Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=upsR80YmwWc
youtube.com/watch?v=OeLnZ4Wr4jU
youtu.be/WKPRyKYdBYA
youtube.com/watch?v=ifanqybnoFY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

MOOOOOOM!!!

Is Sup Forums gonna pet the crocodiles? ;_:

"I feel something important is happening here tonight and somehow it is deeply connected to my purpose."

This line sent chills down my spine. Robert Pattinson's performance was stellar. So glad he actually made a name for himself after Twilight. Fuck k-stew.

so you've seen it?

are there more of those synthy sounds in the movie or was it just for the trailer

good film, Pattinson was great

what's he like in The Lost City of Z and The Rover?

Has Sup Forums ever not gotten along with their family members sometimes? Family drama?

Entire movie was synth. Very hyper-realistic.

Lost City of Z and Rover you don't even know it's him.

Just the trailer, the score is this twangy pop/bluegrass

>Entire movie was synth. Very hyper-realistic.

>Just the trailer, the score is this twangy pop/bluegrass

well which one is it?

He deserved better in 'Z,' the film is a mess and his role little more than 'sidekick who keeps popping up by the antagonists side for increasingly convoluted reasons.' The performance is great, but inconsequential, a better film might have had him as the focus.

It's very synthy. Just fucking download it and watch it there's a torrent already.

booked a ticket in my kinoplex already for this on friday

I am a brainlet. Can somebody explain to me why the brother was NOT the one dude in the hospital? Why was his brother all of a sudden somewhere else?

The guy in the cafeteria that said the prisioners are on (x) floor only gave him the floor number. The hospital is big so Constantine went to the first cop room he could find (he's not very smart, low level criminal) and took him. it didn't help that they had damn near the same hair.

He just assumed wrong. It was an effective, (if a tad confusing the first time around) directorial choice to switch actors.

Oh cool he went to got sprayed by bank paint, jerked off in a dominos bathroom, goosechased a sprite bottle of lsd (outdated af concept) with a junkie using a uneraged nigresses's car who he would have fucked if he had the chance, beat and drugged a somali into permanent mental retardation, & when it was all said & done left his retarded brother to rot in an institution.

Yet somehow thanks to about a 3 mile radius of on location shooting it still feels like nothing is hapoening but you know BASED OPN AND LE PEPE means its got to be the goat.

Director unironically thinks kek apparel makes him next level; the film is r/Sup Forums the movie. Idgaf if him or Pattinson browses here or have closed ties with Warp records. Idgaf if Pattinson is friends with Death Grips. This film was a vapid exercise in the new wave of mumblecore, just like A Ghost Story and Song to Song were.

It amazes me that fanboys of this flick are probably the same who shit on films like It Comes At Night or The Void when so much more effort went into those films. Fucking memers

thanks based anons.

btw the face when no black loli-gf that will help with criminal activity

>jerked off in a dominos bathroom
What

>left his retarded brother to rot
If by that you mean, rehabilitate and relate to people who are not using you as criminal patsies, sure.

>somehow thanks to about a 3 mile radius of on location shooting it still feels like nothing is happening
What even is this argument exactly? Films need to be regional in scope, national? Avoid Petra Von Kant, 12 Angry Men, Do the Right Thing, After Hours, and Glenngary

You're fake news. Projection: The Triggered user.

NEW THREAD>>>>

stop being a faggot

this movie already came out op
your late
and yes i had a good time

He was good in The Lost City of Z. To bad the film was awful and Charlie Hunnam was the lead.

>"I feel something important is happening here tonight and somehow it is deeply connected to my purpose."

No, i feel you.

The scene in dominos was unnecessary. He may as well have been jerking off. The money was clearly worthless after the paint and there was no need to even attemot to follow up with it

The whole point, supposedly, was to rescue his brother. The fact that he failed as a plot point doesn't reflect poorly on the movie inherently, sure, but it certainly doesn't help it all from feeling like one big nothing.

Small sets are not bad when actors can channel real human tension and anxiety to make up for lack of spectacle. This director clearly tried to create spectacle on a smaller scale and simultaneously convey humanity in his characters; imo he failed at both.

