Green Lantern confirmed for Justice League

Green Lantern has been confirmed for Justice League.
aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00106254.html
> "I forgot how to pronounce him. I forgot the name of the Green Lantern in 'Justice League', so we'll see.
>Hey, maybe by that time they get to cast Hal Jordan and next we'll throw him in there too who knows,"

Most likely Abin Sur from Umberto Gonzalez's comments.
Original periscope video:
periscope.tv/w/1YpKkdDdggXGj

Other links to similar articles:
idigitaltimes.com/justice-league-has-green-lantern-appearance-reportedly-585939
dailysuperheroes.com/rumor-a-green-lantern-character-will-show-up-in-justice-league/32386

Personally I think this is great! I've said earlier that a small cameo near the end of Justice League by Abin Sur would be a good addition.

Thoughts?

No Kyle
No buy

Green Lantern? In JL? How about that eh, mindblowing.

Abin Sur is probably the best thing they could do.

I think if you wanted to start a DCEU thread you should've went with the Razzies it won

Maybe he gets hurt and we get Hal Jordan at the end of JL part 2.

>implying the DCEU will last that long

Says you?

Who gives a fuck about this series of trainwrecks anymore?

>tfw used to be a DCfag
>tfw realise all their movies are shit, Batman shoehorned into everything and TV shows suck shit
>tfw now a Marvelfag

I enjoyed Marvel growing up a lot more anyway, as they had better cartoons and comics, but at least they don't wank off the same character again and again.

>inb4 iron man

They shill him in the movies, but not comics.

>better cartoons
That's where you're wrong.

They still make a lot of money even tho they "bomb" besides its a fun watch.

You may be right, but I feel like DC's going to ride this burning ship into the ground.

Batman beyond was the best thing they did. JL and BTAS weren't as good as X-men or Spidey. Then you remember EMH and Spectacular Spidey too.

>tfw realise all their movies are shit, Batman shoehorned into everything and TV shows suck shit

at this point the mere site of a bat cowl is considered "shoehorned" by Sup Forums's standards.

Oh hey another 5 second video embedded in an e-mail coming right up, eh?

>better cartoons
yeah, sure.

I like the idea that Abin Sur is a temporary JL member

I think we all have to agree that Fleischer's superman is top tier cartoon that can't be beaten plus GL:TAS was quite good, same with Superman TAS and I cant even recall a single X-men or Spidey episode. Even in the Animated movie department Marvel loses to DC even though the current shit is pretty trash

>I changed from DC to Marvel because of not comic media

Nice bait

>Batman shows up in Justice League Dark just to tell all the supernatural heroes and detectives that "magic isn't real".

Yeah, mere sight of the cowl.

>I enjoyed Marvel growing up a lot more anyway, as they had better cartoons and comics
Nah

>they had better comics
Emphasis on had

Spectacular Spider-Man is right up there with the best of DC to me. And X-Men Evolution is basically as good as Teen Titans.

He was wrong to suggest that Marvel has better cartoons overall, but I think you're not being fair to them as well.

I disagree about Spidey compared to JL. I only saw a little BTAS and X-men.

he atleast serves as the straightman instead of the guy that always had the answers like those JL cartoons.

I'm a batfag tho and even I know he's being pushed too much.

Never watched STAS but you're right about GLTAS. Beyond was definitely my favourite though.

I might have just grown up with more Marvel exposure, but I can remember a lot of Beyond stuff. I remember a lot of 90s Spidey and X-men too though.

I was forgetting GLTAS and some other stuff like The Batman. Still liked Spidey more tho.

Both DC and Marvel aren't publishing good stuff anymore tbqh

I didnt say Marvel Cartoons were bad it just didnt stuck to me more. As a kid I was big into Marvel since the cartoons were great but I reached that age where I found Dc cartoons more enjoyable especially JL:TAS and unlimited same with comics I was really big into Marvel since siege then I dropped when Superior Spidey came.

