Untitled

That's cute.

>yfw Bendis was the one driving the car.

Wow...shit sibling...outed Spidys Secret Identity online

After the kid reads those stories he's gonna go jump in front of another car.

How unfortunate that the kid is to young to realize how bad the character is. Man, i had some pretty shit taste for quite a bit.

WE WUZ HEROZ N SHEEEEEIT

That's a nice thing to do.

BigJB21

>Spider-men
That poor kid he's already having a bad week Brian.

haha : )

And also chequed as fook

Quints confirm. Bendis not a hack for once.

I usually don't like Bendis but this is cute.

If this sort of thing happened to me I'd never actually tell people about it. How can they not see they're being exploited?

>kid inocent eought to relate to comics
>big company doing something nice, even if is for good PR
well, not everything is shit in this world at least

Social media, bro. Everyone knows they are being exploited and they don't care.

remember when they printed that letter from a kid with cancer who said he'd beat his illness as surely as Spider-Man would beat Doctor Octopus, a week or so before ASM 700?

I can't believe spider-man is fucking dead

>sick kid gets sent bendis books
Hes gonna throw himself in front of another car

A car didn't finish the job the first time

he is going to need a truck now

Was he actually "hit" by a car or just kind of bumped by it

witnessed

He was driving the car?

Looks like he's got an iv in the first picture, so serious enough but not near fatal.

Bendis might a gay ass jew but that was nice

Well he does have some scratches on his face so hard enough I guess

wtf i want to be a nigger now

That's nice of him.

>Spiderman? SOMEONE ON TWITTER SAID SPIDERMAN? HI I'M BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS THE WRITER AND CREATOR OF MILES MORALES

He looks a little banged up in the first picture; pretty sure he's got an IV going. I'm guessing nothing major, but they probably kept him in overnight for observation anyway.

Bendis is Mr. Glass?

>Implying using an innocent and naive kid as a move for PR is good in any way whatsoever

You can be sure the only reason they did it is because it was profitable, nothing more. Free publicity basically, and nowadays with the price of adspace and the like it is like being given out gold for free. Maybe the action itself may be good, but the entire mentality that comes from using this event as a PR stunt implies that they care more about virtue signaling than actually living by these virtue.

>These Negative Posts

Guys, who gives a shit if it's PR; look how damn happy the kid looks in the second picture. Poor kid had a really shitty and now he's having a better one. If it ends up in some PR guy's portfolio, so be it.

I bet if this was a white kid, he wouldn't have gotten anything. Fucking virtue signaling cunts.

bendis, the car driver?

>virtue signaling
What the fuck do you mean.

He just sent sone comics, he didn't write in a new marvel character that fights evil opressive cars

Anything action that benefits nonwhites is virtue signaling

Dude that's adorable, good for that kid.

White people sure are desperate to feel oppressed, aren't they?

Don't sshh they ARE oppressed RIP never forget #bowlinggreenmassacre #brokenwindowatUCLA

>a new marvel character that fights evil opressive cars

....Go on.

Yeah, it's a good thing overall.

My only issue is that the kid didn't imply in any way that he knew or cared about Miles, just that he liked Spider-Man, so Bendis assumed "oh he's black, he must be a BIG fan of Miles!" despite Miles having basically no presence outside of the comics.

Do rare gets have the power to change reality?

If you said something blatantly untrue but got a really awesome get would it become true?

Nope, more that nothing prevent them from doing it and just now showing to the whole how good they are for doing it, aka virtue signaling

You fucks never heard of humbleness?

>My only issue is that the kid didn't imply in any way that he knew or cared about Miles, just that he liked Spider-Man, so Bendis assumed "oh he's black, he must be a BIG fan of Miles!" despite Miles having basically no presence outside of the comics.
Except he sent him a bunch of non-Miles Spider-Man comics.

He's just mentioning his credentials in case the family doesn't know who he is otherwise he's just some random Twitter creep.

I mean, he name dropped that he's a Miles co-creator, but we don't see all the comics he sent. Seems reasonable that he could have asked the sister what kinds of comics the kid might like to get after she emailed him

Why else do you think people fight so much over the big gets?

Oh god forgive me for laughing at that.

>email

For fuck's sake, Bendis, you're on Twitter; learn to DM

It's Twitter dude.

I need a source for this.

It's possible one or either of them don't have private messages open to non-followers.

Apparently the letter from the kid with Leukemia was printed eight months earlier, and I can't find a scan of it. Here's the transcript of the letter, which appeared on the letters page of Captain America vol. 6 issue 10:

>Hi. My name is KJ. I am 9 years old and I love Marvel comics! I am in the hospital right now because I have leukemia. Marvel comics have helped pass the time on some very long days. My favorite character is Captain America and my favorite comic is the Defenders. Just as sure as Spidey beats Doc Ock, I am going to beat leukemia! Thank you very much.

>-KJ,
>Hasbro Childrens Hospital
>Providence, RI

>tfw when a friend, white, posted a similar stuff several years ago and nobody important replied to her
Mmm

I'm sure not getting free comics is part of the zionist conspiracy against the white race, user.

So the kid didnt' beat Leukemia? nice

if he's a miles fan he probably already has all of those, I bet he didnt even sign the fucking things

Miles issues are like coasters for marvel, after all nobody buys them

No, but killing white kids is. Imagine all the white kids who are going to die now because they're not Spider-man.

