Was it autism

Was it autism

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_strike
youtube.com/watch?v=5WlON7r0m7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, it was early childhood rape and abuse.

Is autism even real or are we just inventing names for people being maladjusted

dont you talk about Allison she is too pure

What are some other movies where the character looks better before their makeover?

>using a pen to point to your dubs while diverting attention with your pointer finger in the other direction
yes it was autism

>Is autism even real
Yes but the term has been bastardized.

maybe but she was sill super cute

Autism is real, but a lot of the stuff lumped in with autism could really use its own distinct definition. I took care of a little boy who could barely speak, would hit himself constantly and refused to eat anything but malt-o-meal, though that part was because his dad was too pussy to let the kid go hungry until he ate something else.

This. Same as ADHD or ADD.

Some people are really autistic. Some just have some a-social quirks acquired through (lack of) upbringing or trauma's. In the end everyone has to deal with it though, so putting labels on in doesn't really benefit most people.

>Is autism even real
Absolutely, and caused mostly by early childhood vaccinations. look it up sometime.

Obviously not, she literally admits to being a tryhard attentionfag because her parents and pretty much every other authority figure could not give a less of a fuck about her. Also she probably has no friends since she decided to wake up early on a Saturday and sit around with a bunch of nobodies until the middle of the afternoon.

who
was
in
the
wrong
here

no, she was just a QT.

How did they not realize her initial appeal?

It was a different time.

What the fuck was the message of this movie? Oh poor outcast girl, even you can be popular if you just conform and look like a bimbo

The message is everyone gets laid but the nerd.

Everyone gets laid and the nerd has to do the work for everyone else.

Autism isn't "developed" over childhood, any psychology worth their salt knows this.

When those quirks are noticed from a very early age, then a professional might start to consider the possibility of that person being autistic.

I can agree, and I was diagnosed with autism at an early age. But holy shit, some people diagnosed with it I highly doubt have it

What a classic.

I always thought it was retarded that all these kids from completely disparately social circle seemed to have the same taste in music.

god damn bender's so fuckin cool

i literally brought a bunch of flannel stuff to be like him

Makes me wonder if John Hughes even went to high school. I went to saturday school twice and guess what? No one did anything, this was even before smartphones too.

It annoyed me when I watched St. Elmo's Fire that his and Alley Sheedy's characters were complete opposites from their characters in this. It just didn't fit.

That's because there was only about one and a half types of music in existence at the time. It was an awful age.

>all i need is some friends and i can shoot a shitty movie like this

dam

>there was only about one and a half types of music in existence at the time
lol what?

> Underage detected.

he is sort of right though, way less people didn't fall into the :"normie category unless they were in a huge city. Even the "punk" kids mainly listened to mainstream punk rock, not stuff like the Misfits, etc. remember this is before rap got mainstream. Sure you might have a few bands that were "indie" but it mainly meant local bands trying to get big. The indie scene really didn't shoot off like it did in the later 80s and especially early 90s. plus its high school in the suburbs, suburbs John Hughes himself grew up in, so he probably knew way more about this shit than you do.

and unless you worked in a record store, you basically only had the radio and mtv to help you know what to listen to

I still don't really get this movie. Then again my school didn't have detention.

>she will never sprinkle her dandruff on top of your slice of pizza and call it parmesan cheese
what a time to be alive

I-I want to be her friend

Because they sorta accidentally made her appealing in the first place. Her character is supposed to be a somewhat unsettling basketcase, or atleast she's trying to be. Most schools have THAT kid, they're just kinda creepy, they dress weird, act weird, bathe poorly, make weird noises, that shit. However they didn't want to go full hog, they wanted to make her this psuedo-goth punk bag lady who was a giant cry for help by the way she poorly took care of herself, but they didn't actually want to make her gross. So they took the trappings of that but ultimately packaged it in a very appealing way. So she just ended up being cute and weird but not offputtingly so.
The point of the makeover was her abandoning that persona because she'd found friends who would notice her and find her interesting without having to play up the "I'm crazy, please worry about me" card.
But in the end people didn't really bite because they were more entertained and interested in her old look and persona even if it stemmed from an unhealthy place.

What's so hard to get? It's a pretty simple concept.

it's about only being noticed when their actual friends aren't around and then ignored because they don't wanna be seen with you. estevez and the whore were the bad guys

the message was that high school cliques don't mean anything and that people are better when they come together
you know, fiction

>user finally figures out movies are not real but hyper reality
smart boy

chad always win

>the only place that nerds and jocks can get along is heaven

What did Christian Slater mean by this?

it is the hip new slang of the decade instead of using retarded and gay, the kids are using "autism" in everyday life to express what is abnormal too them

>INTENSIFY FORWARD FIREPOWER
>TOO LATE

The jock thought the punk was pretending to have a rough life as a “punk rock image” when he saw the burn put out on his skin he genuinely felt bad for him.

The punk thought the jock has a perfect loving father, and when he found out his father was a bully who pushed his son into acting like a bully to get his acceptance, he felt bad for him.

I liked that the movie did this.

Did he dieded?

People also ask
How many people were killed by lightning?
According to the NOAA, over the last 20 years, the United States averaged 51 annual lightning strike fatalities, placing it in the second position, just behind floods for deadly weather. In the US, between 9% and 10% of those struck die, for an average of 40 to 50 deaths per year (28 in 2008).
Lightning strike - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_strike

The Lost Boys is way more accurate on real life, and the superior teen movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=5WlON7r0m7E

This.

Obvious forced differentiation to get attention.

>she fucked Chad in the end
reeeeeee

I dunno, but she was still best girl regardless.

t. No. 5

Every kid has internal shit going on and it's ok to be very confused at that time of your life

why is her necc so thicc?

If a Chad liked me, would it cure my tism too?

>UHHHGGGGGGHHHHHHHH