youtube.com/watch?v=rgyitSlMtMY
youtube.com/watch?v=da8s9m4zEpo
youtube.com/watch?v=0scImICHU14
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I feel my eyes glazing over just thinking about it

>there are people who are over the age of 12
Plebs

The guy on the right is a cucker

Its this or the Darth Mail fight. This is defiantly the most emotional one and my favorite. Too bad the nu-trilogy won’t give us this choreography because “muh tapping sticks” and “muh boring realism in a movie about space wizards”.

Luke v Vader (ROTJ ) > Luke v Vader (TESB ) > anakin v obi (ROTS) > obi v Vader (SW) > obi/jinn v maul (TPM) > Rey v Kylo Ren (TFA) > Anakin/obi/yoda v Dooku (AOTC)

At least you can still picture it.

Name one other light saber duel in the series you can clearly picture without rewatching or looking up pictures.

I'll wait.

>there are people over the age of 6
plebs

Star Wars fans don't like it when it feels like a kid's movie.

>there are people who don't acknowledge that not only was 3 the best movie but the prequels were superior in every single way to all of the original movies and are still masterpieces which will never be fully understood until artificial lifeforms from Andromeda come survey the remnants of our hive mind dyson sphere planet after it implodes trying to reach Aldebaran

It's them surfing on droids on lava while fighting

if it weren't for 1 and 2 people would look back at this in a better light.
Its not good, even fundamentally flawed, but it has a lot of things going for it. I honestly just think George needed some practice and maybe a little more post time to make those backgrounds not look like garbage

Umm nooo the Force is Female sweetie..Try again tho maybe you'll do better next time.

It's literally a fight between two space wizards who have been fighting and training with each other for close to 15 years and fought in a ridiculous amount of battles together. I never understood while people hated that it seemed so choreograph. They knew every one of their moves. What did they expect?

Great place, some cool moments and very emotional because of hat happens but too much choreograhy and too much dumb movements like when anakin pass his lightsaber behind his back or when they are in front of ech other only moving the lightsaber around but don't touching nothing. Also when Obi kicks anakin that runs to nowhere.

It blows my mind that people in such a movie with such budget can aprove those things. I think it was Geroge's autism that wasn't confronted.

The only scene in the the prequels that was truly kino

"You were my brother Anakin!"
Shit, friend, I'm tearing up just posting about it

It was so over the top

Well that was a weird way to try to defend it. I can somewhat remember all of them. But I remember the least about the lava one because it's the longest. I got bored watching it.

>I think it was Geroge's autism that wasn't confronted.
I honestly think people stopped giving a shit. Or that they were sad that he had lost his mind doing piles of coke with Carrie Fisher back in the 80's.
I remember watching that behind the scenes featurette of TPM and he's talking to Speilberg, and he's just looking at what George was working on and knew it was fucking retarded, but didn't have the heart to tell him so.

Best thing about the clone wars was fleshing out their relationship and really making it seem like that where brothers.

It's a shame that art style is cancer on the eyes.

The actual fight is retarded but the conflict is good

>yfw you will never do hollywood lines with qt Fisher, Lucas and Ford

If you could find that video it could be nice.

speilberg directed mutiple sequences in ROTS. they made all the indy movies together including the last one. they're personal friends

Reminder than ROTS is the best of the prequels and the second best star wars movie

>light saber duels
>>>/prequels/

>great cinematic achievement
>takes so long for people to digest your work and realize your brilliance that you have to sell your entire production company

youtube.com/watch?v=rgyitSlMtMY

this is the best duel

It's the sin that George Lucas had to pay to the devil.

youtube.com/watch?v=da8s9m4zEpo
I can't find the exact part because I have to get ready for work, but if you're willing to waste an hour on watching a train wreck then enjoy :^)

Nah, I mean it's better than the new shit but it lacks meaning, at least compared to OP's

That opening line from Vader gives me the chills every time.

youtube.com/watch?v=0scImICHU14

K
I
N
O

Kylo v Rey would have been awesome if it wasn't for that stupid pause where The Force gave Rey lightsaber training. She could have just won the normal way and it would have been fine. Kylo was already injured so it's not a huge stretch.

>this lacks meaning
NIGGA DARTH VADER FUCKING REVEALS THAT HES LUKES FATHER

LUKE IS FIGHTING VADER TO SAVE HIS FRIENDS

All of the ones in the OT?

>its a prequel apologist thread

those shots look terrible, user

It would have been awesome if it were an actual fight and not some idiots clacking sticks together for a second then running away for 90% of the fight with trees in the way and bad camera angles then Rey suddenly remember the force and kicks his ass in seconds.

>doubling down on pleb taste
how does bob's cock taste

I give the edge to Darth maul, duel of the fates is pure kino and has since become THE light Saber battle music

*anti millennial media-cabal thread

Finally I've seen the day the CGI hallways in the prequels are made out to be a cinematic achievement. Has prequel apogism has gone too far.

Where does the sheev spin rank?

>people on this malasian turkey-basting forum literally fap to trannies
>but muh cgi

compared to two men who have known each other for their entire lives, fighting on the eve of the republic's downfall, a fight full of of hate and sorrow, and the main character, who you've followed through three movies, turns to the dark side

There is a reason it was the last fight of the trilogy.

