Textbook definition of a hack job

Textbook definition of a hack job

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
youtube.com/watch?v=jCN9Akc9zbc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
I've seen much worse, but yeah the second half gets pretty dumb

Maybe it's time to admit that the original was mediocre too?

why can't you be as interesting as ager retard
youtube.com/watch?v=jCN9Akc9zbc

OP here

sorry i posted the wrong movie i meant this one

idk man i really really loved it

Textbook definition of how to make a sequel
Textbook definition of instantly one of the best sci-fi movies ever made
Textbook definition on waifus and how to cast them

>Textbook definition of how to make a perfect sequel

Imagine being this easily impressed. You can tell this child of dishonesty without a doubt praised mad max fury road as well

not watching this shit or any links you post otherwise
my dad saw the original on a pass when he was a teenager in juvenile hall on pass and has been his favorite movie since then, and even he said this movie was amazing
he didn't say he liked it or hated it or was better or worse, but to him it was an obvious good addition to the universe of the series

anyways fuck off opinions of others shouldn't sway your own opinion of a film/movie/flick whatever you classify it as

>child of dishonesty
I'm sorry what?

Fury Road was also good but not like this movie.

It's actually peak dishonesty to hate Fury Road and 2049 because they were a little too liked on Sup Forums. Once you get older you will learn to appreciate movies for what they are, not how they stack on the obscurity/contrarianism scale.

>daily love threads for the first month
>now daily hate threads
lmao

+ Star Wars TFA. That flick was LOVED when it came out here and then the contrarians started spamming threads like OP

It's literally the same guy who keeps making these threads. He always uses the same pictures too

Judging entirely by Sup Forums posts, there's no substance.

OP here, some of the problems:

begins and ends in a cliche
>water boiling, man waiting in the dark
>'hero' dies in the snow

He creates scenes just for the cinematography. There's no reason for things in the scene, they're just there cause they look sci-fi-ish. And it's barely science fiction, it's science fantasy, Joe's virtual girlfriend is impossible and then in Deckard's hotel there's a coin operated juke box with a holographic display and physical buttons. Science fantasy, science fiction or steam punk, make up your mind Villeneuve.

Gosling's acting was pretty good, but the script and direction were terrible. The pacing of the movie is atrocious. Two minute reveal of the wooden horse hidden in the furnace scene with BLAAAANRGH blaring at you.

What the fuck was Jared Leto? Did he just want a weird white dude in a kimono?

I've never made a thread about this movie as I haven't watched it until this afternoon. Besides, the OP is different and I'm using the movie poster from imdb (the filename is also different, as is the size.

95% of the people who watched both BR and then BR2049 for the first time ever this month think 2049 is the considerably better film. Only nostalgia fags and fanboys of the original really think it compares to 2049 on any level other than visually

Just like this post, no substance, no argument, barely an opinion.

I don't see any problems here , ramblings of a brainlet.
That everything didn't have a slick i-phone look to it was actually a positive not a negative. There are many reasons for this, first off the original Blade Runner was also a mix of this weird retro future. The original Blade Runner also took place in 2019, so Blade Runner 2049 was a continuation of that. There was also return to analog technology since there's an EMP bomb that can wipe out all the data. Nobody in the movie even had a cell-phone, and people were using payphones in the police station. The USSR never fell appart, and ATARI was appernatly still big

It's a combination of the style of the original + the EMP blackout thing. It was great. I'm glad it did not look like most generic fantasy movies.

And a boiling pot and a stove is not a sci-fi cliche..far from it.

The wooden horse flashbacks were fine. The much more egregious flashbacks were the "you've never seen a miracle" and the piecing together everything one that's near the end. The third half of this movie is also a dumpster fire but I think that goes without saying.

>The third half of this movie is also a dumpster fire but I think that goes without saying

That's really a hot take but no, the finale was one of the best things about the movie.

>the amount of people here that actually watched blade runner for the first time here this year
It really is amazing how 'casual' this board has become. baneposting and star wars 7 ruined this place

We laugh and sing “a real human bean”
Because we know when the laughter ends
The tears begin and flow in streams

No, it was actually shit. Senile Harrison Ford trying to act, the K and Deckard fight that goes on for way too long and ends with a quip, the painfully generic replicant resistance appearing, it was bad.

