SAMURAI JACK IN 12 DAYS

GET IN HERE NEW INTERVIEWS

ew.com/tv/2017/02/27/samurai-jack-season-5-genndy-tartakovsky-interview/

collider.com/samurai-jack-season-5-review/

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/the-return-of-samurai-jack-is-everything-you-wanted-an-1792788975
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That second one is a review, not an interview, OP. Something of interest from it:

>Even the opening credits — once of Aku reciting the legend of how he flung his nemesis through a time portal to the future — is now told from Jack’s perspective, reinforcing a more psychological story.

ISSA FOUR STAR SHOW.

>Rating: Very good — Damn fine television

I remember some review sites calling Berserk 2016 "Damn good anime" so I'm not convinced

That was clearly going to be shit from the first trailer, though.

>the opening narration is told from Jack's perspective

Interesting

>new opening
not sure if want

The song will be the same.

I do.
Shows a broken Jack that failed. Aku was fine for the 4 original season, but I think a change is fitting for this revival.

GOTTA GET BACK

I don't want nu-Aku to be voicing that shit

Being damn good anime is like being the smartest kid on the short bus. You know anime is good when people stop talking about it as anime and refer to it as a TV show or a film.

SJ is now anime.
Anime is garbage for horny lonely teens.
SJ can be enjoyed by anyone.

I'm get the vibe the Aku is going to have less of a presence in the series until the final few episodes.

Considering also the original voice actor passed away, it not makes sense but also feels fitting.

>I'm get the vibe the Aku is going to have less
They already confirmed that, I think

>SAMURAI JACK IN 12 DAYS
>12 days to mine and my little brother's birthday.

Neat.

Who else March 11 here?

Genndy fucking loves anime.

He had characters and episodes based on animes on SJ.

So?

I also love banging punkrock skanks, doesn't make it any less shit.

They never confirmed that, and the marketing they're doing with those billboards of him everywhere sure as hell implies the opposite. This review even says Aku has scenes in the first two episodes.

io9.gizmodo.com/the-return-of-samurai-jack-is-everything-you-wanted-an-1792788975

>When Aku makes his brief appearances in either episode, he’s as wonderfully curmudgeonly and silly—and yet still deeply sinister—as he was all those years ago, even if fans will tragically miss his dearly departed voice actor, Mako Iwamatsu. Greg Baldwin, who voiced both Aku and Iwamatsu’s other beloved voice role, Avatar: The Last Airbender’s Iroh, in several projects after Iwamatsu’s death in 2006, steps in for the new season and does a great job, but it’s still sad not to hear Iwamatsu in the role. But in a way it’s sort of fitting for the show’s new tone that even its lighter moments are twinged with sadness. But they’re still fun moments, ones that are necessary to both balance the dark path Jack is heading on and keep us rooted in the Samurai Jack of old.

>he’s as wonderfully curmudgeonly and silly
great

Everybody.

I am SO FUCKING READY to nitpick and shit all over the new season over every pedantic little thing I can see, and even make up some fake bullshit along the way too.

Me too! I love the internet.

>in person: hey have you seen the new Samurai Jack? It's great! I love it!
>on the internet: WHY DID THEY DRAW JACK'S BEARD LIKE THAT? FUCKING TALENTLESS HACKS.

>The voice of Aku was fucking AWESOME I can't believe they covered it so well!...except for the half second moment in episode too where he says "the" with a lower inflection than Mako would REEEEEEEEEEEEE