Please tell me this isn't true bros

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/enjoyment-of-trash-films-linked-to-high-intelligence-study-finds-a7171436.html

Are we the brainlets all along? Am I not smart for understanding all of Kubrick's films?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304422X16300821
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It means enjoying bad movies as in laughing at them for what they are. Kind of like Redlettermedia's Best of the Worst series.

>stretching enjoyment of trash dialogue for half a decade
Sup Forums confirmed for most intelligent board of all

I've seen this before . Here's the actual study

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304422X16300821

While study itself doesn't say what the article's headline says, it says people who enjoy trash films are usually well educated.

All in all never judge someone's intelligence by their movie tastes. The smartest people I know have very pleb taste in movies.(I know guy who isn't training to be a heart surgeon and some of his favorite films are Borat,The Hangover and Easy A)

What it says then is that educated and successful people don't care about movies and only watch them to fill a void in their lives.

Since most people are not like that, they're not off the hook for liking similarly trashy films.

Similar to VERY dumb comedies (Jackass, Borat etc etc)
High-intelligence level people will laugh, dumb people won't see anything funny in them.
IT guys or programmers look at casual computer users like at cavemen. Casual computer users look at IT guys and programmers like at aliens.

Most idiots I know try to overcompensate for their shitty brains by being pretentious fucking faggots woll listen to classical music, watch arthouse films and read russian literature. Then I got friends who are engineers and doctors and they don't give a fuck. They enjoy the dumbest shit you could imagine. They're smart enough that they don't need it to be validated by the entertainment they consume.

I knew watching 80s trashers would get me somewhere

Good.

"Intellectual" posters can fuck off from my Sup Forums!

>(I know guy who isn't training to be a heart surgeon and some of his favorite films are Borat,The Hangover and Easy A)
I work in the healthcare industry, one of the biggest shocks I ever had in my life was the realization that most doctors aren't super-geniuses who know everything, and actually most of them are kind of dumb assholes outside of their very narrow scope.
It's weird, like finding out santa claus isn't real, except you're an adult and you thought you were in on all those secrets.

>"To such viewers, trash films appear as an interesting and welcome deviation from the mainstream fare", says Sarkhosh. "We are dealing here with an audience with above-average education, which one could describe as 'cultural omnivores'. Such viewers are interested in a broad spectrum of art and media across the traditional boundaries of high and popular culture." He went on to explain that their engagement in film culture is demonstrated by their discussion of these films in blogs and forums.

>welcome deviation from the mainstream fare
this is true

watching a old cheesy horror flick is 10x better than watching an average capeshit film

I bet liking anime is also a sign of genius, my fellow 4channer. :)

"I wanna go home and watch transformers" revealed to have had superior intellect all along.

People who watch trash and enjoy it are usually the people who can admit it's trash.

Meanwhile you got obnoxious millennials and pretentious first semester philosophy dropouts who pretend like Blade Runner is some kind of masterpiece and call anyone who shits on it a pleb or cuck and say that they just don't understand it.

>study funded by sony pictures

Not really, I think it only means that the average "good films" aka Star Wars and Capeshit are pure shit that only brainlets enjoy.

Yeah.
People want to feel or be seen as smart.
If you're an engineer or a doctor people already see you as smart so you don't need to do anything else to feel validated.

Not sure if it was David Mitchell that had a bit about it, but it was something like how there are a lot of reality tv stars who boast about their IQ, and not a lot of scientists.

It's mostly that engineers are anti-art

Sasha Baron Cohen films in general are some of the purest of comedykinos

>implying Michael Bay isn't a legitimate genius
Stop using great films as an example of trash.

He's the thinking man's Nolan. Pure unadulterated kino.

No shit, "intellectual" movies are boring as fuck

The only people who watch those are idiots who want to appear smart.

>being autistic and taking shit 100% serious at all times doesn't make you smart
this

I can't be arsed to check, but this study heavily depends on how they defined a "trash" movie.

>Kubrick
user, according to this study you're a genius!

Why don't people realize that multiple intelligences is not a meme, you can be a genius in one area and a retard in others

I think the point is that if you're actually smart, and secure/confident in that, you don't need to "use" other people's artwork as intellectual validation. You don't need to put together the most obscure, intimidating top 10 to prove you're not a pleb, and treat your "taste" in passive entertainment as if it's a competitive sport. That doesn't mean art films and serious drama hold no appeal at all, it just means you don't feel compelled to shit on comedies or genre films, because sometimes you just want to unwind and watch something pleasant that'll make you laugh.

Yesssssssssssssss

now I'm not a brainlet anymore if I go see JUSTice league!

YES
I have an IQ of 199 and i like anime very much.

/lbg/ BTFO

I am not going to disagree because I've personally seen Doctors spread some pseudo science but this guy is the usual clear entrance exams at young age , Get into one of the bets medical colleges in the country, he also cleared an exam for a high level government bureaucratic position. He is an extremely knowledgeable. The only person I've met personally that I would call a genius.

I would say his films a bit smarter than people give them credit for.

>Are we the brainlets all along?

Wat a tweeest

Especially true but in my experience a lot of "filmbuffs" I know who can pick apart any film generally lead mediocre lives. Actual successful folk don't seem to have much of a keen interest in film. Although reading a lot(non fiction stuff) seems to be more of thing with intelligent people than film.

I hate these "Stupid fucking people are actually smart" studies. There's like 10 different variations of them that come out every week.

only patricians can truly enjoy Batman & Robin's kino quips

iu always found the hate for the resident evil and transformers movies overblown. theyre great schlock kino like steven sommers deep rising and the mummy

Oh so that's what DCucks meant when they said Snyder movies were only for smart people. Really makes me think.