Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JF4tjhI3D0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's gonna be BLACKED.

>post yfw

No it won’t.

hah you already are

No, the show will never be made.

I know user i know but i'm going to keep making these threads as some sort of sad homage to the idea that WoT would be made as a TV show and rival GoT and now a LoTR tv show.

Who's your favourite character?

Mines moraine. I want her to bond me and I'll be her secret lover.

giv aes sedai gf

what if you got one of the black ajah bonding you how would that make you feel then your her sex slave

this is gunna be great cant wait and sony too thats fantastic.

super excited for this whens it coming out?

soon

awesome i'll quickly re-read the books before the show comes out should only take a few months right?

y-yeah

Who will play matt?

hmmm good question? maybe

They are going to ruin everything I love about Tolkien and Tolkien's world, aren't they?

I wish something could be left alone.

tolkien is plebian compared to wot friend so you will be saved

What shade of white was tuon?

fuck this could be the greatest show since soprano's

>tfw no thicc forsaken gf

cant wait for all those scenes where nynaeve wakes up all sweaty in her tight tight hugger her figure shift and all the naked sweat tent scenes and when they go through the trial to become accepted butt naked

Some lads over in the lotr thread don't rate wot feel sorry for them senpai don't know what their missing out on

Never read the book series. I only know it through this song. youtube.com/watch?v=JF4tjhI3D0A

If they do it I need this song in there.

WoT is written for 12yos while LOTR was read by 16yos
Either way they're both juvenile as fuck

lol i read lotr when i was 13 and wot when i was like 16

so suck on that fag

Did his face get fucked that bad?

Has potential. GOT promised to be the Rated R LOTR, but was basically the Sopranos with magic for most of its run. Didn't really live up to its premise until recently, and even then the transition from political drama to high action wasn't seamless. Here is hoping WOT is up to the task, because it is going to need some top notch production values and acting.

Which characters get cut out entirely?

>tfw no three thousand year old transplanted man into a gorgeous woman's body gf
>tfw no voluptuous sex-slave owning big titty Forsaken gf
>tfw no slutty Domani Aes Sedai gf
>tfw no 6'6" long red haired Amazonian Aiel Maiden of the Spear who laid the marriage wreath at your feet despite you being a soft Wetlander gf, or wife
>tfw no Sea Folk windfinder whose dark brown tits sway in the breeze she creates gf

80% of the Aes Sedai, 90% of the Aiel and Asha'man. If it was HBO they would keep Berelain though and make her a part of the main cast.

what makes this better than other fantasy trash?

Just finished re-reading the part after Dumai's Wells with all of the Shaido gai'shain. There's hundreds of naked Aiel running around, teasing the Two Rivers bumpkins and the Cairhienin alike. The Mayeners are just staring and having the time of their lives, it's great.

Oh and they'd cut everything related to the sea folk because filming on a boat is hard.

I could kind of see Loial getting cut, and most of the Ogier. Maybe just refer to them as a dead race who once built the Ways, the Groves, and the 10 Nations cities. It's really just awkward in such a setting to have one non-human fantasy race. Trollocs and Fades were experiments by Aginor, human and animal hybrids, so they make sense.

all of those scenes are going to be great because every character has big titties while also being slender

Ogier felt like a holdover from an earlier version of the story he thought up, like a lot of the stuff introduced in the first book that never really carried over to the rest of the story. Green man? Eye of the World? Never really mentioned again, despite seeming like important bits of world building.

As someone who knows nothing about the series-
is it a good idea for the symbol to have a katana in it? Seems a tad weeb-ish since I believe it's a fairly european-centric series?

It's kind of fun just to immerse yourself into. It has this juvenile sort of attitude to many things, like how men see women and sex, but then you have rampant slaughtering, people being cooked alive by troll-orcs, heads exploding, and then a lot of casual nudity.

i read the wikipedia summary and it sounds retarded as fuck.

also if got is any indication, half the storylines and characters will get cut out.

Green Man showed up again during Rand's vision quest through the column ter'angreal. The AoL Ses Sedai gave him the task of safekeeping the Eye of the World and all that other shit, and he was the last of his race.

The funny thing about WoT is that the most interesting era of the entire timeline is probably from the Breaking though the Trolloc Wars. That's when the great wonders of the world are built and when the most knowledge was truly lost. The 10 Nations at their height were far grander than any of the current ones.

