DC's best book has bad sales numbers

>DC's best book has bad sales numbers

Explain yourselves Sup Forums, why isn't this in your pull list?

Other urls found in this thread:

www74.zippyshare.com/v/7SUjoen2/file.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Priest_(comics)#Bibliography
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm picking it up in trade.

Because my pull list is only 8 books and I'm poor.

Which 8?

I ordered the trade

I don't like Slade very much. And I had difficulty following events in the first few issues. I did purchase that issue, though.

>Superman
>Aquaman
>Justice League
>Detective Comics
>Wonder Woman
>The Flash
>Green Lanterns
>Suicide Squad

To be fair though I have been considering dropping Suicide Squad or Justice League for Deathstroke.

Based Priest! The best comic book writer in the Big Two by far! I hope that DC make him exclusive! Deathstroke is amazing so far. I wish that it had more attention from the comic book readership.

Justice League is super blah

Last two issues have been decent, so I haven't dropped it yet since the book may be turning a corner. Only time will tell if Hitch can tighten up his run but the last issue set the stage for what could be an entertaining arc.

This is kind of my view on Justice League as well.

I definitely enjoy that Hitch tells big stories, but his writing could definitely be tighter. Though I honestly believe Justice League is kind of a White Elephant for writers. Only Grant Morrison has ever made Justice League a must read.

Well its among the flagship books and usually has the most popular characters in it, keeping track of the continuity they all bring to the table and devising stories were every member of the league matters must be pretty hard.

>the most popular characters in it

Then why is Cyborg there? His book sells like ass and its not like its any good either.

>Deathstroke (2011) #11 - 17,107
>Deathstroke (2014) #11 - 31,121
>Deathstroke (2016) #11 - 28,625
The new series is selling better than the New 52 one and almost as well as the DCYou one which had Tony S. Daniel on art and writing it.

You should actually read it. It's surprisingly been pretty decent. And you know why he's in it, because he's more well known to casual fans than Martian Manhunter.

pic unrelated right ?

>You should actually read it. It's surprisingly been pretty decent.

I have read it, its super cringey and one note. Last issue was an improvement but my God there has been a lot of awful shit in the prior issues.

> And you know why he's in it, because he's more well known to casual fans than Martian Manhunter.

I was being facetious but really its because he is black, has nothing to do with MM being less popular in the mainstream. If MM was black and Cyborg wasn't then MM would be in the league still. That or Vixen or Black Lightning would be in the league.

It's not King's Batman

If you read it, you'd know how good it is.

he wrote an actually non-shitty anti-gun violence PSA

>Deathstroke 11
www74.zippyshare.com/v/7SUjoen2/file.html

or John Stewart like they did with JL/JLU

>or John Stewart like they did with JL/JLU

I'd suggest John but they already have 2 Lanterns in the league, 3 would be too many IMO. Besides he has got his own thing in HJ & TGLC now.

Because I think Deathstroke is a boring character and don't care for Priest's writing.

I have no interest in Deathstroke as a character. I'd prefer a Creeper book honestly. Who's this Priest guy writing it? What else has he done?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Priest_(comics)#Bibliography

His run on Black Panther is regarded as one of BP's best

Don't worry user three good books out of eight isn't bad.

Drop both and get Deathstroke and New Super-Man.

I trade wait. Floppies are a meme.

New Super-Man is better

>two issues makes you pull the rest of the series even though the rest is bad
>lacking any serious critical judgment skills
this is why all the good comics get cancelled

Just the way it is.

I might. Then again, if I drop two bi weekly books and pick up deathstroke and new super man I coud probably get RHATO too.

I'd say Tec, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Green Lanterns and The Flash have all been good but the weakest out of those have been Flash and Wonder Woman.

I originally followed it for SS vs JL and was planning it on dropping it after that, but the last two issues have made me re-consider.

rebirth cyborgs pretty great so far

I'd do that, those three books are great.

I really don't care about DeathStroke.

Drop JL or WW and pick up Deathstroke ya goddamn pleb.
If you really love those two books you can trade wait, both of them are safe from cancellation/creative shake-ups.

Wonder Woman is pretty good like 70% of the time though. My problem is the past story line is pretty good but the present one is really hit or miss.

>Deathstroke
>good
here you go, you'll only need one tho

I don't think it's bad either desu. I started trade waiting on it because the slow ass pacing was giving me cancer.

the problem with the present one is that they clearly want to tie WW into the Manhattan-ing but either they won't tell Rucka what's up or they won't let him hint at it

Getting Steve being operator as fuck was pretty boss though

I don't have the patience for trading waiting, otherwise I'd just follow a couple niche books and get TPB of the safe ones I'm interested in. And ever since some books started to double ship I am starting to favor them more because of said impatience.

Like half of the present day issues have decent to good but the fact that according to solicitations this book will still have 2 storylines into at least May worries me. Rucka needs to wrap this shit up.

angry mousketeer is angry

because I hate the fill in artist they get whenever Pagulayan isn't on art duties so I drop the book like it was hot trash. If you get fill in artists for a series atleast make sure that they're just as good as the main artist or can copy the main artist style as close as possible without it looking like a cheap imitation.

I read the first few issues and had no fucking clue what was happening so I dropped it.

It might be my failing, but I bet a lot of people found the same thing.

I would have picked up Rucka's Rebirth run from the get-go if he didn't just throw Azzarello's run under the bus and shove his pre52 continuitiy down readers throats instead like some asshole who loves the smell of his own farts.

Slade just isn't an interesting character outside of being able to beat Batman.

His book is interesting because of how fucked up he is and how dysfunctional his family is because of him. Admittedly not everyone is going to be interested in that so I can see why some people are bored by it.

Hate the character, and don't like wasting a talented writer on him.