I used to like him, but he has some retardedly shitty opinions on a lot of movies.

he thinks thunderdome is better than fury road,
drive is shit, and rogue one is one of the best films of the 2000s

I have had 0 desire even back when I had more respect for him to purchase any of the shit on his website, he really should've tried a different business model, gotten a better website by now, set up a patreon, etc. etc. etc.

Jesus Christ just stop

>Senile Harrison Ford trying to act
Best Ford performance in years. He showed more care and genuine emotion here than when he played Deckard in the original
>K and Deckard fight that goes on for way too long and ends with a quip
You don't even know what a quip is.
>the painfully generic replicant resistance appearing
Which get's completely denied by K, it would be generic if K followed their orders

Try again.

Not even close. Harrison Ford gives one of the best performances in his career. It stands out because Gosling and Sylvia are really subtle and taken aback performances, and Ford feels a lot more like a human would react.

> K and Deckard fight that goes on for way too long and ends with a quip

That's not how quips work. And the holograms were the great, one of the better things in the movie. It ends when Deckard is disarmed and can barely stand.

Lol dude just give it up. No one is going to subscribe to your shitty youtube channel.

lol dude bro wassup

>sylvia screeching out her lungs like a histrionic banshee
>subtle

Harrison Ford actually tried here, and there wasn't a quip there. You must be so routined of watching Marvel shit that you actually think any attempt at humor equals a quip. The resistance scene was also necessary for K to complete his character arc.

Please link the Rogue One review, I want to believe you but every time you bring it up you don't provide a source.

>That everything didn't have a slick i-phone look to it was actually a positive not a negative.
Never said that, The first one is gritty and it feels noir without insulting our intelligence.

>a mix of this weird retro future.
>There was also return to analog technology
I don't have a problem with mixing of old and new technology, as this actually happens. I have a record player for example. I'm just saying Villeneuve can't decide whether it is science fantasy, fiction or steampunk. He needs to pick one and stick with it.

>And a boiling pot and a stove is not a sci-fi cliche..far from it.
Not a sci-fi cliche, but a crime/noir movie cliche. And you can't say the scene at the end is not stupid.

It's hard to watch a movie without human characters. Does Villeneuve expect us to feel the romance between a skinjob and a hologram? When the emitter is crushed in the end, are we supposed to feel something? Then later on in the movie he throws that huge hologram in your face, and it repeats the things Joe and his 'gf' would say, as if Villeneuve is saying "ha! gotcha! she is just a program!"

The movie attempts to be deep and talks about a soul, wants us to ask whether replicants are human, but then throws the shit in with the miracle birth completely undermining itself and making the decision for us.

A few instances does not mean that's her whole performance.
There is quite a lot of subtlety in her performance, especially when she first meets K, her demeanor changes with every answer she get's from K, sexual tension awkward pauses vulnerability feeling ashamed all of it, same when she talks with Wallace.

She literally yells once in the movie

Holy fuck give it a rest you absolute brainlet

>It's hard to watch a movie without human characters.
This is the most braindead argument ever. And so if at the very last scene there was some dumb twist where K is an actual born human being you would suddenly care about him? Or if there was some dumb twist where Joi is an actual person that was projected for K? Do you understand how dumb that sound?
And what about all the Disney animal cartoons, how do the majority of the viewers watch and relate to those then?

>wants us to ask whether replicants are human
No, that was the original. This one just simply asks you "Does it matter?" Does it matter if you are programmed or born, does it matter if the love you're experiencing is programmed or not etc

>Villeneuve can't decide whether it is science fantasy, fiction or steampunk. He needs to pick one and stick with it.

How the fuck was it steampunk or fantasy. I already explained to you it comes from contuining the original blade runner, will LA look like that in 2019? No. It's a continution of the original more than it's trying to predict 2049 , i mean did you miss the ATARI/USSR adds.

>It's hard to watch a movie without human characters.
You are a fucking brainlet, It's a wonder how you can enjoy any sci-fi, or I think you're just saying dumb shit to try to sound smart. You will drone on and on how good the original is, but the most memorable characters are all replicants..They're analogous to humans, how did that went past your head

check his facebook posts from May, you lazy bitch. I've gone back and found it and posted it like 3 times, you are just lazy. There wasn't a review either, he was crying about millenial movies sucking and listed the post 2000 films he thought were great

> I'm just saying Villeneuve can't decide whether it is science fantasy, fiction or steampunk.
>STEAMPUNK

*breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHAHHHAHHAHHHAHHHAHHAHHHAHHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

>steampunk

Do you even know what that word means?

