Storytime!!!

Storytime!!!
Let's read a new comic from a new comic company, Heathen.

All my friends are heathens take it slow
Wait for them to ask you who you know
Please don't make any sudden moves
You don't know the half of the abused

I was interested until the last sentence.

>new comic
>on Sunday

New in the sense that this is the first issue and it was released on Wednesday. Or at least ripped on Wednesday.

From what I remember in Der Ring des Nibelungen he is kind of a dick to Brynhildr

So what did these two do, have hot heathen lesbian sex?

They at least kissed, but in my head they had hot heathen lesbian sex on a bearskin that Aydis killed.

Not my cup of tea but thanks for the Storytime nevertheless

It's not great, I think it has some potential though. I love anything with Norse things though.

>probably just kissed

They got into trouble for this lame-ass shit? Never knew vikings were such prudes.

And that's it. Hope ya'll liked it.

Is there another issue?

Not yet.

so lesbian vikings?

Pretty much.

Seriously? Cause I swear to god I read this months ago.

It was released Feb. 15th.

What lesbian viking comic that involves climbing a mountain did I read then?

I don't know? Did you maybe read a preview for this?

Waaay too much direct exposition.
>Hello horse, let me just explain to you what I'm doing with all the important information on the first fucking page!
The dialogue feels stilted and too modern.
The art seems TOO sketchy.

If it's trying to just be a Red Sonja rip-off, then I guess it' fine, but I feel like there's a lot to be desired.

He didn't have a choice in Nibelung. He either had to let his children die or risk further compromising the gods' status. Brunhilde saved his daughter against his own orders, and so he had to banish her.

I appreciate the storytime, OP, but goddamn this comic is awful.

Nevermind I figured it out. It had been published before.

Oh, it was released in a Kickstarter thing and now they are doing single issues.
I don't think its terrible, it definitely needs some polish. I liked Alterici's art more on the Grayson Annual then here but it's not bad.

fuck not even viking stories are free from sjw propaganda

I´m glad the comic book industry is dying if all the care about is pushing gay and tranny shit at this point

great cover, garbage generic unfinished interior art, when will the indie's stop trying to bait and switch us?

I find the idea itself pretty stupid. A feminist retelling of The Ring Saga, now with added lesbianism.

Eh, I kinda like it.
Also, thanks I found the collected release from the Kickstarter so I'll storytime the rest.

Maybe you should base your tastes on something other than whether or not the concept offends you.

>Viking and Valkyire lesbians

I can dig

The writing in this is beyond trite.

Look at shit like this

Vikings had fucking bear traps.

What about it exactly?

I don't really see how that's trite. I don't know much about viking laws though.

The "They'll fix me" "There's nothing wrong with you" shit.

They ain't even trying to hide the "EVIL PATRIARCHAL OPPRESSION OF WOMEN" shit.

>a new comic company
Who the hell looked at the sales numbers of non big 2 comics and felt founding a new company was a good investment?

Why do americans love dickriding a bunch of baltic pirates so hard? Is it because it panders to your white supremacy fantasies?

I think they are mostly looking to be digital only, like Monkeybrain are, and a lot of good things came from Monkeybrain

>They ain't even trying to hide the "EVIL PATRIARCHAL OPPRESSION OF WOMEN" shit.
Why do they have to? "Man vs. society" stories aren't exactly a new thing user. And you're retarded if women and gays have just been getting on fine all through history.

Women were treated fine by Viking laws, user.
>"Man vs. society" stories aren't exactly a new thing user.
This isn't "someone fighting a corrupt system", though. This is OVERTLY gender politics, right from the fucking get go, with LGBT shit sprinkled a long with it.

It goes as far as rewriting the Ring Cycle into something retarded JUST to get the "MAN EVIL OPPRESS WOMEN" thing across extra hard.

See? Look at this shit.

Yes, that is essentially the comic.

If you're going the feminist subversion route, why the FUCK would you dress your main character in a bikini in an arctic environment? Out of all the tropes in modern "viking" settings, you pick the DUMBEST one to play straight?

The premise of this sounds painfully shitty. I assume the whole thing is just going to be that Thorina chapter where shit is censored with things like MRA PANDERING

Because she's not held down by men's oppressive rules of dress. Obviously.

>This isn't "someone fighting a corrupt system", though. This is OVERTLY gender politics, right from the fucking get go, with LGBT shit sprinkled a long with it.
The way I see it is more along the lines of a woman sees the story from a different perspective then the men in the society, much like the story from Sandman or the real life legend of Medusa

The Ring cycle definitely in the core text has limitations on male and female power, which are used and treated differently. This comic isn't really my jam, but I don't think the concept is inherently worthless.

>Women were treated fine by Viking laws,
Not necessarily gays though.
>This isn't "someone fighting a corrupt system"
That's "corrupt systems" are not a necessary qualification for stories about characters being opposed to society you dumbass.

The facts is gays have not always been welcome and you're pretty much just bitching that stories exist that acknowledge that. Go away.

Or by the environment's oppresive rules of temperature, I guess.

God, the bikini thing has always annoyed me, but I let it slide in stuff like Red Sonja which are very obviously pulpy, campy stories. But in something that's trying to subvert the norm, why not take advantage of it and draw some sick-ass northern duds?

It gets really irritating how any Sup Forums thread with a hint of race or gayness triggers a bunch of autistic cunts who feel compelled to post about how triggered they are.

This is just some lesbian's lesbian Viking comic. You were never going to buy it anyway - you are only even seeing it because it was ripped online. Get over it.

>Not necessarily gays though.
Well no shit.

>The facts is gays have not always been welcome and you're pretty much just bitching that stories exist that acknowledge that. Go away.
I'm bitching about something that's doing the "OPPRESSION" shit like it's going out of fucking style.

This shit right here proves exactly what I've been saying.

Because the artist wanted to draw a chainmail bikini chick?

>This is just some lesbian's lesbian Viking comic. You were never going to buy it anyway - you are only even seeing it because it was ripped online. Get over it.
Go back to /u/ and take this shit with you, then. You have a whole fucking board for your fetish.

>I'm bitching about something that's doing the "OPPRESSION" shit like it's going out of fucking style.
So, yeah, exactly what I said. You're so fucking triggered by the premise you can't even think about anything else.

Well, Alterici is a lesbian.

The role of women in Viking societies and how racy you can get and still be feminist are arguments with a lot of layers that you're not gonna get in a Sup Forums thread.

>fighting against subjugation of women
>keeps a super-intelligent talking horse in a restraint meant for leading around normal horses

tiddies

Am I not allowed to mock something stupid? Does that hurt your feelings?

Let me guess. "Get over it >:C"

Because nobody ever posts /u/ manga on Sup Forums ;^)

You chose to come into the thread, senpai

The issue that I have with many race/gender issue comics is just that they're poorly done.

Different user, user.