/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Poor Little Fulcrum Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Aftermath: Empire's End (February 21)
Rebels 3.15: Through Imperial Eyes (February 25)

>Rebels 3.14: " Trials of the Darksaber
mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w

>Rebels Recon: Legacy of Mandalore
youtube.com/watch?v=KPtdpmKvEwE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GuGwmbfQ5SI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope we get a short novel or comic where Snoke kills token black chick Thrawn

I love this movie, but (other than TFA of course) it's probably just the worst SW movie, just because it bangs up agaisnt George's self proclaimed weakness- writing.
However, I speak not of the dialogue, which I love, but the plotting.
It would have been hard for anyone to do, but I think George fumbles with moving the pieces logically in place for ANH.
Other than Anakin's fall/Sheev's rise, which was, in my very humble opinion, very well done, a lot of the LITTLE events in the back half of the film just feel inorganic.
Yoda's fight/"defeat" and R2 not getting a memory wipe/not telling Luke about..anything (biggest issue by far) come to mind. Other things like "lost the will to live", while perfectly functional in a mythological sense, feel like easy ways out.
And other little things like Leia remembering her mother (again, when taken LITERALLY "beautiful.. but sad." "she died when I was very young" "just.. images really") it makes sense, but it just feels a little contrived.
Same with things like "you served my father in the clone war" "I thought I could instruct him just as well as Yoda" "The Jedi master who instructed me" (those last two are more general PT issues) etc...

BUT, so much went RIGHT with the film, that I still like it.
It just feels kind of unfinished/first draft-y.

I know that one Sup Forums "luke did I ever tell you" memester is here, so this post is probably going to be hit with his shitposts.

So how shit is Empire's End?

You're welcome

Yeah, it really was. I just wish more people could realize that there was a lot of practical stuff

>That Obi Wan

God damn I forgot how hot he was

>so this post is probably going to be hit with his shitposts
And yet you still made this post knowing fully that it would become a magnet for shitposting. Good job.

It's Cuck Wendig, what do you think

It's bad. Token black chick, pronouns that are fucking nuts, and the present tense. It's like he doesn't understand how to write, it's physically painful .

I had it written up before he showed up, but I didn't want to post it in an autosaging thread.

Well, it establishes that Sloan creates the First Order

Luke, did I ever tell you about your grandmother, Shmi? After we left her to rot in slavery she was raped to death by an entire village of sandpeople. And not just the men but the women and children too. They ran a train on her in single file, to hide their numbers. We could have saved her from this fate at any time but we were very busy falling into that nest of gundarks. You see your father butchered every one of them with that lightsaber you're holding, just like how he butchered that room full of children. Did I mention that after I cut your father's limbs off and left him to die by a river of lava I looted it from his body? Yes indeed it is an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.

@90204519
On the bright side, you could never be as annoying as the Kurtzposter was.

>They ran a train on her in single file, to hide their numbers

What color would your lightsaber be?

I'd prefer yellow, myself. Though with my luck, it'll probably end up red.

Going by the trends we see with lightsaber colors in the movies and shows, probably green because I'm a failure.

Blue because I like blue

Probably blue.

Red isn't a default color. You have to fuck with the crystal into submission to turn it red.

I think anything not red, blue, yellow, green or purple is dumb.

i like orange, but wouldn't mind green

>but (other than TFA of course) it's probably just the worst SW movie, just because it bangs up agaisnt George's self proclaimed weakness- writing.
Just not true.

>It would have been hard for anyone to do, but I think George fumbles with moving the pieces logically in place for ANH.
I disagree.

>a lot of the LITTLE events in the back half of the film just feel inorganic.
The back half is the best part, what the fuck are you smoking?

>Yoda's fight/"defeat"
What's wrong with it?

>and R2 not getting a memory wipe/not telling Luke about..anything (biggest issue by far)
What's the issue here? R2's never been one to infodump people. Did you forget that in ANH he outright ditches Luke and 3PO to go find Obi-Wan?

Like series, have you even seen these films recently?

>Other things like "lost the will to live",
You mean like Carrie's mom Debbie Reynolds?

>while perfectly functional in a mythological sense, feel like easy ways out.
Ehh, it's never bothered me, Star Wars has always had mythological things.

>And other little things like Leia remembering her mother (again, when taken LITERALLY "beautiful.. but sad." "she died when I was very young" "just.. images really") it makes sense, but it just feels a little contrived.
Nah.