That's not a katana, that's exactly how swords are described in the books. The culture in WoT is not really European, the nations all have traits of various cultures. Only Andor is really a straight up European-esque nation, the rest are a hodgepodge. Like how you have a nation right next to Andor where the soldiers dress like Samurai with topnots and kon standards, but otherwise they feel like a European monarchy.

>Green Man showed up again during Rand's vision quest through the column ter'angreal. The AoL Ses Sedai gave him the task of safekeeping the Eye of the World and all that other shit, and he was the last of his race.
Yeah but that really doesn't tell you anything except what you already inferred from book 1, it didn't explain anything. It just said "hey, remember this?"

>half
Try like 70%. GoT has nothing on WoT for side plots and superfluous characters. Martin is actually pretty restrained by limiting himself to only a handful of PoV characters, Jordan just kept adding PoV characters with every book until he had literally dozens of them.

Andor is Tudor England.
Amadicia is Commonwealth England.
Two Rivers is Wales or Ireland.
Murandy is Germany.
Tear is Spain and Vietnam.
Altara is Southern Italy
Illian do be Dutch and Greek.
Tarabon is Turkey?
Arad Doman is Persia.
Saldea is like the Levant.
Cairhien is France with a layer of Japan.
Shienar is Japan.

Yeah, Jordan clearly solidified what he wanted the books to be around the Dragon Reborn and the Shadow Rising. The Great Hunt also introduces stuff that never comes back, like the Portal Stones and the alternate dimensions.

Rand used portal stones to go to the Aiel Waste but yeah like the Green Man they're never really explained.

Arad Doman struck me as a cross between Persian/Arabian and also Venice. They had that weird government where their king was "elected" by the merchant council.

Yeah, Tanchico and Far Madding had weird shit like that too. But the main trust of AD is Persia with even darker residents.

>You were just a Two Rivers youth when a Domani refugee came over the mountains and settled in your village, a dark skinned girl with big tits and a very thin dress that makes the Women's Circle fume

Lots of ideas were dropped in favor of other ones. Things really do become so easy when they get Traveling.

WoT is only liked by men who have a fetish for being dominated by women. I read the first book and had to stop after that because of how shrewish and petty all the female characters are. And based on what I've heard about the later books in the series, it only gets WORSE.

Is it tho?

It just shows that a world where females think they are the shit easily goes to hell with a little chaos introduced.

The parts where Elaine was back in the Tower and all the Aes'Sedai, supposedly the most wise and powerful people in the world were acting like morons and fighting each other over petty shit were pretty damning.

If anything Jordan shows that women are utterly incapable of being objective in times of danger.

With a few exceptions most were full retard for most of the books.

I can’t really remember the books much, read them like 10 years ago and only up to the Fires of Heaven before I gave up on it (only book series I did give up on - did all of Malazan in one go.)

However, is it not problematic?

World of magic is dominated by women if I recall, then one single dude comes along who can do some magic and is better than all of them at it.

>that scene where rand tells min, aviendha and elaine that he loves them all, and Lan "studies the bowl of his pipe very intently"
i cant wait bros, its going to be kino

The books literally salivate over women in power getting fucked over for their arrogance and hubris.

the only reason to watch

>Is it tho?
>If anything Jordan shows that women are utterly incapable of being objective in times of danger.
It's not that I think Jordan portrays women as superior. My problem with it is that they all act annoying and bitchy and domineering, and it's not interesting to read 12,000 pages of people constantly fucking up because they get emotional, act childish and have superiority complexes.

Rand should have fucked Alanna and reinforced that bond.

>main character
>has a harem
>top tier sword skills
>top tier magician
>everything literally revolves around him

>not a marry sue

It took him a long time to gain that shit. Mary Sues usually get that all within book number 1, and everyone loves them, That's why Rey is a mary sue, because no one distrusts or dislikes her.

>loses his hand
>has a madman yelling in his head
>spends 10 books in a descent to madness and sickness
>Effectively dies to the world and becomes a nobody at the end

Not really a mary sue, is he?

I taped at book 6. I couldn't take it anymore.

it's so long, it's gonna take like 20 season to finish it

>GoT was basically the Sopranos with magic

I am irrationally mad at this. Fuck you

It's got a fuckton of magic too. Will cost ridiculous amounts to do it justice.
I'd rather they just don't do it at all.

