DUDE DEPRESSION LMAO

DUDE DEPRESSION LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yfDKKx-uFkA
youtube.com/watch?v=PzoKQjuyiA8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

depression isnt real you fucking faggots
stop drinking water

Yeah, depression is funny, and an endless well of material. I agree.

The show is literally 'everybody else progresses and grows as a person bar Bojack'

Bojack grew a little bit in season 4. Not by much but still, at least he got a happy ending there.

I think Season 4 shows how all the other characters had problems they would have been able to overcome, if Bojack hadn't in some way negatively influenced their lives.

When will the "adult cartoon" meme finally die?
I work in IT and it's full of disgusting bugmen who do nothing but talk about media spectacle like the cereal-eating goyim fucktoys they are. It's too much to handle sometimes. When will our generation shake off the parasitic heebs once and for all and reclaim our fucking birthright? I've HAD it with these filthy backstabbing hymies. Stop making cartoons KIKES.

Is this all that you're going to do on Sup Forums today? Make loads of bullshit and throw in buzzwords?

He has borderline personality disorder. It takles real shit, like self sabotaging and the fear of dying alone. He isn't depressed, he is fucked up though. It's a commentary about Hollywood in general. Also, hammering home the "never work animals" trope, unless they're dogs.

Only brainlets don't like this.

Only brainlets can't fix their own problems, so only brainlets can relate and like the show.

>I work in IT
bugman detected

you mean bar diane

everything wrong with the western world summed up in one cartoon

BUY MY FILTERS!

DUDE ZOOPHILIA LMAO

>he doesn't know mental health disorders are physical/chemical disorders and not just something you can conquer by strength of will alone.
Talk about your brainlets. What you said is akin to suggesting you can heal your broken leg if you just put your mind to it.

How did they make a talking horse so relatable, reddit?

90 percent of mental illnesses can be cured through lifestyle changes and hard work. The only actual perminant mental defect is psychosis, that doesn't really go away.

Brainlets can't make the conscious decision to improve their physical and mental health. It's more like saying brainlets are too dumb to get their leg put in a cast and instead lie in their bed, drink and cry about how their leg hurts.

Accurate

>90 percent of mental illnesses can be cured through lifestyle changes and hard work.
[citation needed]
There are hereditary and non-environmental factors that bring about many mental illnesses. How is changing your lifestyle supposed to fix that? And even in the rare circumstance that it might for a small minority of people, why would it not be more prudent to simply seek professional medical treatment? A non-brainlet wouldn't take the risk of hoping some arbitrary lifestyle change will cure his illness.

>Bojack Horseman isn't dee-

youtu.be/yfDKKx-uFkA

I thought it was more that they were perfectly capable of messing up their own lives without Bojack.

Is bojack about real depression like lady dynamite, or meme depression like rick and morty?

None of that is hard to understand. If you're an adult, you wouldn't need a cartoon with talking animals to teach you about such concepts. Only edgy teens would call someone a brainlet not liking this show.
It's the complete lack of subtlety in its writing, the reliance on cheap toilet humor gags and stereotypes in its comedy, and the lowest quality 2D animation in American television (in a time where zombie Simpsons and Family Guy are still on the air) That is why people don't like the show. Not because babby's first mental illness is too dark and realistic for fragile minds to process. Quite the contrary.

Vocal fry faggot.

It's actually about self destructive behaviors, stemming from abuse and addiction. Depression is merely a byproduct of those things.

I actually enjoyed this show, why is it so cool to hate everything on this board?

Quotes I've seen like make bojack look more like "dude nihilism lmao" rather than being about coping with mental illness
Is that a fair assessment?

I chewed on that idea for a while, and then I thought about how everyone was so bright and successful before meeting Bojack. Princess Carolyn had a ton of potential when she got into the agency,, and the she met Bojack, and his influence infected her. Same with Mr Peanutbutter. Same with Diane. Same with Todd. Everyone had their potential poison.

