What is your obscure comic fact?

What is your obscure comic fact?

> Michael Jackson wanted to play Spider-Man in a movie so badly, he tried to buy Marvel Comics in the 1990's.

Other urls found in this thread:

moviepilot.com/posts/2605862
youtube.com/watch?v=TVxCIoKmjcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Link?

Peter Parker was molested by his babysitter before he became Spider-Man. A lot of people view the issue it was mentioned in as non-canon, but Spidey mentioned it again in a later Amazing Spider-Man issue.

The adaptation of Boy Who Collects Spider-Man would have gone down very differently.

Dr.Octopus reads Twilight.

moviepilot.com/posts/2605862

kek

There was also some villain who only showed up in a couple annuals who looked pretty damn identical to Jackson, but the name escapes me. Ace or something?

Skip was his friend not baby sitter

Michael Jackson buys Marvel Comics in the 1990's. What happens?

he tried to buy it he didn't actually buy it

user, I'm asking what would have happened if he had bought Marvel. It's a What If thread, you know.

Michael Jackson buys Marvel Comics in the 1990's. What happens?

I imagine most comics would become as wacky and weird as some early Strange comics.

That would be good.

Early 1990's (mid Perelman era) to be exact

What the fuck.

This is the kind of things that scare me away from some capes.

There was a Spidey book fairly recently, I think right before Superior, which had some really neat and weird art that kinda fits what I'd think MJ would have ended up doing, but I can't remember the name of the series for the life of me.

Michael Jackson plays Spider-Man in 1993, directed by James Cameron. The film is declared better than Tim Burton's Batman, and it's followed by a Hulk movie, with a cameo by Spider-Man, because Michael Jackson loves movies about bodies changing/transforming.

>The MJU never got a chance to exist
Imagine what kind of timeline that must be

Beautiful.

Fight Night? That was a pretty great mini.

>you will never live in a timeline where Michael Jackson bought Marvel and saved it from the nightmare hell it would become

>Marvel Jackson

I never knew how much I needed this.

BASED MJ.
He loved comic cultures, he is forever /ourguy/.

youtube.com/watch?v=TVxCIoKmjcQ

>Michael Jackson buys Marvel comics
I want to see the alternate universe where that happened. God knows, maybe it would've given us decades of actual good storytelling and Michael wouldn't have died. God, that universe must be so badass. I'll bet you it's the one where Mr. Rogers lived to be 150.

Marvel Knights Spider-Man by Matt Kindt and Marco Rudy

Marvel Jackson emeritus right behind Stan Lee.

Would Marvel have sold off licences piecemeal under Jackson leadership.

Googled it and that's definitely what I was thinking of, thanks user.

>Marvel never gets sold to Disney.
>Tearing down X-Men/FF over movie rights never happens.
>"Hero vs hero" never gets popular.
>MCU "synergy" never happens.
What a world we could have had.

Now I need to pictures of Spider-Man doing Michael Jackson dance moves.

>Tearing down X-Men/FF over movie rights never happens.
The rights wouldn't have been sold period, you idiot.

Wrong, the FF rights were sold in the 80's. Spider-man may have been earlier as well, as it shifted around studios. The other deals were all in the 90's.

FF would STILL be with that shitty german company.

>Michael Jackson playing Spider-man
Hmmmm... I can dig it

>Disney has MJ killed for threatening their stranglehold over american mental landscape

The 90s? Was he Miles-colored or Parker-colored back then?

Disney still gets it later on.