Two interviews with Jessica Henwick and Finn Jones have surfaced, I'll post the Collider one here

Two interviews with Jessica Henwick and Finn Jones have surfaced, I'll post the Collider one here.

collider.com/iron-fist-finn-jones-jessica-henwick-interview/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social#new-york

>Claire basically taking Misty's place
>Colleen addicted to fights and is a very closed person.
>Jess describes Danny as Tom Hanks in "Big".
>Danny tries to find his identity via clothing, nothing quite fits. No costume yet I guess.
Danny and Colleen are in Love?!?!

Other urls found in this thread:

empireonline.com/people/finn-jones/marvel-iron-fist-exclusive-new-look-danny-rand-action/
comicsalliance.com/iron-fist-finn-jones-white-savior-kun-lun/
buzzfeed.com/marcusjones/marvel-iron-fist-finn-jones-says-danny-rand-is-not-a-white-s?utm_term=.ibNEwY3BkL#.dq8oE3vL0y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=n-GbU25RJB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>deal with day to day problems /in love/, while having these superhero attributes.

>Do I wanna play an Asian woman who does Martial Arts and that's /a love interest/?

I'm sitting here kinda dumbfounded. I was hoping Marvel wouldn't do it, but of course they did. Luke boning Misty was bad enough, but at least he didn't romance her. How the fuck is Danny/Misty gonna work without it being awkward as fuck, once she befriends Colleen?!???

Probably won't be doing Danny and Misty as a couple.

This hurts me in ways I didn't know I had

You know how to make people even more livid, after Danny/Colleen? Not doing Danny/Misty.

Id probably stop reading or watching marvel things by my own want. I wouldn't make a big deal about it it's just after Hank and Tigra I really don't think Big Two is for me

Nobody cares about Danny and Misty. Nobody cares about shipping.

>Danny/Colleen confirmed

Well, Iron Fist shipping is now a certified MESS! Oh deary me, as if it couldn't get messier.

Then in the case of Iron Fist you might be suprised, because people have had A LOT to say.

> Claire taking Mistys place and Colleen love interest

Holy fuck why not just use Misty from the get go? Why all the changes?

Because, Luke Cage needed a cop, and I guess they thought Misty would be best, plus she's a named character. The DocD were split, and Colleen would fit IF best, on account of both being martial artists.

Danny's American-Asian, Colleen is Asian-American, an obvious connection makes sense. They're are both "perpetual foreigners", her in the traditional sense, him in a unique flipped version. Just ashame they are taking one of the only platonic f/m friends and making them romantic.

She's needs to get her arm from somewhere, and it's not gonna be Stark Industries... Dunno how and when they're gonna split Danneen, though.

Luke and Jess, I'd imagine would happen in the future, too, but he's currently percolating coffee with Claire.

Shou-Lao confirmed.

empireonline.com/people/finn-jones/marvel-iron-fist-exclusive-new-look-danny-rand-action/

They really fucked Iron Fist by relegating it to last place and then allowing the other shows to take all of his supporting cast.

Luke Cage is the worst of it, turning Misty into Luke's conquest and Scarfe into a villain.

> and I met a dragon!

>All the interviews so far have been with Finn and Jess together.

I C U Marvel.

I know at the beginning Scarfe was a good guy, didnt he turn into a villain in Shadowland?

Yeah he was a villain in Shadowland, but that was after decades of use in stories as an ally of Iron Fist and Nightwing Restorations. By making him dirty from the beginning and then killing him off in Luke Cage, they robbed Iron Fist of a potentially important character.

Just fuck my shit up senpai

If this affects the comics in any way, I'm going to be mad

they're already not a couple in the comics so I don't see why it would make a difference

>Danny/Colleen confirmed

Thank christ, the creators actually read comics other than modern shit. Fuck Misty and fuck anyone who likes her. She has NO PLACE being with Iron Fist. Colleen has been endgame from the very beginning, and I'm fucking tired of the last few decades of pants on head retardation.

We won, you stupid fucks lost. Suck my fucking dick BITCH

>MCU Synergy works it magic on the much slept upon Colleen Wing.
>She starts hanging out with Danny, again...

The only thing that would stop it is history.

True, but I guess they wanted a " dirty cop", and he has a relationship with Misty.

Asian pussy was naturally selected for white cock

Byrne preferred Danny and Misty. They've always been endgame.

Kys

Oh look, it's Sup Forums resident pressed Danneen shipper.

t. Sup Forums poster

You mean a Marvel shill.

Yeah, he would've been a great world building character.

Honestly if the Netflix shows were just Luke Cage, Iron Fist and then a Heroes for Hire team-up it would've been a lot better. Having it become the Defenders has pretty much thrown Cage/Fist/H4H lore all around.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU FUCKING LOST YOU PATHETIC LOSERS

CRY MORE

You act gets more unconvincing every time you force it.

Marvel literally does not care. They just pick names out if a hat.

Well any chance of them getting back together is extremely small

And knowing Marvel, they'll put Danny and Colleen together in the comics, and then have some drama with Misty

>Claire basically taking Misty's place

That's the worst part to me. Why not just have Misty show up instead? You could say after the events of Luke Cage, she wanted to learn more self defense so she took classes with Colleen. It writes itself.

