Marvel Future Avengers

Marvel is trying that again.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-27/marvel-reveals-marvel-future-avengers-tv-anime-manga-project/.112736

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2015-05-22/.88375
youtu.be/e1x_9Tv9QZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=0WsrFn4bTbk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At least Cap's design isn't as disgusting as in Disk Wars.

Wasp is significantly less cute, though.

Why does Marvel keep thinking japan is gonna like their shit, they got genuine good anime to enjoy every day

This is for little kids not for otaku. It's not like toy commercial anime is good.

>Marvel announced on Monday that it is creating a new television anime series titled Marvel Future Avengers. The new series will air on the BS (broadcast satellite) channel Dlife this summer, and will be intended for a young male audience.

>The anime will follow Makoto, a young boy who gains superpowers due to an evil gene manipulation experiment. Makoto and other youths join the Avengers as apprentices named "Future Avengers." The anime will show Makoto and others as they train, fight villains and grow, under Avengers members Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, and Wasp.

>Additionally, Teruaki Mizuno (Kyōryū Taisen Dinobout, Metallica Metalluca) is drawing a manga version that will debut in Shogakukan's Bessatsu Coro Coro Comics Special magazine's April issue, which ships on Tuesday.

You know...why not just change up things?

Why does Japan keep using Wasp as designated female character instead of Scarlet Witch? SW is in the movies!

>not making all of them lolis

It's like they don't know what sells over there.

Arcade when

wasp is cuter

And it's on a satellite channel, too - it's probably being made to plug holes on a tv schedule full of reruns. I wonder what merch they'll be plugging this time. It doesn't seem like battle pogs set the world on fire last time, so they might move onto something else.

Whatever it is will probably be better than anything made for western countries.

I hope disney decides to show in the west since at least on XD there are trying to push the anime they have

Nigga. The Japs fucking love the MCU. They probably just trying to appeal to that audience.

Marvel doesn't allow Wanda because Fox might piggyback off popularity if they do.

>No costume

>Public identity.

It's like they want to paint a target on all their loved ones.

She's half fox and thus poison

Scarlet Witch is shit. Wasp is ten times better. Also, she's a founding member, she deserves the spotlight far more than Wanda.

Why is Wasp always the token girl in these animes? She hasn't even been in a movie yet technically.

At leas this time we only have three annoying kids instead of 5.

>At leas this time we only have three annoying kids instead of 5.

So you are thinking they won't introduce a rival to the main kid do you not anime bro?

>Anime Loki recruits an edgelord kid

As long as they have decent toys, I'm down.
Went ape for Disk Wars figs, but the show was shit so they never continued the line ;-;

Well I did enjoy Disk Wars so I'll check this out.

I doubt they will, Marvel wouldn't want to cause brand confusion with their own shows and marketing meant for Western audiences. I bet it won't even get an official subbed release on crunchyroll.

>brand confusion
I think you mean synergy

Brand confusion is the opposite of synergy. What works for a Japanese toy commercial might not synergize well with Marvel's media branding plans for the rest of the world.

>yfw the Silver Samurai and The Hand try to murder Makoto's family

did disk wars have the power pack it seems like they would be perfect for these kinds of shows

Founding member. Not to mention all the other notable female characters are either mutants, not as popular (Black Widow, Monica, Kamala, Doreen, Elsa, et al), or Carol.

No the only kid heroes the show had was Sam Nova and Surge.

Call me back when they make idolshit.

>Surge
Literally who? Why would they have an oscure charac-oh she's a teenage Japanese girl, it all makes sense now.

DC comics would work far better as an anime

Why announce this internationally if they're not going to release it internationally?

Why do you believe this?

They announced this locally in Japan, then ANN and others picked up the story.

Why is the manga art so much better than the anime poster. If your going to make a Marvel anime go all the way and use stylized anime art instead of the boring semi realistic style.

Ah...

They should still do it. No matter what the animation's like, I'd be a breath of fresh air from the trip they've been putting out lately.

Why no DC animes?

2 different designs and art styles.

You had your chance...

that shit was fucking kino

>not knowing Surge
Fuck off???

Sadly the new MC is not as cute as the previous one.

Okay yes, Deadpool was one of the redeeming qualities.

It sounds better than Disk Wars at least?

Seems like they're basically trying to make a Marvel version of My Hero Academia.

Forgive me for not being familiar with every single "next generation of X-Men" character.

Disk Wars was done by Toei, which has kind of dubious track record. I have much more confidence in Madhouse.

What happened to Disk Wars?

At least I like that in the anime, Wasp/Janet is the main female member unlike the west where they try to shove in Black Widow as much as possible.

>Focusing more on the Avengers
Presuming they'll be able to bring this one over domestically, unlike Disk Wars which they couldn't officially bring over because it had X-men and other characters that fall into the Fox movie license dispute.

>unlike Disk Wars which they didn't want to officially bring over because it had X-men and other characters that fall into Ike's embargo for characters he doesn't want the company to promote in animation.

FTFY

>which they couldn't officially bring over because it had X-men and other characters that fall into the Fox movie license dispute.
I guarantee you that that was not the reason they didn't bring it over.

Chop-Chop then, what's the real reason why it didn't bring it over?
>in b4 MUH SYYYYYYNERGYYYYYYY

They had MCU Guardians around the time of the movie.

What are you going on about?

>Those shows aren't released in the US because the American networks don't want them. If they wanted them, they'd have made those series themselves. Those anime are made specifically with the Japanese market in mind, and the original owner usually doesn't care to have it go any further than that.

