Considering that the characters from Tiny Toons and Animaniacs were part of the Looney Tunes universe or whatever you...

Considering that the characters from Tiny Toons and Animaniacs were part of the Looney Tunes universe or whatever you want to call it, is there a chance of them ever making another appearance in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_PG0GJ7HR4
legion1979.tumblr.com/post/72252723438/what-a-fabulously-cheap-cartoon-episode-93
legion1979.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=91TqRT4jseo
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-27/anime-studios-success-calculated-based-on-10-years-of-disc-sales/.88558
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

Not Buster at any rate; Elmer killed him.

WB doesnt give in to the 'le 90s nostalgia' meme like nick is doing

They rebooted Looney Tunes, PPG and Samurai Jack

What happened? I know about Joker killing him but Elmer?

No, I doubt it. They pretty much represent the political incorrectness of the early 90s. Something nowadays is frown upon. Man I miss those days, everything was so colorful. Plus ACT is to blame and they even did an episode on that.

I felt that once Animaniacs switched to WB Kids it became tame.

Nope, but it'll always live in our hearts, and other places.

>PPG and Samurai Jack
>WB

Warner Bros, Time Warner, same shit.

Even so, Tiny Toons were kind of an early 90s thing, which is quickly getting out of vogue in favor of late 90s nostalgia pandering.

>What happened? I know about Joker killing him but Elmer?

Bugs has gone missing so Daffy confronts the obvious suspects.

mah bonner

The rights are tied up with Speilberg and Amblin Entertainment so even if WB wanted to they'd need his permission. Supposedly the Animaniacs were gonna have a cameo in LT Back in Action but Spielberg didn't let them do it.

The show´s rights are tied with Spielberg, so no.

Who gives a shit?

Came here to post pic related.

Nobody really cares about Tiny Toons and Animaniacs except for the mentally unstable fanbase.

Hell, barely anyone cares about classic Looney Tunes at this point.

>Animaniacs
I rewatched reruns of some of this and Freakazoid not too long ago.
Oddly I didn't find them as funny as I remember.

>tms saved the industry you guise

I marathoned Animaniacs with a friend a few months ago, and we spent the entire time mocking the excess of pop culture references and the characters mugging or staring at the camera.

>Silly but Not Funny: The Animated Series

Who the fuck is Todd AO?
youtube.com/watch?v=J_PG0GJ7HR4

>the excess of pop culture references and the characters mugging or staring at the camera.
You can make a drinking game out of that. Just careful with intoxicating yourself

warncest

It was also kind of depressing to watch because I remember loving Tiny Toons as a kid, so watching the show now and not laughing was a downer. I can still watch Looney Tunes shorts and laugh, but not Tiny Toons or Animaniacs.

>what if we used the '30s dog people cartoons for D R A M A

These shows could have been a love letter to animation.
Instead they were a love letter to pop culture references.

>warncest
>not you've been warner'ed

I feel you. I was pretty excited about Freakazoid and I was really let down there. Still I enjoyed Daria when I rewatched it.

Another huge missed opportunity.

References aren't jokes.

>nobody really cares Animaniacs
I hear people cite that all the time as an example of great animation and writing

>References aren't jokes.
this makes me wonder, what was animaniacs about? It certainly wasn't about making jokes.

I used to think this, then I rewatched it. Maybe those who cite are just nostalgiafags.

You mean these kind of people? This is the funniest drawing of Dot I've ever seen, but Animaniacs fans are too obsessed with on-model to accept that people, and cartoon characters, don't have to look exactly the same all the time.

Animaniacs definitely had great songs, which is why people remember them. Memories can be deceiving though. Everybody remembers the "great animation and writing" until they actually sit down to watch the show.

WAIT A MINUTE I RECOGNIZE THOSE YELLOW HEAD SPIKES...

REFERENCES

Same parent company

legion1979.tumblr.com/post/72252723438/what-a-fabulously-cheap-cartoon-episode-93

Oh God, this guy's Animaniacs writeups.

Remember the 1990s smash hit The Macarena? Its music video had hot girls in skimpy outfits bouncing around.

Yeah, but they are... This kind of people

Also, all the writters are notorius know assholes in the industry who apparently were blacklisted from several creators for acting pretentious.

Written by Dan Slott!

Did we ever get DVD-sourced versions of all the old fapgifs? webms, even?

Yeah, all of these shows like Freakazoid, Histeria, and everything else Ruegger worked on, what I loved as a kid became so annoying with all these pop culture references and smarmy putdowns on celebrities nobody gives a shit about. I know Looney Tunes and golden age Simpsons have dated references too, but not in excess like these shows do.

>this makes me wonder, what was animaniacs about? It certainly wasn't about making jokes.
It was about Hollywood circle-jerking. It was about how much they hated cartoons and loved movies.

>looks through the IMDB page for the Animaniacs writers
>all the prolific ones are either retired, worked on that Kung Fu Panda show, or on The 7D

References are fine as long as you can get the joke without getting the reference. When Bugs Bunny does Groucho Marx, you don't have to know who Groucho Marx is. You laugh because the joke is funny, and the reference is a bonus.