>Same with things like "you served my father in the clone war"
He literally did m8, the Jedi served the senate. No problem here.

>"I thought I could instruct him just as well as Yoda"
>"The Jedi master who instructed me"
Did you ignore the scene where Yoda is scene training younglings in AOTC?

>fuck with the crystal

That was the implication, actually.

Did we ever finish the storytime for the RO visual guide?

Blue. Can't beat the classic.

Of course not. It's got a ton of pages to it.

So I'm guessing it's a similar situation to Mothma, and as soon as Sloan is removed they go full retard?

Just curious. Someone tried, and the site died. thanks

I'd probably use purple

He's still my husbando. I am loyal.

You know he's dead

Oh, also Padme saying "there's still good in him" when she knows Obi-Wan went there to kill him, so she knows that Anakin is dead.

Yeah, man, I saw the episode.

If a husbando (or waifu) is an Imperial, it's pretty much a given they die at some point. Comes with the territory. Not really a deterrent.

>also Padme saying "there's still good in him" when she knows Obi-Wan went there to kill him, so she knows that Anakin is dead.
There is no indication that she was told Anakin was dead.

Obi didn't say no when she asked him.

He didn't say yes either.

Implying that he did what he came there to do.

I don't get people who waifu/husbando characters that are morally, ethically, spiritually, physically, positively, absolutely, undeniably and reliably dead. Characters that MIGHT possibly be excused away in headcanon as by incredible coincidence surviving whatever calamity otherwise befell them and then going into hiding, I can understand, but not prettyboys and cunny bunnies that leave visible confirmed corpses or explode into oblivion.

Nope.

Yes?

Because you don't choose your husbando/waifu. They choose you.

No?

They were hot while they were alive? we're lusting after characters on a screen, do you really think we care if they are 'dead'?

pic related is the dude I want to fuck

what a horrid waste of triples

I understand fapping to dead characters, that's one thing, I've done it a lot to Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, but the way people get ridiculously absorbed into what amounts to a literary cockblock and bitching about it endlessly is just pony tier autism.

how am i wrong

Captain Crunch over there on the right was such a boss dude in Clone Wars it's hard to get over the fact that he's actually one of the more ruthless imperials.

We're autistic weebs on the internet who are obsessed with movies about space samurai, you think we are, by any stretch of the imagination, normal?

Because just because he doesn't answer her doesn't imply anything. It seems like he makes her fall asleep with the force or something in the scene.

Considering she doesn't act like Anakin is dead later on, it's obvious she doesn't think Anakin is dead

Because if we were to dismiss every character that dies, then there'd be virtually no one left. Go far enough ahead or far enough back, your character ceases to exist or does not yet exist. So it really doesn't matter, and you enjoy what screentime they get and lust after them as much as you want.

There's "normal" autism, and advanced autism, to reuse the Sleeping Beauty analogy, you don't see a host of avatarfags on Sup Forums endlessly roleplaying as Maleficent posting inane shit about wanting to be Prince Philip's dominatrix mommy every time there's a Disney thread.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Please google what shitposting is

Red or dead, choose wisely.

Rebels gets a huge budget increase for next season, what happens and what is your reaction?

Because they're not real anyway.

If you guys could give a species a new canon background, what species would it be and what would you change from Legends, I'll start

>Mirialans
>keep tattoo culture thing the same
>spiritual people that value healers
>history of being great galactic explorers and famous jedi healers
>good diplomats
>culture is mix of Tibetan and Samoan/Polynesian culture

We get a time skip to The Ghost during the Battle of Scarif

>better dead than red
fixed that for you

>There will never be a "complete" Lego Star Wars game again
>There will never bee a Lego Star Wars Hub game, where they add DLC overtime
>You will never play I-IX in updated graphics with classic Lego gameplay, instead of the new shitty crap with voice overs
>You will never play Lego TCW
>You will never play Lego Rebels
>We will never see The Siege of Mandolare finally told to us through a Lego level

What the fug, why even live?

Bothans
the only thing I would keep about them from eu is their appearance, I have no idea how to keep them from turning into a retarded ridiculous stereotype like how they became an entire species of spies with a culture based entirely on espionage

I'd pull from the "old Marvel species no one cares about" pile and would bring back the Nagai and Tof, with some changes.