But I guess we have to have Claire.

Project all you want, loser

I'm fucking loving this

Sometimes good things actually happen and all the sinners cry

It was all fucking worth it. Every last second. Make my day and reply again.

Honestly my two favourite marvel heroes are Spidey and Iron Fist, so after seeing what they did in Homecoming this doesn't really affect me any more.
I'm already dead.

Hey man, hey. I know this maybe a tough pill to swallow, but canonily Danny first heart-twinge and dick-twinge belong to Misty Knight. Not Colleen, but Misty!

Here I bring receipts.

You kinda remind me of Luke/Misty shippers who want them cannon on the show, and would have prefered them in the comicbook. They have grievances over Luke/Jess, which tbf is legitimate.

Danny/Misty are ENDGAME.

Anyway, you can enjoy Danny/Colleen will it lasts, while Danny/Misty shippers plan suicide notes.

They aren't endgame. Misty doesn't love Danny nearly as much as he does her. She pretty much takes advantage of him, knowing when she cheats or breaks up with him to screw someone else, he's always going to forgive her and take her back.

>No costume yet I guess.

Still doing the "We'll hold off on the costume" four Netflix shows later and in a post Civil-War world.

Okay...

>empireonline.com/people/finn-jones/marvel-iron-fist-exclusive-new-look-danny-rand-action/

>> “He comes back and says: ‘Hey, guess what? I’ve been in this place called K’un Lun for years, I’ve got this thing called the Iron Fist and I met a dragon!’ And everybody’s like, ‘What the fuck are you talking about? You’re insane.’”

Why do they keep doing this trope in a Netflix world that literally acknowledges gods and aliens every other episode?

Iron Fists's very first appearances (before his solo series) showed a very intimate connection with Colleen that has since taken a back seat to ebony fetishism, His relationship with Colleen has never degraded, and yet time and time again Danny chooses to be with Misty despite their complete lack of anything resembling chemistry.

I don't really give a shit who Luke Cage is with, but Jess or Claire are both better choices than Misty. Misty is fucking shit by every possible measure, and I'm fortunate enough that my opinions are actually correct. I feel bad for others, but I genuinely want to help you. Tell me what you need and I can take you from there to here.

>Anyway, you can enjoy Danny/Colleen will it lasts, while Danny/Misty shippers plan suicide notes.
Believe me, I will and I am.

>Mfw I know you're right.

I want them together, but there's so much work to be done. The whole "Tyrone King" situation should never have been done. Christopher Priest pretty much said he didn't want that to happen or the Danny cancer thing, but was mandated to, he tried to "fix" it with the re-con.

>and, now Misty's a rape victim.

Why the fuck did that have to do that to a stable couple!?

It's never been the same since. :(

This is why Mistyfags need help. You're in an abusive ship. You need to get off NOW or it will only get worse.

You want Danny/Misty, but you need Danny/Colleen. You need stability, intimacy, and lifelong friendship.

I can help you change your life around, but you have to take the first step. You have to admit your sins before I can forgive you. You have to ask for help before I can do so.

All you have to do is ask. Come on, man.

This sounds like the Beginner """"contrarian"""" pack, did you write your posts yourself or did someone else do it for you?

This is the same person doing the Ewing thread doing this isn't it.

This looks bad.

Also, can someone please make me understand why shipping has become such a big thing on Sup Forums in the past two or three years?

Some anons are just bored and need to liven up the board a bit.

tumblr invasion

Why the fuck would I want to be contrarian? The best thing possible has finally happened and all of you retards are crying. Do you have any idea how good this feels? Do you have fucking clue how satisfying it is to see justice? Take your shit tier fetish elsewhere, faggot. The only contrarian is you.

You're not very good at this are you?

>forced, fake anger
>baby's first buzzwording

Yeah, you're not """contrarian""" all right.

Ha. I guess we are opposite then, one of the reasons I like Danny and Misty so much /is/ because of how different they are. Thing is they always breakup, but they always get back together. Like a couple of yo-yos. They need to find the essence that keeps drawing them to one another, but analyse the thing(s) that break them apart, and work on them. Danny and Colleen seem like brother and sister to me, and especially now, that ship wouldn't sail.

>Ebony fetishism
Is that what you're saying when a (rich) white guy's with a black woman? And, if you said You've got an "Asian fetish", and just wanted Colleen to get the draws because of that.

There's a commentator on an Iron Fist podcast that hates Misty, and Danny/Misty, but he /also/ doesn't want Danny/Colleen to happen, because they are friends. One of the only platonic m/f friendships in comics, and it would be weird. It's not always either or.

One thing, though I would like to see Danny and Colleen hangout more/again. She was his first friend!

First friend that didn't get devoured by carnivorous plant people, anyway

You're describing an unhealthy and uninteresting mutually abusive relationship that is only maintained for the sake of the ship.