I honestly think purchasing the soundtrack would honestly be a better use of time than actually sitting through this thing. I get the idea of antiheroes, flawed humanity, zero-sum games... But it was all executed so cheaply as if it was begging to hold a millenial's attention span that any virtue was lost. And again, the memery on the director's part is just cheap marketing. I applaud independents, especially if they might be cut from the same cloth as us, but using that as a selling point is a disgusting use of the culture.

Oh look another music video movie

It threw me for a loop the first time, but it seemed like a comic flourish. Having this random bonehead wake up all confused and freaking out, rather than his brother, even if the camera had to cheat a bit to get there.

>Oh look another music video movie
....and it's a great music video
youtube.com/watch?v=upsR80YmwWc

>The scene in dominos was unnecessary.
What are you talking about exactly? 'Scene' is generous, he hides out there for a split second.

>The whole point, supposedly, was to rescue his brother.
Are you autistic? That's the 'plot,' but cinema is art, it tells the story of people. This person was an aggressively charming, forceful fuckup. He may have wanted to rescue his brother in his heart, but his brother was already in the best place for him in the first frames of the film. He clearly harmed his brother, that's more to the point.

>the lack of spectacle
Really? Not every film is a Megaplex Xplosion fest.

Be honest, were you browsing and shitposting as you 'watched?'

Is it very similar to drive?

the soundtrack and colors give me a refn vibe

It's more akin to Pusher but smaller scale, no guns and little violence

>It's more akin to Pusher but smaller scale, no guns and little violence
the 1996 or 2012 movie?

The original. It's not terribly similar, but there's some thematic and aesthetic crossover.

>Rober Pattinson jacked off a dog for the movie
youtube.com/watch?v=OeLnZ4Wr4jU

A scene is a scene.

Cinema should tell a story, and a good story is rich. This was a shallow novella at best. And 'aggressively charming'? Did you really just admit to falling in love with Pattinson's amateur portrayal of a 21st century sociopath?

His brother may or may not be in a better place. Institutions are businesses just as prisons are; rehabilitation is a myth. But that is beside the point and more of an audience opinion. My point is that the film set out with a clear goal and idea that while selfishly using his handicapped brother, the MC actually cared for him and didn't want to lose him, perhaps because he was all he had left in life after losing touch with his possibly abusive mother and his toxic relationship with his "girlfriend" (ATM).

And no, I'm no Michael Bay fan. But the director couldn't decide whether to use violence or character exposition to pull his film along, and by the end of the runtime it felt like both were hamfisted.

As far as shitposting goes? Nearly every thread made on the film has an OP image of Pepe or KANGZ. I'm not here to shitpost, but the director was obviously relying on that as a fallback for hype generation.

Its no Pusher.

So, Edward is starting to redeem himself?

You're in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a chicken, it's laying an egg. You reach down, you pick the egg up in your hand. The chick inside tries to back free, it's suffocating inside the egg, pecking against the shell trying to get itself out, but it can't, not without your help. But you're not helping. How many chickens do you have?

The Rover came out three years ago, you pleb shit.

If you were actually present, you'd know that he has been redeeming himself for a while now.

You're right, it's better.

"Am I making sense right now or do I just sound like a faggot?"

The one on the right looks like a scary motherfucker.

Literally watched it yesterday, it's very good. Raw, brutal, emotional, sincere. Refn's Pusher meets Drive.

Retard strength

>starting
Cosmopolis, family

Real retard or amazing acting?

He literally directed the movie.

Great movie and the soundtrack is awesome.

youtu.be/WKPRyKYdBYA

You're right, I didn't hate Good Time as a low-budget film but it definitely wasn't great and/or memorable.

youtube.com/watch?v=ifanqybnoFY

>mfw i get to the end of the movie

She has a few good movies as well. I thought Good Time was below average.

>Yet somehow thanks to about a 3 mile radius of on location shooting it still feels like nothing is hapoening

The movie takes place in a number of areas in New York. Did you even watch the fucking movie?

Not in the slightest

*reluctantly crosses room*