I think this is one of the few times a company representative did something out of genuine selflessness

either that, or it's bendis' black fetish flaring up

>Bendis uses the tragedy of a kid getting run over to sell his book.

Fucking hell.

So, is he actually spiderman or not?

>Comic book writer can't send an injured kid a bunch of free comics unless he's shilling

This is why Sup Forums is shit.

Bendis has an aol email?

Well he's not wrong.

I believe it. My coworker has a aol email.

I know it's gmail, but I've been using this same one since around 2004 iirc, where you still needed an invite to create an account.

It's how Sup Forums's hivemind operates.

When they hate someone (like Bendis), then from that time onwards that someone can do nothing right. Even if they do something good or nice, it's bad.

When they like someone, everything they do is awesome, until the first time they do something bad. After that, they're forever hated.

I was hit by a car, but I didn't need an IV. I was wearing a big coat and was fairly big for my age (I was twelve), so the impact, while it did make my left leg muscles tense and painful and traces of blood were found in my urine, I was well enough to go back to school three days later (I even stood up after, but everyone told me to sit down). He's definitely smaller than I was, so luckily he got out okay.

The problem is that he chose his shitty comics over ones that are actually good.

>Implying he's not.

Creators try to pull this shit all time time. They find some kid in the hospital, send them free goodies or make an appearance, word spreads on the internet because people like you are morons, and sales of said product raise because of "How much of a good guy the creator it". It's why movies will have actors go to children hospitals to keep hype up about their movie. Make no mistake, Bendis does not care about what happened to this kid. He cares about selling books.

If it was a white kid bendis wouldn't do this

you are such a faggot, man
put a noose around your neck and do something virtuous for once

How mad is he gonna be when he realizes he needs the tie-ins to get the full stories?

>Black kid

>Must be a fan of Miles Morales.

Is it true that all black people are instantly like Miles? Because all the black people I know don't care for him that much. Hell, the only person I know who actually likes him is blonde haired and blue eyed.

Yeah, I bet it's a coincidence that all the books he sent were written by him.

>implies that they care more about virtue signaling than actually living by these virtue.

Wow, so they're human beings? What a revelation.

Nice things are nice, regardless of motivation. Being a sour puss will only accomplish making people think you're an asshole.

>Is it true that all black people are instantly like Miles?
>Because all the black people I know don't care for him that much

You literally just answered your own question, you retard.

mo' like forgive bendis, it's funny because it's true

Free comics for the price of a tweet, nigga. We know they're not even worth that, but they don't.

>bro is spiderman
>posts identity on the internet

At least I think they didn't kill off Cap or turn him Hydra or anything like that for a while back then.

well... yeah

Mr. Glass? Bendis?

I meant all as an exaggeration of most. Yeah, kinda stupid in hindsight, but I'm currently out of it at the moment so sue me. Obviously the people who live in my area aren't reflective for the rest of the country, I just wanted to see more opinions on the matter.

Well, Miles gives his identity to everyone, so did Peter
why not him?

Individuals will often act on behalf of themselves just as companies do the same. However most people are capable of doing something superficially nice with no forseen benefit and just because it was no effort. No one helps an old lady cross the street because they want people to know how much they care for the elderly, perhaps they'd just prefer the old person safely crosses and it requires minimal or no effort on their part. In the same way it makes sense that a company would send a fan in a rough patch some free shit that is probably worth only pennies to them because they know itll make his day.

When Peter did it, it was a way of showing why that's stupid, though. You' think that would be obvious enough again at this point.

>No one helps an old lady cross the street because they want people to know how much they care for the elderly

Yes they do. More importantly, they can think back on it later and think "Remember that time I helped that lady for no tangible reason? That makes me a good person" which makes them feel good about themselves. We aren't built to be selfless creatures.

Still, so long as the action itself was good (which in this case it obviously was, that kid is delighted to get those shit comics) the motivation behind it isn't important.

Plenty of people are still capable of acting like that though, don't criticize the example. Maybe giving someone his bag of chips at lunch doesn't bother Bob because his dad owns a chip factory and he can eat as many chips as he wants. As social animals it's to our benefit to act on behalf of individuals in the group just as it is ourselves. We wouldn't have developed societies if we were only not dicks when we we're trying to get something from someone somehow. People are too caught up with the complexity of morality in this regard, think of the term "no skin off my bones". You can apply that to both pocketing money out of a dropped wallet or helping someone you don't know whos about to trip and fall. Seeing someone fall and eat shit is bad for everyone, and having 20 bucks for you is pretty sweet. These positives are what the individual thats acting cares about.

I refer to This is all a marketing ploy, nothing to see here.

I highly doubt he even knows who Miles is unless he saw him in the Ultimate cartoon. Most kids don't read comics, it's an extremely expensive hobby and it's a crapshoot that there'll even be a store close enough that kids parents would be willing to drive them, much less kids even realizing comics exist these days. They just know the characters from the cartoons/movies/etc.

>bones
Nose* not sure how that autocorrected

>Bendis is still using AOL
For what purpose?

>being a literal pillar of salt
Calm the fuck down dude.

Honestly tho, what's up with white people and mayonnaise?

It's tasty, anyone who doesn't put mayonnaise on their sandwiches is a literal sub human.

Looks like Bendis needs to send his comics out for free to get people to read them.