What is this expression trying to convey?

what is this expression trying to convey?

business

god i hope my ship doesnt sink

I don't know how to swim

good business

fuck my shit up senpai

Stiff upper lip.

Whos this British faggot ehhh?

>when you're objectively a decent person but the dirty rat fink fucking pirate is the director's favorite

Why did I laugh at this?

oh shit what have they done

resignation

salazar was just trying to rid the ocean of murderous thieves but no, silly drunk pierat man always wins

>British fleet that once ruled the seas and the world in this movie is basically useless cheap meat with sole purpose to show how stronk dirty pirates are.

look at the corners of his lips
he's watching his wife get fucked for sure

>By George. I immediately regret my decision of ever taking it up with a bunch of loony pirates by way of enslaving an emotionally unstable and vengeful psychopomp to my will. It seems it has all gone pear-shaped for me. I really should have seen this coming when I lesende that the defending party had the psychopomp's divine girlfriend on their side. Alas, I could not fathom where destiny would lead me. My men are just now abandoning the ship left and right. But I, at the center, have to travel furthest to jump the railing. Not to mention that I am a manlet, did not learn and did not factor in my short legs nor arms. I would never clear the distance to escape the imminent explosion of the powder storage. Maybe I could try breaststroke? No, for I didn't even lift. I have no pecs, and I must swim. Nothing for me to do now but acknowledge that my enemies have gotten the better of me. It was an unlikely but not altogether impossible outcome. Best not make this personal. I hanged their families and friends on land, after all. Hey, that is a really nicely worked piece of mahogany railing. Smooth to the touch. Criminy. I wonder if they've got tea in heaven?

He did a fine job with that tbqhfampai.

Orders sir??

NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING I'M IN CHARGE HERE

>Orders, sir?
>We'll be served bouillabaise in a minute and you can take it or leave it.

SIR???

How does the pirate man keep getting away with it??

Why is he bad again? Now when I think about it, I don't recall anything wrong or bad that he did.

Best watch the opening scene of part 3 again, then. After taking the heart of Davy Jones, he started hanging not only pirates, but also family members on land and commonfolk that had at some point come into contact with pirates. Meaning basically everybody not unequivocally part of the upper class or the British navy. Also, he installed a dictatorial set of laws. And he only did that to get to Sparrow and his friends.

>They've started singing, sir.
>About time.

Sounds about right, increasingly desperate measures to restore order when the same pirates continue to flout your laws and get clear nepotism from the locals.

jewry

>They new pirate song
They were guilty

So you hang people who know someone who has an uncle that has a sister that once had a drunken fling in the back alley of a tavern with a pie rat.

Right.

Knowing the clusterfuck that is the Pirates movies, he probably did end up helping YAGG SPARROW escape at one point.

>not OLE! who is this british faggot hombre?

step it up

Didn't the second movie start with hanging of governor? Gotta love the trope of shitting on fun stories by introducing the REAL WORLD CONSEQUENCES in the sequels.

Ole! Who is this anglicone maricon, eh?

British fleet started ruling the seas only after they, by LUCK, btfoed spanish armada.

Forgot to pick up my dry cleaning

This.

name five kinos where this has happened

usually it is the other way around, things start off serious and then get wacky (e.g. literally the movie series you are saying the reverse happened to)

what do you mean by luck?

Both Elizabeth and Will were sentenced to hang for collusion with a pirate, yes. Governor Swann wasn't accused.

Wait, why did the entire navy fleet leave once they sank Goodbusinness’ ship?

I don't even know why he just standing there like an autist when he saw flying Dutchman will Will on it.
Like "fuck they gonna team up to rape my ass, it will be bloody epic for the audience so I will mumble good business...good business"

He shut down. He did not predict an outcome where Jones would lose and therefore slip his control. The Dutchman is a monster of a ship crewed by an army of supernatural, technically immortal fishpeople, and whoever controls it you'd better be on their good side, else you get blown to smitheroons.
The rigid structure of command he himself established collapsed when he was no longer able to give the commands. The other ships saw their flagship torn apart by a ship with gatling cannons up front and the ability to dive crewed by the literal ferryman of the dead at sea. Of course they fucking chickened out. Probably got on their knees and started praying, too.

Can you imagine the awkward conversation Will and Beckett's spirit had on their journey to the afterlife?

>*record scratch, freeze frame*
>yeah, that's me, you're probably wondering how i ended up here.

Well the new star wars for one, perhaps will be back with an update.

Will didn't die and neither did Becket iirc.

Will is broken from the curse in the latest film and as for Becket he joins Sparrow's crew in Stranger Tides. No idea what happened to him after that.

>British fleet started ruling the seas only after they, by LUCK, btfoed spanish armada.
What are the Anglo-Dutch wars?

Will is the ferryman taking the souls of those dead at sea to the afterlife. Beckett got fucking annihilated by the explosion, we see a shot of his body hitting an EIC flag drifting in the water. Granted, it's wholer than you'd expect especially after seeing the aftermath of an explosion on Salazar's crew. But he's dead and you can be sure his soul falls under Will's duty.

>as for Becket he joins Sparrow's crew in Stranger Tides

Nigga what. Do you confuse him with Scrum?

well he might have shut down but if I was a gunmen down below deck I would have fired regardless, shit is fucked either way. Fuck NOBODY on the Endevaour fired, they where all paralyzed? Some retard at least should have lit the canon and fired one volley! Suspension of disbelief died in that moment; in a movie full of giant sea monsters, godesses, undead pirates and tentacleface-man. That didn't faze me but this scene is prime REEEEE material.

>freeze frame
>"You might be wondering how I got into this spot. Well, let's go to the beginning."

>Fuck NOBODY on the Endevaour fired, they where all paralyzed?

Their fucking ace in the hole teamed up with the opposing forces' flagship and was going for a pincer maneuver. Obviously no-one knew what to do when they were expecting their captain to givr order. Their opponent was the fucking ferryman of the dead. Do you fire at the reaper when he's about to blast you to pieces? Would that help or make him angry? Of course it's not realistic that NO ONE says "fuck it, might fight for all it's worth". But that would have ruined the moment, wouldn't it? The soldiers bailing when they notice they're left headless is a good representation for the scene to work.

battle of trafalgar actually sweetie :)

fug :D :DDD

fireships are luck? they got the storm damage on the way home friend

well the scene works better, I'm not arguing that.
But still it just annoys me, that two way smaller ships with less cannons are destroying one much bigger warship (!) without any resistance whatsoever. Also these two smaller ships have battled just seconds before and were bascially already fucked up. How in the seven seas can one not at least try go down, guns blazing? It was such a giant letdown and just LOOKS wrong. It may make for a 'nice ending' of the villain while all around him is exploding; but it still rubs me the wrong way. It's just so utterly stupid, so lame that the main antagonist just goes BRAIN_NOT_FOUND and the good guys win.
And we HAVE seen the magical ships take damage, could break their mast and flee or somethin!?

Maybe. I remember a scene where Sparrow and Gibbs are in Tortuga and they find a guy covered in mud who asks to join their crew. I thought that was Beckett but I could be wrong.

That's Norrington in Part 2.

Pretty spot on my dude, nice

>Jesus Christ, they are actually shooting at us!

kek