Now that the dust has settled, who did it better?

Now that the dust has settled, who did it better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JQKlyjkAeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Easily the 2017 one. Apart from Curry as Pennywise, the 1990 has little going for it

How come no one wants to mention the entire other half of the miniseries when they're adults?

It's total trash with some of the worst acting ever recorded and nothing happens.

2017 handled it with a surprising amount of maturity which I didn't expect to see from a movie in this era. For that reason alone I would hand it to 2017, but 1990 will always have a nostalgic place in my mind.

john-boy walton was in it, you reprobate

Still pretty bad. When I watch IT, I don't even watch the adult section, the Kid section is pretty good tho.

2017 tho, it surprised the hell out of me and when it comes out on BD, It'll be a day one purchase.

Look at the square!

Time to whip up some Kingkino
youtube.com/watch?v=2JQKlyjkAeg

The TV movie was more faithful to the source material. The child actors actually had looks and personalities that were unique to them. Bill and Stan might as well have been the same person. The bullies in the new one were lifeless caricatures with no real motivation. Beverly was portrayed as an actual slut, instead of a decent girl who had some unfortunate rumors spread about her. Not to mention the atrocious effects in the 2017 version. Laughable.

I have an easier time masturbating to the 2017 one.

Tim Curry was a horrible casting choice for Pennywise. Why would you choose one of the most charismatic and fun performers in film to play a horrifying fear-monster? You spend most of the movie being entertained by him and rooting for him.

That's how he gets you into the lights, precisely.

Tim Curry's performance was great. Curry's pennywise was that of a performer that killed kids. 2017's is like a paranormal John Wayne Gacy. Still great tho.

>Beverly in the 1990 version is Bridgette from Ginger Snaps
damn, so there is actually some talent in the first one

I can agree with this. I loved Curry as Pennywise in the original, but now that I think about it, I think that was because he had so much fun being Pennywise. You can tell that he is enjoying being a child murdering clown way too much.

The problem with the miniseries is that the entire time you're just waiting for Curry to show up and do amusing shit.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmOLwrvH-Ag
Just try and tell me that your reaction to this scene is anything other than finding Pennywise funny

"A little young for ya, isn't she, Roy?"

That's the fun, watching Tim Curry. The rest of the miniseries like most other Stephen King approved adaptations is crap.

Except Pennywise is supposed to be scary

His Pennywise hides his true nature. That is pretty scary.

Correct. Pennywise as a playful clown juxtaposed with the sudden shift to evil monster is what makes the character so good. It's multidimensional, unlike that shit version we got in the latest. Just look back on the opening of the TV movie. The scene with the girl and Pennywise in the sheets. His laugh, his wave, her smile, and then his sudden shift to dead eyed stare is horrifying. The change is what is jarring. That's why it works and the new one doesn't.

2017 easily, but i think they focused too much on some characters than others. Billy, Beverly and Ben have gotten the most character development while stanley and mike do nothing (except for 'killing' henry) and we don't know shit about richie other than him being the wisecracker
i feel like mike and stanley could be relatable to alot of kids

Stanley is probably the most interesting Loser, honestly. The unsung little jewboy.

Ben was a lump whose only purpose was to give jarring monologues to spoonfeed the audience key plot points and background information. He's the new kid, remember, and he has all of this information because he was shown in the library a few times. Brilliant.

DO YOU HAVE PRINCE ALBERT IN A CAN?
WELL, YOU BETTER LET HIM OUT!
AHA!
AHA!
AHA!

the one that isn't grimdark in your pic

fuck the grimdark meme

was the girl intentionally made into a sex symbol for adult audiences in the 1990 one?

>"I beat you because I wanted to FUCK you, Bevvie, that's all I wanted to do, I wanted to FUCK you, I wanted to EAT you, I wanted to eat your PUSSY, I wanted to SUCK your CLIT up between my teeth, YUM-YUM, Bevvie, oooohhhhh, YUMMY IN MY TUMMY, I wanted to put you in the cage...and get the oven hot...and feel your CUNT, your plump CUNT...and when it was plump enough to eat...to eat...EAT..."
>"We've waited a long time for this. This is going to be fun. This is going to be YUMMY in our TUMMIES."

>She looked back and now her dead father was not wearing the witch's black dress but the clown suit with the big orange buttons. There was a 1958-style coonskin cap, the kind popularized by Fess Parker in the Disney movie about Davey Crockett, perched on its head. In one hand it held a bunch of balloons. In the other it held the leg of a child like a chicken drumstick. Written on each balloon was the legend IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE.

>"Tell your friends I am the last of a dying race," it said, grinning its sunken grinned as it staggered and lurched down the porch steps after her. "The only survivor of a dying planet. I have come to rob all the women...rape all the men...and learn to do the peppermint twist!"
>It began to do a mad shuck-and-jive, balloons in one hand, severed bleeding leg in the other.

