Fuck you, I loved it. And I don't get the hate too

Fuck you, I loved it. And I don't get the hate too.

Yet here you are looking to get into an argument with anonymous internet people.

>And I dont get the hate too
Well at least you admit you're an idiot. You can still understand why people hate it and still personally enjoy it user. Personally I think its a misfire, and the sequel is dogshit

It's not like I have anything better to do with my life.

The first one is perfectly fine and was originally received as such even around here. It got a lot of retroactive hate because of the sequel.

It just felt completely soulless. The direction, the dialogue, and even the acting all felt just so stiff. It pretty much remade the first Raimi film but without the charm, wit, and humility. While that movie felt like a dream project by a fan, this felt like someone saw that one and went "that made money, let's try it again."

I never saw ASM2, but I heavily disliked ASM1 when I saw it. Heck, it was the reason I skipped ASM2.

Does anyone even hate the first one? Seems like the general consensus was just that it was decent, but just sort of lacked the charm that the Raimi movies had.

I dont necessarily hate it, but its not worth praising either. Garfield was a shitty Peter Parker, plot points go nowhere, and Lizard left much to be desired.

That's kind of my biggest issue with it. Garfield doesn't really portray a good Peter Parker - he just seems to act the same both in and out of costume. While Peter Parker's meant to be this nerd, this dorky guy who no-one would ever expect to be a wisecracking hero... While Garfield is just this good looking guy who no-one would really hate. It jus feels like it's a movie about the idea of Spider-Man, like someone read a Wikipedia biography of him, rather than actually read the comics.

I ended up liking Lizard's design a lot more after seeing it in motion, but I'll never understand why they made him naked. He looked great when he was wearing a labcoat for ten seconds.

I have a suggestion

I hated his design. People love to cite his first appearance, but there was a reason it was ditched.

It was great! The second one was bad, but the first is the best spiderman movie made yet

I enjoy it too, but don't try to pretend you don't know why people hate it just so you can have a thinly veiled shitstorm

>he just seems to act the same both in and out of costume.

Just like Tobey Maguire.

Please explain why. Not trying to be rude, I just want to know why

Not that guy, but I enjoyed it.

>Andrew Garfield is a more dynamic actor than Tobey Maguire and conveyed more of Spider-Man's personality.

>The romance subplot was just miles above in terms of writing and chemistry.

>The Lizard was an alright villain. Not great but not awful.

>The worldbuilding around the mysteries of OsCorp was actually promising at the time.

>Good action scenes that make good use of the environment and have more Spidey-like takedowns.

>The crane scene was awesome.

That spoiler is gonna need even more explaining

Of course you don't, you're an idiot.

I like all "New York helps Spider-Man" scenes across the five movies, and I liked the collaborative aspect that one had and how it evoked the thematic of power and responsability, not to mention it features that overcoming of odds that Spider-Man is all about. Plus the score is nice and it features some top notch swinging.

Andrew Garfield is a total tweaker in this movie.

i wanna marry emma stone

The first one was great. The second one fucked everything up.

I will always love how they had Flash actually be a bro in these movies.

It honestly throws me when people try to say that Tobey is a stronger actor than Andrew.

I'M RADIOACTIVE
RADIOACTIVE

I enjoyed it the whole lot. I was so looking towards the sequel. Oh, how disappointed I was.

Meanwhile, Maguire portrayed a mopey, charmless, dopey fool without a shred of dynamism or wit in his whole body. Both his Spiderman and Parker had all the charisma of wet putty.

That's fair.

I already enjoy it for the fact that he didn't reveal his face to half New York every movie.
I groaned when he pulled his mask off for the kid because I was expecting another "he's just a dude like us omgtearsevrytyme" scene, but thankfully they didn't go that way.

You bring up valid points. However, all that crap goes out the window in the sequel, and now the general movie going public openly hates both movies retroactively.

Some of the common complaints from not nerds:

>The move is boring (origin story that we all know)
>Why isn't Peter a science genius?
>Why is Gwen Stacey the teenage science genius?
>Peter is not a nerd
>Uncle Ben died over a bottle of milk
>The Lizard looks like crap
>The costume sucks