>lazy because I don't creep some youtube movie reviewers facebook profile

wew lad

The substance of the post is that - among people who just watched the series for the first time and had no bias for or against the old film - the new fillm was generally far more appreciated.

you are the one asking for it apparently all this time when I've given it to you, so yes you are.
fucking kill yourself, and here it is again

textbook definition of a shit post

someones mad because no one cares about his gay meme review channel

Those are some shit picks for best movies of the last 20 years but yeah, I understand now why this board can't stand you. Not only a tripfag but an annoying one at that

>I'm just saying Villeneuve can't decide whether it is science fantasy, fiction or steampunk
Literally what?

>what about all the Disney animal cartoons, how do the majority of the viewers watch and relate to those then?
Humans can empathise with animals because they are conscious/emotional beings. These skinjobs are still robots, albeit made from organic materials.

>"Does it matter?" Does it matter if you are programmed or born, does it matter if the love you're experiencing is programmed or not etc
It's a stupid question to be asking. Of course it matters if all your memories and emotions are programmed. If they're meant to be conscious beings, and their emotions are programmed then they aren't conscious.

>How the fuck was it steampunk or fantasy.
The coin operated jukebox with analog buttons and a holographic projector inside it is steampunk.
It's science fantasy because K/Joe's gf is not possible. The personal emitter you can carry around and it emits her anywhere in the room is beyond reality. And science fiction is about things that are possible, improbable or difficult, but still possible.

>You will drone on and on how good the original is
Where?

>but the most memorable characters are all replicants..They're analogous to humans, how did that went past your head
Deckard is not a replicant. THATS THE FUCKING POINT. A human falling for a replicant. In the new one it's a replicant who kills his own kind lol

>How the fuck was it steampunk
The coin operated jukebox with analog buttons and a holographic projector inside
Maybe steampunk is not the right word for it but it doesn't make sense.

I think he means why Vegas looks so different and retro..but that's the point, it had a bomb dropped on it decades before, before the earth turned into a shithole.

So it looked a lot of the chairs and decor looked like they're from a different time...but that was a point

> The coin operated jukebox with analog buttons and a holographic projector inside it is steampunk.
Because it's a vintage hotel you donkey, and where the fuck is it being powered by steam or by mechanical gears? Whew lad. Weeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

>The coin operated jukebox with analog buttons and a holographic projector inside it is steampunk
Read what steampunk means...

>he personal emitter you can carry around and it emits her anywhere in the room is beyond reality.
It's a fucking projector that can work trough his jacket. Oh yeah this is a fantasy, but you know transporters and warp engines and food synthesizers are possible but improbable.

Literally get the fuck out of here, I'm talking to a troll

It's a good movie and I stand by that.
I'm fucking sick of Sup Forums completely shifting as soon as the theatrical run ends

Brainlet here. Where did Deckards daughter get her money from?
How can a movie so celebrated have this many plotholes?

>How can a movie so celebrated have this many plotholes?
How can you function with so many plotholes in your brain, I mean honestly .
They literally show you her place of work , and tell you she's the best.He's surprised she's not off-world because she owns her own laboratory.

This. Other than muh cyberpunk aesthetic and that scene where he sexually misconducts a robot blade runner is flat and boring

I know Rob definitely is. just hitting 60k subs now after all these years when dogfucker has over half a million. poor old coot can't into technology

well I'm glad the mass confusion you've been caused has ceased for your sake

>They literally show you her place of work , and tell you she's the best.He's surprised she's not off-world because she owns her own laboratory.
Except she says her parents built her cage. Did she buy it herself at age 8?
Plot's shit.

>tfw just watched it for the first time today
>missed all the good discussion and now only contrarian shitposters remain

>Humans can empathise with animals because they are conscious/emotional beings. These skinjobs are still robots, albeit made from organic materials.
Replicants are also conscious emotional beings. They are literally bio-ingeneered human beings capable of anything a human can do (and much more if they transcend their original programming)

>It's a stupid question to be asking. Of course it matters if all your memories and emotions are programmed. If they're meant to be conscious beings, and their emotions are programmed then they aren't conscious.
Why? Literally explain why? Isn't your genes and DNA also just "programming"?

