Dog is Good

>Dog is Good
>Cat is Evil

Can someone explain this trope to me and why it exists despite dogs being shittier pets than cats and having a vastly higher kill count on humans than cats do?

cats are aloof and uncooperative, and while a few cultures like egypt loved them, most do not since they are extremely difficult to handle
dogs are known as "mans best friend", whether you agree with it or not, people in general are fond of dogs

Thank God I'm not such a pussy that I'm actually afraid of my own dog. I mean, what kind of a little girl would ever consider a dog getting the better of them. You must be some kind of faggot OP.

Because dog people are retarded and ignorance is bliss

They think they are good, even after they rip the face off a toddler

Cats make your whole house smell like piss and shit. Dogs do it too, but to a lesser extent. Reptiles and fish are the true patrician pets.

So you're a racist saying Egyptian culture is worthless and wrong.
You fucking bigot

Dogs chase cats.
If dogs were evil and cats were good, you'd give the villain the upper hand, and that's a no-no.

Reptiles smell like ass

>Cat chases mouse
>Cat still evil

Your logic is flawed

Here's your (You) for the poor quality bait.

God do I hope that it was bait.

Dogs have multiple breeds that are useful for multiple jobs. Cats are pretty much worthless and if they had the size they would fuck up kids more than Dogs do

I don't know but as a kid I always hated this trope because I loved cats and thought they were fuzzy and nice. I can't think of any show where it's the opposite off of the top of my head.

>dogs being shittier pets
That's your opinion, man.

Cats are loners and do whatever they want for the most part, which makes it easier to portray them as villains, I guess.

Also, this isn't a very common trope.

>Because dog people are retarded
I don't know man, a majority of cat people have a parasite in their heads that makes them like cats.

Does it still really exist? I think the internet has done a lot of good publicity for cats. I don't think something like Cats & Dogs where the word "cats" is in the title but the cats are all evil would be made in today's market. I also don't see them getting killed as a punchline in comedies all the time anymore.

cats are more independent. that's all. it makes them more interesting than boring loyal dogs.

there are shows and movie that portray cats in more neutral manner, but never as good guys, good guys are not really interesting.

why do yuo think people prefer morally conflicted batman over goody two shoes superman?

>having a vastly higher kill count on humans than cats do?
Maybe if you're only counting humans, which housecats aren't big or strong enough to kill

But if we're including wildlife, cats have a kill count magnitudes higher than dogs. They're an invasive species that's caused the extinction of tons of species of bird. Cats are invasive and kill billions of animals a year. They're like weeds

dogs don't have the charisma to carry a villain's role

WE

Why would we include wildlife? I don't give a fuck about wildlife. Also, I think dingos alone have done more damage than cats ever have.

A trained dog will drag an unconscious homeowner out of a fire.

A trained cat will sleep on the homeowner's newborn baby's face to smother it to death and then start the fire just by knocking shit off the table because you can't train cats.

I can tell you for a fact that dingoes have not done more damage than outdoor/stray cats. Dingoes are endemic to australia after all, while cats are a problem on multiple continents

And you should care about wildlife. Ecosystems are a delicate thing. We don't need any mangy cats making a mess of them

Colonial Americans killed many more people than Native Americans did. Why are they always portrayed as good?

>I can tell you for a fact that dingoes have not done more damage than outdoor/stray cats.
Meanwhile rabies still kills tens of thousands of people each year.

Yeah, so? Any mammal can spread rabies. And stray cats are still a big problem

What about that Husky asshole from Balto?

wake me up when people will start making movies that defies stereotypes.

for example: i'd love to see a movie 'bout noble hyenas.

>Why are they always portrayed as good?

They aren't

Dogs are loyal and genuinely think of you as family.

Cats will eat your corpse shortly after you die.

>Dingoes are endemic to australia after all

Dogs helped cavemen hunt

Cats have always been freeloaders

>Cats are antisocial little shits, just lay around and eat and shit, dont even pay rent, only cute when young
>Dogs are fun loving and energetic, always cute or even badass looking, helped man build civilisation
its not hard OP