Rebirth is quite fun, especially like the Superman run

>Deathstroke
>New Super-Man
>Shade

>not good

Marvel did cancel all their good shit though, rip in peaces

>better cartoons and comics
Fleischer Superman and Batman: TAS stand the test of time. Marvel cartoons like the old spiderman cartoon and X-men will only remain as youtube poop material

Moon Knight's still good, and I haven't minded Daredevil either.

>Both DC and Marvel aren't publishing good stuff anymore tbqh
Wrong!

Ever notice how these shills always use the same phrases regardless of the topic?

I heard Bats and WW aren't too good. Haven't been keeping up to date with recent comics, so idk about nu-supes or rebirth in general.

0.01 has been deposited into your account.

Personally I like King's run on Batman and if you havent been keeping up with recent comics then whyd you say they havent been publishing good comics as of late.

Batman and WW were the most hyped and they haven't been lived up to that. I have stopped reading both tbqh but I wouldn't say either was actually bad. Just not interesting enough to keep me reading.

>It's a DCEU/MCU news thread that quickly turns into another company war thread

>again

There's always gonna be shills, its like asking the wind not to blow.

>marvel and dc aren't publishing good stuff anymore
Most of the material DC Rebirth and Injustice have pumped out has been decent at the very least.

Marvel cancelled most of their good titles and now just shits out heavy-handed liberal commentary.

Marvel just has to depend on Star Wars.

You forgot events.

Lets go back to this be a GL thread. So I'm guessing GL will just be a post credit cameo, would like to Sinestro Hope Mark Strong is playing him

Luke Evans

Sinestro as a JL member would be awesome. Especially if he's a legit good guy but then he turns bad because of the way the JL operates.

Hm could be interesting, so you think JL movie will have the GLs have the yellow weakness or no? I forgot if they had it in the 2011 GL movie

Strong's Sinestro was quite good.

I want off this ride. I don't care who shows up anymore, this universe is shit. I'll stick with the comics thank you. Happy to see Jay Garrick is coming back

>I heard Bats and WW aren't too good. Haven't been keeping up to date with recent comics, so idk about nu-supes or rebirth in general.
I wasn't into the Batman comics but that one Bane scene that happened recently was pretty good. I liked seeing the parallels between Bane and Bruce. Superman though is top quality overall, though it starts off weak IMO. Very good character moments.

And even if we discount all of that, Batman: Brave and The Bold singlehandedly raises DC cartoons over Marvel's level.

sauce?

Justice League Action is pretty good too.

>0.01 has been deposited into your account.
Nigger, even the most staunchest of Marvel fans know they can't compete with those.

Justice League 3001 #10 I think

The true sign of a casual.

I'll take Rebirth Justice League over Riri Williams or Squirrel Girl, Hellcat or Champions and I dislike Rebirth Justice League because it's boring but at least it doesn't make me want to vomit.

Only Marvel comics I'm bothering with over at Marvel is Nova and Ultimates

It happens especially that one MCU fag that always has to go "Well at least x is better than BvS" which triggers other people.

awesome

I'll take Rebirth Justice League over the New 52 version

The periscope video has a lot of nice content in it too. I like this guy. He has a good personality. I don't know how long that video will be up for though so anyone who wants to see it should watch it ASAP. JL trailer coming in less than a month hopefully.

Sure, fine, whatever.

>Sinestro as a JL member would be awesome

It'd also make no sense whatsoever with his characterization. His sector is nowhere near 2814 and he wants nothing to do with anything that doesn't involve protectingsee: ruling Korugar.

You could probably weasel the timeline enough that since some big shit is happening on earth Abin asks Sinestro for help since they're buddies, Abin dies shortly afterwards, his ring finds Hal but we don't see that immediately, Sinestro works with the JL a bit then freshly minted GL Hal shows up

>subjecting Kyle to Snydershit
Why would you want that

so instead of Hal crashing to Earth and warning about Darkseid as the cliffhanger Abin Sur is gonna do his thing, warn them about Darkseid, and send off his ring huh

that's actually a decent idea.