>keep the black hair, pale skin, pointed ears and gaunt appearance of the Nagai
>keep the large height and strength of the Tof, as well as the green skin and red hair
>make the Tof smarter, and they don't look like fucking space pirates this go around
>give them a cool design, and armor and ships, befitting a war-like invader species
>keep the Nagai's preference for bladed weapons and cultural aspects like honor til death
>keep their liking for individualistic expression to a degree, but nix the goofy 80's hair, that looks dated

Cast is all split up. Hera goes on to be part of the larger rebellion, sees her struggle with the morality of fighting a war ruled by literal evil wizards.

Kanan and Ezra go off to train and try to find more Jedi, are constantly fought by the Inquisitors. Kanan eventually is killed and Ezra gives up hope in the force, finds holocron from the Old Republic from an unnamed "Sith Lord / Jedi" who tells him that there are ways beyond being a Jedi or a Sith, he becomes a neutral force user and goes off trying to solve problems to the best of his ability.

Sabine focuses on Mandalorian civil war part 2, basically Game of Thrones in Space.

Zeb goes off with Hera but is part of ground operations rather than space fighting.

Kallus survives this season and becomes an insight on Imperial politics.

Also have rebel / imperial ground trooper focused episodes ala Clone episodes.

Am pretty mad, played the marvel and D.C. Ones with my GF. I unironically enjoyed them

You think you have it bad, as a Jurassic Park fan, LEGO Jurassic World was simultaneously one of the funnest games I've ever played and one of the biggest letdowns knowing I'll never be able to play the exact same spectacular style of game in a realistic representation.

>Also have rebel / imperial ground trooper focused episodes ala Clone episodes.

That's where Rex and Cody come in I assume?

>Rex survives the war, dies peacefully in his sleep.
>"Sorry I kept you waiting brothers"

I still believe Rex is that guy with the beard in Episode 6.

What up /swco/... just rewatched the Zillo Beast episodes from TCW. At the end, the nerdo doctor says to Sheev: "You want me to CLONE the beast?!?"

Whats up with that? Did they clone it? Did they ever go with Sheev's original plan to build armor from it's hide? Is Bendu a relative of the Zillo Beast?

youtube.com/watch?v=GuGwmbfQ5SI

I could go for a Lego TCW game that expands into the later seasons, myself.

On that note, considering Lego's track record, would you trust them with adapting 'Siege of Mandalore' or any other missed-out canon content?

Can't we just leave Kanan crippled or something, why do we have to kill him off? He doesn't deserve this!

>tfw they'll never do any of the other seasons

You forget who's in charge.

Still? There really isn't anything against it, is there? Just semantic arguments.

Unfortantely no, Lego games haven't been good since TCW. They stayed too far from just the simplicity of the original games.

Seriously, just compare shooting in Lego TFA to Lego Star Wars I

Crippled?

That's Ezra silly. Kanan gets blinded, Ezra inherits one of Maul's robo legs.

Why does /swco/ keep pushing this whole "Lucasfilm has a problem with TFA and JJ" narrative?

>Is Bendu a relative of the Zillo Beast?
Do you think before you make posts? Like at all?

Because members of the story group hint at it.

>ezra with a cyborg leg
hot, is there anything this stud can't do?

because shitposting

Pablo's hinted very strongly at it as well as discussing how much easier it was for LSG when Rogue One was being produced, specifically because unlike TFA it was being produced entirely in-house rather than through Bad Robot.

We were going to find out in Season 8, so you can thank Disney for that. Best guess it was used to synthesize stormtrooper armor or something, idk.

Please Filoni, take one of my other waifus, but leave my husbando alone! I beg of you!

Hug Sabine apparently

:^ ]

Do you?

The Bendu has hard skin like Zillo Beast amd also lives underground. Bendu might be a descendant of the Zillo beast.

>so you can thank Disney for that
Cartoon Network cancelled it.

CN only aired it. They had nothing to do with the actual production.

Jews are a hivemind, user.

Hm, are Krykna related to the Zilo beast? They have hard skin and live underground....

Sorry user the biological differences between the Bendu and the Zilo beast are way to fuckin' severe.

what

SOON

F

What's gonna happen to The Bendu when Chopper Base inevitably gets fucked?

This dude's star has really risen since Rebels premiered and that's probably the biggest factor to Kallus getting the axe. That's probably why Kallus's development has been so rushed- they needed to be able to end the character's arc within a season while minimizing his screentime.

Do you guys think Sheev and mother Talzin ever did the horizontal monkey dance?

No, but I'm sure he molested both Anakin and Padme at some point

Help arrives from an unexpected source