Is this the only case of a character that became doomed to be a D-list only because he had the bad luck of the writers...

Is this the only case of a character that became doomed to be a D-list only because he had the bad luck of the writers giving him a stupid name?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_(DC_Comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It certainly isn't because of his fashion sense because Simon has been /fa/ as fuck since the 80's.

Yeah, he was suppose to be one of the powerhouses in the same tier as hulk and thor, too bad that a retarded name choice ruined his career.

Maybe he finally got that acting job?

How did the Aquarian make that list?

>she-hulk and silver surfer below the thing
>spider-man in the same tier as colossus, she hulk and silver surfer

>Implying there's anyone bellow Surfer.

Everyone ends up kicking his ass in a matter of a few panels.

>wonder man
>dumb
how is it any worse then batman, superman, or spiderman. any name with MAN or WOMAN at the end is just as bad

It doesn't roll off the tongue the same way Wonder Woman does, since it's not an alliteration. Something like Marvelous Man would've probably been better.

Because it makes everyone associate him with the chick that is the most famous super heroine, you dumbass. At least here in my country they changed his name to Magnum.

What should we rename him? Major Man? Won-Darr?

Why didn't he just keep his red overcoat? It's his least silly looking outfit (surprising since it's also on of his oldest) and it's actually kind of neat and helps him stand out among the other supers and their costumes.

i never knew about wonder woman until way after. i only knew about batman from the 90s cartoon, it was marvel only until i was mid teen, but i always loved wonderman. also darkhawk, hes another d lister who should come back

Since his powers are based on ionic energy, I think Ionic Man would be nice

Did you live under a rock every normie in the world knows them

Electron

yeah, superheroes that fight the crime wearing casual clothes are the best

no one read dc where i lived growing up, it was late 80's, early 90s and it was all x-men all the time. im not saying i never saw a wonder woman comic in the local store, but with however many thousands of titles constantly coming and going, it never registered with me

sometimes i wonder, man.

I always thought Simon should've been called the Iconic Ion since that's what Marvel typically does.

I wonder whose more of a loser, Hank Pym or Simon?

The red overcoat is great, and could have his black shirt with the red W under it for more intense fights, etc.,

God I miss Simon. He still doing the Carol-In-Rogue schtick? Does his personality ever even pop up?

[Spoiler]If i could write Marvel, i'd grab Simon and Beast ASAP. Those two are just perfect together and deserve good treatment. Maybe see how Ares works in the mix there? Who else would round that group out? Straight-man Vision?[/Spoiler]

Hank Pym isn't a movie star.

Didn't marvel created him only so DC wouldn't be able to create a wonderwoman rule 63?

It's very possible that the name is a thing that keeps him around, it's the kind of trademark Marvel wouldn't want to lose to DC, same as how they've always periodically published books titled "Captain Marvel" to avoid losing the trademark.

He's more "doomed to be D-list" because most readers only care about him in the role of "Beast's bro", despite Marvel hiring a lot of guys who really love Wonder Man to write Avengers over the years.

Every name is better than the Thing.

Simon's a top 5 Avenger who's had a bad hand dealt him

latest solicits show Uncanny Avengers is finally starting to deal with it!

>Ionic wonder
>Ion man
>Ionic man

And that's just off the top of my head.

What about Red Wonder? The colour is clearly emblematic of his design.

Or Negative Man so Marvel have another name war with DC.

Negative Man vs Mr. Negative when?

Isn't he in the new GotG movie?

Only confirmed as a cameo outside of his superhero persona.

Might not stay that way, but that's all that we've confirmed.

No matter how small a cameo it might be, it's still exactly why he's coming back in the comics in May. Marvel did 2 volumes of Howard the Duck comics just because of that cameo at the end of Guardians 1.

Here in Brazil he's name is Magnum, what is supposed to mean something wonderful, great...

Kek

because it's a woman's coat.
has a fancy belt, vertical front pockets instead of side pockets, tailored to end just below the butt
i don't care if it is from the 70's, that's a woman's jacket

Is that Jesus?

Surfer's primarily a pacifist so any fight he loses you can usually chalk up to bad writing/he wasn't trying to actually beat them

How about just Ion?

Or is that taken?

Too bad that this makes that huge W in his chest meaningless.

Taken by en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_(DC_Comics)

Though Simon would've been fine if they just switched his name to Ion as soon as he became a hero.

>Because he had the bad luck of the writers giving him a stupid name?

What the fuck are you talking about? All these names are stupid. You just got accustomed to them

Seriously, Batman and Captain America don't sound ridiculous to you?

Then give him a new outfit with a big M instead.

The problem is that he set his costume to Wumbo.

Oddly enough, that's like the first time I've ever seen Surfer use eyebeams. More characters with energy projection should use them. Visually, they just look damn cool.

i shouldn't like it but user's idea of red wonder is sticking with me

Yeah. But "Wonder Man" in portuguese is so much gay. Ionic Man ia a good name...

>portuguese
Everything's gay in portugese.

Ion Man sounds like someone with an extra chromosome trying to say Iron Man

Stupid COOL, you mean!

Yeah, they're all pretty dumb.

Wonder-man always looks like reject robin.

>because it's a woman's coat.

It's a safari jacket

Changing fashion. Safari jackets are commonly associated with menswear from the 70s/early 80s and many of their design elements are more common in women's outerwear these days. It's dated.

Marvel being as creative as ever, it seems.

...who loves Wonder Man

Jack of Hearts

I've never even heard of him before but I love him already. He looks schway as hell.

My first exposure to Simon was the original Mighty Avengers run where he was rocking his overcoat adventurer look. Thought he was a very cool character but I've no idea what happened to him after I stopped reading, he turned evil and then wasn't and then fucked Wanda or something? I dunno, it seems like he got completely fucked over from what I can tell

You just don't get his character. He's Thor level strength but without the warrior background to back it up. He's there to show what the common man would be like if thrust into the superhero scenario. And to show how volatile power levels can be.

Mr. Muscle

they forgot to add the words for that guy in black suit

He's coming back? Thought Rouge absorbed him.

Simon's dear right?

dead*