Back to "on-model", why do Animaniacs and Tiny Toons fan thinks on-model is so important? Here Dot is just doing the W (perhaps the most frequent pose in Animaniacs? Maybe someone out there counted the frequency of all the different cliche poses they strike all the time). It doesn't matter if it's on-model if it's not funny or interesting to look at.

To be fair though, this is a pretty well-drawn W and it almost looks like Dot has real emotions and she's not just a soulless prop.

Reminder that the W isn't inherently bad, it's just bad when it's extremely overused, like in Animaniacs.

And let's not forget the W's cousin, the limp wrist.

For the love of god don't even play pretend. We need not summon TMSfag.

This guy complaining about model, I remember meeting him at a forum, and he was such an asshole. Hated every cartoon after the late 90s with the exception of Family Guy. Acted like the 80s was the holy grail of time. Buddies with Thad K. Talked down to anyone who didn't have his taste. Etc.

This is what pisses me off about the "breaking the fourth wall" era of the Warner cartoons.

They were all about cartoons characters acting out of the screen, living their lives and going to school, but as much as i love Tiny Toons, just like Bonkers and Kappa Mickey they missed the chance of exploring the main concept, i wanted to see more episodes about how the Toon school works, how they do finals, how cartoon effects are made, how they react to other kinds of cartoons. But instead most episodes are just "They are acting just like the Looney Tunes, but not as funny", same for the Aniamaniacs.

Freakzoid, Pink & Brain and the other seguements in the Animaniacs that weren't the Warner brothers worked better because they had their own concepts, they weren't just character driven "meh" comedy.

>Buddies with Thad K
But Thad K hates Animaniacs and '80s cartoons, and loves classic Warner Bros and Fleischer cartoons. If they're buddies they certainly don't share the same taste in cartoons.

with the exception of Todd AO(I've no clue either), the Fat Albert skit is the funniest thing Animaniacs ever did

>other seguements in the Animaniacs that weren't the Warner brothers worked better

That's super debatable.

Were the Hip Hippos EVER fuckin funny? And shit like the Good Feathers was just the same joke repeated over and over again (lol Pesto is beating up the other pigeon just like Joe Peschi did in Goodfellas, this joke is so great we're gonna do it 5 times in every segment!).

And how can ANYONE defend that one shitty segment about the candle flame and Thomas Jefferson? Fuck THAT.

Gotta give this guy credit. Despite his love for bland animation and bad drawings, at least he recognizes that references for the sake of references aren't funny.

Really bothers me the way he eats up bad drawings as if they're some sort of achievement.

How can the eyes be focused when they're just black dots with some shine on them?

Praises stuff that's badly drawn (I mean the teeth here are a zigzag line and Wakko's right hand and eyes are a blob) while being critical of creative and interesting poses like Dot here

To be fair, i don't remenber shit about any of the Hip Hippos or the Good Feathers seguements. But i remenber that they suffered from the same problem of just being character driven by characters that weren't really funny

You'd be suprised how even very simplistic drawings can have focused/unfocused expressions. Animaniacs' eyes have plenty definition to appear focused/unfocused.

Here's a (deliberate, in-character) unfocused gaze

is this the new "I'm 10 and I am an art expert because I can draw a SU character from memory" starting pack?

What's wrong with that man's eyes?

And here are two accidental, meaningless unfocused gazes.

Who is this guy?

legion1979.tumblr.com/

Whether the show is even that good or not, at least the voice actors sound like they had fun. They seem like cool people.

youtube.com/watch?v=91TqRT4jseo

They'll reboot it within five years.

Some guy who did a rundown of every Animaniacs episode. He does a really, really good job at representing the Tiny Toons and Animaniacs fandom, their inexplicable lust for on-model, their derision of some animation studios and adoration of others (in his case, Wang and TMS) and bold-faced proud lack of understanding of posing and animation.

On-model good, expressive bad.
Deliberately bad drawings good Creative drawings bad

So basically, they prove that John K. was right about everything all along.

I think that makes me hate them even more.

John K wasn't right about everything... but watching Animaniacs, you get the distinct feeling that they were sucking up to the movie industry.

The W and the limp-wrist. Extremely overused in Animaniacs.

Who has this big of a hateboner for references? Is this legitimate autism?

No, I don't remember it at all! But I LOVED the Macadamia.

>Hell, barely anyone cares about classic Looney Tunes at this point.

Classic cartoons like Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry still do well in the ratings; the bigger problem is that executives have decided that those characters can't be relevant without being updated for modern times.

Well that and they want to make their own personal stamp on the characters.

It's not a hateboner, references are fine. It's simply that references are not jokes.

Also this show needed to get its tongue out of Hollywood's butthole.

WB could probably bring back both and get a lot of attention thanks to nostalgia. Hell, they could put it on Cartoon Network or Boomerang.

But they probably shouldn't, since the show's original creators have all moved on and you'd probably end up with an unholy imitation like Nu-Powerpuff Girls.

I don't really see why. Back then Hollywood WAS pop culture.

Animaniacs did its own thing and really that's fine. I wouldn't ask for it to come back though.