The Chad Dragon
>1st in the One Power
>1st in swordsmanship
>1st in politics
>1st in social status
>chief general of the armies of the light
>married a Stacy in the form of Ilyena
>Creator's Champion
>nearly half the Forsaken went evil because of his Chad aura
>fucked Lanfear so well that she still wanted his dick 3000 years later
>fucked the world so hard it didn't walk right for thousands of years

The virgin Forsaken
>born one day after Lews Therin
>2nd in the One Power to Lews Therin
>2nd behind Lews Therin in scholarship
>2nd behind Lews Therin in high office
>2nd in attractiveness to Lews Therin
>2nd in generalship to Lews Therin
>2nd in swordsmanship to Lews Therin
>2nd in luck to Lews Therin
>slightly shorter than Lews Therin
>lost Ilyena to Lews Therin
>gained the prophecy of Dragonslayer, still didn't manage to kill reborn Lews Therin
>defeated on the battlefield by reborn Lews Therin's second in command
>defeated in swordsmanship to reborn Lews Therin's teacher

>it's an Ishamael waxes poetic about the inevitability of the Dark One's triumph over reality episode
>it's a Graendal's boobies bounce while sitting on furniture that is actually naked human slaves contorted together episode
>it's a Lanfear can do nothing but masturbate impotently in the corner as a cuckquean while Chad al'Thor aka Lews Therin Telamon reborn fucks THREE women at once episode
>it's an Aginor creates an OP monster untouchable by the Power just for the lulz episode
>it's a Balthamel gets resurrected into a female body and feels that his sexual preferences were ""expanded"" because of it episode
>it's a Be'lal gets balefired before he does anything important episode
>it's a Rahvin dickmatizes Morgase so hard he can literally fondle other women on his lap in front of her and she's still wet for him episode
>it's a Moghedien first gets collared by Nynaeve, then upon returning to the Dark One is passed to Moridin's authority because of the mindtrap episode
>it's a Semirhage literally kills a man by over-stimulating his pleasure receptors episode
>it's a Sammael is insecure over being a manlet episode
>it's a Messana is mindbroken by Egwene episode
>it's a Demandred is cucked by Lews Therin SO hard both in using the Power and with women that the mere thought of him evokes an autistic screeching frenzy episode
>it's a Mazrim Taim forced Aes Sedai to kneel before the Dragon Reborn or they will be knelt episode
>it's a "Who Killed Asmodean" subplot arc that goes unsolved for a dozen years

I want Nynaeve to spank me.

>it’s a magical BDSM episode

>it's an grown-ass female character is bent over the knee of and spanked by another grown-ass female character episode
>it's a female political leader tries to seduce the Dragon Reborn episode

>it's an Aviendha gets naked for a myriad of occasions, such as going to Rhuidean and when Egwene is in a bathtub episode
>it's a Min wears tight clothing episode
>it's a Berelain dances the sa'sara episode
>it's a Galad is such a fucking Chad that he gets even the Red Ajah's (man-hating dykes) collective pusy dripping wet for him episode
>it's a Seafolk Channeller goes topless, revealing her large saggy breasts episode
>it's an Elayne bonds Aviendha, Min and herself to Rand and the first thing she does afterwards is DEMAND that Rand fuck her because he fucked the latter two already episode

>it's an Aes Sedai pillowfriends episode
>it's a Bain and Chiad use their spears as their lovers, sharing them at both ends episode
>it's a Perrin has to be careful not to get punished by Bain and Chiad or else he'll suffer great pains sitting on his horse episode

>it's an Aviendha and Min can feel Rand rimming Elayne even though they're miles away episode
>it's a Birgitte can feel Elayne's mouth being filled with Rand's cum and swears to "kick her tickle-heart all around the palace" episode
>it's an Egwene gets captured by the Seanchan and is forced to wear an a'dam collar episode
>it's a Faile behaves like the sexually frustrated cunt that she is so Perrin can fuck her roughly in a demeaning way episode
>it's a Mat gets captured and raped by horny old queen Tylin and is forced to wear pink frilly ribbons and a revealing outfit that allows any woman in Ebou Dar to fondle his ass in public episode

>it's a Nynaeve sniffed loudly, smoothed the front of her skirt furiously and tugged her braid episode

