Anyone else think it's hilarious that Disney/Marvel just so happened to decide to drop their heavily anticipated...

Anyone else think it's hilarious that Disney/Marvel just so happened to decide to drop their heavily anticipated Punisher Netflix series on the same day that Justice League comes out in theaters?

Evil or not, you gotta hand it to em, they know how to run a business. How many opening weekend tickets will JL miss out on due to people binging these 13 kino episodes on Friday? Early reviews say it's ultra violent, especially towards the end. I know I'm hyped.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0110413/
deadline.com/2017/10/the-punisher-pulled-new-york-comic-con-violence-las-vegas-1202182226/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't see how this series can possibly be as bad as the JUSTice League.

I'm really losing track of what's marvel and what's dc given how they're both devolving into normie shit brain capeshit.

Punisher for that matter too...
Seems fitting two shit compositions would be released on the same day.

How far DC has fallen since the superman series/BVS.
How long marvel has twisted around in trying to be edgy/controversial with populist horseshit.

> Punisher originally went after the mafia and gangs
> Now, he goes after the govt. in some jason born type bullshit because he saw too much on a mission and big boy govt. fucked his shit up.. So, one man and some guns can take on the govt. now? I guess this is supposed to sell to cucked numales who are upset about trump getting elected?... likely netflix's majority audience now that the brand has attracted brainlet normies?

Who writes these insufferable scripts? Nevermind I know the answer.

Look at how they rewrote the plot/script for punisher. Literal Jason born meets captain america stretched across 13 episodes.

How is one man taking on a gov't conspiracy any more far fetched than one man taking on the mob and countless dangerous criminals alone with only guns and his wits and killing hundreds? Both are fantasy. And both far more believable than the JUSTice League.

Who cares? The point is an excuse for Frank to be Frank anyway. It's probably more interesting this way than a generic "take on the mob" story anyway, muh comics or no

>this is the punisher

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

I get that that's a meme and you have no original thought, but can I ask what is so funny?
Bernthal is easily the best Punisher yet, and I'm sure he could kick your ass without breaking a sweat

>The must be taken

What did they mean by this?....

In various comics Frank works with/for Nick Fury tackling shady government ops. This is nothing new for Frank, though I guess it makes sense they want to keep him as a relatably good guy as opposed to a war-addicted motherfucker who franks every single frank

Not really, Netflix drops new shows every weekend and new movies come out every weekend. They just happened to be of the same genre this time.

>adults watch capeshit in 2017
please stop i cant take any more

Holy fuck dude it's a tv show not a jewish Sup Forums conspiracy against muh trump goddamn dude

I'm hoping they'll do a version of punisher born and the Aaron run with bullseye

>It's probably more interesting this way than a generic "take on the mob"
lol no it's not. get the fuck out dumb nigger

The guy can fucking act. He can genuinely show vulnerability going through the alphaness. He might not have a lot of range, but the stuff that's in his range, he got it down.

In fact my boy Bernthal might be the only reason I'm pirating this.

Also happens to be more highly anticipated than anything since Daredevil, even normies will watch it, it's gonna be huge. Will probably be their best capeshow since Daredevil too. You really think that's just a coincidence? I this is Disney we're talking about here.

whats wrong with his face?

Listened to a podcast featuring Bernthal recently and goddamn, what a stand up guy. Family man, very convicted, takes his job and his commitments extremely seriously. I already liked him as an actor, but now I have a hell of a lot of respect for him. Can't wait for the series too; he was easily the best part of DD S2.

He got in a lot of street fights when he was younger. He mentioned his fucked up nose in the podcast I was talking about.

Defenders was supposed to be Netflix's Avengers and that bombed. Hard to say if this is bigger then any of their other shows.

It is though. Not saying it's bad or they should not have done the original story, but The Punisher has always been one of the most one dimensional revenge characters of all time. He literally exists to Frank people. The bad guys are super evil criminals that no one can too mad about when they are inevitably slaughtered.
I'm sure they probably looked at The Punisher comics and thought the plot was a little thin, and thought they could do something more complicated and interesting.
You're just mad because it's not muh comics, neckbeard
Get over it

>And both far more believable than the JUSTice League.
Sorry, they're both populist capeshit.

> How is one man taking on a gov't conspiracy any more far fetched than one man taking on the mob and countless dangerous criminals alone with only guns and his wits and killing hundreds?
Because its a total rewrite of the char and its a rewrite that was done not to add depth or value to the fantasy to placate and try to capitalize off brainlet populist fervor. When you engage in such a broad based rewrite based on the literal lowest common denominator sentiment in the country it hits a point of cringe.