You really have the most surface-level brainletbway of processing things, it's a bit embarassing

>Plot's shit.
Your brain is mush.
Her parents moving to off world + her mentioning parents to take her offworld = she was adopted from the orphanage by people of some means

This is really obvious and does not need to be spelled out but I guess more details wether her parents knew what they were getting involved with couldn't hurt

>Sup Forums
>Good discussion

there actually was good discussion for this movie

You missed when everyone was praising it. Now that it's too popular the cool thing to do is bash on it.

when the torrent comes out you'll get another chance

maybe if you are a retard

>Plot tu comlictd fr me

Nope, that's where the worst basement dwelling autists and tourist crossposters come who watch 15 minutes of a 700mb screener on their 13 inch Toshiba laptop and will make countless "boring nothing happens" braindead threads about it

Fuck off brainlet

yeah , they will also be browsing Sup Forums and reddit while watching it

up- up- upvote interlinked style!

>calling circlejerk threads "discussion"

>tourist crossposters
Why are you using language used against this movie and its confirmed tourist fans?

>Oh no, Reddit likes a movie!

you can fuck off back there mate, Sup Forums memes are superior

Sup Forums did this exact same shit, search the archives

You be in denial all you want user, but Sup Forums loves BR2049.
The majority of the tourist crossposters come on opening week and when the torrent comes

>*makes general*
>oh yeah blade runner2049 is totally ourmovie!! normies and sjws hate it!!
>REE YOU FUCKING AUTISTS ITS GOOD
>quote unquote "Oh no, Reddit likes a movie!"
go ahead and say its kino or something about based goosekino now and make us non-crossies that don't have the reddit sensibility laugh
>Sup Forums
cross posters from Sup Forums, /r9k/, twitter, what seems to be /fa/ and Sup Forums*

nice headcanon my dude

you must be excited for star wars 8. I remember when you had to make a general to get away from "actual" Sup Forums users when you couldn't stand the criticism for 7

Sjws do hate it though

Again, nice headcanon my dear amigo friend.
I'm sure your next post will be "waaah go watch Thor/got/capeshit waaah" pretending like casuals and normies liked this film, when we both know that isn't the case

but none of this is "headcanon" and the fact that you just said the star wars stuff didn't happen is more proof that you're not from around here

You accidentally posted a picture of kino instead of your botched circumcision

But it is your headcanon. You have this infantile state of mind where you're unable to admit two websites have a somewhat shared taste for a particular film.

I'm saying your assumption that everyone who likes this film likes starwars (which is the most braindead assumption possible) is headcanon. I never said or implied that the board wasn't absolutely flooded with sw threads when tfa was out, you also straight up imagined that.

Also reddit screenshots only out yourself for being a filthy tourist crossposter and give no argument at all, I'm sure I can find an equally embarassing reddit thread about any of the films you like too

lmao

>the star wars problem was headcanon
>normies don't like it even though the images show otherwise
>the generals didn't happen even though the images show otherwise
why do these non locals keep admitting they're not from here?

Who the fuck is talking about Starwars? Why are you so obsessed with goddamn Starwars? Are you by any chance an actual turboautist?

>I'm saying your assumption that everyone who likes this film likes starwars (which is the most braindead assumption possible) is headcanon
yes now that i've called you out for saying it didn't happen
>never said or implied that the board wasn't absolutely flooded with sw threads when tfa was out, you also straight up imagined that
>Again, nice headcanon my dear amigo friend.
>Also reddit screenshots only out yourself for being a filthy tourist crossposter
>doesn't even see its saved images from here because again he doesn't know about Sup Forums
more and more proof stacking up
>and give no argument at all
Sup Forums is not your home board. that is the only argument required. you just proved it above too
>I'm sure I can find an equally embarassing reddit thread about any of the films you like too
i'm sure you could because again you're a reddit not Sup Forums
me as it's what your friends are as stated here a general thread(s) made to hide away from the rest of the board

Underrated

Heh, nothin personal

Does anyone have a screenshot of his face afterwards? It looks something like pic related.

DELET

>You would never hurt me like that, user, would you?