>>it's a Berelain dances the sa'sara episode

this bothers me, since sa'sara is a Saldaean dance, and Bereloin who has never been to Saldaea and is from Mayene would not be able to perform it.
You probably confused her with Faile.

gonna vary much on whether they want to be ashamed of the magic parts or not like most modern media is

if its just bows and tits it will just be a lesser version of GoT

but the boat people are free diversity, thed probably make some of the ones who come back to camelot with elayne main cast even

i dont think ogier and loial getting cut, hes a large part of the earlier books and gets pretty good development along the way

some of the forsaken may get cut or more likely merged into 1 character

most of the aiel will be nameless for sure, most of the aes sedai too

>it’s a Lan fucks Nynaeve so hard that she has trouble being in a carriage the next day episode

Give me some castings

>spends 10 books in a descent to madness
How are they gonna do that in a tv show? He mostly bottles up that madness until he snaps at his father in like book 12.

i think they will go with unknowns and they will all be roasties and all the dudes will be super hot because most casting directors are females

Jordan created the ultimate Chad, I ain't even mad.

they can keep the internal dialogue betwen LTT and Rand, and how LTT keeps giving a commentary on everything and talks about random shit.
Then show maybe Min or Egwene or Nynaeve pov about Rand having weird debates with himself when he believes no one is watching or having weird laughs at nothing because LTT is telling funny shit inside his head.

I think the show Dexter handled his inner commentary quite well, you don't notice it slowing down the action or plot and people get used to the inner commentary, only this time it keeps being an inner dialogue between Rand and LTT which starts as normal stuff and becomes more violent and unstable as the taint progresses.

>I can't stand people constantly fucking up because they get emotional, act childish and have superiority complexes
And that's why you try to escape reality into the world of fiction?

I think Sony or whoever has the rights will wait to see how The Witcher, LotR and spin-off GoT is received first before they commit to anything.

They'll also need a huge backing like LotR will receive. LotR has reported to be getting a season budget of around 150 million and WoT would need at least 50% more than that to be visually great.

>at least 50% more
Not even close, the first 2-3 books are pretty tame when it comes to magic so season 1 and 2 shouldn't be too costly. From what I remember Moiraine shoots a few fireballs here and there, and the rest of the magic is something you feel/mostly invisible. The only expensive thing would be the trollocs CGI.

It's just going to be another fantasy show that's going to try and fill the GOT void. We're gonna get an influx of them in 2018 and 2019 as they all try to be the next big thing.

No Network Yet - Wheel Of Time
Amazon - LOTR Prequel
Hulu - Throne Of Glass
Netflix - The Witcher Saga
Freeform - Motherland
Showtime - Kingkiller Chronicle

The real issue will be actor costs in later seasons.
Once they become irreplaceable, it’s going to go through the roof. While the writing may have killed GoT, the fact that they had to allocate most of the budget for the plot armoured leads put a bullet in the corpse.

It's going to need a big budget or we would have had a successful adaption by now.
Budget aside, all they really need to do is not let the tv show resemble an episode of Shannara Chronicles or something dull like The Last Kingdom.

Shouldn't be that hard.

haha oh no that would be just terrible haha hope that never happens haha

>Kingkiller Chronicle
I wonder if they’ll include the bit where his onitis is a literal whore, and he thinks he’s the lucky one for getting friendzoned by her, all while she’s getting railed by dozens of other men

They'll give certain WoT arcs the GoT treatment and give them to a main (popular) character no doubt.
Adaptions are usually like that.

giv red ajah gf

Thats Logan Lerman not Dylan Thomas

These networks realise that the GoT universe is not dying with the main series right?
Fantasy kino though boys.

The Aiel won't be Irish redheads, they'll be blacks and Arabs.

Except it is, GoT started sucking major ass after they axed Oberyn just to be edgy.

Women had bres the channelling ability out of humanity so much that the current aes sedai were much weaker. Rand was injected into the pattern by the creator and had legendary AoL male channellers to train him (asmodean and Lews in his head)

Maybe for Sup Forums but the average normie doesn't care about some low screen-time bi-sexual spic.
Quips and edge are what brings the money in these days.

I'm 99% sure you're right, although I wish they'd be latinos with their hair died redish. Fantasy, amirite?

>then one single dude comes along who can do some magic and is better than all of them

To be fair, he is the Dragon Reborn.

>Sony Pictures