It's foolproof though. Snyder doesn't have to make up some dark/edgy thing for Kyle because it's built right into his character with Alex!

Took them for fucking ever

So maybe he can get killed and we get Hal Jordan.
That ways they fuck up the whole Green latern order.
DC is a trainwreck.

>MUH KYLE

Go away 90's baby.

i sure as hell hope its coming soon

no u

need more blue lantern.
none in mobile game
none in comics
none in dcuo
like fuck you i wanna play a multiplayer game as blue lantern god damnit

Would a live action Blue Lantern movie work? That would be cool.

You could've just done like most DCfags with taste do and drop the DCEU.

DC as a whole is objectively better.
>better comics
>better tv
>better animated shows and movies
I'll take 3/4. Plus they're bound to get a cinematic universe right eventually.

Will he warn them about Darkseid or will he just die? You think he'll be alive at the end of JL?

>90sfags
Why are they universally the most terrible fans?
Kylefags
Wallyfags
Timfags
Cassfags

All simply the worst, and all for low-tier characters easily outclassed by the characters they replaced. What is it about that era of fans that makes them so entitled and awful?

Batgirl has never been a good character

Marvel has better games and movies, comics are shit at the moment.

Yeah you're right Brave and the Bold was super comfy,really liked their depiction of Aquaman. I think the overall feel of DC cartoons that they're easier to pick up than Marvel.

Yeah you're right on the game part, Spider-man games and hulk games were top tier when I was growing up with my ps2. Only good DC games I can think off are the Arkham ones and Injustice I guess.

Nostalgia and because that's who they grew up with. Not to say I dont like the heroes you listed, I really like Wally because he's one of the few sidekicks who pick up the mantle

Wally is good, only the others are bad

>Even in the Animated movie department Marvel loses to DC even though the current shit is pretty trash
I liked the Batman Unlimited ones, Return of the Caped Crusaders, and Lego Batman (if that counts as animation). Gods and Monsters was good too but that was way back in 2014. DC has had a lot of misses in the animated movie department, and I think they should try to depend on someone other than Batman. I doubt it would ever happen, but I'd appreciate a Martian Manhunter movie someday.

Another interesting strategy could be adapting Golden or Silver Age stories into movies. Maybe that could work.

I like how you post Guy when the good majority of his characterization was in the 90's. Also, you forgot Connor. He was the Green Arrow for half the 90's.

I have literally never seen a Connor fan. I guess they're exempt from the shit 90s fan curse, supposing they exist.

You don't need to tell me about Guy, though, I own Warrior floppies.

Haven't seen the batman unlimited one and Return of the caped crusaders was comfy. I think the problem with the animated movies atm is that they're pushing bats and Damien too much. If we counted old Animated movie from DC then New Frontier beats everything imo.

>Both DC and Marvel aren't publishing good stuff anymore tbqh
Are you dumb?

DC is the only one pumping great stuff.

>Mousevel fag trying to accuse fucking DC of paying shills

Oh, the irony.

Weren't we supposed to be talking about The Batman being in the tank because they had lost their director and Batfleck had lost his will to live and was refusing to appear in the movie?

Abin??? Really??? Should have been Hal and Guy.

It's probably gonna be a post credit cameo of him crashing

JL 3001. Its kinda meh since they killed of the whole male cast except for Beetle and Booster 3000 was pretty fun imo

>Barry
>Better than Wally

>Jason
>Better than Tim

>Pre Oracle Barb
>Better than Cass

Could you atleast do a better job of baiting?

we're the best, fuck you

>Used to be a DCfag.
Doubtful.
>Only care about movies and TV shows.
Hi Sup Forums
>tfw now a Marvelfag
You were clearly one to begin with, hence your "I enjoyed Marvel growing up a lot more anyway".
>They had better cartoons
No. They never have and never will
>And comics.
WEW.