Otherwise what is this? .. Now normies are WE WUZ CONSPIRACY THEORISTS AND CHIT and always believe govt. was corrupt and crooked even though we were calling such people crazy years ago? Now its all true and now punisher goes after the corrupt govt? Is fantasy for normies the stuff they claim is bullshit IRL?

I'm sorry, but Marvel as a franchise has jumped the shark. They have no real materiel/plots/or ideas that are true fantasy .. forwarding looking material so they've for some time been doing nothing but playing dress up with populist dogma. It's getting old and fucking retarded desu. Their fanbase is literally a bunch of middle aged millenials that think they're toys-r-us kids who meetup every year to play who can spend the most time/money on LARPing as make believe characters. Sci-fi and comics were about projecting fantasy into the future .. Getting kids and adults to see through to the beyond that wasn't ever present in society. These fucks have lost the narrative and jumped the shark.

Both justice league and this look like shit tier slop and it looks to be a trend that will be continued from both studios.

He's Jewish

He was great in Sicario, even though it was a bit part, that was one of the best films I've seen in a while
He wouldn't have been cast in that film if he couldn't act. You might be right about his range but that's why if you have limited range you play to your strengths and choose appropriate roles, which Bernthal has clearly been smart in doing.

If the Punisher we're real, he'd probably kill the Rapist League (Joss, Ben, Jason, Gal, and the gay kid).

can't handle a little competition, dc?

Welcome to 10 years ago

I certainly don't care. I don't watch this garbage.
I'd take imdb.com/title/tt0110413/ any day.
The point about fantasy is for it to go beyond stale ass muh gobbermint memes.

> It's probably more interesting this way than a generic "take on the mob" story anyway, muh comics or no
So, the mob has lost relevance..
The issue is that they've replaced it with a half baked idea.
The Jason borne franchise got played out for a reason.
This framing is literal cornball cinema in this day and age.
Netflix does a lot of market research. So, they literally repackaged this to appeal to their quickly becoming brainlet viewer base. It's clearly centered on capitalizing on populist disdain for govt. Replace this with a real issue of the mob ruling the streets with impunity back when punisher was written and you'll see the shark being jumped with this new spin.

Justice league looks like shit too for that matter.

He had a small role in the writer for Sicaro's new movie Wind River. He's great in everything he's in.

Yeah but avengers was dragged down by Jessica Stronk, Black Cage, and The Iron Twink, all of which sucked to various degrees. All the parts with Daredevil were good, but unfortunately that was only 25% of the show. The Punisher wasn't in it, despite being on associated ad artwork
Daredevil and The Punisher are the only good characters so far, the rest suck

Essentially they binned a more broad ranging narrative in order to appeal to brainlet fucktards who are upset w/ the govt. currently. Looks like CSI meets Jason bourne crossed with a convoluted muh darkness version of Captain America : Civil War. It's not an archetype that has any grounding or is even fantasy in the present day. Jason bourne hit cringe levels because in the present day the intelligence agencies can nigger anyone they want. So, the bad ass w/ guns fantasy tends to be nostalgic horeshit at this point.

OK well enjoy your not having any fun ever since you seem dead set on that, meanwhile I'll be enjoying some popcorn entertainment watching Frank doing what Frank does best: Franking fools
Not everything has to be There Will Be Blood or The Tree of Life

Yeah, i wish I could watch all cinema and enjoy it without such a cringey ass plot jumping out in a 2 min trailer. Producers, writers, and directors used to have some decency and at least make this shit an undetectable sub plot. I'm tired of being subjected to this drop dead obvious garbage in my kino. So, fuck that shit. It looks like convoluted trash. Idgaf the image of Punisher they're using to sell it.. it's not punisher.. It's rewritten normie garbage.

He's great in compositions with real grit.
Less so in convoluted populist capeshit

Got a link/source for that podcast? Wouldn't mind hearing that
Bernthal does seem like a bro, my brother met him at Dallas Comicon last year, he said he seemed like a normal and genuine guy, and he got a picture with him.
He was also in awesome in Baby Driver, he did a great job in that as a scumbag criminal, he did a good job in that of really making you hate him.

Some real kino w/ grit and edge but that'd be too much for the kind of fucbois who watch marvel comic movies 5 times and dress up every year for comicon.

The trailer looked like some cringy ass numale punisher w/ over the top sensational violence that never gets serious so jill can watch with her cucked bf on friday night and ask him to be naughty for once in their 5 year relationship and slap her ass while he's doing her missionary later that night. This isn't a hardboiled red-pilled punisher.. it's a cucked version of it for normies.