Season 4 was kind of like witnessing how Bojack's influence is so pervasive, that even with him barely in the picture, they're still ruined. And then Hollyhock was like the new case. Showing how Bojack's influence infects someone new to his life.

And then Penny's trauma only happened a short while ago. The show shows the audience how happy Penny appears. But then when she witnesses Bojack, sure she's freaked out because he came out of nowhere, but also, she gets fully triggered by his presence. Showing that no matter how happy her life may appear, his influence had a strong impact on her life.

meme depression

Nope. Bojack, and all the other characters constantly seek something to give their lives meaning. They're constantly seeking purpose. At times Bojack gets into moods where he stops caring. But in truth, he cares desperately about everything.

Take your pills goy.

Why are the episode 11s all such fucking masterpieces?

So it's meme depression. Like every "nihilist" you meet in real life, they say they don't care about things, they don't believe in things, and by doing that they reveal that they actually care a lot about themselves and their "identity" and what people think of them.

No, it's Bojack literally can't be happy and even when he finally gets nominated for an Oscar he feels empty so he acts like he doesn't care so that people won't take advantage of him.

No, I just said it isn't about depression or nihilism. It's just a drug addicted guy sometimes being sad in between ruining his own life.

Seems like you have meme comprehension.

It's meme depression because it isn't actually about depression, but what people like to romanticize about what they believe is depression and nihilism. You're a meme faggot.

>OP is a Zoey

Depression isn't what the shot is "about". You're a dumb ass who has his mind already made up, because you can't remove it from your own ass.

Literally everyone who recommended this show to me told me it was one of the most realistic depictions of depression they've seen, and a perfect representation of their own nihilistic outlook. That's just three people, but for each of them to say exactly that to me at different occasions does tell me what appeal this show has for nu-male pseuds.

you're friends are faggots pseudo who missed the point of the show

>Peers make claims.
>Consult a 3rd party to verify claims.
>The 3rd party claims differently.
>Claim the 3rd party is wrong based on your peers.
Retard. You don't have to believe me if you don't want. But the way you're trying to shoehorn in your own interpretation is top notch faggotry.

Are any of your friends on meds? Have they ever had to stay in a psych ward?

They could have had an insightful commentary on how Hollywood and fame in general destroys people, but instead pretty much Bojack's whole thing gets reduced to

>dude mommy issues lmao

One of them said they've been misdiagnosed with autism but the truth was that they just feel too much emotion all the time

Mass shootings lmao:
youtube.com/watch?v=PzoKQjuyiA8

That's only season 4 when he stopped acting and they aren't even completely sympathetic with BoJack.

DO you think Bojack is Ben Affleck

Ben Aff-checked

I'm tired of seeing anons hail BH as some landmark work in cartoons, like it's this amazing one of a kind thing thats pushing the medium forward. As a cartoon BH is on the same level as Family Guy.

Now what I mean by this is that the style and the animation of BH serves practically the same purpose and receives the same attention and priority as it does in FG; namely a cheap and easy way to roll out gags. Besides the cheesy gags and the few moments every season where animation suddenly matters, the entire show might as well just not be animated. The dramatic aspects that its fans adore aren't especially accentuated or complimented by the medium except as a mere novelty (its bright and colorful but they're sad and face serious problems!).

Watch an episode of FG and then an episode of BH and notice how many scenes are simply two characters at a 3/4 angle standing across from each other and talking to each other. This style of shot makes up a good 70% of all screentime on both shows and its shot like that specifically because its the easiest and cheapest way. It shows that interest in the style and animation of Bojack is a distant priority in the making of the show. The fact that you need to specifically point out the several sequences where animation does suddenly change just goes to show how much of an afterthought it is. You can tell how little animation and style matters to Bojack by the fact that if you took out all the 'well-animated' portions of the show the plot would by functionally unchanged. You wouldn't miss anything crucial to the show.

Bojack might be a good 'show', but it's a mediocre cartoon.

Why is it so surprising to you that a nihilist is a depressed idealist?