>Properties like The Avengers and Disney shows are so tightly controlled that anything that isn't part of the basic strategy for that show -- anything that deviates from how the people in charge want those properties to be presented and marketed -- is usually nixed. At the very least, it's not taken seriously. The anime market in and of itself is not seen as big enough to bother with.

>One point they make is that they don't want people to get confused. When American properties are made into anime, the American studios that own those properties basically sign off on their creation, and might approve things like character designs and scripts along the way, but they are essentially letting the Japanese side of the business go do their own thing.Since they didn't keep a tight reign on the anime, it may deviate from story canon, or it may be different in some way from how they wanted to present the show.

>Whatever Avengers or Powerpuff Girls material that gets marketed in the States has to appeal to EVERYBODY that likes those things. That means not deviating very much from the main way in which those properties are being presented. The general attitude is, "well, the Japanese can make whatever they need to support the show in Japan. That's fine. But why would we release those materials in the States? They aren't for us. That wasn't the plan."

>There is definitely a sense of propriety at work here, but also a need for everything related to those properties to be a big hit -- otherwise they worry it could drag the whole franchise down. So there are lots of reasons why it doesn't happen. It's really something of a miracle that Stitch! saw air in the US at all.

Source btw
>animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2015-05-22/.88375

It lasted long enough to finsih about a year's worth of epsiodes, then ended. It did all right to last that long, but JUST all right. It didn't really set the world on fire or anything. I still liked it though.

Let us never forget Marvel's first Anime, which was based on Tomb of Dracula:
youtu.be/e1x_9Tv9QZ8

Madhouse has a decent record with Marvel Anime at best. Iron Man was boring, Wolverine sucked, X-Men was decent at best, and Blade was watchable but kind of bland. I haven't seen any of the movies they did outside of Hulk vs. and those were ok.

lol. Nobody knows who Surge is anymore.

When was the last time she was even in anything?

Qt

>Don't worry about it, I'll be dead in six issues, tops.
Kek. Source?

Stan Lee Meets Doctor Strange

These pages were written by Bendis

>At least I like that in the anime, Wasp/Janet is the main female member

They're apparently using Hope Van Dyne as Wasp (like in the MCU) instead of Janet for this anime.

I hope it's not with Nadia's costume or personality

This Hulk looks like Chulk

We already know what the costume is like.

Do these kids have any powers? Disk Wars had to jusify their presence by making the Superheroes be Digimon they had to summon.

Yet sadly, it'll be any better then the pieces of shit Marvel currently has airing.

I actually would love to see Spider-man manga anime adaptation + possible OC continuation.

It's fucking great, top shelf shounen.

Although, Japs would probably hate it because it doesn't have a single pure woman, every goddamn story is that all men are rapists and women are whores.

Have faith in Spider-bukake.

youtube.com/watch?v=0WsrFn4bTbk

Why do they keep using Wasp by herself instead of with Ant-Man or if they need a girl, just use anyone else?

1) Because Wasp gives you a girl with all of Ant-Man's powers + energy blasts and fairy wings.
2) She has a fun personality that plays off of the other characters better than Black Widow or Carol
3) Her black and yellow color scheme is different from the other four. Black Widow is black and red which you've already got in Thor. Carol is blue and red which you've got in Captain America.
4) Wasp was a founding member of the Avengers and deserves this spot more than other female characters.

Too bad after Spectacular's cancellation, I refuse to give any Spidey cartoon a chances.

Hell, after it and Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes were suddenly canned, I refuse to give any Marvel cartoons a chance and hope all future ones will be terrible.

Pym was in Disk Wars. He apparently was originally on the team but quite because Pym issues. Hope he shows up in this as well.
>cute Hank/Janet anime ship art can exisit

Avenhers Disk Wars was decent and I liked that they did their own thing and not try to synergy so hard like the cartoons plis they made use of lesser known characters.

Also the way that they portrayed Hank Pym was really good, he had his insecurities and bagagges, his jerk attitude, hum doing things that were questionable, but in the end he has his moment.

I think it was episode 38 or 39 that had the good Hank stuff, possibly both, I dunno.

Oh yeah

>tfw we could have actual good marvel anime

They fuck it up literally every time. The Blade/XMen/Wolverine/IronMan shows sucked disk wars I hear is good lore wise but very child oriented. If we can't get good cartoons at least give us good anime

To be fair, the fact that DisneyXD's Marvel bloc is utter shit doesn't help.

It's quite ironic that Spectacular Spider-man and EMH was THE best chance for Marvel to build their own competent animated universe and they fucking blew it TO build an animated interconnected universe.

bro

>The anime will follow Makoto, a young boy who gains superpowers due to an evil gene manipulation experiment.

>wasp without antman
>wasp without ANY of the antmen

enough of this meme

Also why is it always Wasp? They have the rights to characters like Scarlet Witch and Crystal if they need girls, and they do nothing with them. Introduce kids to Jocasta and shit.

Disk Wars never came to the US, why even bother with this?

>answerman
So bullshit out of his ass as usual. He's acting like companies haven't been licensing and importing uncut subbed anime shows to the US for the last almost 30 years.

Why? Why can't Marvel do it with a different studio. Hell, let CLAMP take a shot at this. Or Production IG

>People are actually complaining that Wasp, a founding member of the Avengers, is in the show.

Fuck off you cunts.

Because they can still make a profit from Japanese audiences, numbskull?

It's not confirmed to be Toei though.

Well, Hank is a founding member too, why not have him instead of Cap?

But, desu, I think Wasp is better than Black Widow, good choice, Japs have good taste for once.