Considering the fanbase, yeah. Though I can see his point that references in and of themselves aren't inherently funny; it's the reason why a film like Airplane! works and something like Meet the Spartans didn't.

Histeria! was the worst about that though since every single historical figure was some sort of movie reference or obscure joke that kids weren't going to get and even a lot of adults.

I dunno, I think he was right on the money when he did his recent review of Cool World.

References aren't bad by default, but it is possible to overdo them. There were plenty of jokes in Animaniacs that weren't just "Look at this famous person!" Those jokes are usually just the background gag.

I have a terrible confession to make
I don't get the finger prince joke
It really feel I miss a pun (english isn't my first language) or a reference (I don't know much about Prince)

No, these are the type of people Animaniacs brings.

He is also the show's chief director, one of Japan's leading university math teachers and his brother (Junichi) is one of the 3 main heads of Pokemon as well.

Fingering is a sexual act where you put your finger inside a vagina or an anus.

Ah, TMS shill. We've been expecting you.

Yes, they do, otherwise it would of not been such a huge hit on Netflix last year.

People still go nuts over Looney Tunes.
This, but don't forget about Spumco.
Yes, they did, in fact the so called "golden age" of The Simpsons (seasons 4-8) was almost nothing but pop culture references and when it started to do original ideas thats when you people started hating it so yea, you never liked The Simpsons, you just liked the movies it brings up.
Also Blue Jacket Lupin III.
Not until after TMS left.
>And how can ANYONE defend that one segment about the candle flame and Thomas Jefferson?

To be fare TMS did ditch that segment to Studio Junio (now Fai Japan) and it was not shitty, it was not the best the show had but it was better then The Hip Hippos.
Studio Jungle Gym's quirkiness.

All of that episode was shipped to other studios (Anime Spot, Jungle Gym, Tokyo Kids (people have told me this and that Far Eastern was only used by Wang) and Nakamura Pro in that order) as TMS only had 3 in house animators on board for that episode (Yoshinobu Michihata, Sawako Miyamoto and Koichi Suenaga) as the rest were reserved on Superman:TAS.
>Posing
That has been debunked more then once by people like Jerry Beck.

Unless you are a animator get the fuck out of the industry.
No, far from it.

Fuck off, TMSfag.

He will reply "that wasn't him" because he's so autistic he can't stop himself and he can't say anything different.

Great. You've summoned him.

Can't we go ONE Tiny Toons or Animaniacs thread without this cockgobbling faggot shitting it up with TMS this and TMS that?

Fuck. HIM.

Look at this great pose by TMS. Can't you tell they've single-handedly rescued the entire animation industry?

Wait no, now that I look at it, that drawing looks like crap. The feet, the pants, the facial expression, looks like cheap rushed outsourced drawings.

Wait a minute...

Thats from a Wang episode.

This is TMS.

Die in a fire, you autistic shit.

Do you REALLY think that you're spreading love of TMS by shitting up every fucking thread you enter with the same screenshots and gifs over and over and over again?

All you're doing is making people hate TMS on principle because they'll forever associate it with your autistic bullshit.

TMS-fag, You are a hundred-thousand times more obnoxious than Barney-fag ever was.

Wait a sec, that IS drawn by Wang! Silly me! Now let's compare it to glorious TMS.

Man, look at those feet, they're on model.
And look at those pants, they're not blobby any more.
And the face is 10% more defined.

Gee whiz, TMS sure are animation superstars.

No, that would entail Warner Brothers doing something that could be popular

Or maybe people use them because, out of the various outsourcing studios, they suck the least. Off-model feet and flat-blob pants are bad, yes. On-model feet and slightly-better-defined pants are better.

However, being "not shit" is a far cry from being the saviors of animation.

No, Spielberg was involved in Tiny Toons, anything to do with that property is likely impossible without him OKing it.

Riveting tale, chap.

That's it? I looked too far into it.

It's not a tale, it's a fact, it's even one of the 5 shows TMS did that sold well on DVD.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-27/anime-studios-success-calculated-based-on-10-years-of-disc-sales/.88558

>They did a sales chart of TV shows out of those studios and out of 47 shows TMS released on DVD between 2005-2015 only 5 of them sold well, they were in order Tiny Toons, Animaniacs/Pinky And The Brain (in the same spot because TMS only did the X-Mas episode), The Sylvester And Tweety Mysteries, Batman The Animated Series (Vol.1 is included because of it's PAL R2 release in 2005, it's R1 NTSC release was in 2004) and Superman The Animated Series in that order, the list excludes outsourced work and since Tiny Toons was listed as TMS they had say, end of story.

You also understand what fingerprints are, right? It's a pun, a double entendre.

Why do you keep linking to that? It says TMS is the third-worst anime studio.
And not a single word you green-texted appears in that article.

Why are you so detached from reality?

>5 out of 47 shows sold.
Get the fuck out of my industry!

It wouldn't be a TT/Animaniacs thread of TMS Fag didn't show up to annoy the fuck out of everyone with his spergy bullshit.

I guess we should chalk these shows up as "Things we can never talk about on Sup Forums because of one lone autist that has to ruin every thread."

Why do we even try?