>Bojack might be a good 'show', but it's a mediocre cartoon

I actually agree with this

I'd say still it's a great show, but it is character-driven. If you are genuine animation buff then Bojack doesn't have much in store for you.

But I'd disagree about pushing the medium forward part. The main difference and main strength of Bojack in contrast to FH, Simpsons or SP is continuity, which isn't to say it's flawless, it's just important and noticeable enough that makes the show stand out.

In FH no plot-line have long term consequences. In BH even abandoned plotlines can make a come back. We still don't know how the Charlotte-Penny issue will be resolved.

Decisions of characters shape the story. For adult cartoon it is a major change.

Anime has had running plot for decades.

We can agree that Mr Peanutbutter is by far the best character right?

You're fucking joking
Surely nobody on Sup Forums is dumb enough to not believe in chemical imbalances or the psychological damage that modern society does to the human brain

I suspect that mental illness would largely vanish if we all had to fight and kill to survive again, and not just because the suicidal ones would die first

Watch this:
youtu.be/yfDKKx-uFkA

Reminder, Sup Forums loved BoJack before it got popular.

This is just the usual contrarian thread

>dude I'm too lazy to fix my shit!
>it's actually a very real personality disorder shitlord, you have no right to say I'm not trying hard enough ugh!

nice revisionism newfag

Welcome to the board friend, let me know if you have any question about posting :)

I'm glad Aaron Paul still has a job

>show has group of tightly-knit characters
>they grow apart as show goes on
>now they have their own lives
>BoJack is self-destructive still
>show is now about 5 different characters and their individual lives, sometimes they interact
It's too real, Sup Forums

I thought it was really about how Bojack has a tendency to suck in and destroy everything around him, and how he doesn't really know how to find fulfillment for himself or put forth meaningful effort. Every work he pursues for himself he finds a way to undercut himself, even when he finally starts pursuing his dream project, which he eventually quits. Every bit of praise and reception for Secretariat he sees as a falsehood, which just validates his self image.

Animal bits are just for levity but there are some good gags in there.

>Sup Forums is one person

oh boy, this meme again.

anyway
>Season 1: Good
>Season 2: Great
>Season 3: shit
>Season 4: Back to form

>5 different characters
>Bojack
>Peanutbutter
>Asian Daria
>Princess Carolyn
>...?

The guy from Breaking Bad that they keep around because people are sad that he'll never get another acting gig?

anime is not exactly adult cartoon and majority of it is high-grade schlock and trash.

You know it's true user. You know it was a mistake.

Sort of agree, but it also uses its medium well. Big things change, like Hollywoo, and frequent scenery changes that a niche show filmed in live action wouldn't manage, as well as direct location depictions that would probably cost a fortune and could potentially be rejected by many places due to the satirical nature of the series (like almost anywhere lampooned on the show).

I don't think the animation does anything special ever, but the fact that it's animated helps it in a lot of ways, from tone to scope.

The show does not endorse this way of thinking. Later on the character is faced with his own mortality in the form of a loved one coming down with a terminal illness and the emotions he has been repressing come to haunt him.

Based.

>continuity
I feel as though BH fails in this regard to a certain degree because the showrunners are in some sense 'schizophrenic' about the identity of the show. In every season there seems to be less 'meaningful' content to the character driven plot aspects of the show than they have episodes and the result is numerous sidetracks in goofy comedy and hamfisted social criticism that intrude and sometimes overshadow and diminish the 'character study' the show wants to be. The blurring of the line between the 'real drama' meant to be a serious reflection of life and the cartoon hijinks 'unreality' creates a tonal inconsistency that makes the drama seem less pressing and the comedy seem unnecessary or tacked on. It wants to be more than a typical animated sitcom but it refuses to fully let go of its conventions. You can't break the mold and simultaneously shackle yourself to it.

I just like the show desu

>tfw princess Carolyn's future grandchild episode

>too much emotion
This person is not depressed, real depression is a lack of emotions