Is this still canon? It's been almost ten years and nothing carried over to later films, not even the lead actor

Is this still canon? It's been almost ten years and nothing carried over to later films, not even the lead actor.

yes

>learns to control the transformation by the end of the movie
>in Avengers could only calm himself when ScarJo was around

They mentioned Harlem in Avengers
AoU he mentions not being able to have kids and wasn't able to have sex in TIH
Ross was in Civil War

The army general was in Civil War.

I'm sure he'll be a big deal soon...

Apparently they were going to bring back Abomination in Age of Ultron too.

He will when they need to make another movie.

>Ross returns for Civil War
>Makes no reference to the Hulk or the events during that movie
>No Hulk in Civil War

Why was he even there? By this point he's more of an easter egg than a character.

Yea, AoU was going to be more masters of evil. Strucker, Scarlet Witch, QS, Ultron and Abomination. Maybe a 6th too to even out the 6 on 6 match up?

>"Do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?"

ok....

Doesn't he rhetorically ask where Thor and Banner are?

>"that's my secret cap, im always angry"
>in thor ragnarok he can't turn into hulk when he wants to

>It's been almost ten years
fuck

Granted. But he could have been literally anyone. It's neat that it's him, but he shows no personal animosity towards Banner in particular or anything. His character doesn't really help justify the Hulk movie's existence.

Daredevil Season 1, it's one of Ben Ulrich's news clippings.

There's also a little easter egg in daredevil referencing the harlem incident

He can turn into hulk when he wants, its the other way around. He's worried he won't become banner again. Dummy

Did you miss the part where he explicitly said the opposite?

Nope. No solo Hulk movies means no new Hulk villains.
They're just going to keep sneaking Hulk into other movies to keep from giving Universal the distribution profits.

It's not in my headcanon, and I like the movie. I just can't recommend it to anyone wanting to get into the franchise. It's not that great of an origin story, and nothing about it says "you have to see this to understand the stuff that comes later".

It's canon, Norton was originally planned to stay for the entire MCU but he dropped out after the movie because he didn't want to be stuck in the role for the next 2 decades. There's also some stuff from interviews where the director (I think) mentions that the ending was planned to work as both a sequel bait and a closed ending if the movie never got a sequel. The MCU was in very early stages at the time and it wasn't clear if they were going to make any follow-up when they wrote the script. The scene where Roth first fights hulk after getting his super soldier serum appears on a TV in the background of Iron Man 2 though, and of course Tony is in the end credits and Ross is in Civil War. I think it's being considered semi-canon at least, they're clearly acknowledging it occasionally but they'll never do a flashback to it or follow on with the Leader or anything. I think they know that it should be ignored so they're doing everything they can to pretend it doesn't exist while still keeping it "technically" canon through all the references.

I'm glad they didn't so Joss didn't fuck it up even more

Life is nothing but suffering. Hulk and Wolverine are my two favorite superheroes and I'll never see them fight