ITT: Non-capeshit movies/non-action flicks about people with superpowers

ITT: Non-capeshit movies/non-action flicks about people with superpowers.

There's Scanners, Green Mile, and Carrie. What else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qEfApe3lu-8
youtube.com/watch?v=siZCNzTIluU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not sure but I think Smilla's (?) Sense of Snow falls into this category. She can like predict weather patterns but then the story takes an interesting sci-fi turn.

I never saw it but dad did, and he described to me how it's actually a sci-fi story that people don't see coming.

Pleb examples include the two "Almighty" movies. King brings to mind The Shining, natch (telepathy plus sympathetic perception of past events, particularly the dead). The Sixth Sense apes the latter feature.

Does Unbreakable count?

depalma's the fury

Chronicle

Unbreakable, Split, Chronical

firestarter

There are many films about people with supernatural powers.

>depalma's the fury
This looks pretty interesting. I think I'll watch this one next.

Also, interesting how like half of the examples in this topic so far are from stephen king.

the shining

Spontaneous Combustion was always a favorite. It's one of Tobe Hooper's wilder rides, with Brad Dourif in the lead.

youtube.com/watch?v=qEfApe3lu-8

Looks really interesting, reminds me big time of scanners

K-pax
Powder
Phenomenon
The Matrix

In Fight Club there's a character that can split into two if you haven't seen it already

Midnight Special

>Phenomenon
I hope you meant Phenomena

Never seen this, looks good.

THE ICE. IS GONNA BREAK

how about less paranormal powers. no psychic abilities like mind reading or telepathy. Some movies with people with more typical superpowers like laser beam eyes or the ability to fly.

Chronicle is kino and it's a shame Trank will probably never work again after Fant4stic.

I think the story is an allegory for autism.

youtube.com/watch?v=siZCNzTIluU

The Brood is a horror movie Cronenberg made early in his career. It's about a woman who, through experimental therapy, develops the ability to birth childlike golems who obey her will. The first 2/3 of the film I think is boring but the story gets interesting in the last 3rd.

w-whats his superpower?

His cock emits fumes which turn women into ravenous bimbos.

Dr Dolittle, OP

bump

This, really underrated movie.

also prob my fav walken performance

Chronicle

what the fuck when this came out there were 4 billion people on the planet and now were close to double that? oh my fuck were all fucked

It does.

Africa alone will have 5b by 2100 :).

Not like you like in a shithole like China, Africa, or India anyway. The population near you has stayed roughly the same.

What a flick, fellas!

phew, okay it feels good being white living by the coast

damn, she's pretty thicc now

Best head explosion of all time and a great poster, but besides that Scanners was pretty lame.

>"white"
>coast
Confirmed kike

harry potter has super powers

Fucked up mummies

Super foot fetish.

liar liar
his superpower was the ability to never lie and always be honest

shut up

Male version of Carrie.
I couldn't resist applaud at the climax.

Forgot pic related.