Though I am happy for Priest since apparently he's wanted to write him for some time.

Last issue was fucking insane.

Also, here are some normie reactions to Deathstroke fucking his son's fiancée

>Deathstroke

>best

You funny guy. It's a fine book, but I wouldn't put it that high.

It doesn't have bad sales. It has better than expected sales honestly. I know Deathstroke has his characterfags, but I didn't see them keeping his numbers around the same level with doubleshipping. Figured he'd be below 20k by now with Cyborg.

Outside of Deathstroke fans, I never heard anyone says Deathstroke was the best DC's book.

I'd imagine that the people looking for a traditional "Deathstroke hunts people" book might be put off by the "24 meets MGS" style of book that Priest has been writing

I've heard that Rose is in this book. Is she written well? Someone in a thread the other day said Priest said in an interview he wanted her and Nightwing to hook up, I guess to piss of Deathstroke, but DC nixed the idea because she was too young. Anyone know the interview?

I believe what Priest said in the interview is that he had a plan for her but because of the age they couldn't do it. I don't have a link but I don't think it mentioned Dick and whoever posted that is probably speculating just based on the fact that it is canon that he trained her.

She did have an arc and has shown up some since then. I haven't read much with her before (to the point where I didn't even know before this book that she was a precog) so I can't judge whether it was in character. I enjoyed it though.

The guy Rose is staying with in the series, not sure if it said he was her boyfriend, was named Richard. Maybe not a coincidence.

People who care about good writing rather than characterfagging.

I wonder if they shut down read comics, would comic sales improve or would people just stop reading comics

That's kind of what I mean though. I think those people have largely stuck around since the numbers haven't dipped below what you'd expect. Proud of them tbqh for not going full NOT MUH and dropping it.

then they'd read New Super-Man

That's their defends. I mean you can say I'm an official comics critique and no one can't prove me wrong.

Exactly like deathstrokefags claimed they "care" about good writing instead of characterfagging.

I think they'd probably just stop. It's not as if people only pirate because they're cheap.

It's possible to read both, you know. I do it regularly.

>why isn't this book on your pull list
Because I don't really care for Deathstroke as the main focus of a story, he's a cool guy, sure, but no one I want to read about constantly.

I'm not being tricked into reading another pretentious edgy book like Omega Men

I'm not a Deathstroke fan and I don't read much DC in general, but I gave this a shot for Priest and it's pretty fucking good so far.

Because, as you see from a lot of posts in this thread, capeshit is plagued by characterfags, who won't read anything unless it has their favourite characters in it.

>All DC titles

Well you said you were poor but forgot to mention you have shit taste in books too.

What would you put above it

But it is

The simple answer is the average person doesn't care about Deathstroke solo.

Will pick up the trade and I cant afford to add anything to my pull

>tfw buying two issues of New Super-Man, Deathstroke and Green Lanterns and giving one to a friend I'm getting into comics

Such is the life of the rich and the famous

>IvX still selling
>Marvel still not bankrupt

Following comic numbers is suffering OP, better not to think about it

Why aren't you reading any of the Young Animal stuff?
Nightwing is amazing too. Imo ditch your entire pull list for Nightwing, Deathstroke, and Young Animal

Also New Super-Man

>Nightwing is amazing too
I wish.

The fill in IS as good as Pagulayan... which isn't saying much, this books deserves better art. The Cowan issue(11) look awesome though. The two Cary Nord ones looked like straight ass crap.

>not putting Bagenda on this

Fuck you, DC. Incompetent fucking publisher.

What makes Deathstroke book so good?

Morally ambiguous characters, multiple plot lines juggled effectively, maximum keikkau dori, great family drama, deep characters, no monologueing. Although Deathstroke has been mostly used as a shitty "appear, kick ass, get ass kicked, leave" with no character for the better for 20 years this title really delves into what the character is and I find that interesting. As Priest said
>Slade is someone that wants to love and be loved but is incapable of either.
And I find this dynamic very different from the usually cookie cutter action comics going on right now.

Priest understand Slade and his history, so the dialogues and his interactions with his friend, family and enemies are always on point.
The story is obviously well planned, with subplots that tie nicely in the main one and show how Deathstroke influences the people around him.
Also this book has pic related, who is the best new character introduced in the last few years

for me its because the story is so substantial, there is so many things happening in the forefront and background its like a heavy breakfast, it feels like I have my money's worth.

I too love the [Color] [Large Cat], he is my favorite [Ruler of Small African Country]

He is a completely original character marvlefag

Are you talking about The liberator of Buredunia Osagyefo Redeemer, Conqueror of Rivers, The Unbowed, Defender of faith, his excellency --Ja Zaki, THE RED LION!?

It sells well at my LCS

I hope trades sell really fucking well.

you're fighting the good fight, user

It's more a trade-friendly book.

I does not work until the arc is finished. The first arc was bad until I read all of it at once.

I'm not a Deathstroke fan, but this is a really well written book, and I actually like most of the artists. However, I don't really love villain books, so that's why I'm not pulling it.

Bagenda's art would contrast with others too much during a bi weekly run. Should've been the GA art team.

Yeah, book has been great but my main concern is that noone really cares for Deathstroke, wish I can afford to pull the floppies tho. Did not expect Deathstroke to be good, kinda regretting it.

You're talking about DC's best book but I don't see RHaTO in this thread

anything sells better than that liefield abomination

The GA team have very different styles, especially the tie ins. Bagenda and Evely would've made a great team and with Fajardo coloring both the difference in art styles would not be that great. The Nord issues looked vastly different from the rest of the Deathstroke issues, even the layouts were super different.

You should honestly drop justice league, suicide squad, and wonder woman. Pick up Deathstroke and Red Hood

MM is black coded though

bump

I hope the upcoming Lazarus Contract will help boost sales