Seen a lot of comparison between Star Trek and Orville and after watching both... jesus christ...

seen a lot of comparison between Star Trek and Orville and after watching both... jesus christ. Is it just me or Orville is Americans in Space the Show ? how can people watch this and then say... yup it a true Star Trek series. are we watching the same show ? the one with Chris and Devon ? the one with the society of males having a girl every 100 years and pretending is an issue that need to be discussed in a court of law instead of... oh.. an aberrant representative of the society that happens once or twice every century... the show where all bridge officers are encouraged to make constant funny remarks regarding every order and obey only after discussions ? the show where you are actually paired with your ex wife as a first officer after an incident that almost ended his life as an officer and now we get an endless remarks from the captain about her infidelity... usually in front of important bridge officers and alien visitor. are we sure we watch the same show ?

>how can people watch this and then say... yup it a true Star Trek series

mostly memes, trolls and kids who are nostalgic for star trek without having seen star trek.

shut up, cuck

KYS

OBSESSED

>still salty that fucking Seth macfarlane managed to make a better trek show than the official trek show

Std is an abortion

>yup it a true Star Trek series
lel, your bait passed the sell by date right there
try harder

OP, please learn proper english. Thank you.

>how can people watch this and then say... yup it a true Star Trek series

It is out of desperation because there was nothing comparable to Star Trek on TV/Netflix/...

..and it's still better then STD

i've watched both std and orville. imo neither is better than the other. the orville is fun and quirky like TNG was, it's an homage to TNG, where as Discovery is a big budget sci fi series with great sfx and decent acting. both have their flaws, yet both are very watchable.

only faggots argue which is better. just enjoy them for what they are, faggots.

OP here. I did not say STD is better. just that this show seems like a parody that half way trough realized it would be cool to have a more serious tone. and then realized that comedy is good. so its in a half point where the serious stuff is overshadowed by stupid jokes and pop references that seem so very out of place in the setting that they fall flat every time. and the show just cant get over its idea that its a light series. it want to be both but it fails at all. Its like family guy where sometimes they try to make social commentaries or have interesting ideas but it get drowned in shit jokes because its afraid that people will change the channel if they are not amused every 2 seconds.

>watching anything with Seth MacFarlane in it
You don't seem to value you brain cells

Well this. Except they get the comfy TNG feeling right. That' all though. The show sucks dick (Muh pop cultural references instead of actual jokes). Faux drama, faux action and episodes that are way too long.
If DIS had a white mal lead Sup Forums would shit on Orville for being reddit as fuck because it actualy is.
>inb4 he CBS shill
The show is flawed but way better than fucking Orville.

I agree.

I stopped watching Orville when the screenwriter's solution to a super smart alien race kidnapping beings to put them in zoos was to just give them 21st century reality TV, like how the fuck am I supposed to treat anything seriously past that point

I'm only bringing this up because the show -does- try to be serious at times, but when you have conclusions like that it's just gonna ruin everything

Where else are we supposed to get our alien sex fiend fix?

>reddit as fuck
opinion ignored

What is the best Star Trek series anyway?

The Orville (thursdays @ 9pm on Fox.)

>The Orville
thanks seth