Plus, Qui-Gon Jin implied that the Jedi have precognition. He states that Anakin can "see things before they happen"
I always assumed they could see the next strike, explaining the perfect parries and fight lengths. It becomes more of a mental game, trying to stay steps ahead of the opponent

>Luke v Vader (ROTJ ) > Luke v Vader (TESB ) > anakin v obi (ROTS) > obi v Vader (SW) > obi/jinn v maul (TPM) > Rey v Kylo Ren (TFA) > Anakin/obi/yoda v Dooku (AOTC)
>Mindless OT nostalgia fag
The OT is garbage and boring as hell.

That's not shit compared to a Master having to fight his padawan that he's known since he was a child

@90248243
Not even giving the (You)

AND YET THEY FOUND A WAY TO MAKE IT SHITTY LMAO

Look at those goalposts move.

Hayden Christensen was bad casting. I guess Lucas went for the teen heartthrob look when casting for Anakin Skywalker. I also wonder did we need to see Anakin as a child? Wouldn't the entire prequel storyline have been more appealing if it began with Jedi Master Obi-Wan and his young adult Apprentice Anakin Skywalker investigating trouble not on Naboo but on Alderaan? Oh and the duel between Anakin and Obi Wan was a bit cartoonish at times.

This is explanation-kino. Thank you.

>If I'd taken the prequel trilogy to a marketing company, Episode I would have started here [ with Episode III]-and Episodes II and III would've been about Darth Vader Killing people. But in the end, I wouldn't be able to write movies like that.
t.George W Lucas c.2004

Yoda/Dooku. It was silly, but fun battle. Easily my favorite form the whole series.

>Hayden Christensen was bad casting.
No, he wasn't.

I liked episode 3 anakin vs dooku. he looked so smug right up until the end.

PfffttHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

It's overly long, ridiculous and it doesn't even seem like they're trying to actually fight each other. It's like a fucking circus show

>the best incoherent flickystick fight
Great

not an argument faggot

but darth VADDDDDEERRRRRRRRRRR

>compared to two men who have known each other for their entire lives
Something the movies completely failed to capture. They're never believable as friends, so the fight lacks impact.
>fighting on the eve of the republic's downfall
Which happened so quick and was portrayed in way where it doesn't seem to affect anything other than the Jedi being killed off
>a fight full of of hate and sorrow
The actual fighting is completely emotionless. It's like they're trying to show off rather than actually kill each other. It's over choreographed as fuck, especially compared to something like the Luke vs. Vader fight in RotJ
>nd the main character, who you've followed through three movies
Portrayed through shit acting and shit writing
>turns to the dark side
In a completely unconvincing and lazy way. You prequelfags are pathetic, and most of the "qualities" you ascribe to these movies you've projected onto them yourselves

yeah they were totally pretending

Can't even tell what's happening

What were you trying to prove with this?

Lucas at one point considered Leo DiCaprio to play adult Anakin

Would that have been better?

>muh over choreographed
>he expected expert space wizards in their prime to fight like an atrophied old cripple and a jedi noob who barely had any training

The script would still have been shit. The writing for Anakin is particularily bad. I don't think Leo could have saved it

why would your deadly hot-as-the-sun weapon be in the face of someone you weren't trying to kill?

You wouldn't happen to be partial to Japanese cartoons, would you?

>results to ad hominem

>missing the point this badly
I expect them to fight with emotion. Not just soulless acrobatics. There's nothing like Luke wailing at Vader with his lightsaber in rage in the prequels because it's like they're just dancing with each other

>They're never believable as friends
This is a complete opinion

>doesn't seem to affect anything
I have literally no fucking clue what you mean by this. Did you want the movie to explore every change that came out of the new empire

>It's over choreographed as fuck
Wow, so the two best jedi int he galaxy do a lot of moves to try to defeat each other? Color me shocked.

>Portrayed through shit acting and shit writing
Wow what another opinion. While some, if not many, would agree that the casting was shit, the audience still followed him, and many grew some sort of emotional connection

>unconvincing and lazy way
once again just a shitty argument. Just admit that you hate this fight because you have an unreasonable hatred of the prequels and be at peace with yourself

You've already won, user. Just walk away now and let them continue to bicker at nothing, thinking they've won.

He expected some sort emotion out of, to quote some other guy in the thread, "Master having to fight his padawan that he's known since he was a child". Like for example enraged Luke battering Vader to the ground.

You weren't paying attention, then. You know you don't have to make up reasons why the prequels are bad, right? There are plenty of existent reasons.

Luke looked like a drunk man swinging a baseball bat.

Give me 1 (ONE) screenshot from another battle as good as this

That's right, you can't

see

well i could just give you the same frame with less potato

see

Try providing a better still, friend.

The Jedi Council v The Senate (ROTS) >
Luke v Vader (ROTJ ) > Luke v Vader (TESB ) > anakin v obi (ROTS) > obi v Vader (SW) > obi/jinn v maul (TPM) > Anakin/obi/yoda v Dooku (AOTC)
>Rey v Kylo Ren (TFA)

Fixed it for you

Who the fucks Bob?

The best fight was yoda vs palpa.

Yes he was.
God no. I understand going with a relatively unknown but the original trilogy cast were never beautiful, but a bit goofy looking. Anakin should have been an actor who is striking but not gay-handsome.

Check mate

Who would have been a better choice? I can't imagine anyone being able to make Anakin a believable or likeable character.

You'll have to dumb it down for me further. I still don't know who Bob is

Ita just memeing

>ceo of disney
>45 million per year

I see it just as people venting their anger about the sequels.

You know how Genndy landed the star wars job because because of how well he did wordless storytelling during action scenes in Samurai Jack? Well, Anakin brutalizing the assassin girl (Ventress?) is immediately in my mind and does a way better job at displaying Anakin's intended character arc than anything in the fucking prequels