Hey guys, what do you think of this Garfield comic?

Hey guys, what do you think of this Garfield comic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s9K_3NP2MgE
youtube.com/watch?v=KgmoMO66uPg
joshmillard.com/garkov/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hahaha oh Garfield that's Jon's pipe hahaha you rascal

How many times will we have this thread today?

youtube.com/watch?v=s9K_3NP2MgE

I miss when memes were funny and creative, and people hated them because they were repeated so often, but they were repeated willingly by a ton of people who thought they were funny, and actually made dozens of creative variations on each one

then someone decided memes were shit, so BIG SURPRISE only shitty people still make them, and just spam them endlessly identically for no reason

I never thought I would feel nostalgic for the 2000's internet.

fuck even in 2010-11 we were having a lot of fun on Sup Forums before fun was banned

shit, remember Doctor Cat?

>the Jimmy Neutron/O Entertainment memester transcended to Garfield jokes

youtube.com/watch?v=KgmoMO66uPg

Mandatory video

Oh please, don't bring Lasagna Cat into a meme spotlight.
Please, I have never asked anything of you.

It was there ages ago, dude.

>G-gee, I hope Lasagna Cat doesn't become a meme!
You need to be 18 to post here

>the absolute state of new Sup Forums

Somehow that's even creepier than the original Miracleman one.

Consider that the first panel speaks directly to the reader.
Not even that, in fact, it speaks FROM the reader. The original experience, as first intended, was that the reader themselves be holding a newspaper, thus putting themselves in Jon's position.
In one panel, this set-up engages a self reflection in its audience. Unfocused from true meaning, we lose ourselves (or a pipe perhaps?) in a distraction (like a newspaper). When Jon asks "Where could my pipe be?", we ourselves are asking "Who am I? Where is my purpose?"
Jon's self, his purpose, his pipe, is with Garfield, as he is but a character in a comic and Garfield is his purpose. But I ask, for us all, will our own answers be as simple as a cat smoking a pipe?
The possibilities are both spectacular and terrifying.

I feel like i'm missing something.

Are you red-green colorblind? Because that could be why

May favorite parts are when he casually mentions doing totally insane obsessive stuff pertaining to the one strip.

Personally I like the parts with the cat biologist and plumber. I burst out laughing when he mentioned he had a pocket-sized clip of the strip in his wallet.

>I wrote to the paper, pages upon pages, pleading them to just keep printing this one strip, over and over. It would be medative I thought.

This user is trapped inside a rage-room. Please send him some help.

Thank you Dim Javis

YOU'VE CREATED A CAT RAGE ROOM FOR ME, JON

I ATE THOSE FOOD

Now where could my pipe wrench be?

this one's actually funny

Garfield M.D
"its not monday."

Give me a garfield strip, any strip, and I will break it down for you.

joshmillard.com/garkov/

But what does it mean?

Mosquitoes get more aggressive each year

In this strip, Davis deals with the immaterial, and the way in which we as humans have come to realize our own form.

The "phone" is really a representation of the material world - a flaccid, addictive device that sits plainly on the countertop, acting as a weight for own's body and soul.

The buzzing coming from Jon's bowels is really the crying of a higher meaning and the power of the immaterial in a world of distractions and selfishness.

Overall, not Davis's best work, but still a noteworthy addition to the epic saga.

literally me

I guess Jon got tired of feeling alone.

I love you. also I dont even know if that strip is real

but I'll also use this post to say those videos were fucking amazing.

>the baby blinking
Oh fuck.

It's real

ah fuck, strategic editing; NICE.

CAT BRUSH

AND I DON'T LIKE IT

Such a time literally never existed

A ham sandwich, an apple and some potato chips in a bag. I also had a soda.

the fuck kind of phone is square like that?

>I miss when memes were funny and creative
I love how Sup Forums created almost all memes and when other sites mention them, Sup Forums hates those memes right away.
So far Pepe and Gondola are some of the few ones that are still safe.

See, a meme starts as this thing called a "joke." Jokes are funny. People love a good joke. Once a joke reaches memetic status, it has long since worn out its potential for humor, and thus becomes annoying.

meme is literally a forced joke.

Sup Forums never had any quality to it, it was literally a hub for pedos who forced jokes on each other to seem like human beings.

The last panel needs to have the smiling Jim Davis face in it

I gotta say, that was funny

Yes, my Brother. That was beautiful.

Up to the part with him discussing things with the veterinarian, pure kino