This. Did anyone you know even finish Defenders? I gave up after Ep 6

>Leon The Professional
That film is kino, I'll give you that, and a damn sight better film than any Capeshit will ever be. Doesn't mean we can't have fun with new things.
I somewhat disagree with your opinion about the govt story, however well said.
The mob IS less relevant than it was during I'm the time when The Punisher comics were written, the Mob being unable to be viable in the same way as it was during the 20th century was one of the main themes of The Sopranos. The mob isn't what it used to be. The world has changed a lot since the Punisher was created.
I think it's ironic that imply say that the government doing sinister things, while played out to a degree, isn't relevant just because it was done better many years ago by The Bourne Trilogy (to which I agree, the movies are forever kino)
While you are right that it is not the OG Punisher origin story, I think a story of PTSD and corrupt govt conspiracies is more relevant today than the mob.

Sorry dude.. Tons of global kino is in the pipe w.r.t to tv shows. I'm not missing out on a single thing given all of the much more solid compositions that are out there.

> Not everything has to be There Will Be Blood or The Tree of Life
Not everything has to be political dogshit meant to manipulate my sentiment w.r.t to populist drama... Hopefully your g/f will get aroused when she watches frank be frank and will ask you to do something manly to her after your friday night netflix and chill. I tend to already have this aspect of my relationship down so don't need shit tier shows to get the juices flowing.

> Netflix
> Punisher
In this numale cucked society where men can't even hit on women without getting their show cancelled and charged with rape. So, go watch frank be the man you could never imagine existing in present day society. Enjoy that.... cuck

They have Karen - THE most bluepilled Stronk Woman character on TV - seeping out of Daredevil and into this series, you can be sure it’s doubly cucked

Is that his real nose? What the fuck?

I mean, was The Punisher ever "red pilled" to begin with? I think you're projecting too much onto what is essentially a revenge fantasy

The last 3 shows were Iron Fist, Defenders, and Inhumans
A trifecta of shit

AYY

AYYY DC

MASK U SUMN

>The Must Be Taken

what the fuck...

Youre really bad at reading.

He was, yes. A strong law and order, gun rights, capital punishment conservative who purified NYC’s most awful neighborhoods of rapists, thugs, and gang members
NuFrank cries in public all the time and needs a safe space where Karen can make sure he only targets mean government / vets

Not sure why you feel the need to bring your sexuality insecurities into this, if you actually felt comfortable fucking your gf and thinking she's satisfied, you wouldn't have ever brought that up. I don't have any problems feeling comfortable and confident fucking women, do you? Projecting much?

I read them in the early 90s and they certainly seemed as "red pilled" or even fascist as the Death Wish movies. People didn't care at that time.

Sounds like you are extremely fearful of being cucked, literally nothing in this thread was involving that or sex at all and you brought it up, what the fuck man.

She was such a gem in Trueblood and then she got pulled out from kino HBO into populist normie trash.
Newfag

It's all gone to shit and has been some time.
Average IQ of Normie = -10
Normies take over a genre/franchise in terms of fanbase.. Execs see shekels.. Tune down everything to be palatable to normies and it ends up being dogshit.
Eventually even normies grow tired of dogshit and then you get epic crashes.

What's stopping anyone from doing both? It's not like there aren't enough hours in the day.

Time to FRANK everyone's expectations then

Not at all. I'm extrapolating your archetype from your previous commentary :
Complete w/ your saved by the bell reference ..
> OK well enjoy your not having any fun ever since you seem dead set on that, meanwhile I'll be enjoying some popcorn entertainment watching Frank doing what Frank does best: Franking fools
Not everything has to be There Will Be Blood or The Tree of Life
Try not to reveal yourself so much in your opening slight and enjoy your friday night.
> Ohhh frank... OHhhhh

>very convicted
okay

Nigger I've been on Sup Forums regularly since about 2009
How dare you call me a newfag, you're an underageb& faggot, kys

The podcast was The Nerdist (don't usually go for that shit but needed something to listen to on a 4 hour car ride). He definitely seems like a genuine and down-to-earth kind of guy.

>w.r.t
WHAT IS THIS

ALSO PUNISHER SHOULD BE KILLING MAFIA AND ASSORTED CRIMINAL SCUM AS ALWAYS

CORRUPT GOVERNMENT AGENTS BEING THE BAD GUY ISNT NECESSARILY ANTI DRUMPF, BUT THE TIMING DOES COINCIDE

SO DID TERRY CATCH AIDS FROM THAT VEGAS CRACKWHORE, GODS GONNA BE PISSED AT HIM

Looks worse than he Daredevil and Iron Fist “costumes”
Literally Inhumans-tier

Oh I will, you better believe it nigger
Enjoy worrying about your girlfriend thinking about other dudes

Sounds like you just took psych 101 and think you can convince people i'm projecting w/ this 1-D weak hand you're playing.

