Batman Star Ben Affleck Says He Wants A "Graceful And Cool Way" To Exit DC Universe

>There has been much speculation about Ben Affleck's future as Batman in DC's superhero movies over the past few months. Last week, the star seemed to suggest that his future as the Caped Crusader was in doubt. He has now confirmed that he is looking to leave the DC universe.

>Speaking to USA Today, Affleck revealed that the standalone Batman movie that is set to be directed by War for the Planet of the Apes' Matt Reeves is now only "something I'm contemplating." Affleck then went on to state, "You don't do it forever, so I want to find a graceful and cool way to segue out of it."

>Affleck's comments are in line with the story that The Hollywood Reporter ran in July, which stated that DC is considering "gracefully" easing Affleck out of the role that he first played in last year's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

>Affleck, who appears as Batman in this week's Justice League, was originally set to star in, direct, and co-write the Batman movie. However, he stepped down as director in January and since then the direction of the film has clearly changed. While Reeves has stated that Affleck is still involved, he has also confirmed that the star's script would no longer be used. Although the movie is frequently referred to as The Batman, it does not yet have a confirmed title or release date.

>Justice League hits theaters on Friday. The first reactions from critics are more positive than many expected, given the largely negative response to Batman v Superman. Click here to check out our roundup of some of the first opinions that appeared on Twitter.

Three movies and he already wants to quit. I wish they'd cast someone with an attention span.

gamespot.com/articles/batman-star-ben-affleck-says-he-wants-a-graceful-ass/1100-6454926/

Other urls found in this thread:

syfy.com/syfywire/dcs-flashpoint-reportedly-depends-on-success-of-justice-league
youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He's still contracted for one more leading role so that's gonna be Reeves' The Batman.

I'm sick of Affleck's "muh divorce" and "muh alcoholism". I wish WB drops him first before he drops them.

Unless JL bombs and they just reboot the whole DCEU

>syfy.com/syfywire/dcs-flashpoint-reportedly-depends-on-success-of-justice-league

Aquaman is already well into production so uh, they're kind of screwed.

I just brainfarted and pictured Keanu as Batman.

That would actually be fucking kickass.

Fuck it, make Jon Hamm put some Mad Men muscle back on and use him as Bruce/Batman instead

Even if they wanna go the whole comedy route it makes more sense since Affleck's humour never evolved past DUDE WEED

If he wants a graceful and cool way to leave the DCEU and to give them a big middle finger for fucking up his chance to play Batman, then obviously he should make one good Batman solo film and then dip on their shitty franchise.

Sounds to me like he's just keeping up appearances when really he just wants to bounce and go back to making oscar nominated films.

he's never been contracted for the batman film, he only ever signed a 3 appearance deal with WB and he's fulfilled that

Hamm didn't even have muscle in Mad Men, he just has a big frame. And Mad Men was a long time ago, Hamm looks much older (and balder) now. And your idea is retarded anyway, why would they change an old actor for another old actor?

Elder statesman Bruce Wayne *would* be looking for a way to pass on the mantle.

Yeah but John Wick is basically Batman with a gun so I think we're in pretty good shape for Keanu kino.

>Hamm didn't even have muscle in Mad Men, he just has a big frame.
So you might say... he's a big guy?
*strokes chin thoughtfully*

I think I know the perfect role for him.

BATMAN BEYOND MOVIE CONFIRMED?

the fever the rage the hunger

>>Justice League hits theaters on Friday. The first reactions from critics are more positive than many expected, given the largely negative response to Batman v Superman. Click here to check out our roundup of some of the first opinions that appeared on Twitter.

Blatant shilling. The first reactions to BvS were even more positive than JL. First reactions consist of shill reviewers who want early screenings.

We'll see. I think this will be very funny if it's just like the election and people on one side who were waiting excitedly to shitpost after the result they were so sure would come to pass only to be left with their dicks dry.

Why not use Flashpoint to recast? Have that explain why Wayne is younger and looks different.

That would be my hope, yes, though with Grayson filling in. It makes the most sense.

You still think that the movie will do below +$800M

Even with shitty RT score SS did way better than Doctor Stranger without China Market now imagine JL.

It would be a pretty unique direction for the DCEU and I wouldn't mind it if they do it correctly. Replace Affleck with a character who's still Batman, have it fit in the story instead of it just being an actor replacement, and pick someone who won't get bored of being Batman and will be in it for the long haul.

Question is, who should they cast?

>game stop
>film news
Fake News

he's fat

youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

Hamm would absolutely crush it as Bruce Wayne, but he's on record as wanting nothing to do with capeshit because it takes over your career and he'd rather do lots of roles than be stuck as one guy in a suit until he's 50.

>Keanu as Batman.
He can be bad future Thomas Wayne Batman in flash point where he uses guns

>yfw just like Bale and every other self-respecting actor Affleck wants out of the capeshite manchild garbage
>yfw he realizes he's damaging his reputation as a serious actor, director, screenwriter by being in no brainz capeshit
>yfw no one involved with capeshit likes it and realizes how gay it is, unless they're shameless fags like RDJ
>yfw no one gets that SW and capeshit are cancer and anti-culture and its palpable

>It's Skyrim with guns!

What is?

Farcry 3.

This is nonsense.

Yeah gamepost is trash and isnt even a viable source for walkthroughs anymore.
iirc RDJ has been trying to out of the mcu for years now, iron man 3 was supposed to be his last appearance.
I agree.

So that's why they keep saying he's going to die in Infinity War, huh? Smug people who think they're spoiling the movie for other people by making an educated guess.

/thread

>GOAT Batman wants out

Shame

A bruce I could realistically believe

Hamm's only memorable role is a guy in a suit.

I couldn't. I just look at him and I see Ben Affleck. He's too recognizable an actor. Unlike Cavill who genuinely feels like Superman.

