>the most chill of them all

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x03M4K-fHTw
youtube.com/watch?v=8cynjF3Pxr8
youtube.com/watch?v=StBr88EAr0E
indiewire.com/2017/02/adventure-time-ending-cartoon-network-1201785332/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jake was hilarious in Wheels.

jake was a nu-male. his dialogue was written by nu-males. every time he tries to lecture finn in those relatively newer episodes its awful. i fuckking hate when beta male hipsters call things "gross". so cucked in such a deep way.

Yeah it was great when he let Lady Rainicorn cut him out of his kids lives when they magically grew up super fast and all resent the shit out of him.

Please leave.

>uses the term "nu-male"

Virgin please leave

This guy has a point.
This guy is a retard

He's a terrible dad but still makes the effort to connect with his kids.
I like him for that.

She didn't cut him off though. The kids literally grew to adulthood within an incredibly short period of time.
Jake even jokes they might even be as old as he is, when he comes back home.

The Diary was a top-notch episode

>they all resent him
>let's gloss over all of the episodes in which the kids express their appreciation and care for Jake
I think TV is the only one who hasn't done that, but even then they had a whole together.
Also TV is the shittiest kid anyhow

Fact: There needs to be more fanart of Jake's kids.

Jake is pretty cool, I wish they showed more of Jake and Lady's relationship (not focused on their boring kids for once) just to get a better feel for what Jake's romantic side is like when he isn't trying to give Finn lady advice.

I don't think we need to see more of Jake's romantic side
youtube.com/watch?v=x03M4K-fHTw

>implying shit like that wasn't wonderful
I'm surprised those fuckers don't have more kids at this point.

But I mean like, I feel like we don't know that much about Jake and Lady's relationship, well other than the fact that they like to bang a lot. I think the only reason the show has explicitly detailed why Lady likes Jake is because he makes her feel like a genius. It's such a shame that they never got much development, and when the kids showed up their relationship was even further shoved off to the sidelines.

the puppies are honestly the only reason I still keep in touch with the show. I don't know why, it interests me a lot more then the shit show they play regularly

John DiMaggio has played better husbands.

Yeah, now that I think about it I have to agree.
We did get an episode solely about Lady R and how she came to Ooo. Who's to say they won't make an ep about how she and Jake met?

They're good kids.

What is his endgame?

>First episode with Prismo
>Jake is suddenly an idiot who wishes for a sandwich and needs Prismo to spell out what he should do
I usually love Jake, but he was annoying in this one.

To be the coolest guy around and an overall bro.

That's actually a good question. It wouldn't surprise me if Finn and Jake go separate ways at the end. ;_;

>john dimaggio plays a lovable sidekick

I love it

I remember thinking the same thing, they could have framed it more that Jake was freaking out and literally unable to calmly think other than just being dumb.

See Finn get laid with a qt and then retiring from adventuring and having kinky sex with Lady until he dies at the rip old age of 20 (in dog years).

It's like you forgot the time he was in a dungeon and was asked what weapon he desired, and he chose a sandwich.
Jake's consistently been unfocused. Plus he had faith in Finn's decision and wanted to see how it would ride out.

Jake's love of sandwiches is incredibly consistent

I need more of her now

His 20s are already dead

>those parts in season 1 where Jake would go out of his way to protect Finn from getting fucked up by monsters, or when Finn was feeling down Jake would give him a pep talk and get Finn's spirits soaring again
S1 Jakey was best Jakey, was an actaul brother to Finn instead of the dudebro he was in every subsequent season.

Still cool, just not as cool.

Did he make his penis into a bike?

he's still really caring of Finn, but I can see where you're coming from.

This fucking image man.

The way they're dealing with Jake's aging is really weird.
I desperately hope the show doesn't go out of its way to show like a fast forward of the future where Finn is an old man and Jake is still kicking with him, like in Dungeon Train. That would just be silly and Jake dying at a time where Finn isn't already like 30 would be a big character developing moment for Finn, and it would be lame if that juicy tragedy gets skipped over because the writers don't want things to be too sad.

I felt like Finn and Jake had the best chemistry in season 1.
Look at this golden shit
youtube.com/watch?v=8cynjF3Pxr8

Well he ain't a dog, he's a magical alien hybrid.
Who knows how long he can live for.

>Lady Rainicorn cut him out of his kids
She didn't. the kids left to live on their own. They are the one who seek for independence (except TV).

Maaaan fuck that, I'll be so annoyed if they only added that BS backstory so they can pull a sappy ending out of their ass. Let Jake die dawg, would be way better character-wise.

Oh my fucking god this was so goddamned ace.
I'm also remembering all the terrible advice Jake gave Finn, like when Finn wanted to go to the movies with PB.

>Just don't scream! Don't scream.
>What?
>*drowning*
man I totally forgot this episode, what a fucking classic. I loved Finn's terror rhyming and Jake repeatedly getting his bread and butter massacred.

season 1 Finn and Jake really did have a fun bond.

Dude, young Finn voice.

>AT is going to end next year
>STILL
>NO FUCKING FINN/JAKE BACKSTORY EPISODE
>NOT EVEN A COMIC OR SOMETHING
Jesus Christ Adventure Time why, such an interesting area to explore but they care so little.

real good stuff

>That small hint of bush/fluff right in her pelvic region

I don't think that's something that needs a backstory.

You do realize that it is thanks to this attitude that he became friend with Prsimo, thus literally allowing to save the day and not be screwed by his own wish, right?

Jake played like a king, there.

You kidding me dude? It's the one part of the show that has the most questions left at this point, even Bubblegum and Marceline's past have been given more screentime.

We have no idea what their family life was like or how their parents died, lots of room to move there. I guess it doesn't need backstory but they've dedicated episodes to backstory that is a lot less important than the childhood of the two main characters.

What's your favorite shapeshifting joke?

youtube.com/watch?v=StBr88EAr0E

Backstory?

Do you not know their origins by now?
They grew up together and shit for fucks sake what else do you want?

Wow thanks for that explanation faggot, that told me everything I needed to know.

an episode where they're about 6-8 and goofing off around their house. Like the comics sorta did with Gata

>not wanting to see Joshua teaching his baby Finn how to hold swords and shit
would be a bowl of fun dude, I'd much rather that over some shit like Lady Rainicorn's backstory or something

You may be in luck, was just reading this
indiewire.com/2017/02/adventure-time-ending-cartoon-network-1201785332/

>Osborne also mused on the possibility of a prequel spin-off featuring Joshua and Margaret Investigations, the husband-and-wife dog team revealed as Jake’s parents in early flashbacks. (Osborne does the voice for Joshua.) But he also acknowledged that the show’s popularity would be tough to replicate. “My first job was on ‘SpongeBob Squarepants,’ but then I went to a show that wasn’t as good and people were like, ‘You were really lucky that first time.’ You never really know when something’s going to be a phenomenon.”

At least shows they're still thinking about it.

he's a shape shifter with no mass restriction, his entire body is his penis.
so technically, Yes.

everything jake did in that ep was gold

theres a restriction

this was shown in like season 1 in the limit when they go in that labyrinth

Oh, god. This article was somehow painful to rad because of the inaccuracy

Can't wait to see what Jake really is.