Captain Marvel/Shazam

I really love this character's design and the basic story behind him. What are the must read comics/movies/shows with him in it? I'd like to get the most out of him.

>Comics
A bunch of old shit before DC sabotaged him, Alex Ross' nob-gobbling him in Justice, Jeff Smith's Monster Society of Evil (non-canon).
>Movies
lel
>Shows
A couple of JL animated episodes, and a direct to video cartoon. The daytime show was awful.

Gotchu right here, senpai.

Thanks my friend!

How is Shazam: A Celebration of 75 years?

Multiversity: Thunderworld should be added to this. It's a great issue.

Along with the Convergence issues.

He's just a kid!

Pretty much as good as all the other ones except the JSA one which is shit.

Did they ever release the new 52 Shazam origin storyarc into one book? Id rather not get the Justice League titles just so I can read that, fuck New 52 JL

Yes, it's collected into one trade.

The actual Justice League trades don't collect the backups at all AFAIK.

Just the best Captain Marvel.

Lame.

>BIG

RED

CHEESE

Curse of Shazam if you want more recent stories, also has one of my favorite costume redesigns in New 52.

Not in that story.

Will there ever be a superhero as cool as Captain Marvel?

It looks a lot more wizardly which falls in line with the emphasis they put on his magical powers over being a different Supes, but I'll always miss the half cape

Oh child, you are in for a treat. It's hard to go wrong with Billy and friends.

When is he getting his own book again DC you fucking fucks

At least Billy doesn't have cancer.

Shush, user. Billy doesn't need to have a book forced all the time. Best to let them use him when they need him or have a good story in mind. Books just for the sake of having a book rarely go well- just look at Finch's Wonder Woman.

Quiet you. It's been too long and he was poorly handled in JL. He could at least get a mini

Flash was Worse.

I liked New 52 Billy. I'm a bit sad he never got the series Johns talked about, Johns seemed like he had an idea but I guess it never materialized.

Captain Marvel is one of the few heroes whose Golden Age material still holds up. Even the old movie serial is pretty fun, he tosses people left and right.

OP here. So if I were looking to readup on Captain Marvel via buying graphic novels, which should I buy?

I'm looking at and it seems like maybe I should pick up the Shazam The Archives series of collections?

Keep in mind his golden age appearances are public domain and can be found just about anywhere on the internet including the digital comics museum.

He's public domain along with the entire Marvel Family. You could write your own book.

He's only partially public domain, and both Captain Marvel and Shazam are trademarked.

The rec image plus the Multiversity issue and the two-part Convergence mini. Those are all that you need.