So... uhhhh... are you guys sure you want Lucas back?

So... uhhhh... are you guys sure you want Lucas back?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lucas really only needed 3 things and the prequels would have been good.
>More practical effects
>somebody else to rewrite the dialogue
>50% reduction in the density of half the battle scenes.

>>More practical effects

Oh look it's this meme again.

>General Grievous, I'm JEDI

Lucas is a great world builder, character creator and a crocker but he is a terrible story teller

>wanting every scene to be a green screen in front of de_dust2

Well we happen to like practical effects, fuck you.

>Lucas really only needed 3 things and the prequels would have been good.
>Completely reshoot the movie
>somebody else to rewrite the script
>Make the movies about 44% shorter

Why bother with live action if it all looks like a cartoon

>are you guys sure you want Lucas back?

It's a meme. Only the most delusional retards want him back.

i vote yes

Reminder that Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney because he got upset that people criticized him for making shitty movies even with all the resources handed to him on a silver platter.

>Make the movies about 44% shorter
not shorter, just not to have so much shit everywhere.

see

>resources handed to him on a silver platter.
>self financed
ummm user are you really that stupid?

>Sells to disney knowing their Star Wars would be shit
OH NO
NOT ME
I NEVER LOST CONTROL
YOU'RE FACE, TO FACE
WITH THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD

he literally used 1/2 the budget to make ROTS compared to TFA. and tfa was literally copying sequences from ANH.

>The prequels would have been good if they were completely different movies

Yeah that's kinda the point that everyone has been getting at for almost 2 decades now

checked

>thousands of bug-men and robots shud be REEEL

>green screen = CGI

Nobody except a few autismos who actually liked those prequels do

What Dreamcast game was this from

Half of these look like low budget video game.

What part of JUSTleague is this?

Yes

He wasn't constrained, you idiot. That's the point.
He's literally the only person in human history who had millions to spend on an independent movie without a shithead jewish producer telling him that he needs to make his movie shitty to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
And what did he do?
He appealed to the lowest common denominator anyways and made three shitty movies that would make Michael Bay proud.

yes i'm sure. I'll take the flaws of the original creator anyday over Disney storygroup committee's brainfarts.

>wat ps2 game meme
we get it, you're new.

Say what you want about Lucas, but at least he tried to be original. TFA is a fucking carbon copy of ANH.

apparently he didn't

Embarrassing

Ep2 and Ep3 are really such unbelievably hideous movies.

Just kill yourself

No you, faggot.

Watched ROTS and the battles had alot of background details.

That you can only detect if you take screencaps and ogle at the picture like a dog staring at keychain.
Wow, what a great way to distribute your budget, Lucas.

You know, I'll walk it back, rewrite the dialogue to sound like real people are talking to each other. Keep the rest the same, bam the movies are significantly improved.

still better than TFA

decent tv at correct fov and viewing angle.

yeah, id rather the franchise crash and burn in spectacular fashion with the chance at something good, then have them turn out the soulless paint by the numbers Starwars shit.

>he can only afford a 40" tv

No. We want star wars rest in peace, not get slaughterd by porgs, bb-8 and holograms of dead actors.

The biggest problem wasn't even really the CGI, it was that the CGI was so artless and so bad. Gollum from the same time still looks good today

>muh cgi
I feel like this is some kind of psy-op where people are paid to just repeat the same shit over and over again

Yes

And? Half the shit about the CGI everyone rags on you can only notice when you pause it or slow it down

>it was that the CGI was so artless and so bad
Probably the biggest reason for this is that Lucas was using CGI as an excuse to be lazy. The behind the scenes footage is very revealing, and you end up getting the impression that Lucas was basically shoving CGI in as many places as possible because he didn't want to deal with designing/building props, or giving actors proper direction. His response to tons of situations is just to do everything with CGI, because it's easier to have something happen without actual input or direction.

There's also the little moment when Lucas walks into the huge studio with the artists and designers creating the aliens and spaceship models for his movie, and he actually says to himself, "Whoa, looks like I better get started on that script."
Seriously?

The really funny thing about that moment is comparing TPM to Lucas's first draft of Star Wars. TPM is almost the same movie as that first draft; some details are changed, but they're very close (much closer than that first draft is to the final version of Star Wars), in a very conspicuous way. It's almost as is George panicked, couldn't come up with any ideas, and decided to re-use a script he'd thrown out 20 years before.

