I go on reddit and I unironically believe in universal basic income, the show

>I go on reddit and I unironically believe in universal basic income, the show

Other urls found in this thread:

moviesonline.mn/watch/PGpymXd3-black-mirror-season-3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hit the nail on the head. Charlie is a fuckin hack

it's the anti-reddit show

or is the third season out and you're talking about something I don't know yet?

> third season
4th, you mean. How is it anti-reddit? Nosedive?

Explain why, with the increasing automation of jobs, there should not be a universal basic income.

>mad at fiction

close the borders and I"d be in favor of UBI

Who's going to pay for UBI when everything is done by robots? Reminder that Government produces nothing. Who dishes out the UBI?How old do you start collecting UBI? Think of the push for $15 minimum wage. Why not make it $100? What if everything becomes more expensive because of UBI (like college)?

>Who's going to pay for UBI when everything is done by robots?

wow you really are stupid huh

Money doesn't grow on trees my man

>increasing automation of jobs
>humans_are_horses.jpg

no its
>bbc x white woman: the show

>his country doesn't have closed borders
Enjoy your first world, friend. God, if there's at least one good thing that this shitty government ever done, it's hating foreigners.

You think money is just paper? Anyways the UBI would just lead to an inflation until the UBI is basically nothing and everybody would need to get jobs again.

Capitalism is built upon scarcity. Full automation of most industries means the vast majority of scarcity vanishes. Without scarcity, the only way to value anything is arbitrarily. Thus the valuation of a UBI would be arbitrary as the value of basic human needs would also be arbitrary. Both would have to be defined in such a way as the UBI would be able to fulfill several times basic human needs. Basic human needs as defined by the entirety of the bottom two levels of maslow's hierarchy.

I understand these are rough concepts to digest for one raised in the west. As the west isn't exactly falling over itself to prepare children for post-capitalism.

>women are untrustworthy assholes who will cheat on you or abandon you: the show
I can't think of anything less in line with Reddit ideals. It's still a boring pretentious show however

That was only one episode though.

Because if people no longer need to work for (((the man))) to survive, how can the white race become covertly enslaved?

>Capitalism is built upon scarcity.
This is all a false premise. Economics on planet Earth is based on scarcity. It doesn't matter if we have a capitalist system a feudal or even communist system. Scarcity never goes away. The difference is in how you deal with scarcity. Capitalism specifically free markets have been the most successful by far in human history. It's currently the most efficient way to handle scarcity.
>Full automation of most industries means the vast majority of scarcity vanishes.
False. See above. Scarcity never goes away.
>Without scarcity, the only way to value anything is arbitrarily. Thus the valuation of a UBI would be arbitrary as the value of basic human needs would also be arbitrary.
The false premise really shines right here.
>Both would have to be defined in such a way as the UBI would be able to fulfill several times basic human needs. Basic human needs as defined by the entirety of the bottom two levels of maslow's hierarchy.
Circular logic. Nice.
>I understand these are rough concepts to digest for one raised in the west. As the west isn't exactly falling over itself to prepare children for post-capitalism.
>Sprinkle a touch of ego/narcissism
>Pretend to know what I'm talking about
Ahh to be young again.

It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist yet, won't exist for a while, and relies on a good number on assumptions to make sense. That type of thinking generally makes you look like a complete idiot after a few decades passed : see pic related.
It's also associated with dumb reddit idiots because it's basically the incarnation of reddit : sensationalists headlines, dumb ideas that can be explained in no more than a couple sentence to get the most upvotes from the brainlets who will upvote anything that make themselves feel gratified/smarter than others, and that will then be reposted and perpetuated because it gives easy imaginary internet points.
Other examples of this are people saying "DAE think house of cards should have had 4 seasons of 13 episodes to make a full set of cards ???" on /r/television, "we should pay all politicians at the median salary so that they're incentivized to help the middle class", "you need to make a license and a test before you're allowed to have kids so that there's no more bad parents", etc etc etc.

The technology to fully automate most industries exists right now. Its simply more economically sound to pay a retard minimum weekly wages than it is to pay up front for several year's worth of the retard's labor with the added risk of needing to pay more as complications arise with the automation.

A good example would be the Automobile industry and why it automates. Specifically the UAW and crushing labor unions couple with government regulations like CAFE standards etc.

>circular logic all over yourself
>cite circular logic on the clean logic

doubleplus good newspeak comrade

>I understand these are rough concepts to digest for one raised in the west. As the west isn't exactly falling over itself to prepare children for post-capitalism.

implying anywhere other than the West anyone even knows what you're talking about, much less takes it seriously

Of course the technology exists, just as the technology to make flying cars existed since planes and cars existed. But that's not the point.

But user, UBI is the only way to prevent civil unrest in the face of automation

moviesonline.mn/watch/PGpymXd3-black-mirror-season-3.html
A television anthology series that shows the dark side of life and technology.

How is the existence of the technology not the point? This isn't a case where the technology to send men to the moon exists, this is the idea where it would be perfectly economically viable to fully automate most industries, but since automation implies random risk, it is not considered economically sound. An additional barrier to automation is the third world, as being able to pay people less in a year than the suggested retail markup of a single product they'll build means automation never.

Not to mention the price points of basic human needs are already so deflated they have to be artificially maintained in the west in order to ensure capitalistic entities bother with the industries at all.

anti-reddit and anti-bugmanism in spirit

white christmas and the entire history of you was about women cheating

They'll just continue doing what they've been doing already - destroying culture and identity.

dude, you know money is man-made, right? we can print more any time we want to

There doesn't need to be a secret cabal of world dominationists to destroy culture. Capitalism does that by default, As only what can be sold at a profit will be maintained.

This.
What could go wrong?

>dude currency doesn't devalue almost as fast as poor (read: everyone without several million in the bank) can make it lmao! dudel look at zimbabwe lmao! That's what devalued currency looks like lmao!

epic, i like it

>DUDE LMAO
discarded

>dude discarded lmao!