Tell me which young actor could possibly play him that either:

A) Isn't already in capeshit like Marlel or DCEU
B) Doesn't look like a soyboy
C) Is fully up for being in capeshit in the first place

Too old and he'll be in Walking Dead til he looks like Affleck now

literally batmans dad

>Marvel degenerating into flavorless gruel
>DC imploding amidst internal sabotage

Shia

>iirc RDJ has been trying to out of the mcu for years now
Yeah, right.

I kind of feel sorry for him. Presumably, he's a big fan of Batman, so it must have been a dream come true for him to write, direct, and star in his own Batman movie, only to have the rug pulled out from under him. I would have liked to see his version of Batman.

>iirc RDJ has been trying to out of the mcu for years now, iron man 3 was supposed to be his last appearance.
It's a ploy for more shekels. That's a bigger open secret than boyfucking.

Yeah..

> Do Batman
> Do JL 2
> Gets killed in JL 2
> Grayson replaces him as batman

Perfect actually

>Batman withdraws cooly

Too bad Bale can't go back to being Batman, unless we want a Fatman..

>Three movies and he already wants to quit. I wish they'd cast someone with an attention span.

fucking him over left and right with the solo batman flick, the stupid changes to the JL movie and characters the absolute state of WB can you fucking blame him

Idea: Something like what Thomas Wayne did in The Button and then they introduce his new actor.
This.

Bale? I miss Bale

My ancestor :)

I want Batman to die so we can get a pure Batfamily ensemble movie.

I guarantee you it isn't the films or the production house, or any of that shit that he's got a problem with. It's you god damn sperglords that can't live without climbing up someone's ass 24 hours a day that have turned him off to the character and the franchise.

Bale is too busy eating burgers and donuts, see

i called it months ago and /tv was like "no way man"

>This is it! Ben Affleck will quit being Batman. Said the nervous mouse for the 70th time this week.
Your fucking source is a video game website that can even play video games worth a shit? Get the hell out of here, mouse cumlets.

Oh and if Ben does quit. It'll be because WB doesn't want him groping whores on the set during what is currently a man hunting season to ruin careers.

Fuck, he is even mental like Batman

aaa HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Affleck quickly fucked up his career, marriage, health etc. so he wants out, but WB wants him out even more.
Both these things were obvious months ago when WB told him to quit directing The Batman and threw out his script, because he stopped being their golden goose after his vanity project Live By Night flopped.

>Elder Bruce Wayne.
Hold up I got just the guy for the job.

Hey he did a few movies already. Not his fault the DCEU is a trainwreck and they didn't even think to put a solo Batman film out before fucking Justice League and Batman vs Superman...

DCucks say Ben will definitely write The Batman.
>he quits

DCucks say Ben will definitely direct The Batman.
>he quits

DCucks say Ben definitely hasn't fallen off the wagon
>he has

DCucks say Ben will definitely carry on as Batman
>...

Mouse cuck says he quit after BvS
>"anonymous source
[reddit space]
Mouse cuck says he quit after SS
>"anonymous source"
[reddit space]
Mouse cuck says he quit in the middle of JL
>"anonymous source"
[reddit space]
Mouse cuck says Matt Reeves deal fell apart
>"anonymous source"
[reddit space]
>Only way for Mouse cuck can be right is literally betting on black in a roulette table until a desired outcome.
Personally I think Ben is expecting termination based on his ties to Weinstein.

Perfect image.

Walking Dead has to be on the way out. It's been going on for so fucking long. There must be only one or two seasons left at most.

Here's your next Batman after Affleck steps aside: Damian Wayne played by pic related

Source: my dad works for WB and they are really high on the character

>Superman serenely skedaddles.

Source on Gamespot being bad at video games?

I bet they make the next batman black in a desperate bid to get more interest in the movie

I guarantee you Damian will never be in the DCEU. Everyone hates that fucking character.

They did, he's called Black Panther which is weird because that is the name of a black supremacist organization.

Probably nightwing then, most people are ok with Dickbats

>Personally I'm going to link him to Weinstein so that when he inevitably quits I can pretend I wasn't BTFO again

>Personally, I prefer the air.

>He quit playing Batman...after 2 years of predictions being wrong! I win! aha! take that!

Logan is the only graceful exit of a main capeshit role

Is this image supposed to be a Twin Peaks reference?

I liked Logan but I have to disagree. He and Xavier died really cheap and avoidable deaths and it felt like they just wanted to surprise people by doing something unexpected in this R-rated comic book film. Except Jackman and Stewart made a point of announcing that it made them cry and that it would be their last one so it was like "Well, I guess they're dying." before the film even came out.

>destroyed DOFP's perfect ending

>Spider-Bat quipping his way through thugs

It's shit

>yfw Hugh actually really liked being Wolverine and was morphologically perfect for it
>yfw he has basically no perfect roles left
n-no

Every Hugh Jackman role is perfect for him by the virtue of it being a Hugh Jackman role. The man has literally never made a bad film and is a legitimately perfect actor.

Nah, it's a different timeline from DOFP.

Normies would eat it up

Justin Theroux

This guy doesn't even look real. He looks like a cartoon.

They only need to use the Lazarus Pits as in DKR 3.

OH NONONONO OoOoOoOo

> kid has to wear turtlenecks to hide what a pencil neck jew he is

Diddy Kong Racing 3?

What happened?

Did he just not expect all the stress of this shit?

Hate the movies?

Or just regret it instantly?

Jensen Ackles? Like any of you have a better suggestion.

I suspect he didn't know it as going to all tumble down as fast as it did. WB is meddling too much.

Maybe now WB will do what they should've done from the beginning and reboot this thing as a Batman cinematic universe.

Leans Back