APOLOGIZE TO GEORGE

What Nintendo 64 with rumble pack game is that?

>it was that the CGI was so artless and so bad
Nigga, you serious? The clones, grevious, and even yoda still holds up. But nah, let's get autistic over a frame in motion and call it shit CGI, amirite?

>tfw had no memory pack for Tarzan so had to restart every time i played it
fuck this level mang

>clones, grevious, and even yoda still holds up
No, they really don't.
Those characters are ALWAYS paired up with a live-action character, which completely takes us out of the movie.
When Ewan McGregor fights Grievous in Episode 3, you can clearly tell that McGregor is absolutely confused and isn't reacting to the moments that he should be reacting to because he can't technically 'see' Grievous. He has to imagine that there's a cyborg alien in front of him and just wing it from there.
Grievous pulls out the lightsabers, and he doesn't even react to this. It's so obvious that the actor and the CG character are sitting on different planes of existence and it's jarring to anyone who knows enough about the real world and how people react to extraordinary situations.

And the Yoda fight scenes are laughable, even if they're better choreographed. No way are you convincing me that Yoda can jump around that much without being fatigued in the slightest.

I know it sounds unfair to criticize the CG in relatin to how they interact or mesh with live action components, but that's basically the entirety of visual effects these days. All computer generated effects have to have some sort of a live action component. If neither the live action or computer generated components match together or work in harmony, then the effects aren't going to look good or age well.

>practical effects are superio-

>they use a computer to edit in a background
>this is not CGI

what do you think CGI means?

Children's movies with bad CGI and art direction > (((propaganda))) reboot

Looks like shit

the original trilogy was pro-spiritual(((propaganda))) against militarised fascism.

try again.

RotS was a completely bloated piece of crap. It felt rushed and often cartoonish.

That being said, I'd still prefer an original idea from Lucas, for better or worse, than merely remaking the OT with different actors.

>LE LUCAS IS AN AUTEUR
>LE APOLOGIZE XD
He's a fucking toy salesman, nothing more. But tell me again how you cried because of how emotional you got by the godawful dialogue on mustafar or how funny you thought Jar Jar stepping on shit was

I don't want any more Star Wars. I'm suck of it. And now there will be a new trilogy after this one? Not to mention the Boba Fett and Han Solo stories. It will never end until there isn't one more cent to be made

Wow such auteurship. Lucas is truly a genius. I mist apologize

How much of an autist do you have to be to completely change the point and write an essay about it.
Embarrassing.

>The clones, grevious, and even yoda still holds up

>posts shitty reaction pic
Wow, you sure showed him!

If the choice was between just Disney and Lucas, I'd gladly have Lucas back. The movies would still suck, though, but I don't think we'd be bombarded with new Star Wars titles every fucking year.

The OT in its unaltered form is fantastic, but everything that came after it has been mediocre at best. The sooner you realize this, the easier will it be to deal with the pain (and also resist the urge to pay money to go see nu-Wars in theaters).

iktf

>all of those points are hurting my brain so I'm just going to go full retard and make ad hominem

>him
Don't pretend to be someone else, faggot

I hated this scene because of how shitty it looks like, and how it's trying so hard to pander to the 'practical effects' meme. Don't get me wrong, I adore practical effects and think CGI is overused these days, but the TFA practical effects galore in Jakku and whatever that Maz Kanata planet was stinks of marketing ploy. Also, some of the most iconic SFX in the OT weren't restricted to just animatronics and people in make-up and masks, but also with miniature models of spaceships, vehicles and setpieces. Of course, all the action scenes in TFA with X-Wings, TIEs and Falcons were completely done with CGI.

That Tarzan game was video game kino

What Amiga game is this?

>not recognizing Commodore 64 graphics
Goddamn underage b&

Somebody post the shot of Mace Windu walking into the room.

this
it was obvious reddit-bait

Dude, be real, this is from the Clone Wars cartoon, isnt?

are you guys both Lucas samefagging? I still enjoy the prequels but the cgi does not hold up at all

YOU MUST HAVE DIED ALONE
A LONG, LONG TIME AGO

youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g

(best version ever)