What did he mean by this?

Meteor Shit.

Makes no sense because the historian role was Mike's in the original, but they wanted fatty to have a bigger role. Probably because he gave the producers tit jobs

The new one was just a disjointed mess. How hard is it to follow the source material and give fans of that what they want?

>why is this horror movie dark

If you didn't think the new one was better, you're wearing nostolgia goggles. Not even memeing. My opinion is untainted because while I'm old enough to have watched the original when it came out, I didn't watch it until this year.

I watched the original as a kid...kind of a fan of it...I was able to track down the laserdisc of it...it hangs on my wall...simply because it has the same artwork as the book. I have nostalgia for the original. Pennywise has to be one of my favorite villains.

The remake is better in almost every way.

1990 one didn't have Lillis. That's it end of discussion.

>the new one was better in every way

Name some specific instances, because I disagree and have actually given examples.

>doesn't understand subjectivity
Autism.

*almost*

You're reasons are valid.

You've given a conclusion without providing how you came to believe that conclusion. Why post at all?

2017 was a better movie and Bill was excellent except toward the end.

In my opinion the most iconic part about Curry’s Pennywise was that he was always performing to the camera. Every time he was being a malevolent asshole, he was doing so while looking right at the viewer which was fucking awesome.

New Pennywise did that too until the kids had their little spooky haunted house adventure, and suddenly he became a pretty generic villain.

If you got rid of the sudden rush and loud sound/music scares of the 2017 one, and had more of Pennywise interacting with people or at least the main characters (like talking interacting, I wanted to see the extent of interaction he had with Georgie, with the other kids at some point or other) rather than just trying to spook them in short intervals, then the 2017 one would be the GOAT

Because OP asked for a conclusion, not an conclusion and an explanation. Try and stay on topic instead of looking for an argument just because mommy told you it's OK to be bad at sports if you win arguments.

>autism

The new one had that in a different way. Curry Pennywise shifted between jokey clown and killer, new Pennywise shifted between jokey clown and alien being. Examples of the latter I can recall, when he actually manages to make Georgie laugh with his antics and appears baffled like he doesn't know how to react and didn't think it would evoke that kind of emotion, and again towards the end of the movie where he's facing off against the kids in his lair and trying to bargain with them, he displays actual difficulty in trying to come up with the right words and emotions to display to them.

So it's a personal choice of whether you prefer an evil killer who comes on as a really hammy and fun clown and toys with his victims, or some beyonder entity who is attempting to masquerade as a clown and has a feeble grasp on how to interact with his victims besides fear.

even with olivia hussy the old it is meh

They are both boring.

I saw the 1990 miniseries recently.

It not as good as my memory had it.

>Name some specific instances, because I disagree and have actually given examples
The TV miniseries is generally awful.

>Pennywise is fun to watch
>olivia hussy is nice to look at
>kid bev is a good actress, adult bev is nice to look at
>The Chinese restaurant scene is good.
Otherwise, the TV series is awful.

Most of the adult actors are to be blunt, awful. some of the kid actors are okay, but they are not good for the most part.

The movie had it issues, but overall was much better acted, tighter, story with more emotional impact. The first 30 minutes where weak, but then it finishes strong. The miniseries with the intercutting reduces all progress and the adult scenes bar 1-2 scenes are just..bad

New one was better than I thought.
Old one has a better coming-of-age-feel.

I can surely tell you who had better hair. Holy shit.

is this a line in the book?

i watched it night before last for the first time and i thought that scene would lead in to the gang bang

I want a pure footjob from Sofia lillis sweety feet

Yes, the book is great

Sophia Lillis instantly makes 2017 better.

Just wait till you read the sewer gang bang passages. Stephen King is a disgusting pedo

>15 year old girl treated as sexual object for the audience in movie
>people develop obsession with her
Really makes me think, pedowood.

Creep.

I second this.

Seth Green has not aged a day.

I'm laughing my ass off at how much they sexualized the little girl in the 2017. Hollywood pedoes not even hiding it anymore. Give it another generation and teachers will fuck your children in elementary school. Thanks gays for being NAMBLA greatest ally.

that fat kid in the new one had GOAT hair

>all the male kids are more childish even the bullies
>the girl is heavily sexualized

What did pedowood mean by this?

i like bill in the mini-series more than the new movie. only thing the new movie has going for it is the girl, who is way too hot to be in the group. previous girl was better. she got hotter with age, which is how it usually goes for the ugly outcasts.

But then, if you're reading the book, you imagine being in that situation, not knowing if you're crazy or not. Trying to act normal while tim curry is screaming in your ear.