me and say to me,
>"FOR THE SAKE OF JUSTICE, DESTROY ALL EVIL RIGHT NOW!"
>They say the world is waiting for me...

>Star ends up going evil at the end of the season because of getting cucked by Jackie
ftfy

Nice

I can't wait for Moon to get Oogway'd:

youtube.com/watch?v=VKCjlFG0vEU

>Marco has to give Star the ol' love speech again.

Evil star born of being cuck-friendzoned when? Will Toffee end up playing the role of Kaiki?

Can never have enough H-poo

You guys I can't take the anticipation.

Someone find a way to leak the episodes RIGHT NOW.

Toffee will marry Evil Star, thus completing his ultimate revenge on the Butterfly family.

>Mewni actually doesn't have a problem with Star conquering the puny humans and sees it as manifest destiny

>Moon: Star. I am proud

Why does this make an eerie amount of sense?
It's not just me, right?

>Mewnifest destiny

>Star is utterly humiliated in the season finale
>Show has a timeskip for season 3 so she suffers for years
How would you feel?

Reminder

In Face the Music we learn after her inappropriate play Star gets in major trouble and possibly loses her heir title from mewni. She then feels like everyone has wronged her. The magic high commission battle takes place in Starcrushed. During the fight Toffee pulls his trump card which is Star herself. Star precedes to destroy them in a fit of anger due to past 45 min. The shot in the preview of Moon looking surprised and the green glow was because she saw Star in front of her. In Face the Music we learn after her inappropriate play Star gets in major trouble and possibly loses her heir title from mewni. She then feels like everyone has wronged her and above post happens

If Glossaryck is so powerful, why is he bound to the book?

Star is going to end up growing to be as miserable as pic related

Anyone got a Mega for The Bounce Lounge?

If anything, I think Moon and the MHC are going to get their shit kicked in, and Star's going to show up when it's already too late.

why is genie stuck in a lamp?
its in their nature

Star would've asked him if he wanted to make out with her as practice so he's less nervous with Jackie. One thing would've lead to another and they would've ended up having sex. Finally at the end of a night of passionate lovemaking, Marco would wake Star with a kiss on the cheek and thank her for helping him practice sex. He would have a huge smile on his face and say that after all those hours of practice he finally feels confident enough to have sex with Jackie. Star would tell him unconvincingly that she thought that was fantastic. Marco would hug her tightly and tell her she was the best friend a guy could have.

He's not, he's just too lazy to live anywhere else.

>timeskip
No.

Nah, she's shocked because Toffee is still around, and because Ludo has the other half of the wand.

I mean, maybe, but it seems like he knows a lot about other dimensions and powerful magic users, like he's traveled around the multiverse before. But he can't really leave the book for that long, so he must've had a life before being bound to it.

He likes teaching people, and what's a better or more interesting way to do that than as the mentor for an entire lineage of magical girl God-Empresses?
Besides, he can learn for himself all of their magic they develop in the meanwhile.

I'm guessing finding out that Ludo has the other half of the wand is the whole reason they're there in the first place. Maybe it's something Moon finds out in "Face the Music", gives her a good reason to be upset with Star that she knew and didn't tell them, and hasn't even been trying to take it back.

Star vs's Comic-Con posters were very cute last year.

Who else is hyped for Toffee coming back in the flesh in Starcrushed?

That's plausible. I was thinking they were there to take back the book and 'rescue' Glossaryck, given that Moon and him seemed to have a mutual respect for one another, but that's a possibility as well.

>Star and Marco's #2 song is Just Friends
>Jackie's #1 song is Just Friends
>Star and Marco will mellow out to overcome their flaws
>Jackie's chill is the perfect offset to Tom's anger management issues
Fuck, this is totally the endgame isn't it?
Oh well, Marco is still the ideal we should all strive for.

I hope they also have nice posters this year.

I hope they have one for Toffee and/or Eclipsa.

I'm a little confused at your reasoning here? Can you explain a little more?

Star and Marco's #1 song is Too Little Too Late

maybe eclipsa is more than meets the eye

Oh, neat. Actually kids like this show as well.

I hope she's super posh and doesn't get along with Star at all with the only thing they have in common being that they're both really powerful and misunderstood.

>650$

Hahaha, amerikans, am i right?

There's no way too end Jarco amicably, anyone can see this. Starco is dead

If this were CN, the episodes would have been leaked a month ago by the channel itself on a random online plataform. Be glad Disney at least have some respect for it's own series.