Danny and Colleen are best friends, yes. This is why they are endgame. Anyone who says friendship and relationship must be separated clearly has neither.Opposites do NOT attract, and pairing opposites together is, again, fetishism. Colleen and Danny know each other more than anyone, and they share more experience. They were quite literally created for each other. Misty is an intruder. And affront. She was only created to feign progressivism in decades past, and has no value as a character. When a character's primary (and sole) trait is "badass", then it's a shit character. And she's ruined nearly every Iron Fist story she's been a part of.

Who was the first, again?

>niggerlovers getting btfo at every turn

what a time to be alive

Conal, his friend from K'un Lun and his half-sister's boyfriend.

He was to be punished for teaching his girlfriend how to fight, which was forbidden for women, so they both fled the city and got captured by the H'ylthri.

I was in the middle of drafting a reply, where I talked about them at length, and where I agree with you regarding their relationship. But, it seems you are less angry over how not traditional healthy Danny/Misty is, and instead pissed a white guy had the audacity to fall in love with a black woman and not the Asian woman. I assume this is you? I think we'll just agree to disagree and I'll probably save my post for another time.

I can't blame him, Asian women and white men were made for each other.

Cheers, thought I was forgetting someone. Are him and Miranda still even canon, or is it like some things Iron Fist, where its whether the writer wants to mention it?

They returned in Iron Fist vol. 3 where it's revealed that they didn't actually die and required H'yltheri nutrients to live so worked as their human agents. Conal dies at the end of the story, Miranda lives but hasn't actually appeared since then.

The problem with the story is that it ignores Power Man and Iron Fist issue 75, where Danny goes back to K'un-Lun, learns that Miranda is his half-sister and finds both of their corpses. He also treats Joy Meachum antagonistically, despite being friends with her as of Power Man and Iron fist. I'd have to assume that the writer had skimmed through Iron Fist's original solo series but never read PM/IF.

>But, it seems you are less angry over how not traditional healthy Danny/Misty is, and instead pissed a white guy had the audacity to fall in love with a black woman and not the Asian woman
Reading his post that's not what I get. Maybe you need to put aside your fetishes and look at facts.

How are they gonna make Colleen/Misty seem "fresh" as it were? It could seem like they are treading the same ground.

>Teaches her Kung-Fu, afte trauma
>Forms sisterly bond

I guess, they'll find a way.

Heh. Probably, seems people just pick and choice, when it comes to Iron Fist. Thanks for the info. I'll try to read.

What the fuck are you talking about? Could you stop projecting meming and just talk like a normal human being? Not everything is a race war.

Kinda called this. Say hello to a multi-ethnic K'un-Lun!

comicsalliance.com/iron-fist-finn-jones-white-savior-kun-lun/

As much as I understand why they did it part of me is disappointed, because it takes the "visual outsider" element away from him. I just suppose they'll just emphasise the cultural stuff. Danny's never been the "archetypical white saviour", but people without a chill, and those that didnt care to research accused him of such, so much so that's all anyone wanted to talk about. Its ashame.

>Those people that were saying the campaign to race-bend Danny wouldn't effect Marvel were kidding themselves.

Oh, and I assume the other characters joining episode eight will be Shang-Chi and White Tiger.

I know they're hoping the anger will quell itself, for some it will, others however will double down dramatically. The hate has already been imprinted onto Iron Fist...

>other characters joining episode eight

I'm thinking Davos will be the mid season villain like Diamondback

What?

This is a Marvel thread, you idiot.

exactly why I'm not watching any of this shit

I can definitely see Davos being the mid-point villain, once Meachum is defeated.

>Multi-ethnic K'un-Lun

I think that explains why Davos maybe Indian. It's not as though he hasn't "changed" races before. He looked Slavic earlier on.

>That moment when the audience knows Misty won't be Iron Fist @ the NYCC panel, and they groan.

This just seems /a lot/ more awkward in hindsight.

>People shitting on Danny's actor and that Simone should play opposite Zhou's
>People saying they aren't right, because of they "look odd" together.
>People telling others not to worry about the "Mellow Yellow/Mighty Whitey" trope, because Colleen and Danny have never shared that dynamic and have never been romantically involved.

I'm semi-preparing myself for shit to hit the fan, come 3/17/17.

That shoulldve told them something right there. Why does Marvel hate that pairing so much?

shippers are cancer

Why did they even bring that up if they were doing this shit?

Gonna say I'm impressed by how Finn Jones handled himself in this interview. He address the issue of more diversity in media, and also Asian-American frustrations regarding Iron Fist. (Which a lot of people arguing for canon Danny dismiss.) He seems to really understand Danny and how he's not a "white saviour", and pretty much the opposite. It was frustrating to me explaining Danny as a fan, let a lone as the lead actor. He handled the question with aplomb. I'm quite excited to see him as Danny, and I hopeful he'll do an excellent job.

buzzfeed.com/marcusjones/marvel-iron-fist-finn-jones-says-danny-rand-is-not-a-white-s?utm_term=.ibNEwY3BkL#.dq8oE3vL0y

They didnt Loeb was just hyping the second of Daughters of the Dragon, befor bring Jessica.
See around 4:30.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=n-GbU25RJB4

They should replace Misty with Claire for maximum kek

user pls no