Sounds like this is why you're deflecting so strongly and sounds like this is why
felt the need throw out an archetype because I truthfully critiqued his male-boi fiction so hard. Sounds like he had 2nd thoughts about why his gf enjoys cuddling up with him so much watch such sorry ass kino. Sounds like I might of brought up a memory he had of a previous encounter that he never but 2 and 2 together with. If there was no truth in it, you wouldn't feel the need to double down so hard w/ a 1-D (muh psychological projection comeback).

> mfw someone shows disdain for intellectual kino but tries to compose intellectual bantz
> muh logical fallacies
> muh psychological projection

Don't have to qualify, I don't have any preconceived notions The Nerdist, though I have heard of it. I listen to some nerdy as fuck podcasts so no worries

How can a T-shirt with a skull painted on it lol as fake or shitty as Daredevil's costume (which I thought was fine honesty) and Iron Fist's non-costume?
>inhumans
Kys

Surprisingly the podcasts that I've listened to from them aren't that bad. It's mainly just casual conversations with stars. They have one with Bruce Campbell that is fantastic. Didn't even know that Chris Hardwick was the interviewer initially because he doesn't come off as a tremendous faggot like he does on TV.

Jokes on you, I haven't had a girlfriend since 2012, so that's not a consideration
BTFO lol

>tfw the most recognizable animation studio on the planet's mascot is less recognizable than Warner Bros. animation mascot

It doesn't show desu.

I don't have your problems my dude and my gf doesn't enjoy shit tier shows. So, we'll be watching far better kino this Friday evening and I'll make sure to have her call-out (user) when I lay hands on her ass just to send some good vibes your way.

>BUT THE TIMING DOES COINCIDE
It's netflix desu. Not the netflix of prior years.. But the appeal to masses netflix. It's more than coincidence. Viewers have heard of Punisher for some time and then you get the trailer after much delays and it clearly looks like a convoluted script that was rewritten to fit a narrative. Cringey af being the red flag.

> SO DID TERRY CATCH AIDS FROM THAT VEGAS CRACKWHORE, GODS GONNA BE PISSED AT HIM
Nah' but i heard cuckflix did
deadline.com/2017/10/the-punisher-pulled-new-york-comic-con-violence-las-vegas-1202182226/

This was in production long before the idea of a Trump president was something seriously consider, moron. It's what people consume.

>doesn't show desu
Well I'm sorry I suck at life, but then again if I didn't, I wouldn't have been here since about 2009

>I don't have your problems dude
Again, you're the one who brought up chucking, you're the ones who's projecting.
I don't have a gf, yeah I'm a loser but at least I'm not a cuck or legit worried about being a cuck, lie you obviously are.

It was and it was revised multiple times. Not sure if you got the memo.

That was me
That wasn't, just so ya know

This is adapting an arc from the comics, have you considered actually researching before deciding it's s conspiracy?

Not at all desu.
It appears that out of all of the arcs that exist .. Ones are chosen coincidentally to fit a studio's heavily data mined audience these days. The more cringey the better.

What makes you think people won't do both

Hey, count yourself lucky they aren't doing Mother Russia with hilarious jokes about Drumpf being in cahoots with them

I'm just glad it's about a character who wasn't tainted by that Defenders mess.

What bothers me the most about this new series isn't Frank going against some CIA agents or somesuch, but them changing the death of his family to be some kind of Psy-ops.

this the bullseye punisher arc was incredible. bullseye actor would have to be spot on and get to ham everything up.

you're 100% right don't listen to these CIA NIGGERS
fucking punisher can't shoot bunch of niggers and spics because that's not "politically correct". fucking netflix soros bullshit
>muh evil government! I have to kill them I am the punisher those poor black thugs are the real victim

it's pathetic. and they have to add that fucking karen the fucking felicity of marvel tv shows (or maybe that's claire? both of them are bunch of fucking CUNTS)

You will never see this on (((Netflix))). Instead of killing blacks, Castle will kill Nazis gangs. Because all the crime in New York ghettos are committed by “Nazis".

Are people really looking forward to more boring marvel Netflix shit?

You're catching on to the multi-tiered narrative and exposition underlying these productions.

My nigga came in skronk w/ his commentary...
*Cosigned
> can't shoot bunch of niggers and spics because that's not "politically correct".
> karen the fucking felicity of marvel tv shows
> the fucking felicity of marvel tv shows

Truth bombs

/thread
In reality, Punisher should have been in modern day chicago blasting away the fuck nigga terrorists who disable the populous...
A la cuckflix :
> Muh CIA niggers
> Muh drumppft govt.

So glad I cancelled my membership the minute they start funding normie horseshit. It appears its been going down hill save for a few gems.

>manlet kicking anyone's ass
lol

don't dead open inside

i was looking forward to it, then i saw iron fist, defenders and the trailer to it. now i'm not really expecting anything. i'm still gonna watch it though, just out of curiosity

The PunnyManlet

>but muh icons