Still, if you get someone who works at Disney XD and have low morals they may leak it beforehand.

And they actually buy the merch, unlike us

I am, but he'll assume his true form.

I doubt they're going to play her as a straight villain, even if she's the final boss.
In fact, it would be great if it does turn out to be Toffee's plan to wake her up and expecting her to be a natural ally for the monsters against Mewni, only for her to just steal his/Ludo's half of the Wand as its rightful owner.

Probably Glossaryck being so powerful is at least partially BECAUSE he's bound to the book.

Either he's the personification of the book, or it's just that achieving the level of power he's got REQUIRED sacrificing his freedom and binding himself to teach whoever owns the book.

You fapped too much to Between Friends. You no longer can split canon from Starco wet dreams.

a timeskip would be pretty interesting and brutal if she hasn't gotten over anything

>fap too much to between friends
that is a difficult claim to make, if anything msot people dont fap enough, its too cute

And I'm sure you could have predicted this happening from the situation at the end of Season 1

You left out the part where Star comes with Marco and they have a threesome with Jackie.

people always think its easy to predict the future

I'm pretty sure Marco's already established that his favorite is "Awesome Feeling".

Glossaryk is implied to be ageless like most of the counsel so maybe he was bound to the book later on. To be honest, we know nothing of how Mewni discovered magic or how the Butterfly family obtained the . Maybe someone made a contract with Glossaryk or enslaved him somewhow

I'm not surprised. Star vs is definitely a series kid would like, it's the perfect combination of silly fun and genuine plot.

To be honest, I'm hoping Toffee is the final boss. I'll wait and see what Eclipsa has up her sleeve, but right now Toffee's just seems like the guy most suited for that role.

Something something I SHIPPED JARCO THE WHOLE TIME STARKEKS HUH HAHAHA something something.

That's what I'm expecting. If the reason why Marco's voice is really feminine when saying "We need to talk" is because of Eclipsa, then that might mean she's reaching out to Star for help.

Tried to get a fap out of it, but it was too slow and unappealing. Had to give up midway.

prior to BBTBC, starco was at 80%
most of the latter was either tomco on tumblr, or manna elswhere

>statistics are lies
every single poll had similar results, over many different sites

>Season finale livestream with Starfan13
>Starts as normal
>Momentarily drops the "act" of being the obsessive fangirl at the end
>Nefcy trying really hard not to speak in her normal voice, gives a passionate speech
>"I love Star. I love her with all my heart. I've loved her from the moment she popped into my life. But I knew she was never going to have an easy life. She'd make mistakes, she'd suffer from them, she'd make tough choices. I knew Star would face heartbreak. But I also knew Star, my Star, would do her best to come out of this. She'll get scratches, bruises, and scars as she goes through this, some of them ugly, some of them permanent. But she will pull through this, as a stronger, better person. I could see that before almost anyone else could. And I wanted to be there for her, as best I could. Because I really, truly love Star. And in a few months, she'll be back, better than ever."
>Ends with S3 release date, and a "Hope to see you there."

Well, here goes.

I find it a little glaring that they specifically mentioned that Just Friends is Star and Marco's #2 favorite song. I interpreted it as there might be some other love song that is their #1 song that the writing staff want to reveal later once Starco actually goes into full gear.

Meanwhile, Jackie's favorite song IS Just Friends, which is a stark contrast to previously mentioned. It could be foreshadowing that Jackie would be okay with being Just Friends with Marco eventually, which fits her personality.

The way I see Starco and Jarco is that if Star and Marco would be together right now, there would not be that much personal growth for the two characters, as they seem to be fine with who they are. Jackie and Marco however, it seems like Jackie has more to offer to Marco than vice versa as Marco still has a self-esteem issue that he needs to get over. She seems like basket-cases that she can use her abilities to help fix.

Star also needs to mature and learn to take responsibility in order to deal with everything that comes with being a teenager.

It would make sense for the writers to reward the viewers with Starco once the main characters develop, since at that point they would be comfortable with their feelings.

But how would they make sure Jackie isn't left out? Give her another person to fix. Who needs the most help? Tom.

timeskip would only be good to see if star ends up flat like her mother
other than that no thank you

Fuck threesomes, that leaves Hecapoo and Janna out in the cold so we need a good old fashioned orgy

I'm okay with this