Can we fucking discuss this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mVI-xVWZf3k
youtube.com/watch?v=NmpAx8Z5z40
youtube.com/watch?v=T9moJawinsc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It would appear Garfield stole Jon's pipe

>this is how plebeians view it

I'd like to raise for discussion that Jon is breaking the 4th wall in the second panel, staring directly at the reader; HOWEVER, he is not SPEAKING to the reader, but THINKING to the reader. In motion, he is simply staring at the reader.

For what purpose?

Why does he have a purple pipe? is he Prince?

The next day

We can, but wouldn't it be better to discuss this?

>what is a running gag

I actually chuckled out loud.

it's obvious even today he's a lazy cartoonist that reuses a lot of stuff. Hell Garfield's been running so long that he could probably do nothing but reuse and he never has to actually draw again.

>the background pattern levels out and the shadow behind his chair vanishes as he realises he doesn't have his pipe

What could this possibly mean?

It was Garfield's pipe all along

youtube.com/watch?v=mVI-xVWZf3k

youtube.com/watch?v=NmpAx8Z5z40

man, they make good stuff

It's a pose he used to draw often back when Garfield walked on all fours. I don't have a problem with it. A lot of strip comic artists minimalize their artwork and end up with specific poses or expressions that pop up frequently, like for example Charlie Brown screaming AAUGH towards the sky, or falling over as he fails to kick the football.

At least the panels in that picture were all individually drawn; each picture has small variations in their lineart. I find it more irritating to spot actual copy/paste panel art.

DUDE
WEED
LMAO
SO FAHNY
X MOTHERFUCKING TRIPLE D

Okay, that's a good followup.

Could Jim Davis be the third Bogdanoff twin?

>tfw the motion lines around Jon's hand as he feels around for the pipe represents more effort than has been expended on a Garfield comic for the last 20 years

>jim davis gets lazier and lazier
>stops drawing strips and just copies&pastes stuff from earlier drawings
>eventually reposting the pipe strip again and again

Actually he doesn't do anything himself at all anymore. It's his assistants that do it.

That video reminds me of something one of my teachers said, where he held up a piece of chalk and said "Can you write ten pages about this piece of chalk? Could you study this piece of chalk for a year? Or a decade? If you're creative enough, you can"

I doubt anyone has drawn anything in a long time

Like, these new ones are much darker, but this one makes me laugh way too much

youtube.com/watch?v=T9moJawinsc

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, my friend

I haven't read Garfield in ages, but when I was a kid I noticed it was his pattern: the first panel's background was a block of zip-a-tone angled down, the middle panel horizontal like this, and the last panel angled up.

Square Root of Minus Garfield has a running gag where "Garfield in 2053" is one single pose of Garfield sitting at a table, with the only thing changed being the dialogue.

you know i i wish that thep pipe in garfielfs mouth was actually jons hot dick thrusting down his throat over and over again with his manhod he shpoduld cum hot lmold asagna strings over gaorffffelds cat ass and shove newpsapper down his mew butt hole

CAT
RAGE
ROOM

The fact that these guys are so fucking determined is starting to make me wonder if Jim Davis really is some kind of artistic genius.

thick

holy fuck this is pure gold

>Garfield
>running

nigga u wot

Now where could my pipe wrench be?

Watterson once said "why would I spend all that time getting this job just to hand it off to someone else?" He took a lot of pride in his work.

I could see Adams not handing off to assistants, but I could also see him copy/pasting to be as efficient as possible.

I wonder what Jon smokes. He looks like someone who probably likes aromatics and stays away from english blends.

Jim Davis died years ago. His editors had him killed and replaced when he brought the comic to its conclusion in 1989.

Wow it's the reverse. The cat is talking to a human whos not there.