Which is worse to hear?

Which is worse to hear?
>LOL were they on drugs when they made this?
>wow i can't believe they got away with that in a kids cartoon!

"Kids cartoon"
It just reinforces the shit mindset that cartoons are for kids

I don't even mind that implication so much as the idea that kids aren't allowed to see such (usually) mundane, inoffensive things. How many people were permanently fucked up by Ren and Stimpy? Fucking nobody.

This. Cartoons are for developmentally stunted people of ALL ages

Next time start a thread about things you like instead of things you hate. This isn't Sup Forums.

The later eps were pretty freaky.

But they were also memorable. And even as a child I preferred a memorable cartoon to sterilized pap.

Not sure if "guy fucked up by nuclear meltdown" counts as my kind of memorable...

Huh. Me neither evidently. I don't even remember that episode.

neither, cause I'm not an austistic social outcast

The second one since Sup Forums says it a lot with shows like Steven Universe.

The fuck you referring to? Cause this is the only thing that came to mind.

Next time post in a thread you like instead of keeping shit like this alive.

>what is sage

The second one. I was thankful when "wow i can't believe they got away with that in a kids cartoon!" was dying out after the 90s but it came back in full force between 2008-2010.

As if my one sage is going to stop everyone else from bumping it.

Also it was on page one. That's not a bump.

Sup Forums says the second one a lot with ALL manner of shows. Go into a "Jokes you didn't understand as a child" thread and every other poster is WOOOOW I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY SAID "POOP" ON TV puritan.

A lot less effective when you post something someone's obviously going to reply to.

While the "kids cartoon" is bad, at least it usually shows that people have SOME sort of appreciation for whatever they're talking about. I can respect that, however primitive it might be.
The "drugs" one is worse. It is just a sign of narrow-mindedness. Why of course, they were using drugs, that's for sure, I mean, not any NORMAL human being would ever come up with something like a gnome barfing rainbow lol kek that's so fukd up!!)))
As a Russian, I also tend to see the "drugs" one much more often. Many Soviet cartoons were pretty surreal and psychedelic, so many people try to explain that with drugs.

However, the absolute worst one has to be this:
"This cartoon scene features drugs/some weird shit happening. CLEARLY it promotes drug use! Fuck the creators of this shit!"

>"This cartoon scene features drugs/some weird shit happening. CLEARLY it promotes drug use! Fuck the creators of this shit!"
I can't think of anything with this outside of the "Cat uses catnip and it's like drugs" trope.

fpbp

Also, you never know, maybe the creators WERE on drugs when they came up with a certain idea.

I've seen various scenes from Family Guy featuring drugs provoke this kind of reaction from people
also I legit heard people complaining that rainbow-coloured apples from MLP are actually drugs

>I've seen various scenes from Family Guy featuring drugs provoke this kind of reaction from people
I had no idea people took Family Guy seriously. Especially since they have a character who basically commits rape once a day, two parents who shit on their children, and even Peter devolved into he fucks kids and animals.

Drugs one all the way. Anytime somebody says that, it tells me that they're the kind of person that has never had a creative thought in their whole life.

The whole "Western Animation" subsection of "Fridge Horror" on Tv Tropes consists of this. People pointing out every single thing that IMPLIES something bad happening to some character as if it's the scariest shit you'll ever hear about in your life.
Actually, the whole Fridge Horror trope is hugely based on this kind of approach.

this meme again

what do you mean?

>>LOL were they on drugs when they made this?
I feel this insults human kind as a whole and their capacity for imagination but
is insulting the whole media and looking down on an entire art form.
So while the first one annoys me more, the second one is actually more insulting.

>is insulting the whole media and looking down on an entire art form.
when the most popular and successful examples of that art form include "Minions", this approach is justified

John K

Well, fuck.