Has anyone tried moviepass? And is it worth it?

Has anyone tried moviepass? And is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.benzinga.com/article/10774017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't really wanna pay £30 for a can of Coke.

Here in NYC it has been.
>cineplex is $15 per ticket
>kinoplex is $11 per
Watched a movie most weeks that I've had it so far.

What? It says $10 a month to watch 1 movie a day at any cinema

I use it. It's definitely worth it. If you're even thinking about it then sign up now because it takes at least 4-6 weeks to get your card. The $10/month price is going to go up next summer so take advantage while you can.

Sounds too good to be true. Cinemas are dying because tickets are so fucking expensive.

I use it once or twice a week. No hassle. Gives me a reason to get out of the house more often and experiment on films I wouldn't normally risk going to. It's good for seasons when all the big films are out. Downside is, it takes over a month for it to print. Customer support is non-existent. You can't check into the movie unless you're within 300 yards of the theater.

Beyond that, sneak in snacks or eat dinner before you go. I personally get a lot of value out of it since tickets are on average 12.00 for 2D where I live anyway, so just going to 1 movie a month pays for itself.

it's ridiculously worth it, even if you only see a couple movies the entire year

It technically is, but it's not a long-term deal for them. As for having the pass, if you plan to see enough movies, the price is what it is. The only catch is, you need to check in
>within something like 50 yards of the theater
>within 30 minutes of the showtime

Yeah, I think I will. Can you prebook movies?

That sucks if you want to book a movie from home. Hope they fix it in the future

No
If you want to watch Star Wars or some other capeshit on release day you're fucked with moviepass

E-tickets let you reserve the day of the showing and pick a seat. Very few theaters (at least around me) support e-tickets. They're trying to get more.

You can check in on the app and walk into a kiosk, print your ticket and walk in. You never even have to talk to anyone. It's great.

No, you have to be within 300 yards. I even tried a GPS spoofer. Doesn't work. Even still, why would you ever want to go opening night with all the mouth breathing popcorn farters?

Definitely worth it

>2017
>going to the movie theater

gross

The bottom left was brawl in cell block 99

>Waiting 6 months to watch a movie
Nah, id rather pay $10 and watch films on day 1. Not risking some mouth breather spoil a film i havnt watched

I've seen 8 films in my first month so far, mostly in NYC where tickets are like $15 a piece. Given that I'm only paying $10 a month and I'm also getting AMC/Regal rewards points, I've already justified my first year or so of subscription fees. Moviepass is god tier.

they say autistic children have a problem with patience

I bought a pass in mid September and still haven't received it. I just want to use the fuckin thing at least once before the company gets sued into oblivion.

Whatever you say. I'll be getting moviepass because i actually enjoy going to the cinema

I've been using it a couple months and honestly not worth it because every movie these days is shit and not worth leaving your house to go watch, even if it's free.

I've rarely gone to actual theaters and a big part of that is def the price issue but there's other factors too. Like a lot of the time you just want to be personally immersed and comfy in what you want to watch and also be able to pause it to pee and stuff.

>sued into oblivion
For what?

I heard today on cnbc that they're launching a subscribtion service similar to netflix in the near future. I don't think they'll be going away anytime soon.

Yep, it's huge. I've seen 7-8 films within 3 months and still gonna see 2-3 more this month, all for $30. Super convenient and you can rack up rewards points for merch and crap.

Ah yes, let's marvel at the ascetic, in whose patience and grace true kinographic appreciation resides. Similarly, I wait an additional year after films are made available for home viewing before i shall partake in their exhibition.

So, when the other shoe drops, what will it look like? Price increase to $12, $15? I'd do $12, $15 maybe. There will be months of nothing good in the Flickoplex, but i guess it'll be balanced out by more fertile months.

>I've seen 7-8 films within 3 months
film embryos need not apply

What exactly was the punchline you were trying for? It only works at the megaplex, and those were the only movies worth seeing. Also, to reply, click on the post number on the top right.

Probably when they introduce the streaming service. Streaming service line netflix and theatres for $17 a month or so sounds fair.

I've used it a few times and was easy to set up, but you're still getting hosed at the concession stand the more you go. I gotta find a good way to sneak food and drink in.

>Probably when they introduce the streaming service.
What is this, I hadnt heard of it?

>you're still getting hosed at the concession stand the more you go.
No, you are. Concessions are optional. You don't have to waste your money on that shit.

>"It may be that at some point we may launch a streaming service,” Lowe said during a late-afternoon interview on CNBC.

m.benzinga.com/article/10774017

F

January - Oscar nominations
February - empty besides Oscar wins
March - quiet
April - maybe a Blockbuster late in the month
May - beginning of blockbusters
June - more blockbusters, independent movies are exclusive to festivals
July - busiest month of the year
August - leftovers from July and some studio films
September - releases after a festival run, some horror
October - same as September with few classic movie events
November - one or two big studio releases
December - Oscar nominations if you're lucky, dozens of independent movies

Don't agree with that. I think releases are completely random

Why can't i watch starwars using moviepass?!

Well there are some factors like city size and country but the dates on blockbusters and awards season movies are concrete.

>t. film embryo who only watches "big" movies

"On release day"

He means that since you can't preorder tickets, it will be difficult/impossible to see extremely popular films (star wars) on release day/weekend.

I typically avoid opening weekends for those movies so that I get a less crowded theater, so it doesn't matter to me. Moviepass has been amazing. My local cinema charges $11 per ticket and I've been seeing 3-4 movies a month.

Oh right, as long as i can watch my cape shit a few days later, i have no problem. Avoid big crowds that way

he's just talking about pre-orders. You can only buy a ticket without 30 minutes of the movies start time. I live in a small town so not really a problem, saw a matinee of Thor on opening day and were only 5 people in the theater.

Not really. Also I used my mp card to watch Lanthimos, Varda, and Haynes.

Anyone get in trouble here? I went every day for like a month, then they changed the TOS. And I got scared.

I got like 100k points free at Regal. I want to start it again because I feel there is no way a company with like 30 employees will realize if one of the 600,000 subscribers are going every day but not actually watching the films

Why would you go everyday and not watch films?

How do you get points and stuff?

Eventually they're going to notice that you're violating the no-singles policy and kick you out. If it's busy you can get away with her by standing close to a female stranger so they think you're together, but you can't do that everyday.